Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 01:42 AM
Well, with the amount of work I have on my plate I have decided to let Modular Madness work out the last idle issue for me and get a baseline dyno in it's pre-broken in state/semi-tuned state too.

I'll be scanning the dyno sheet later tonight and will post them in the dyno/drag section (Just an FYI for you SWtrolls )

At only 3.5psi and an "ok" tune w/ a decent/safe AFR, Swazo is putting out-
247.4HP @ 5850 RPM
and
261.7TQ @ 4500 RPM

There is still room for improvment, and I will be cranking the boost up to 12psi for my street tune w/ 91 octane and even more with for the race tune w/ 103 octane
Posted By: stilov Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:36 AM
NICE!!!!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 03:40 AM
AND... these are "uncorrected" Mustang dyno numbers
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 04:29 AM
dang that sounds like good numbers!!

The HP peak is a bit on the low side of the RPM range though isnt it?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 04:38 AM
It looks like they shut it down at 58??, even though the redline is 6500 or so. It's likely that it would've been in the 270ish ballpark if it had gone to redline
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:19 PM
that looks like a great place to start. now get it broke in and crank the boost!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:25 PM
Thanks Dave,

check out the dyno sheets here
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:36 PM
nice torque curve mang!

I didn't realize you had so much into that. Take it easy when you do crank the boost, it gets addictive! I always get a kick out of mine when the boost gauge goes over 15psi!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:48 PM
oh yeah - ive only seen 12 psi and its amazing!

I cant even imagine it in a tour!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 02:50 PM
I bet! If when my gauge starts to reach for even double digit numbers, I'll be grinning for sure! I purposly left the boost controller un-installed during break it

Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 03:04 PM
not enough self restraint huh?

I dont blame you!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 03:21 PM
Lookin' like a great start, Daymon. Are you pretty pleased with those numbers? I know I would be.

Do you think your tq curve with change a bit once the power becomes more boost dependent? I'm thinkin' it will look more like a curve instead of it's current beautiful table-like characteristics.
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 04:10 PM
When were going to do the same to my car? j/k
Nice work!
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/22/05 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
.... I purposly left the boost controller un-installed during break it

just wait for 300+lb-ft's at less than 3k RPM's! It's crazy!
I'd recommend starting a new tire fund right now. I know I have one.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/23/05 02:39 AM
Awesome numbers, I am very impressed with that out-put on 3.5psi. I run 12psi all day. Have fun, and watch out for slick spots on the road, tq sucks in the wet ! -B.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/23/05 08:54 AM
Im officially placing my Dibbs on the first CEG rider in a finished Swazo (Dayon=owner=doesnt count)

Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Horse:
not enough self restraint huh?

I dont blame you!

None

Actually, the ol' SVT has given me torrets syndrome. It's true, because the harder I press the gas..... odd things come out of my mouth
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Lookin' like a great start, Daymon. Are you pretty pleased with those numbers? I know I would be.

Do you think your tq curve with change a bit once the power becomes more boost dependent? I'm thinkin' it will look more like a curve instead of it's current beautiful table-like characteristics.

I'm really happy with the car and am totally ok with the power that I'm seeing now. Once it's broken in and the AFR is leaned up a bit, I'm betting I'd be happy with the currant boost level for street driving.

My original idea behind this 3L was to try to keep it a powerful setup that isn't boost dependant for actual power.
*The 3L UIM was used to help produce more torque and I liked the design better for FI.
*The LIM was gutted and HEAVILY ported to dump the charge from the UIM very well into the modified oval port head. I would put money down that no one has done anything like this, yet.
* TONS and TONS of time was put into the port work in the heads. Greg's work pointed me in the right direction, but I had a lot of my own twists that I put on his ideas. CC matching all of the combustion chambers took a lot of time, but was worth it.

Though, I'd guess that the torque will slightly get a little more peaky.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 12:59 AM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
Awesome numbers, I am very impressed with that out-put on 3.5psi. I run 12psi all day. Have fun, and watch out for slick spots on the road, tq sucks in the wet ! -B.

Are going to keep your SVT?

I'm spooked with the ideal of driving this thing in the snow! Torque steer is insane even at 3/4 throttle!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 01:01 AM
Im officially placing my Dibbs on the first CEG rider in a finished Swazo (Dayon=owner=doesnt count)

When's the next meet??
Posted By: stilov Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 04:48 AM

When's the next meet??

Why do you care? It's not like you ever come.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 05:31 AM
As long as I can find the stupid bolts that connect the bumper to the fenders, I'll be there for sure
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/24/05 06:18 AM
well- you name the time and place

I have nothing going until the 9th when school starts again.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/27/05 03:39 PM
Let me get my car running very well and atleast legal before I take 'er out too far. I've been running around the industrial area to stay low key so far. I hate the idea of going to the DMV for 1-2 hours to get a 30 day temp tag until I can fine tune the car and pass saftey/emissions to get tagged
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/27/05 05:55 PM
if you go while most students are out of town and early enough in the day you can waltz in and out in 10 min

I had to renew my DL and it took 15 min
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/28/05 01:48 AM
I went early at the first of December, and I was stuck there for over an hour for a DL renewal
I'll have to show up before they open and try to be de 1st in line to be on the safe side.

Also, I have Magnacor 8.5mm wires on the way and will be switching to a step colder plug to try to clear up my random misfire.

If all goes well, I can make a meet with my car by next week
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 12/28/05 03:57 AM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:

Are going to keep your SVT?

I'm spooked with the ideal of driving this thing in the snow! Torque steer is insane even at 3/4 throttle!

Yep, its getting close to being payed off, which would be awesome, then I can really mod it. -B.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/07/06 01:30 AM
Good to see you're going to stick around

Update:
A new ignition coil and magnacor wires have cleared up many small issues, and my misfire issue!

My PS res. is full of fluid, and the car is MUCH easier to handle Torque steer before hand, was insane!

I am confident about having all heat wrap in all the right places. A few more small under-hood projects, and I can call it good.....for now.

I also picked up a tru-bends 3" system to replace my system that ran under the gas tank. I can deal with a system that routes around it, for clearance reasons.

Still need the bumper bolts that mount it to the fenders :COUGH:Jon?:COUGH, and I'm waiting on a plastic lense polishing kit to put the finishing touches on my custom headlights. Elki mesh is installed in the bumpers, but I still need to do the grill.

Just about there.....
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/07/06 05:08 AM
Any teaser pics?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/07/06 06:42 PM
I might get a couple today after I finally get my exhaust adjusted a bit better.

I'm off to find some bolts to keep my bumper inplace
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/08/06 03:11 AM
I went to Ford to find the clip that holds the rear bumper near the tire at the top of the bumper cover. They looked for 30 mins and they could not find it in there diagram. I was pissed, it still hangs out. If you find an extra one, I will pay well for it ! -B.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:15 AM
I'll check around and see what I come across. Have you tried to get them from Bill Jenkins?

Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:26 AM
Here are some pics from today, before I reworked my ill fitting exhaust. I got to the point of fitting the mufflers, but ran out of metal blades for my saws-all Stainless eats 'em up! This time, the mufflers are going to sit much more flush and higher up in the bumper cutouts.

Excuse the useage of blue tape Once I have my car functioning the way I want, I'm attacking the aesthetics! Note: No lense is installed yet. Custom and police/DOT friendly LED turn signals

A craptastic night shot to show how freaking bright the parking lights are and how well they function with the projectors.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:45 AM
Nice work on the lamps, maybe a light coat of niteshades to make them blend a little?

Closeups?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:53 AM
No closeups until I have my CF panels installed that replace the mod'd OEM reflectors. I also need to install my lenses once they're polished up. Should be within the next week Good idea on the nightshade, but how much do you think it'd cut down on the reflectiveness?

Oh yeah, I need to install my sidemarkers too
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:56 AM
No closeups until I have my CF panels installed that replace the mod'd OEM reflectors. I also need to install my lenses once they're polished up. Should be within the next week Good idea on the nightshade, but how much do you think it'd cut down on the reflectiveness

Im thinking just enough to cut the brightness out of it in the day pics. Id do a quickie photoshop but my server sucks right now.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 06:59 AM
My rear reflectors still work fine with niteshades. It doesnt block as much light as you think it might.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 04:21 PM
Looks good, Daymon. Looks like it's coming together nicely. Looks like it's a lot of odds and ends, but that's usually how it goes.

Did you get a new place? That driveway doesn't look familiar...
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/09/06 11:48 PM
I'll check around and see what I come across. Have you tried to get them from Bill Jenkins?

No, I have not, I will get ahold of him.

All I got to say is dang ! Your car looks incredible ! That is a work of art when its done. I would be afraid to drive somthing that nice. I love that hood, it sucks that it was so hard to get and cannot get it anymore. I really want a different hood. We have to meet in Grand Junction and put your's, mine and Kingpins all together for a photo shoot. -B.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/11/06 01:10 AM
Thanks guys, I'm itching to put it all back together! Now that she's running very well, I'm just working all the tiny bugs out so I can put her back on DD status.

Derek, I was doing my exhaust work at a friend's house that is secure (alarm isn't installed yet ). She can cook all of the different types of Mormon funeral potatoes, and does so regularly..... so I can be found there quite often I'm renting an apartment until I can get into another remodeler, or I actually relocate to Colorado.

Randy, you might be able to get one of these hoods by wither buying someone's spot or maybe even get a fiberglass version. NorCal is a standup guy and I would do business with him again! A picture shoot has been on my mind for the meet too

Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/11/06 01:22 AM
Norcal eh, I thought they stopped making them period. I would have to buy someone's spot ? They are still making them for people that put an order in. Maybe I can put in an order and get it a few years from now !
Thanks for the heads-up. I dont care if its Cabon Fiber or not. -B.
I am having professional photos of my car done within the month. I will post pics when I have them done. (Xmas gift)
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/18/06 01:38 AM
Post 'em when you get 'em

Update: Car is running ultra sweet for a break in tune! I do have to trim off a mounting tab/ear off of my electric fans. One is sitting on my downpipe and making a funky, funky stink

Almost time for fine tuning and a bump in boost and some more dyno time
Though now that I have some decent milage on and the clutch is more or less broken in, I had to give it a good WOT run. This car is FUUUUUUUUN
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/18/06 05:08 PM
you think it's fun now, just wait for more boost!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/31/06 04:30 AM
Just waiting on some nightshade, and the lenses go back on ASAP. I've made some carbon fiber bezels to replace the mod'd OEM parts, and I've been polisheing the living crap out of the lenses. I'm pretty happy with them thus far!

I've got my grill put back together with the gunmetal grey elky mesh. I just have to paint the other mesh to match now.

I'm glad I haven't painted my front bumper yet! While driving around and relearning to drive this car, I've kissed a few driveways the wrong way. I now know how to beef it up and where to keep it from spitting paint once I do actually paint it.

Just some other simple/minor exterior mods and she'll look as good as she runs
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/31/06 04:29 PM
to quote the immortal Vicini:

"I'M WAITING!"
Posted By: Swazo Re: Swazo is semi-tuned - 01/31/06 11:05 PM
Taylor got to see it today in it's rough state. I've really got to wash it and clean it out
© CEG Archives