Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I haven't seen much Colorado conversations lately. Did we lose everyone? I still have my tour and she should start getting her overhaul next year. 3L here we come. I have another ride now so the Tour is just chillin out right now.
no - we killed them
Heh, I'm still here! I mostly just observe nowadays though. The car gets no loving, just abuse. Been crazy busy with this sememester's class load, working to pay rent, tuition, etc., and preparing/applying for Marine Officer Training. How's everyone else doing?
Scot's right...it was a massacre. UT is just so much cooler that I had to move there. Besides, ever since I left CO it just hasn't been the same. Don't believe what any of the Chris's say.

Actually, Kingpin appears to be having lots of fun with his car. I'll let him chime in.
Im still around and blowing money on the tour! Right now Im just trying to get her tuned properly, but now that Ive started it looks like I still have a long way to go.

Blackwidow doesnt seem to post too much, be he is still here and kicking. He moved out of the Springs down to Pueblo, and is on dial up now so thats probably why he doesnt post much. We still meet every once and a while with the Denver SHO guys, but we are about the only ones. CO seems to be slowly dying. Im going to be moving back east in May, so your days with me around are limited

Our plans for the tour sound pretty similar. Once I graduate and get a job Im going to buy a beater so the SVT can go under the knife for some big mods. Its probably going to be the next Swazo, with me learning how to do most of the things myself over a few months. I guess we'll see!
Yeah, Kingpin's ride has been turning out nice. I haven't seen it in person since he's moved back
Originally posted by 303GreenDestiny:
Yeah, Kingpin's ride has been turning out nice. I haven't seen it in person since he's moved back

i still lurk, and post when my cars broke, look for me in the troubleshooting section.
Oh yeah, I'm here. Dial-up sucks, I bought a house in the middle of no where in Pueblo West and I love it ! 2 Acers of land and a brand new home. Jess stopped working and is going to school full time so money is tight right now. The Audi A8 is for sale, having fun trying to make payments on one salary. Need to do some mantance on the SVT, needs koni's , brake job some time soon and HID's of course.
Glad to hear were not all gone, we should be meeting more often after winter. -B.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Just checking 2 C if CO still has a pulse - 12/10/05 03:03 AM
Yeah CO has been dying off slowly, but NM has been dead, I don't even know why it is in this chapter. I'm just a lurker and a troll. Man I remember back in the day when Chad, Alex, Brad, and Ben used to be on here. We used to meet up quite a bit, well at least me and Chad for some go-kart racing.
Posted By: EricF Re: Just checking 2 C if CO still has a pulse - 12/13/05 05:28 AM
Just lonely sitting in this corner of the state..
although I did get courageous and ventured to Denver
this weekend.. The cougar goes to sleep this weekend.
Glad to here there is a few still alive. I know I don't get out to meet everyone that much and I don't talk on the forum near as much I should, but be assured that I still have my car and don't have any plans to get rid of it. I have my Terry Haynes Transmission w/LSD still waiting for it new relationship with a 3L. I'll keep everyone posted when it goes under the knife.
Are you doing the intall yourself?
No, I don't know enough about that kind of stuff.
You will be the first 3L in CO when you do it. That is awesome, it is something I most likely will do when the 2.5 goes out. I hope to have it payed off way before I need to replace the motor. My motor is still running strong with almost 30k miles boosted. I will have it payed off in a couple of years and then I can start modding it !
303 I saw your car all the time when I was in Golden. You hit up the shopping center next to Colorado Mills a lot. Your car sounds sweet, always got my attention. Hope to hang out with you more since big Kingpin is leaving soon. -B.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Just checking 2 C if CO still has a pulse - 12/14/05 02:42 AM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
You will be the first 3L in CO when you do it. That is awesome, it is something I most likely will do when the 2.5 goes out. I hope to have it payed off way before I need to replace the motor. My motor is still running strong with almost 30k miles boosted. I will have it payed off in a couple of years and then I can start modding it !
303 I saw your car all the time when I was in Golden. You hit up the shopping center next to Colorado Mills a lot. Your car sounds sweet, always got my attention. Hope to hang out with you more since big Kingpin is leaving soon. -B.

Sorry been there totaled that . . .I had it done around March of 2003. I don't think you posted here much when that happened. After that I almost brought one of the first 3L's back to CO, cause Brad Noon was selling his but my dad didn't like it, too loud and sat too low.
Brad's true dual exhaust wasn't meant to be tame sounding, it was meant for powa!
So Randy, I thought you were going to sell your SVT...now you're talking about finally putting some power down?
Posted By: 94ex Re: Just checking 2 C if CO still has a pulse - 12/14/05 05:19 AM
Yeah but when daddy's buying the car he has the final say so. . .plus alot of the stuff was "ghetto" rigged. Derek, when you gonna be headin back to the Southwest. . .I found some OE springs that may be getting purchased here soon, and we need to hit up the drags again. Except me and you should race against each other.
Originally posted by 94ex:
Yplus alot of the stuff was "ghetto" rigged.

Care to explain? Ghetto and Bnoon arent two words I usually see in the same sentance.
Originally posted by 94ex:
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:

Sorry been there totaled that . . .I had it done around March of 2003. I don't think you posted here much when that happened. After that I almost brought one of the first 3L's back to CO, cause Brad Noon was selling his but my dad didn't like it, too loud and sat too low.

Ok, he wont be the first, but he will be the only running 3L in Colo. Derk, I was going to sell it, but the kid backed out. I have so much into it now, I am at the breaking point, sell or mod ? Mod is easier then trying to sell it, the car market sucks for used car selling.

PS: I lost a jack-cover today on I-25, dang pothole, but it did not ding the rim, so I order my cover today and counted my blessings,cover will be in tomorrow. -B.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Just checking 2 C if CO still has a pulse - 12/15/05 02:45 AM
Yeah take a look at my engine bay, pics are in my sig, and then if you can find any of his take a look at his engine bay. He made a custom CIA, but there was weld splatter everywhere. Alot of wires were hanging out. There was a short shifter that was just chopped and a big ole hurst shift knob was thrown on there. The suspension wasn't properly done in that it was lowered but the struts weren't upgraded. Before we purchased it we gave him money to install a new oil pan because the old one was leaking(originally wasn't going to be fixed). There may have been other stuff, but that was over 3 years ago and i can't think cause of finals.
So, the sunset today was friggin awesome. When I woke up this morning it looked a purple neon light was sitting just outside my window. I wish I wasn't running late for work, I would've taken some pics. Happy Holidays and New Years. Everyone drink heavily and drive wisely.
Originally posted by 303GreenDestiny:
So, the sunset today was friggin awesome. When I woke up this morning it looked a purple neon light was sitting just outside my window. I wish I wasn't running late for work, I would've taken some pics. Happy Holidays and New Years. Everyone drink heavily and drive wisely.

I do hope you mean the sunRISE, or I'll have 2 of what you're drinking! I definitely agree though, I was out there in the morning hours working on the motorcycle in my apartment parking lot. I find it easier to do it then, rather than in the day and argue with the maintenance crew about my right to fix my vehicle, even if it is my toy It was gorgeous. Quite a bit of cloud cover made for some very interesting refractions, good stuff!
only time Im up before 12. and it was beautifull
Yeah, that was sunRISE.
© CEG Archives