Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: stilov I drove a CRD today - 11/30/05 12:34 AM
Ut was the limited ed...pretty cool actually.
Posted By: Swazo Re: I drove a CRD today - 11/30/05 07:26 AM
Told ya

There is tuning, CAI and a good cat-back that will unleash a lot more power and bump the MPG up too. They're pretty sweet 4popper turbo diesels IMO.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 11/30/05 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
Told ya

There is tuning, CAI and a good cat-back that will unleash a lot more power and bump the MPG up too. They're pretty sweet 4popper turbo diesels IMO.

I agree - I drove one when my co-worker purchased one from my recommendations. i LOVE the concept - I hate the plastic interiors of those cars though!
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 11/30/05 07:38 PM
i drove the limited...the int was pretty nice
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/01/05 06:05 AM
well I may be closer to getting one than I planned...the suby got vandalized today!!! It's not that bad, but I don't even want to mess with a body shop so I might try and sell it damaged.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/01/05 04:13 PM
pics?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/01/05 11:32 PM
Bummer about the Suby, Taylor.

I thought the concept of the CRD was good, but on paper that thing is pretty unimpressive. Slow (diesel, I know), not as much power as I'd expect, and cruddy reliability. Who knows, a few upgrades like Daymon suggested and it'd be a hoot!
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/02/05 06:37 AM
what? I haven't heard problems with them...they have about as much torque as most smaller v-8 SUV's and 160 hp...although the tq is mostly what you feel, and they don't feel slow. All I have heard is that they are very reliable.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/02/05 04:25 PM
I think it was JD power or Consumer Reports that said their reliablity was poor. I could be wrong, though.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 12:37 AM
Well I was checking JD power...but on those sites...sometimes they only review one option package etc...the liberty can have 3 different engines in it!
Posted By: Swazo Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 01:35 AM
I've been looking into the CRD's for a bit now, and all I have read/heard about them has been nothing but rave reviews.

I have to check my notes, but there is a place on the window sticker that shows the total mark up on them, so you know how much to low ball them

Also, the sirus radio upgrade and LSD is worth getting as they are much cheaper through the factory.

I've noticed that there are some really good deals on brand spanking new CRD's on Ebay, and if a stealership west of the Mississippi had one I'd pick 'er up for sure.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 01:44 AM
I am going to DAmbrosio tomorrow...they have an 05 in the color my wife would want (and my boss is coming with us) she is related to the DAmbrosio's and they gave her a killer deal on her g. cherokee
Posted By: Swazo Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 01:57 AM
Even better!

I'd personally rather have the Sport over the Limited, but you can't get leather/heated seats in the Sports

Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 10:09 PM
I drove an H3 today...I like them, and I get suppliers discount!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 11:12 PM
oh PLEASE dont get one of those crap piles!
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/03/05 11:43 PM
what?? They are pretty nice actually.
Posted By: Swazo Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 12:34 AM
Originally posted by stilov:
what?? They are pretty nice actually.

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Horse:
oh PLEASE dont get one of those crap piles!

LMAO.

I'm not a H3 fan. Nor a H2 fan, for that matter. In fact, I think they're uglier and less practicle than my box. At least my box is somewhat sleek. The H3/2 looks pieced together and tacky.
H1 is a different story.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 02:33 AM
oh I disagree...I like the H3 looks (like a cherokee on steroids...I like cherokees though) And the H1's can barely drive on and fit on the road....the H2's What are they good for? The H3's aren't too bad on gas, nice interior comfortable ride (but they do lack power...that's my wife's biggest complaint)
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 06:08 AM
What the hell is a CRD?

It looks like you are looking for a truck. Have you seen that the 06 Sport trac comes with the 05 Mustang V8 with a 6 speed Auto?
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 08:10 AM
I have...I am looking more for an SUV...te CRD is a Jeep Liberty but has a 2.8 4cyl turbo diesel. My wife will be driving it. I found a used 05 near me for a good price and the color she wants...so I will look at that this week.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 04:24 PM
And the H1's can barely drive on and fit on the road

Agreed. They're definately not fit for on-road use. I was grinning at their off-road capabilities.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 05:48 PM
the H3 does pretty well too...no power but the crawl rato on 4 lo is like 69:1. Then they have a switch to lock and un lock the diff.
Posted By: Swazo Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/04/05 09:06 PM
They aren't a "real" Hummer though. Until they come out with independant front and rear suspension like the H1, it'll just be a yuppie mobile
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/05/05 06:46 AM
CRD is the Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel

H3 is a WAY overpriced Chev Colorado truck with an overweight body. The Colorado itself has been given sub-par evaluations.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/06/05 01:59 PM
I dorve another crd...I like it but not enough to replace my wife's Lexus. Even the limited ed.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/06/05 04:20 PM
I dorve another crd...I like it but not enough to replace my wife's Lexus. Even the limited ed.

well said.

Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/07/05 02:34 AM
it's gonna be tough (we will have to replace that car) to find a good replacement SUV. I might hold off for a while.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/07/05 05:41 AM
why do you have to replace it?
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 03:19 AM
I don't want 4 cars!!!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 04:45 AM
well - I think the simple solution would be to not buy any more cars then . . .
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 06:00 AM
Look I have got the Suby for sale still...I will take 16.5 with the damage. Then I will be down to 2!!!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 06:08 AM
dang - 2 cars for tay? you need at least 3!!!
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 06:12 AM
well I would have to buy a 3rd top drive everyday
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 06:22 AM
yep -
and one with awd or 4wd would be nice for winter
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/08/05 04:05 PM
You could buy a Scion Taylor. In all honesty, I love mine. It has an impressive amount of interior space (way more rear seat room than the 'tour!), it's quick enough to comfortably scoot around town it, and I regularly get 32-34 mpg around town. It's got ABS, traction control, and a great stereo. Don't get any options from the dealer (if you're buying new) 'cause you can find 'em online for 1/2 to 2/3 the price.

I think the Honda Element is a decent vehicle, too. I think it's pretty ugly looking when the body panels aren't painted, but they're now painting them on certain (higher priced) models.

Otherwise, I'd say stick with the Suby. They're great all around vehicles.
Posted By: stilov Re: I drove a CRD today - 12/09/05 03:41 AM
no no no Suby is for sale...I want something w/o a pmt to replace it.

And...

I want an SUV for when we have another kid.
© CEG Archives