White 242's are the greatest thing since sliced bread:

Snow makes me cring in a turbo RWD car with no ABS in Utah:

I have full rez if you want:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Horse/Volvo%20Snow%20Full%20Rez/DSCF0172.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Horse/Volvo%20Snow%20Full%20Rez/DSCF0162.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Horse/Volvo%20Snow%20Full%20Rez/DSCF0175.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Horse/Volvo%20Snow%20Full%20Rez/DSCF0178.JPG
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Pics - 11/28/05 07:11 AM
Snow pics and a white car are great. Your car does look more intimidating then mine, even though the tethys belong on the wagon. Ill gladly trade you for some twisted spoke 16s.

On a side note, keep an eye out for a set of 18" Tritons. I think that is what will replace the 16s. I still have those Virgos if you need snow wheels.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Pics - 11/28/05 06:10 PM
jump on turbobricks.com and check the for sale section - there are always wheels for sale when people run out of money. Tritons arent 18"s IIRC they are only 17"s - but I could be wrong.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pics - 11/28/05 06:56 PM
Damn, I don't think I've ever seen one of those, its awesome and yes, the round headlights really do it, not to mention that its a coupe to boot! Congrats on the car, just don't put those badges on your grill when you hit 100K, 200K, 300K, etc
Posted By: muntus Re: Pics - 11/28/05 10:13 PM
Where is that? Provo?
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Pics - 11/29/05 04:38 AM
yeah - outside rockcanyon
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Pics - 11/29/05 06:16 AM
Looks awesome! Didnt realize it had such a big arse, lol. Those headlights look great, very factory. I didnt even realize they werent until you said so, then I remembered those terrible looking factory lights. The round ones are much better, and Im sure you have some good light options with those

Where are some good sites to learn about old brick Volvos? Im already thinking about my after graduation finally got a job and can afford a "project car." The old bricks have a lot of potential, dont they?

I know of turbobricks, but fill me in on some other worth while ones.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Pics - 11/29/05 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Horse:
Tritons arent 18"s IIRC they are only 17"s - but I could be wrong.

Quote:

1998-2000 Volvo V70
ALLOY WHEEL FRONT/REAR, RIGHT/LEFT
Diameter 18, Width 7.5 (20 SPOKE), ''Triton'' Wheel design, SILVER

Your Price

Posted By: Swazo Re: Pics - 11/29/05 03:13 PM
Great pics, and massive as always

The Brick is looking uber scveet!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Pics - 11/29/05 05:34 PM
DOH - I thought you said Titan.

I LOVE TRITONS!!!

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Pics - 12/04/05 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
Great pics, and massive as always

That's a great comment, Daymon.

Scot, Tea is looking pretty good these days. I like the wheels a lot. Don't let Chris' comment about your arse bother you; he doen't know a good looking,great-big, over-hanging, square arse from his elbow.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Pics - 12/05/05 06:54 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Looks awesome! Didnt realize it had such a big arse, lol. Those headlights look great, very factory. I didnt even realize they werent until you said so, then I remembered those terrible looking factory lights. The round ones are much better, and Im sure you have some good light options with those

Where are some good sites to learn about old brick Volvos? Im already thinking about my after graduation finally got a job and can afford a "project car." The old bricks have a lot of potential, dont they?

I know of turbobricks, but fill me in on some other worth while ones.

I totally missed your post -

The lights ARE factory - they came on the 1st series of 200 and the last of the 100. They then went to quad rounds, then quad squares, then single huge plastic squares around 87 ish. The back end isnt actually very large at all - maybe the pics make it look like it - also the car is raked somewhat which may add to the look.

Turbobricks is really the place to be as far as hopping up your old brick - but brickboard.com and volvospeed.com are also semi-valuable boards. Birckboard is for dudes who want to make and keep their cars totally stock and running well (hey - maybe I should visit there more often . . .) and volvospeed is for mostly FWD guys - 850,s70 etc etc.

Turbobricks is an invaluable resource for info however, because for 95% of your issues - someone has already been there and done that - yet at the same time you can still be your own person and make a car that is unique to you.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Pics - 12/05/05 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Horse:
The back end isnt actually very large at all - maybe the pics make it look like it

That's Scot's way of saying "It looks bigger on camera."
© CEG Archives