Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
.... there must be something seriously wrong with me! I've gone through 4 phones in the last year by washing them with my clothes or going swimming with them, and my girly got tired of me flying under the radar without a phone lately. So, now I've got this massive thing being overnighted to me as we speak

This will be nice not to have to take my laptop around with me, so the pocketPC is fairly practical for me.
well - if you werent such a retard . . .
Originally posted by Horse:

I'm going to have to go with Scot on this one...4 phones? At least you didn't shower with one of them.
I ruined one of them while on vacation by hoping into the pool. But, my girlfriend has nabbed my clothes while I've been in the shower and didn't check the pockets before they went into the washer Usually, it's my wallet that gets washed

She is buying this one, atleast
Cant see the pic. What kind of phone is it because I was thinking of getting the Palm Treo 650.
Originally posted by Swazo:

She is buying this one, atleast

there is the pimp we know and love!
My Sanyo 8100 went through the wash, and after it dried out for a week it works fine...
The new phone is a Hitachi G1000 something or other. Not the newest version out there, but I'm sure it'll be perfectly good for me.
Here's a link to the pic...

All the phones I've had go through the wash were Sanyo's. I forget what model number the first type was, but it was the blue flip phone with the video camera, ect. I went through two of those, and then the silver version w/o the video option. Mine went through the dryer as well, which I'm sure did them in
your link doesn't work
Here try this...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AYZIM/102-8536282-0984139?v=glance
Cool, I'm shocked to see how spendy it is on Amazon. We paid $169, but then again it isn't readily available anymore.

The link works for me on my Mac laptop, but it doesn't work on my PC desktop Odd

I'm going to blame it on the laundry detergent... Yup, it's not Daymon or his girl, it's Tide's fault!
No, no.......NO! It's that damned Snuggles Bear! He may look cute, but he is pure EVIL! (I wonder if Sprint will buy that )
Well, another one bites the dust This time, my USB link/charger broke and I got a universal charger until I could get another USB type. I should have checked the voltage needs of my phone because it fried
way to go focker!

I need to find you a phone that wont die - PERIOD!
My Nokia 6010 has taken so many baths this week. Bend over to hook a car and plop, into the snow/slush/mud/whatever it will go. Still works like a charm, with the exception of the back key, but that is the keypad, I just need to go pick up a new pad. The one that is on there is very old.

Since my phone seems to work without a problem, buy a new one, give it to me and I will give you the one that wont die.
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
My Nokia 6010 has taken so many baths this week. Bend over to hook a car and plop, into the snow/slush/mud/whatever it will go. Still works like a charm, with the exception of the back key, but that is the keypad, I just need to go pick up a new pad. The one that is on there is very old.

Since my phone seems to work without a problem, buy a new one, give it to me and I will give you the one that wont die.

see - I knew we could find a solution!
Um, no. Would you really want my newly cursed phone?
Thats why you were going to buy one and trade me, with yours still being in its box and protective wrapping. If you dont touch it, it wont be cursed.
Thats why you were going to buy one and trade me, with yours still being in its box and protective wrapping. If you dont touch it, it wont be cursed.

im also getting a new one in the next couple days:

Audiovix SMT5600

im also getting a new one in the next couple days:

Audiovix SMT5600

daymon - I just won an audiovox on ebay - did you want my Samsung X105?
D'oh, I would haqve if I hadn't purchsed another samsung video/picture phone. I've washed/swam with two before and have learned to love 'em
Sure you dont want the old Nokia? It got replaced tonight.

Mmm, Motorola Razr

Actually the Nokia is probably going to sport the SIM card while I am at work. I cant count the amount of times that it has jumped right out of my coat pocket into mud/water/slush/etc. Ive gotten pretty quick at getting it apart and making sure everything is ok. I think I would cry a little if I saw the Motorola do the same thing.

Actually the Nokia is probably going to sport the SIM card while I am at work. I cant count the amount of times that it has jumped right out of my coat pocket into mud/water/slush/etc. Ive gotten pretty quick at getting it apart and making sure everything is ok. I think I would cry a little if I saw the Motorola do the same thing.

ahh - the beauty of GSM technology!!!

I got me a new phone in the mail today!

Ill post a mini-review after it power charges

Daymon - you have PP
Razr tis de hawtness! Lots of people are getting them these days
© CEG Archives