Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 03:17 AM
If we can keep that up, look out finals. Next victim Pacers. I predict a 5-6 gamer.

Sorry Kidd,we couldn't get you any points..LOL
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 03:33 AM
Hell yeah; they're finally playing Pistons ball again.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 10:18 AM
PISTONS IN 6 NEXT SERIES IS WHAT I THINK. I THINK THEY WILL WIN GAME 1.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 12:23 PM
No way... Pistons will NEVER beat Indiana at Conseco...

Pacers in 5... NBA Champs, here we come!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mbSVT:

Who let this guy in here?
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/21/04 08:12 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:

Who let this guy in here?

You can't get rid of us.... Pacers either....
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/22/04 12:50 AM
4 playoff wins from the pistons might :P hehe
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/22/04 12:56 AM

I don't think the Pacers can steal a game from the Pistons in Indiana. But, with the way the Pistons can lapse sometimes, I think Indiana might steal a game or two on their home court.
Posted By: Mancho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/22/04 01:34 AM
Pistons in 6
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/22/04 01:41 AM
Originally posted by dnewma04:

I don't think the Pacers can steal a game from the Pistons in Indiana. But, with the way the Pistons can lapse sometimes, I think Indiana might steal a game or two on their home court.

F that. Brown just need to put in Big Pete Kahn!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/22/04 03:46 PM

You typed the same thing twice??
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/23/04 02:09 PM
umm...i didn't mean to. I said that I didn't think Indiana could steal a game from the Pistons at Conseco. THen I followed it up with the pistons go into offensive lapses that may allow Indiana to win a game or two at Conseco. I was just kind of correcting my original sentence.

Well, Indiana has stolen one from the Pistons, but Ben Wallace once again showed why he should be the 3 time defensive player of the year.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/23/04 11:18 PM
stupid pacers.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/24/04 02:36 AM
Rasheed guarenteed a win. I believe him.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/24/04 05:37 AM
PISTONS IN 6 LIKE I Said. No other team has went into indy and almost knocked them out. they where lucky det through up 3 air balls.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/24/04 10:14 AM
In sports history you always get burned when predicting victory and now Rasheed has done just that I mean as long he scores more than FOUR points the Pistons should be ok, but NEVER predict a victory, especially at this stage of the playoffs GO PISTONS!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/24/04 11:19 AM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
In sports history you always get burned when predicting victory and now Rasheed has done just that I mean as long he scores more than FOUR points the Pistons should be ok, but NEVER predict a victory, especially at this stage of the playoffs GO PISTONS!

Why? It just adds interest to the series. The players and coaches on both teams are so dreadfully boring that pre- and post-game shows are almost painful to watch. I think it was the best thing he could have done (but if they get knocked out quickly, i will change my mind). The Pistons played like dog poo and should have won that game. I still like their chances an awful lot in this series.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pacers are the shizzle - 05/24/04 10:03 PM
I'm heading downtown tonite to try and catch some cheap tickets on the street... i'll post an update after we win.

GO PACERS!!!!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Pistons will own Joo! - 05/24/04 10:39 PM
I'm heading downtown tonite to try and catch some cheap tickets on the street... i'll post an update after we win.

GO PACERS!!!!!

Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pacers are the shizzle - 05/25/04 03:27 AM

GO PACERS!!!!!

You're team got manhandled.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pacers are the shizzle - 05/25/04 04:10 AM

GO PACERS!!!!!

Sorry friend; Sheed is the only person who can guarantee a victory!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 04:39 AM
To bad I missed the game. "The Pistons wooped their monkey ass in some street hoops"
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 05:34 AM
i officially rescind every good word ever spoken about Jamaal Tinsley.

In all honesty-- maybe the 2nd mistake i've ever seen Reggie make... ever... in his career. and it was a big one.

I'll have to extend my window, but i still say pacers in 6. pistons defense was impressive as always, but got a LOT of lucky calls and got away with a lot of no-calls, and the offense was less than stellar. if tinsley had given the ball to JO and quit taking [censored] 3 pointers that he hasn't a prayer of making, the game would've been ours.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 09:49 AM
i officially rescind every good word ever spoken about Jamaal Tinsley.

In all honesty-- maybe the 2nd mistake i've ever seen Reggie make... ever... in his career. and it was a big one.

I'll have to extend my window, but i still say pacers in 6. pistons defense was impressive as always, but got a LOT of lucky calls and got away with a lot of no-calls, and the offense was less than stellar. if tinsley had given the ball to JO and quit taking [censored] 3 pointers that he hasn't a prayer of making, the game would've been ours.

While most of Indiana's poor shooting was based on the Pistons blocking their shots, Detroit missed a lot of open shots. They still aren't shooting for crap and when they do, the series will be finished. Reggie Miller didn't make a mistake, noone would have expect Prince to get back in time to make that block.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 01:23 PM
I'll have to admit that both teams looked like ass last night

But we came out with a win, so its all good. I just hope I dont see Big Ben missing a open layup and a easy dunk in the first 2 minutes of tomorrows game
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 02:31 PM
Heh; talk about the horrible officiating? How about all those non-blocking calls against Indiana? Offensive foul my ass! For the sake of both teams they need to get rid of these senile 90 year old farts and get some people who can actually see on the court.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 03:03 PM
Or how about the double dribble call from the official with the worst vantage point (behind chauncey) followed up immediately by another bad call from another out of position ref.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 03:27 PM
Or how about the double dribble call from the official with the worst vantage point (behind chauncey) followed up immediately by another bad call from another out of position ref.

Ahhh ya; how can I forget that one?

NBA players just dont make that mistake... especially when they're just walking the ball up the court. What a terrible call.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 07:16 PM

That was a HUGE makeup call... we were all sitting in the stands like... what the hell?!? Unbelievable.

If they'd make the calls in the first place, it wouldn't be a problem... detroit was playing tough, but it seemed like Indiana wasn't allowed to.

IIRC, that call came after a no-call on 3 pistons stuffing a pacer, JO i think, 2 of them from over his back.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/25/04 07:34 PM
That's still no excuse for a garbage call. Making a call like that just because the home fans are asking for one is ludicrous. Tayshaun never would have needed to make that block (amazing to say the least) had the pistons been allowed to retain that possession.

But the game is overâ??Detroit wonâ??no excuses. Like Rasheed said, â??I guarantee that the next two games will be played in Detroit.â?

GO PISTONS!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/26/04 12:08 PM
I must have switched the channel at the time, but I just saw some pics of artest flipping people off as he ran down the court. Nice. Evidently, he hates it that Tayshaun has figured out he drops his shoulder into people on every drive to the basket. Establish position, artest drops shoulder, draw foul and hold him to 25% shooting in the process.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/26/04 01:36 PM
Anthony Peeler of the Kings elbows Kevin Garnett in the face, gets called for a flagrant foul.

Punishment: 2 game suspension, including game 7.

Karl Malone of the Lakers elbows Darrick Martin in the face, gets called for a flagrant foul.

Punishment: $7500 fine!

Ron Artest gives an obscene gesture, which doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't warrant any foul call.

Punishment: TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE

a) BULL SH!T!!!!

b) Wonder who the NBA wants in the finals

David Aldridge agrees
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/26/04 02:28 PM
Anthony Peeler of the Kings elbows Kevin Garnett in the face, gets called for a flagrant foul.

Punishment: 2 game suspension, including game 7.

Not part of a play, just a flagrant vicious hit.
Quote:

Karl Malone of the Lakers elbows Darrick Martin in the face, gets called for a flagrant foul.

Punishment: $7500 fine!

Karl Malone has made a career of getting away with this crap.
Quote:

Ron Artest gives an obscene gesture, which doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't warrant any foul call.

Punishment: TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE

Not sure how old you are, but if you remember the Pistons championship team, they established a reputation of being dirty players. The most minimal fouls turned into flagrant fouls. A little shove in the paint and suspensions and massive fines ensued. Establish and reputation and then you have to live with it.

Quote:

a) BULL SH!T!!!!

b) Wonder who the NBA wants in the finals

David Aldridge agrees

Well, I think it's obvious that Detroit/LA would be the best matchup if the NBA had its way. There is nothing compelling about any other combination to get national interest. The Lakers clearly are more important than any other team.

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/26/04 04:12 PM
Well, I think it's obvious that Detroit/LA would be the best matchup if the NBA had its way.

True that. That would be a badass East vs West game right there. Almost like a NY vs LA game. Just seems cool.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 04:02 AM
Bwahahaha

Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 09:37 AM
LOOKS LIKE THE BAD BOYS ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE FINALS
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 12:28 PM
Pistons in 5. Poor mbSVT's team just is not nearly as good as the Pistons.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 12:35 PM
Originally posted by SILVER SVT:
LOOKS LIKE THE BAD BOYS ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE FINALS

Well, I wouldn't compare them to the Bad Boys quite yet. The Bad Boys would beat any team in the NBA in no more than 5 games right now. That team was unbelievably talented and should have won 3 championships if it wasn't for the phantom call.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 05:29 PM
Man, the "BAD BOYS" bring back memories. I was 8 years old watching the finals with my dad and practicly the only thing I remember is my dad saying "son, remember this team. When you gow older you can say you watched the greatest basketball team ever win the finals". Unfortunately I dont remember a whole lot more than that :P
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 05:53 PM
LOL! I was fifth row up from the floor a the 89 playoffs against the Bulls. Damn Jordon left the ground at half court I swear. Incredible.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/27/04 06:21 PM
Originally posted by todras:
I was fifth row up from the floor a the 89 playoffs against the Bulls.

Bastard!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 02:25 AM
I was in "rodman's roost" which was a suite at the palace for a number of years. But it was the year they got jobbed by the NBA to allow the Bulls into the finals.

I don't think the Bad Boys were the most talented team to win the NBA finals, but they were DAMN good.

Isiah, Joe, and Vinny is probably the best 3 guard rotation ever to be assembled. Actually, there is no doubt they were. Laimbeer and Isiah's will's to win are also unmatched, IMO.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 10:00 AM
I was in "rodman's roost" which was a suite at the palace for a number of years. But it was the year they got jobbed by the NBA to allow the Bulls into the finals.

I don't think the Bad Boys were the most talented team to win the NBA finals, but they were DAMN good.

Isiah, Joe, and Vinny is probably the best 3 guard rotation ever to be assembled. Actually, there is no doubt they were. Laimbeer and Isiah's will's to win are also unmatched, IMO.

Dave, your posted is 100% dead on Back then it was all about grit and determination, period! I remember back then when the average guard could knock down a simple 15 foot jumper most of the time. I thought the Pistons would blow them out Wednesday, but maybe tonight is the blowout because if the Pistons shoot better than 44% they WILL blow them out and then they can go back to Indy and finish them off GO PISTONS!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 03:10 PM

Where was Isiah from again?!? Oh yeah... INDIANA!!!!

Too bad he can't coach worth a damn....
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 03:14 PM

So is Michael Jackson. What's your point?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 03:31 PM

woot, perfect time for another owned pic:

Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 04:24 PM

yeah.... but so is janet.

Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/28/04 05:12 PM

yeah.... but so is janet.

that is one sexy [censored]
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/29/04 07:44 AM
sorry for the late post, i've been out celebrating.

w00t W00T!!!11

I believe i called it... pacers would win the 2nd in detroit... indiana in 6, bay-bee.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/30/04 01:51 AM
The was the first game that Indiana appeared to have the ability to beat the Pistons. The Pistons couldn't even shoot when they were open, it didn't help that Indiana played their best defensive game.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/30/04 03:08 PM
I know were not going to start comparing things to come out of our states are we

Music:

-Ted Nugent
-Kid Rock
-Bob Seger
-ME J/K
-Motown
-Aretha Franklin
-White Stripes
-Uncle Kracker
-Grand Funk Railroad
-Eminen
-MC5
-Alice Cooper

Cars:
-muscle cars of the 60's
-"Motor City USA"

Sports:
-Red Wings (10) Stanley Cups
-Pistons (2) Championships
-Tigers (4) World Series, I think
-Lions (0) Superbowls
-U of M Football higest winning percentage from 1900-99
(I mean look at them, its the freakin' Wolverines!)
-MSU most burned beds after "moral victories"

CEG:
-SE MI CEG...#1

Oh and speaking of the Pistons, they're going to win...Simons voice..."SORRY!"

Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 02:30 AM
Besides, wasn't Isiah from Illinois? His college doesn't count for his origin.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 02:42 AM

Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 02:55 AM
Damn, another dominant performance by the Pistons. Indiana is out of it's league.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 03:33 AM

RIP baby!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 02:58 PM
sorry for the late post, i've been out celebrating.

w00t W00T!!!11

pistons in 6, bay-bee.

Yup, thats nearly a perfect quote, kekekeke

Rip was the shizzle
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 03:06 PM
It's about time that Rip started demanding the ball. Just an amazing shooter. If he improves his 3 point shooting even a little more, he will be almost impossible to defend.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 05:51 PM
Hey "Cornfielders", where you at now How did that "RIP" performance taste last night, did you hear us screaming our damn heads off I predict Tuesday nights game to be close, but in the end, Pistons win BABY!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 06:20 PM
you just did to us what we've already done once to you... we'll just see if we can repeat up in Detroit... if not... ben wallace is still ugly.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 07:36 PM
what a game 5 that was. R wallace laughing at miller when he tried to guard him. haha rip 33 points yeah.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 08:05 PM
ben wallace is still ugly.

rofl, this is true, but you have reggie miller. I think both those boys got hit with the ugly stick!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 05/31/04 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SILVER SVT:
what a game 5 that was. R wallace laughing at miller when he tried to guard him. haha rip 33 points yeah.

I think that was the best part of the game. Although, he should have taken it to the hole against miller, not shoot a fadeaway.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/01/04 12:39 PM

Who cares. No one wants him to go to bed with them. He just needs to handle the rock.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/01/04 04:01 PM

I want to go to bed with him. He just needs to handle the cock.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/01/04 04:02 PM
Ban!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/01/04 05:08 PM
lmao!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/01/04 05:13 PM
Tod, leave it on gaysex.org, okay?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 03:20 AM
WOOT WOOT!!!
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 03:40 AM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!

LA here we come!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 04:01 AM
The emancipation proclomation appears to have been reversed during this series. Rip owned the Pacers so thuroughly that Reggie should probably change his name to toby.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 08:51 AM
That gamme worried me off the start then turned out good. Pistons have a hard match now. i am very loyal pistons fan but i dont think they will get by LA( I HOPE THEY DO THO)
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 10:44 AM
That was a great game and as predicted by some local sports radio guys, Artest exploded and boy was it at the right time or what As far as rating how the various players look, I'll stay away from who's good lookin' and who's not, but Reggie Miller looks like a Ferangi (thing Star Trek DS9) Nice interview with Rick "I have no personality" Carlisle after the game too, what a POS he is and good ridence dork, what a dork GO PISTONS!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 01:32 PM
OWNED
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 01:53 PM
Artest exploded and boy was it at the right time or what

And after that, Rip just kept on talking to him.... I was just waiting for Ronnie to burst again... hmmm, Rip "Vanilla Sky" Hamilton vs. Ron "I'll [censored] your mother" Artest....

And there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that with those two teams playing, in a series as dirty as this one was, with a score as low as it was, that the Pacers should never have been in the bonus. You're telling me that all that rough play under the basket and there were only four fouls in the second half? Come on... I'll give respect where its due, and the Pisstons deserve it, but you have to admit thats ridiculous, and if you don't, you must be blind.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 01:59 PM
I don't think the officiating was one sided by any stretch. The Pacers got away with a lot despite going into the bonus early. The refs were letting them play on both sides.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 03:21 PM
Apparently mbSVT wasn't paying attention at the start of the 2nd half when the foul count was 7-0 in favor of the Pacers... 3rd quarter was 8-2 in favor of the Pacers.

Let's face facts: Indiana f'ed up big time by not feeding the ball to O'Neal every time. Their backcourt got exploited over the course of the series as well. Artest doesn't have the ability to create his own shot and when he's forced to do so he has a LOT of trouble scoring. Don't pin the series loss on officiating. That's weak.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/02/04 03:45 PM
That was a great game and as predicted by some local sports radio guys, Artest exploded and boy was it at the right time or what As far as rating how the various players look, I'll stay away from who's good lookin' and who's not, but Reggie Miller looks like a Ferangi (thing Star Trek DS9) Nice interview with Rick "I have no personality" Carlisle after the game too, what a POS he is and good ridence dork, what a dork GO PISTONS!

They play this word association game on AM 1130. The DJ gives a name, and the person on the line says the first thing that comes to his mind. It went something like this:

DJ, "Reggie Miller"
Random Guy, "Skeletor"

I almost died!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/03/04 10:54 AM
Quote:

They play this word association game on AM 1130. The DJ gives a name, and the person on the line says the first thing that comes to his mind. It went something like this:

DJ, "Reggie Miller"
Random Guy, "Skeletor"

I almost died!

I listen to "It is what it is" everyday Mike and I heard that call. Shawn thought it was pretty funny as well I've called word association before and one of the words was WNBA and I said "Ferndale" and he laughed his ass off Back to the Pistons/Pacers series though I'll say this, I have a new found respect for Jermaine O'Neil
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/03/04 02:04 PM
I have a new found respect for Jermaine O'Neil

Even if he does look like a p3nis with a sweatband on
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/04/04 02:52 AM
Quote:

DJ, "Reggie Miller"
Random Guy, "Skeletor"

I almost died!

I listen to "It is what it is" everyday Mike and I heard that call. Shawn thought it was pretty funny as well I've called word association before and one of the words was WNBA and I said "Ferndale" and he laughed his ass off Back to the Pistons/Pacers series though I'll say this, I have a new found respect for Jermaine O'Neil

If you keep this up, I will be forced to tell Baligian that you keep spelling his name SHAWN. You will be banned from his audience of 10 listeners and kept out of MEATA.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/04/04 10:13 AM
Quote:

kept out of MEATA

Sorry Dave, but I've already got the day off BTW, are you going to be there?
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/04/04 10:57 AM
I was thinking about it. What day is it?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/05/04 04:28 AM
I was thinking about it. What day is it?

July 23rd and its FREE, did you guys here that, its FREE. They do ask that you bring some meat to "add to the kitty", but its no biggie. This a big BBQ given by Sports Radio AM1130 "The Fan" every year, kinda like a listener appreciation thing and also to protest against PETA, with MEATA which actually means this, guys eating alot of meat! Last year they had a pig that was just living 3 days earlier and let me tell you this, with the BBQ they added to the mix, the pork sandwiches were AWESOME Come on out and say hello, they'd love to have you out there and did I mention its FREE
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/07/04 10:18 AM
Even though it was the first game, a TWELVE POINT win and it was there, what a win Oh and BTW, they're talkin' about how the announcers were biased, no way, not someone picking against the Pistons and/or Detroit, that never happens I remember back in 90' when the Pistons beat the Trailblazers they lost game #2 and then won it at home in 5 games, could history repeat itself GO PISTONS!
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/07/04 12:58 PM
Well, that's how it's been all year... The Pistons hold a team in the 70s and everyone in the media says "that's because the Eastern Conference sucks and nobody can score..." San Antonio and L.A. play a game in this year's playoffs that the Spurs win 73-72 and everyone is falling all over themselves talking about "what a defensive struggle and these 2 teams play FANTASTIC defense and blah blah blah..."

I think the Pistons went out there and showed some people that they're for real and deserve to be in the Finals... Am I saying they're gonna sweep? No way. But they've got a damn good chance at winning this thing. Good production off the bench from Grandpa Elden, even a couple clutch buckets from Corliss (still playing his Matador Defense though). The benches are going to be crucial for both teams and last night the Laker bench never even came over from the team hotel.

And BTW Roger, the Pistons won both of those titles on the road... had the league's best record both years so they had home-court advantage. It'd be nice for them to win a title at home one of these years. The Tigers and Wings have done it in my lifetime so now it's their turn.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/07/04 01:45 PM
Yeppers, the Pistons won 3 straight in Portland...that was a pretty amazing feat considering they were nearly unbeatable at home at that time.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/08/04 02:14 AM
I say this to the national sports media...GO F&#K YOURSELVES AND GO PISTONS! I'm sick and tired of the big market bias towards LA and NY teams. The world doesn't revolve around them, so get your head out of your ARSE national media and give the Pistons their due, they've earned it!!!
Posted By: 1stSVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/08/04 04:25 PM
The Pistons are gonna take the lakers in six. If they play like they did sunday, the series is won. Rip needs to perform better. We need not focus all our attention o shaq and kobe. They are good players, but they arnt the laker. The lakers consist more of just 2 players We need to focus on the team as a whole. if ir werent for rush, they would have lost that game.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/08/04 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 1stSVT:
We need not focus all our attention o shaq and kobe. They are good players, but they arnt the laker. The lakers consist more of just 2 players We need to focus on the team as a whole. if ir werent for rush, they would have lost that game.

They didn't focus all their attention on Shaq and Kobe... they let them score and made sure everyone else got defended as opposed to most other teams that double down on Kobe and/or Shaq every time they touch the ball. Malone, Payton, George and Fisher proved the point that if they have to create their own shot as opposed to firing up open jumpers all night the team goes NOWHERE.

And I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly, but are you saying that if it weren't for Kareem Rush going scoreless that Detroit would've lost the game? Come on, man... you're talking about a guy that isn't even averaging 4 points a game in the playoffs in 14 minutes per game... scored 10 or more TWICE in 18 games in the playoffs. Has one good game in the postseason and all of a sudden he's the Laker MVP. I hardly think he's the make-or-break guy for the Lakers.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 04:30 AM
Well Detroit blew that game. The officating was horrible; but what can we expect? The next 3 games are in Detroit. I like our odds.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 04:51 AM
That last foul on shaq was total BS...And RIP shoulda fouled Kobe...wtf man.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 04:57 AM
No; Rip did the right thing. That was a long ass three that only key plays like Kobe can hit, what an amazing shot. We should have fouled Shaq when they inbounded to him.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 05:00 AM
Originally posted by SVTMike:
No; Rip did the right thing. That was a long ass three that only key plays like Kobe can hit, what an amazing shot. We should have fouled Shaq when they inbounded to him.

Yep. Not fouling him was a horrible mistake along the same lines of the pass that Larry Bird stole back in 86...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 10:21 AM
Quote:

Yep. Not fouling him was a horrible mistake along the same lines of the pass that Larry Bird stole back in 86...

I wouldn't say that Dave, that was a REAL brain fart and I'll never forget it The Pistons are playin' alot better than all the national "experts" thought, so were in for the long haul, GO PISTONS
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/09/04 11:26 PM
If he would have fouled him and then they tied it would be the same bitching thats going on now..

They took a chance ahh ohh well.. they are playing very good
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/10/04 03:01 AM
Well, ideally they would foul him before he took a shot therefore giving them some time to set up a play on the other end and giving him only two FTs.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/10/04 03:05 AM
Well, ideally they would foul him before he took a shot therefore giving them some time to set up a play on the other end and giving him only two FTs.

thats a great idea!
Posted By: 1stSVT Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/10/04 05:31 PM
We need to get off to a better start then we did. We had a horrible first period. And I agree that we should have fould Shaq before he got to dish it out. Then we would have gotten the ball with 10 on the clock and still had the led no matter if he hit both or not. then all we all we would have had to do was hold the ball. Whats done is done. I STILL SAY PISTONS IN SIX!!!!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 03:53 AM
TWENTY POINT BLOWOUT and this is the first time since the inception of the 24 second clock that the Lakers have been held under 70 points, history in the making???, I think so! Hey Kobe, don't worry, just order up some "room serive" and it will be alright
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 03:56 AM
Ummm since ANY team has been held under 70 points in the Finals.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 04:20 AM
UGHHHHHHH!

This one is over. On to game 4!

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 04:24 AM
I hope LA has plenty of this...
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 04:32 AM
hah... you are the KY master.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 04:58 AM
Hell Yeah. But I hate ABC, the stupid announcer was saying the Pistons will for sure lose game six, as if there will be one . Also the Fugsticks behind the cameras screwed up the score at the end of the game, it said Pistons- 68, Lakers- 88, still no respect
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 05:06 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Also the Fugsticks behind the cameras screwed up the score at the end of the game, it said Pistons- 68, Lakers- 88, still no respect

I called ABC IMMIDATELY after and [censored] about that. 818-460-7477
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 05:28 AM
Also the Fugsticks behind the cameras screwed up the score at the end of the game, it said Pistons- 68, Lakers- 88, still no respect

I called ABC IMMIDATELY after and [censored] about that. 818-460-7477

Sweet! See if they issue a apology next game, doubt it. The scorekeep guy must have been a Laker fan
Also Byron Scott said the only smart thing on the show, when stated that maybe we should be givin props to Detroit for playing well, instead of saying L.A. is not playing good. Umm no shiiit! Detroit has not done anything different these whole playoffs, than the other announners are like , Yah Yah, but you never no when L.A. will strike back, blah blah
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 01:01 PM
I noticed that too. Give props where props are due! After last nights game I'm more confident in a championship. The Palace was soooo loud it was great.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 11:24 PM
Al Michaels was talking about game #6 in L.A., hey Al, the Lakers need to win a game in Detroit before that can happen. I hope EVERYONE nationally gets egg all over their faces GO PISTONS!
Posted By: Frosty Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/11/04 11:37 PM
Yeah, announcers have treated these playoffs like the lakers are gonna win and it's been really annoying. I used to like the lakers until all the DRAMA and everyone expecting them to win and announcing like they will. Announcers aren't necessarily supposed to be unbiased, but they shouldn't all be talkin about how LA played not so good and hardly talk about detroit. I live in WI, gotta root for the home team Bucks, but since they ain't there, GO PISTONS!!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 12:27 AM
You guys should check out "Gonzos" on the corner of Utica and Gratiot, they have a HUGE Ben Wallace banner out in front with a growing FRO as they continue to win games...GO PISTONS
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 12:30 AM
You guys should check out "Gonzos" on the corner of Utica and Gratiot, they have a HUGE Ben Wallace banner out in front with a growing FRO as they continue to win games...GO PISTONS

go take a picture!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 01:10 AM
Kid Rock = class act! He just sang "America the beautiful" and dedicated the game to the troops, Ronald Regan and Ray Charles, again, CLASS ACT! Say what you want about Detroit, but we've got some class acts that play/played here:

-Barry Sanders/Robert Porcher
-Alan Trammel/Lou Whitaker
-Joe Dumars/Vinny Johnson
-Steve Yzerman and the Red Wings

I may have forgotten someone and if I did, please feel free to let us and everyone else know, Detroit love is in the air tonight....GO PISTONS!
Posted By: Barge Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 04:05 AM
What a dominant 4th Quarter.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 04:26 AM
Kid Rock = class act!

I'm gonna go with... no, not so much. classy act (singular) perhaps, but calling Kid Rock a class act is like calling a zetec "fast"
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 04:33 AM
Woohooo! Go Pistons. What more can I say? It's amazing to see Sheed when he's not in foul trouble. What a game!!!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 05:10 AM
Woohooo! Go Pistons. What more can I say? It's amazing to see Sheed when he's not in foul trouble. What a game!!!

Exactly, when Sheed is on the court its a different ball game. Also that was "classy" of Kid Rock. It seems as if he has changed his tune a little. Go Pistons.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 05:18 AM
Also that was "classy" of Kid Rock. It seems as if he has changed his tune a little. Go Pistons.

Yeah; Kid Rock has come a long way since Balls in Your Mouth .
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 05:22 AM
Also that was "classy" of Kid Rock. It seems as if he has changed his tune a little. Go Pistons.

LOL
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 06:04 AM

LOL

Stare at the ceiling sit back n laugh...

We owned LA. Seeing Larry Brown point down at Phil was amazing. That and the beg when brown ducked down as they were calling his name out.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 10:08 PM
Well anyone who gets up there and salutes our troops FIRST, then argueably the greatest President of our time, Ronald Regan next and finally Ray Charles is a class act IMO, especially in our liberal, whining Hollywood movie types that we have out there GO PISTONS!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/14/04 11:43 PM
You've obviously never heard "balls in your mouth"
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/15/04 01:41 AM
It was a class act, but he is not a classy individual. It really doesn't matter at all.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 03:40 AM
With less than 2 minutes to go, not only are the Pistons the "shizzle", they're the WORLD CHAMPIONS! I'm so glad the game was a blowout because theres now NO DOUBT who the best team IS, THE DETROIT PISTONS!!!
Posted By: contour96 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 03:45 AM
WAY TO GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 03:54 AM
I know were not going to start comparing things to come out of our states are we

Music:

-Ted Nugent
-Kid Rock
-Bob Seger
-ME J/K
-Motown
-Aretha Franklin
-White Stripes
-Uncle Kracker
-Grand Funk Railroad
-Eminen
-MC5
-Alice Cooper

Cars:
-muscle cars of the 60's
-"Motor City USA"

Sports:
-Red Wings (10) Stanley Cups
-Tigers (4) World Series, I think
-Lions (0) Superbowls
-U of M Football higest winning percentage from 1900-99
(I mean look at them, its the freakin' Wolverines!)

CEG:
-SE MI CEG...#1

This occured to me today....

Indiana: THE FREAKIN' PISTONS!!! we still win

congrats to you guys!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 04:02 AM
Quote:

Sorry dude, the statute of limitations has run out AND you have your own team now, thanks to the de-funked ABA of the 70's, so this is all ours, again I think its clear now to everyone that SE MI is "title town USA", think about it
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 04:14 AM
Support the Pistons, rub it in!

Do your duty
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 04:19 AM
Hells YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 04:31 AM
Incredible!!!!!
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 04:38 AM
Quote:

Sorry dude, the statute of limitations has run out AND you have your own team now, thanks to the de-funked ABA of the 70's, so this is all ours, again I think its clear now to everyone that SE MI is "title town USA", think about it

Don't deny your heritage!! Embrace your Hoosier roots! You can run, but you can never hide... FDub will get ya....
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 06:15 AM
What a great team we have, once again we dominate and with class. Not a single showoff move made on the team, and worked hard to the end. Ben Wallace was so fun to watch tonight, he was all over, even making some big shot, plus rebound galore. To bad that block didn't count, it was awesome. We have the best fans here in the "D". Indiana fans should be proud, they gave us the most challenge, and I expect them to do the same next year. GO PISTONS!
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 06:55 AM
Hell yeah; GO PISTONS!

I was just downtown checking out all the action. It's crazy down there, people everywhere! But everyone seems to be behaving; I'm proud of Detroit!!!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/16/04 01:22 PM

Sports:

Try 3. 89, 90 & 04

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/17/04 11:21 AM

Sports:

Try 3. 89, 90 & 04

Don't forget the Shock Todd, 03'
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Pistons are the shizzle - 06/18/04 01:59 AM
I went downtown for the parade today; it was absolutley insane out there. We had a great time though!
© CEG Archives