Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 08:10 PM
Well I took a little ride today and found a great place for our next meet. Lets have it at the Don Pablos on Ford Rd. Its about 1 mile E of I-275 on Ford Rd. I picked this spot for a couple reasons, one being its easy to find, easy off the freeway, easy on the freeway The other reason is a coule monthes ago there was this "meet" set-up over there and it never happened and besides, we are supposed to spread it around you know Theres a pretty big parking lot right next to it so exclusive parking for us shouldn't be a problem. Also it seems that the CCEG is making yet another trip to our meet, possibly with additional members, so lets make them feel welcomed, again
Roger, are you talking about the one right by Home Depot? Ill see if i cant make this meet.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 08:13 PM
Oh I'm salivating now. Don P's BBQ Fajita's.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 08:15 PM
Thats exactly where its at Jim, are you bringing the "BeyondloadedSE"? I think after the install of the 3.0L/turbo, you'll need to find another word for BEYOND If you and your bro show up, this will be a (4) state meet, sweeeeeeet!
I'll try to be there. Its 10 minutes from my place so if I'm in town and don't have any other obligations I'll be there.
-Mark
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 08:18 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Oh I'm salivating now. Don P's BBQ Fajita's.

Whatever it takes to get you out to one of our meets Todd "Sunday, Sunday, see big Todd haulin' ass in his 3.0L powered Tour!"
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 08:55 PM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
"Sunday, Sunday, see big Todd haulin' ass in his 3.0L powered Tour!"

Ain't goin' anywhere for quite a while.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 09:33 PM
"Where there" (jim carrey dumb and dumber)
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/11/04 09:41 PM
I'll be Ice Climbing some waterfalls that weekend. Have a Chimichanga for me!
i was wondering why i saw you cruisin on the freeway today rog. i saw ur car from like a half mile away . i woulda pulled off somewhere to bs, but i was already late for class. i think i saw u at at about 10:15 and my class started at 10:20 and i was only at coolidge . good thing there are no cops on southfield fw all the way to ford road. as for the meet... ill be there!
if i do in fact come i wont have the contour. It wont be running that soon, although it will be close i would say. Ill have the miata with the 240 pounds worth of tube sand in the trunk.
Posted By: MUCCSVT Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 01:58 AM
Count me in for sure, as long as the date doesnt change so I can make sure I take work off that day. I'm all for it can't wait to meet new people and see some more tour's.
I'll be there and hopefully with my tour if my ECU comes back with my superchip installed and working correctly..
Posted By: m!key Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 02:34 AM
this time i am there!
Posted By: TOUR2NV Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 02:44 AM
roger, let me start by sayin you're awesome, its about time a MEAT got scheduled for a sunday. i just have to show up now, dont i? im definitly there, beater and all
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 03:08 AM
Well I took a little ride today and found a great place for our next meet. Lets have it at the Don Pablos on Ford Rd. Its about 1 mile E of I-275 on Ford Rd. I picked this spot for a couple reasons, one being its easy to find, easy off the freeway, easy on the freeway The other reason is a coule monthes ago there was this "meet" set-up over there and it never happened and besides, we are supposed to spread it around you know Theres a pretty big parking lot right next to it so exclusive parking for us shouldn't be a problem. Also it seems that the CCEG is making yet another trip to our meet, possibly with additional members, so lets make them feel welcomed, again

1. How long do you think it would take to get there from the Cleveland area (actually I'm about 30 miles west of Cleveland)?
2. Anybody from the Cleveland/Akron area going to be there? It's time for me to start meetin some of you guys. Maybe we could caravan.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 03:22 AM
like 45mins past toledo
Posted By: ContourPunk Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 04:29 AM
hey i know i dont try a tour anymore but id love to meet up and meet some contour folk...that place is VERY close to my girlfriends house, ive passed it a million times..i'll try and be there!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 11:54 AM
First off sorry to hear about your car Todd, I don't visit that forum very often Hopefully you get another engine and it goes back together ok.

As far as the date changing on the meet, well, thats not going to happen, so its still Sunday, February 29th

As far as how to get there for you out of towners, well, its pretty easy and this is by design For those of you coming from Ohio take I-75 N like you usually do, but this time take it to the I-275 exit and go N. Stay on that for a little while to Ford Rd. Once you get off the Ford exit turn right (EAST) and go down about a mile and its on the right, real easy.

For you "ROAD WARRIORS" from Chicago its also very easy. Take I-94 E to I-275 N to the Ford Rd. exit. Once you get off at Ford Rd turn right (EAST) and go down about a mile and its on the right

Jim and Scott your from the area, so you already know how to get there and hopefully you will not need all that sand in the trunk

If theres any other questions, please post them and lets have another great meet, especially for those who are driving from Cleveland and Chicago...amazing
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 02:09 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Ill have the miata with the 240 pounds worth of tube steak in the trunk.

Posted By: peepshow Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 03:11 PM
I'll be there. It's time to meet some of you weirdos.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 08:21 PM
Yeah we wanna meet you too, "peepshow" Don't try and steal the quarters out of my coin holder either, LOL!
Posted By: janostak Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/12/04 09:26 PM
Count me in...I can't wait to see if we get even more people to show up than the last meet!!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 01:46 AM
What time?

Screw it, I could care less what time... Count me in, I'll be there. Need to start showin my ride off too, y'know?!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 09:22 AM
I CAN'T GO!!!!!!!! I am moving in my new apartment on the 28th!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear this Hector, but are Steve and Mikey Boy still gonna show up, as well as any other CCEG-ers As far as the time goes, well, lets make it 2:00 p.m. again, that seemed to work out for those "sleepy heads" out there, you know who you are
Posted By: Airforce Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 02:59 PM
I might come out to this one even though I no longer own any ford products!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 05:06 PM
Well we will see....I still may go.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 05:20 PM
Originally posted by peepshow:
I'll be there. It's time to meet some of you weirdos.

I'm gonna try and make it, too. Time to meet some new friends.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/13/04 07:15 PM
All CEG-ers are welcome, no matter car they drive
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/14/04 08:46 AM
Okay...talked to Kim....looks like we are going? So this is in or near where exactly.....how long of a drive?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/14/04 11:57 AM
Glad to hear your coming Hector As far as how to get there I put up directions for everyone coming from out of town, check it out in the original post I would've rather had it at Mexican Village but I figured this is alot easier for everyone to find since its right off the freeway, easy on, easy off BTW, how many more CCEG-ers are you bringing with you?
Sounds like a good enough reason for me to take work off...I should be there
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/15/04 01:17 PM
Cool Brian, it would be nice to see your car again as its one of the few cars w/ graffics that I really like The last meet had a total of (20) cars, although not everyone stayed that long we still had a massive turnout. For those on the EASTSIDE, there will be a meeting spot for us to head over there and I'll post it as the meet gets closer
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/15/04 06:33 PM
i just did a search on the distance for me and is 55 miles....maybe if it is not raining or snowing i should be able to make it...for all you lazy people that don't want to look for the place the address is:

39895 Ford Rd.
Canton, Mi.

Ben
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/15/04 06:59 PM
Ben, don't talk about snow and rain for the next meet
Posted By: janostak Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/15/04 07:19 PM
Would a sunny 60 degree day be too much to hope for???
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/15/04 07:40 PM
We are due for our "winter thaw" and that would be a great day for it
Posted By: bluecontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 04:06 AM
I'll be there cause i really need to meet some of you guys and it works out fine cause i work at the wal-mart right across the street. My car is not the best but once july comes it will be done. youll see when i show up.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 04:08 AM
Im there..... as stated earlier
Posted By: BMorgn66 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 04:33 AM
Don Pablos is a great idea, its about 2 minutes away from my house. So in fact i will be able to come out and meet everyone for the first time, however I will have my winter beater. a 1983 chevy scottsdale 2 tone full size pickup. Its great, it will be nice to see some contours because i miss mine so much.

Bryan
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 07:02 AM
Sooooooo just post up the address......
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 04:55 PM
I cannot be there. PLease talk about auto-x ideas or a track event. Thursday night or sunday morning.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 05:30 PM
I should be able to make it, woohoo, I don't have to sling mud at Roger's car now! lol.

Too bad there is no way the mustang will be ready for its maiden voyage . . . maybe for SZ . . .
Originally posted by Rara:
Too bad there is no way the mustang will be ready for its maiden voyage . . . maybe for SZ . . .

Yeah... um... OK

-Mark
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

So where are we meeting again?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 10:47 PM

Quote:

39895 Ford Rd.
Canton, Mi.

It was already done for you Hector , I couldn't resist that one, sorry! LOL! I also put up directions for you guys as well in the original post

Brian, thanks for not needing to sling mud on my car So are you bringing the CSVT or the XR4Ti
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 11:07 PM

Quote:

39895 Ford Rd.
Canton, Mi.

It was already done for you Hector , I couldn't resist that one, sorry! LOL! I also put up directions for you guys as well in the original post

Brian, thanks for not needing to sling mud on my car So are you bringing the CSVT or the XR4Ti

What exactly is this place?
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 11:26 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Originally posted by Rara:

Yeah... um... OK

-Mark

Hey, its all downhill after the headers . . .

Someday, i will find the time to work on them some more . . .
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/16/04 11:29 PM

Hey, any time Rog

I have no idea which car I will bring, the XR looks pretty ghetto, but now that is significantly faster than the contour, despite the worn out springs, shocks etc. etc. I dunno what to do, lol.

Fwiw, the XR, last summer, at stock boost, on crap tires, w/ no intercooler or anyhting else, still matched my best time ever in the contour at Milan.

are u serious or sarcastic?

its a mexican restaurant.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 01:37 AM
I really need some people to take ownership of the track event. PLease make it a topic of discussion. I'm sorry I cant be there this weekend.

Mark
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 07:01 AM

are u serious or sarcastic?

its a mexican restaurant.

Being Mexican....this is great!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 12:12 PM
We have better "real" Mexican restaurants Hector, but this ones a little easier to find. Maybe if you come up a day early for SZ we can hit the famous Mexican Village restaurant. Its been there since 1950 and a Detroit original
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 03:27 PM
Don P's is the shizz...

Ben
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 07:54 PM
Why are all the meets "unofficial"
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/17/04 07:57 PM
Umm because Rog posts to get feed back on a possible meet. Then it gets pinned with the same title.
Well fellas, its just my luck. We have a 3 hour mandotary meeting at my work Sunday the 29th. I wont be able to make it. Perhaps the next one.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/18/04 08:24 AM
Well fellas, its just my luck. We have a 3 hour mandotary meeting at my work Sunday the 29th. I wont be able to make it. Perhaps the next one.

Maybe use "a sick family member you have to visit"....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/18/04 11:34 AM
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:

What Todd said plus its kinda of a traditon here in the SE MI CEG to call them "unofficial" meets One thing that looks to be "official" though, CCEG is making it to its 2nd consecutive meet here in SE MI, so if your local and didn't make it out to the first one, you can atleast make it to this one, seeing that the CCEG will have traveled a little over 1200 miles in (2) monthes coming to our meets (thats per driver, they had (2) last month). Amazing dedication
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/18/04 04:21 PM
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:

What Todd said plus its kinda of a traditon here in the SE MI CEG to call them "unofficial" meets One thing that looks to be "official" though, CCEG is making it to its 2nd consecutive meet here in SE MI, so if your local and didn't make it out to the first one, you can atleast make it to this one, seeing that the CCEG will have traveled a little over 1200 miles in (2) monthes coming to our meets (thats per driver, they had (2) last month). Amazing dedication

Need to go where the meets are!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/19/04 09:35 AM
So how many are we looking at for attending this meet?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/19/04 11:40 AM
We never really know Hector, they just show up but I'm glad to be able to drive to this meet, especially now that the CSVT is back on the road The only thing that would keep it(CSVT) from coming to the meet is the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ! I expect a good turnout, especially since its at Don Pablos
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/19/04 04:19 PM
We never really know Hector, they just show up but I'm glad to be able to drive to this meet, especially now that the CSVT is back on the road The only thing that would keep it(CSVT) from coming to the meet is the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ! I expect a good turnout, especially since its at Don Pablos

I don't care this time....I will have the wheels on!!!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/20/04 12:50 AM

I don't see why we can't meet or beat the last meet Who's actually coming from Chicago besides you and Steve Hector, Kevin, Mikey Boy, etc
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/20/04 07:56 AM

I don't see why we can't meet or beat the last meet Who's actually coming from Chicago besides you and Steve Hector, Kevin, Mikey Boy, etc

Kevin is going? I really don't know who else is going.....and thsi time....we will be on time!!!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/20/04 09:59 AM
Need to go where the meat is!!!

Maybe I won't follow you this time!!!!

Welp, gonna try to make it. I was hoping to get the accident repairs done on the Tour with the income tax money. But I guess I can put that off for awhile

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/20/04 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Need to go where the meat is!!!

Maybe I won't follow you this time!!!!

Welp, gonna try to make it. I was hoping to get the accident repairs done on the Tour with the income tax money. But I guess I can put that off for awhile

Can always wait until April!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/21/04 12:39 PM
The April meet WILL BE in KZoo, so you'll only have to drive 1/2 of what your used to and then, the following month, drive back to Detroit, again Can someone say "frequent flyer miles"
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/21/04 01:23 PM
Just to clear it up, the meet start at 2:00 p.m.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/22/04 08:59 AM
Wait....where is this meet again? Is it in Detroit?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/22/04 04:09 PM
No, that isn't Detroit Hector and you'll not have to worry about anyone breaking beer bottles and windows over there either
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 05:16 AM
i am not sure i will be able to bring my car to this one since i just got home from JAIL and i found out my license has been suspended for some time....i got pulled over today about an hour east of toledo and there was nothing i could do. but thanks to my dad for driving all the way there with $400 to bail me out. the reason i got pulled over was for no front plate.....how stupid is that ohio law????? unless i can get my licsnse good before this weekend my car is not going anywhere.....good thing they didn't have to tow the contour.

Ben
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 05:47 AM
ahh over rated who needs a drivers licesnce
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 12:08 PM
Sundays forecast is almost 50 degrees , now lets keep our fingers crossed!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 04:37 PM

Just ask Steve where his license is.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/23/04 11:34 PM
Sundays forecast is almost 50 degrees , now lets keep our fingers crossed!

I got my fingers crossed freddy,, Crossed, Crossed, Crossed crossed..... Sorry watched freddy got fingered last night for the first time in like a year
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 01:15 AM
I like Freddy better...why you ask?, well its his "striped" shrirt, ofcoarse!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 02:54 AM
"Crossed... CROOOOOOSSSSSEEEDDDDD!!" *snap*
Posted By: GrnSVTour00 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 03:09 AM
i'm thinking about coming...since it's going to be nice out and all. this is just a MIGHT tho, b/c i'll have to call off work. but it sounds easy to get to, so i will try my best!!!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 03:45 AM

wow i just realized how chessy that was Rog!!! hahahaha
Posted By: TOUR2NV Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 06:48 AM
ummmmmmmmmmm...........

yikes
Posted By: TOUR2NV Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 06:49 AM
im gonna show up for a little while, other than that, im goin to autorama
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 08:56 AM

wow i just realized how chessy that was Rog!!! hahahaha

Posted By: MUCCSVT Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 05:07 PM
Anybody have an estimate on how many people will be at the meet sunday? Think warm weather, warm weather, warm weather.

-mike
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MUCCSVT:
Anybody have an estimate on how many people will be at the meet sunday? Think warm weather, warm weather, warm weather.

-mike

3,000 at least. Who cares? Those of us going don't.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 08:50 PM
Todd, because of your previous response I assume your going to "SHO-up" If so, good to have you at one of our meets again. As far as how many, well, I'd say atleast 15 cars if not more. Considering we had (20) last month and it was a hell of alot colder, this meet should meet or exceed that one. Also it looks like theres more CCEG-ers coming as well, so again, lets show up and make em' feel welcome and also show em' why SE MI CEG is #1 ....by driving to this meet and please, we don't want to hear "why is it so far away?!" (I'm driving about 35 minutes to this meet, no biggie ) The CCEG is driving over 300 miles one way to attend ANOTHER one of OUR meets, amazing!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 09:10 PM
Yep I'll be there.
Posted By: MUCCSVT Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/24/04 11:46 PM
I can't wait till sunday, first meet for me.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 12:50 AM

Ditto!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 01:13 AM
Glad that your two, MUCCSVT and LilRedRocket are making it out to your first meet and hopefully your not the only "newbies" out there This Sunday is shaping up to be a beautiful day w/ the temps in the mid-50's...I can see spring from here I bet we exceed (20) cars this Sunday!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 01:17 AM
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 01:56 AM
I'll be there....
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 02:54 AM
I there!!!
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 03:29 AM
i am gonna be there car or not.....just depends on if i can get the license back in time. hopefully i can get the CF bumper on for a test fit before it goes in for the paint job. what better way to test it than on the wonderful Michigan roads!!!

Ben
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 04:06 AM
hmmm.... got room for a new guy?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 04:08 AM
we always have room...

Come on Down!!!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 04:17 AM
I'll prolly bring the XR, the conotur is a little worse for wear these days, and the cobra is still torn down (stupid headers are taking too long)
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 11:43 AM
Quote:

the conotur is a little worse for wear these days

Whats that mean Brian
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/25/04 03:05 PM
Quote:

the conotur is a little worse for wear these days

Whats that mean Brian

Had some jerkoff run a shopping cart into the front fender awhile back, and haven't got it repaired. Plus the idiot dragged something across the hood. Doesn't look horrible from a distance, but it pisses me off.

Plus a little tiny rock chip I had in the windshield for years decided to spread halfway across during the cold this winter.

It will all get fixed once I have an extra car to drive and I can leave it at the shop to be fixed.
Anyone up for heading to Cobo for Autorama afterwards since its the last day???
I'll be there.

-Mark
Provided I'm in town and not up north, I'll be there.
Posted By: GrnSVTour00 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 02:43 AM
well it definitely looks like i'll be there. i'm taking sunday off work..i DO NOT CARE!!! it's about time i meet everyone on here. ben (bmxcontour) will be riding w/ me, but if he gets his license back then we're comin up together. looks like this weekend's shapin up to be a good one!!!! (knock on wood)
Posted By: Barge Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 03:03 AM
If I'm there (which I should be) it won't be in the contour. I'll post details when I have some more info.
Posted By: GrnSVTour00 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 04:45 AM
well i hope nothing bad happened!!! i always think the worst i'll be there even if i have to tow the @%#* thing!!!!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 05:35 AM
Yeah, it was bad, I know the story, but I'll let Derek tell it when he gets a minute.

On a not quite so somber note (but still a little) there is a chance that I may not even be able to bring my XR . . .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 08:46 AM
This is sounding good......I finally get to meet some more CEGers!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 11:57 AM
Brian- what happened to the XR

Hector (Elmo)- this meet will be alot better than the last one, but I have a question for you guys? Are you taking Monday off of work and spending the night here again? Also, I saw F&F on TV a couple days ago and I didn't know you were in the movie. The guy who calls the undercover cop (can't think of his name right now ) "snowman", his name is Hector and he holds the $$$$! Anyways and update to the weather, partly sunny and 54 for Sunday

Bonnie- glad you took the day off and got some gas money, it was time for you to come on out to a meet
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:
I'll be Ice Climbing some waterfalls that weekend. Have a Chimichanga for me!

50 degrees is great for a car meet. Might not be so great for ice climbing. I'll be making a last minute decision based upon climbing conditions.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:
I'll be Ice Climbing some waterfalls that weekend.

Posted By: TMoose02 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 04:50 PM
I might be able to make it down and actually stay for a little while. I'm supposed to work at 2:30 up in Lansing, but I may be able to work some things around.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 05:09 PM
Brian- what happened to the XR

Hector (Elmo)- this meet will be alot better than the last one, but I have a question for you guys? Are you taking Monday off of work and spending the night here again? Also, I saw F&F on TV a couple days ago and I didn't know you were in the movie. The guy who calls the undercover cop (can't think of his name right now ) "snowman", his name is Hector and he holds the $$$$! Anyways and update to the weather, partly sunny and 54 for Sunday

Bonnie- glad you took the day off and got some gas money, it was time for you to come on out to a meet

Can't take off Monday....already took off Friday because I am moving on Saturday....
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: meet...2/29 Maps - 02/26/04 07:28 PM

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:

Ditto!

Same for me. I'm bringing my son with me, too. Good times, good times.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/26/04 10:56 PM
I just decided at the last min. I'l be headed up there from Akron. What time are we meeting?? 2ish at the Mcd's?? Ben, can me and wa2tuff meet at ur house so we can drive up thrre??
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 01:23 AM
So at Don Pablo's its offical right?? The reason why im asking is becuase I want to go on maps.com to get the dirctions. Well, see you guys on Sunday.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 01:25 AM
Never mind I found it in another thread. I'm an idiot.
Posted By: TOUR2NV Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 01:44 AM
hmmmmmm..... nice weather report, hmmmmmmmmmm....

if i get a plate, im gonna be in big trouble

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 02:39 AM
Quote:

What time are we meeting?? 2ish at the Mcd's??

Irfan, this is a "contouravan" meeting spot for those of us on the eastside of the Metro Detroit area, but if your that motivated to join us for the ride down to Don Pablos, your more than welcomed to do so I can feel the meet from here
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 02:53 AM
if you come to my house Irfan we will have like 5- 6 tours from ohio coming up.....that be sweet to roll up up with 6...i sent you a PM with the directions info...

Ben
Posted By: m!key Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 03:23 AM
cool. i am still coming even though i wanted to head up there friday morning we are coming on saturday.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 03:56 AM
Who's all are coming Ben besides Wa2tuff??
Posted By: GrnSVTour00 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 04:49 AM
i'll probably be meeting up w/ all of you too...i'm in michigan but it might as well be ohio!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 08:42 AM
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 11:59 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
cool. i am still coming even though i wanted to head up there friday morning we are coming on saturday.

You guys are coming up here Saturday, call me (586) 445-1445
Posted By: m!key Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 01:10 PM
hey roger i will drop you a line for sure. the better half has a trip to summerset in mind.
I'll try and make it out for this meet, I've got some plans that I need to change. The weather looks great, 54 and Partly Cloudy. If I do make it, I'll bring a Hood Quick-Lift Kit to give away at the meet. Hope to see you guys on Sunday.

Andreas
Owner/Partner Redline Tuning
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 06:43 PM
I'll seriously take the quick hood lift kit. Is it alright??
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/27/04 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Zoe:
I'll seriously take the quick hood lift kit. Is it alright??
Thanks in advance.

LMFAO! I'll bet.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 01:46 AM
well, it looks like i won't be making it.... my boss decided to schedule me on a sunday for the first time in four months.....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 02:51 AM
A free hood lift, well maybe the guys who had to drive over 100 miles to the meet should draw straws for it, seems fair to me I don't have anything to donate for the meet, but I'll have a couple dead pedals with me to sell as my buddy made extras for me seeing how well they've been selling. I'm going to also ask my buddy if he's willing to "donate" one to SZ for a door prize. If he does this, I'll have even more stuff to donate to SZ for door prizes:

-dead pedal (maybe)
-mini-shop vac
-car care products
(sorry, not Mequiars)
-gas card for the person who drives the furthest
(not exactly a door prize, just something I thought of)
I'll come down 10 hours if you guys give me the hood lift kit. I wouldnt be taking my car though beacuse its still in storage.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 03:07 AM
(coughs) you have a se!!! why would you store it? ohh i know cuase of my pimp headlights...
(coughs) you have a se!!! why would you store it? ohh i know cuase of my pimp headlights...

Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 04:42 AM
Originally posted by RedlineTuning:
I'll try and make it out for this meet, I've got some plans that I need to change. The weather looks great, 54 and Partly Cloudy. If I do make it, I'll bring a Hood Quick-Lift Kit to give away at the meet. Hope to see you guys on Sunday.

Andreas

Oh Hectors gonna love you!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Originally posted by RedlineTuning:

Andreas

Oh Hectors gonna love you!!!

Yeah I do .....can I have it...I am driving the furthest (further than Steve even (came out to 275 miles on Yahoo maps ) and I don't have no hood struts like Steve either!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 08:52 AM
Well we will see if I go.....I got me a nice big exhaust leak where the header flange meets the downpipe...will have to make an emergency stop at the exhaust shop Sunday morning to pull it off!

I need me hood struts!!!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 11:44 AM
i am driving the furthest, further than steve AND hector both, but i already have hood struts.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 12:50 PM
It looks like we have (3) CCEG-ers coming to the meet and I think they're already on the road. If not and you guys get here early enough, you could go to the world famous Dougs muffler for that exhaust repair Hector
ill be there fo sho, goin to get an optima red top right now to put in the blue tour. if that doesnt fit, ill have to bring the red tour .
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/28/04 11:41 PM
Meguiars's 3 step waxing, 3 coats of tire shine, 1 coat of rain-x all around, a massive interior detail, and 8 hours later.... sparkle sparkle. I am stoked about tommorows meet... Ill prolly be there like super early just to give my ride a quick Meguiar's spray detail in the MCD lot. See you all tommorow.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 12:15 AM
Great minds think alike Chad I did a Griots 3 step last week and because I needed to detail the engine compartment, I did so last night and then had to wash the car right away due to the silicone overspray from the tire foam. Then this afternoon, I added yet another coat of "Best of show" wax, just to be on the safe side I will be at the McDonalds at 12:30 p.m., so I'll see you then
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 03:26 AM
ya my SHO will maybe be clean lol.... Don't know if i wanna spend the money on a cleanin or not...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 05:05 AM
Damn, I guess you didn't have to work today??? I thought I was doin good washin my car in the dark (almost)....it's midnight and I'm just getting around to the tire shine. Hope I didn't miss any spots. Then it's off to bed, it's been a long day. BTW, be ready to field some questions about the HVAC knobs.
Posted By: BMorgn66 Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 07:08 AM
sunday will also be my first meet
i have to work until 3:30 but i live 5 minutes from there
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 01:26 PM
Just come on into the restaurant, we should be in there by then, but then again, maybe not seeing how nice its going to be today
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Next SE MI "unofficial" meet...2/29 - 02/29/04 02:08 PM
You can ask all the Q's ya want, thats cool.... but I ain't got any yet. Look forward to seein all of you later today.
© CEG Archives