Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 A dyno day? - 03/03/03 05:10 PM
Sharkey and I have been talking about a dyno day. I want to do my SHO. Trapps and Beyond want to do one too. Should I contact Baker here on the W. Side? A couple pulls for $35 again. I could surf the other boards and get a bunch of ppl so it's cheaper. Ideas? Hook ups?
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 05:52 PM
Todd, that's a long ride for me. I have 3 Dyno's within 30 minutes of my house. Since I want before and after pulls, I would like it to be local.

Sorry.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 06:08 PM
Get a name and a place and I'll set it up over there.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 06:10 PM
Todd, if you want to set something up at Baker, I can give Jack a call.

I can definately understand Trapp's point, but if you're just looking for some peak number $35 is worth the drive.

-Mark
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 06:13 PM
yeah, i would like a dyno, but like trapps said, something local would be nice.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 11:00 PM
I could talk to Paul over at PHP in Jackson if you guys want . . .
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/03/03 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
I could talk to Paul over at PHP in Jackson if you guys want . . .

That would be cool with me, not local but closer than Baker, thats for sure, not that I/we don't appreciate your willing to help us Mark R
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 12:57 AM
nah, I'm not taking any offense. if you guys set something up at paul's I'll probably come out to watch. PHP is to expensive for me.
-mark
Posted By: EuroTour Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 03:36 AM
Todd. Where is our closest dyno? Theres none in GR is there?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 03:48 AM
i think baker is close to grand rapids. iirc correctly, its not to far away from terry haines who lives in rockford.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 01:23 PM
It's about 35 minutes west of GR right off the e-way.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 02:26 PM
if you guys want me to talk to PHP, I need at least an approximate # of people that would go for sure.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 03:03 PM
Rara, Im interested as long as the price is in the $35 range. Hopefully I wont have to work that day.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 03:07 PM
if its on a sunday, im game.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 04:04 PM
I don't know of any shop open on a Sunday.
-Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 04:09 PM
LOL!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 04:14 PM
damn...oh well. how about may 3 which is a saturday? thats one of the few days i dont have to work and its right before i move.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 09:11 PM
I need to talk to Paul I guess. He's out until next Friday. I emailed Detroit Speedworks as well. Anyone else know of any dynos on the E side. A search turned up nothing.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 09:20 PM
Livernoix(Sp?)
-Mark
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/04/03 10:49 PM
I don't know the name of the place but theres a dyno on Metro Parkway service drive between Mound and Van Dyke, anyone know the name of that place, its supposed to kick ass
Posted By: Stazi Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 02:28 PM
Roger, I drove that stretch of road a # of times last week and didn't see jack-squat other than railroad lines and some other, non-dyno businesses. Are you SURE there is something there or did some ricer tell you there was a dyno there.

BTW I need to get on a Dynojet so I can get an electronic copy of my dyno run to send to SF.....
Posted By: Jason C_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 02:50 PM
Roger is the dyno maybe on another mile road. I aslo drive past there often and see nada.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 04:13 PM
Hey guys I'm just going by what I read about here on some post, I wish I remembered where it was A dyno meet would be DYNO-MITE
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 05:11 PM
Here is a site I found w/ Dynos in MI. Put in MI and you get a list.

http://www.smokemup.com/utils/dynosearch.php
Posted By: canamSVT Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 05:17 PM
Quote:

Hey guys I'm just going by what I read about here on some post, I wish I remembered where it was A dyno meet would be DYNO-MITE

Can we please refrain from using bad puns, thank you..
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 06:15 PM
there is a place in warren too! might be a little closer for some people, including myself.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 06:21 PM
I might be interested in dynoing my beast. For shits and giggles!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 06:31 PM
Here is the email I received from Detroit Speed Works...

We can certainly host your dyno day here. Our normal rates are $75/two power pulls or $150/hr. We offer a group rate of $60/two power pulls
with room for 6-15 cars in one day. Give us a call here directly if you would like to discuss scheduling availability.

~Greg Banish
President,
Detroit Speedworks, Inc.

I think I like Baker better. Ppl will whine that it's too far. The money you will be saving will more than make up for the drive.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 06:40 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Here is the email I received from Detroit Speed Works...

We can certainly host your dyno day here. Our normal rates are $75/two power pulls or $150/hr. We offer a group rate of $60/two power pulls
with room for 6-15 cars in one day. Give us a call here directly if you would like to discuss scheduling availability.

~Greg Banish
President,
Detroit Speedworks, Inc.

I think I like Baker better. Ppl will whine that it's too far. The money you will be saving will more than make up for the drive.

Where is this place, it wasn't listed on that link. That Jacobs place is in the area of 15 and Groesbeck (actually closer to 15 and Kelly) I think the place I was thinking of originally was that Visteon place on Mound in Sterling Heights Whats up Ed you didn't like my dyno humor Maybe this one will work for you then, I like running Mobil 1 over using "dyno-oil"
Posted By: canamSVT Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 06:45 PM
good try Roger
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:09 PM
Vt Competition Development
Lansing, MI 48906
Phone:(517)272-7728

will do $500 a day total. So 12 cars will be about $42.

Power Curve in Sterling Hts. Will do 3 pulls for $60. 15 cars max.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:20 PM
$500 a day is what we do w/ Baker. we usually get 15 cars out of the way after the first couple hours then people start going up for additional pulls.
-Mark
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:41 PM
hopefully my waterpump stays together this time.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:48 PM
Ok then who votes for Lansing? Good central place for everyone.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:54 PM
im down...as long as its a day i dont have to work...how about may 3?
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:56 PM
May 3 would be cool in Lansing.
Looks like I have some work to do...
-Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 07:57 PM
May 3 sounds good to me. Roads will be clean and dry and cars will be out of storage. Ok usually clean and dry.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 08:02 PM
So the list has begun...

Chang
Mark
Me
Jim

Maybes?
Trapps
Stazi
Sharkey
SVT Mike
MtorCity
Ed
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 08:02 PM
Hey make sure they allow the drivers to do the pulls. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not down with letting someone else wind my car out on a dyno. If my car blows, I wanna be the one flipping the switch!
-Mark
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 09:06 PM
I'm sure I could find a car to dyno from my garage Hopefully I can have the water to air setup working in the XR by then.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/05/03 09:25 PM
May 3rd is a long ways away. Im not sure what my work schedule will be during the summer, but I will try to plan on making it.
Posted By: Huntervf_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 12:22 AM
Put me down on your list of definites
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 01:51 AM
May 3 in Lansing is cool for me.

Mark
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Trapps:
May 3 in Lansing is cool for me.

Mark

I'm in too for sure Maybe we can set up a spot near 696 to head out there together What time will we need to get there? I'd say it should take us about an hour to get there from the metro area, going 70-75 mph ofcoarse
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 01:20 PM
Start around 8am I imagine.
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 05:34 PM
ok i know i'm not a contique owner... but i do have a 3L cougar

anyhow I need to get my car on a dyno, and i will most definitely need it tuned...

I know some dyno shops are able to reflash the ford EEC-V... frankly i would be willing to pay more for this service...

I was also hoping that we could get somehting going a little earlier than May 3rd.. I was hoping early april if possible.

Anyhow you guys know the area and shops much better than I so I can't really recommend anything. Also I'm sure a few more of the NECO guys would like to come to and get tuned, so you can count on a few more cars if need be.
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 06:20 PM
I've been doing some searching and found a place called Paul's High Performance

anyhow i know lots of you don't like the out of box superchips, but they can on the spot custom program superchips... they use a dynojet with wide band o2 (obviously)... and do full dyno group days.... unfortunately the owner of the shop was at some racing event and won't be back until late next week, so i couldn't get a final price for group day but he did say they were capable of doing custom programming just for us....
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/06/03 09:12 PM
I might be in on this, though my cas is nothing special, just a standard se with only a couple mods. Also, my friend Brent (who some have met, he's come to a couple SVT/SHO get togethers with me) should have his B13 Classic SE-R freshly boosted by then, anyone mind if he brought that down to see what she lays out? He's hoping for around 330 to the wheels. This should be a good time, hope I can make it.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 12:00 AM
PuckPuck,

The "Paul" or "PHP" that was referred to above is Paul's High Performance, the place you linked to. Paul is a great guy, and does excellent work. Though some find his prices for just dyno time is a little high for them. Keep in mind that getting a custom "chip" burned on the dyno isn't terribly cheap, you have to pay for the dyno time, the tuning service, and the "chip" they burn the calibration on (usually an autologic or superchips chip) All that said, there is absolutely no substitute for a custom calibration done by a competent tuner.

Anyway, I'm assuming the call for Lansing means Baker?
I'm in for baker at $35 each. Problem now, is which car to bring, I've never dyno'ed either the XR or the Cobra, and I haven't dyno'ed the contour since before the cat-back went on.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 01:05 PM
Uh no Lansing does not mean Baker. Lansing means Lansing. As in VT Competition.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 03:05 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Uh no Lansing does not mean Baker. Lansing means Lansing. As in VT Competition.

My bad, shows how much I pay attention . . .
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 03:43 PM
yeah you should pay better attention! Sheesh keep that up and someone might think you work for Ford or something!
-Mark
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
yeah you should pay better attention! Sheesh keep that up and someone might think you work for Ford or something!
-Mark

sure thing there phone jockey

On Edit - You know, on second thought, work may be too strong a word . . .

Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 06:23 PM
yeah work is pretty harsh.
-Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 08:21 PM
Phone jockey maybe but I don't see Rara driving a [censored].

This post was taken over by the emergency broadcast system.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 08:37 PM
lmao, I've driven my share of the toys in the toybox. . .
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/07/03 08:44 PM
I hope to have one of these for a couple days later this summer:

-Mark
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/08/03 03:24 AM
I swear, if you do not come over during those couple of days I will beat the ever loving crap out of you . . .

btw, depending on how my water to air IC turns out, do you wanna put one together for your contour?
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/10/03 03:52 AM
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers to?
-Mark
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/10/03 02:56 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers to?
-Mark

Because its rude to come right out and say "When the heck are you gonna find me a water pump for my water to air IC???"
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/11/03 05:22 PM
Ok guys call me out.

I found a dyno shop that uses Ford-Chip/Roush tuners to tune the actual Ford EEC-V chip to just about anything you want. The price is 400$ for NA and 450$ for FI cars. The price includes dyno time and chip tuning. Best part is they tune the actual Ford EEC-V chip so you still maintain the learning abilities of the chip. And at first the price may seem high but figure in I won't need to buy a piggy back chip (200$), It's obvious this is a good deal.

If anyone is interested the shop is:

Dyno Daves
17608 telegraph Rd.
Brownstown twp., MI 48174
734-229-1290
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: A dyno day? - 03/12/03 03:06 AM
Damn Daves come a long way, does he have his own shop now or does he have the dyno at in the garage This guy has one bad ass Turbo Coupe running a 351 stroker but previously he had a S/C 347 that ran an 11.01 right off the trailer, never run before Then I watched the car go right into the high 10's and let me tell you this, when the car left, it looked like it was going to flip over on its side, unbelievable I think this is the place we should have our dyno day, just my .02 cents!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: A dyno day? - 03/12/03 03:33 AM
Originally posted by PuckPuck:

If anyone is interested the shop is:

Dyno Daves
17608 telegraph Rd.
Brownstown twp., MI 48174
734-229-1290

Damn...this place is about 10-15 minutes from me. I have not heard of it. I might have to check it out one day.

Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: A dyno day? - 03/12/03 03:09 PM
I never asked him for a group rate dyno day, as my intentions are to hog a dyno for a half a day or so to get it completely tuned... I do plan on getting there early april and can give you guys a heads up of what i think about the shop.... as well as inquire about a full day dyno rate, with the possibility of having a chip tuner on hand...
© CEG Archives