Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: miller542 Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/28/03 05:05 AM
Does anyone know what company Kroger uses to source their gas for the Kroger gas stations?? Their prices are pretty good, especially with the "plus" card discount, I just what to make sure I'm not putting BP gas in my car without knowing it! So if anyone knows, give us the info. Thanks.
since when did kroger start selling gas? u sure u didnt mean meijers?
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/28/03 05:25 AM
Kroger sells it also.
really, ive never seen a kroger gas station....must not have any out where i live.
I'm with Jim, I've never seen a Kroger's gas station!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/28/03 07:16 PM
Some new Krogers have gas stations to compete with Meijer, etc. The Kroger on Eureka in Southgate, MI has one. There is a Meijer less than 1 mile away.
I know of some in Ohio. You can use your Kroger card and get two cents off the posted pump price.
Posted By: stique00_dup1 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LittleFishie:
I'm with Jim, I've never seen a Kroger's gas station!

me neither
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 01:56 AM
What is theis "gas" you speak of?
Also, who or what is this "meijer" or "kroger"
UP here in big rapids..:spit:..we ride to work on the back of our mules. We tend the feilds...:spit:..help ma and pa out, den churn the milk.

Damn i hate living in MULLETVILLE USA.
we have our own mudding team/RSO
:::Spit:::
YEEEEHAAHHHHHHH
Tim, you make the most worthless posts! haha
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 04:02 AM
its all about the number my friend j/k

I could, however, post only faces, and 2 word responses, like in the old days.

But I will NEVER pass up the chance to trash Ferris or Big Rapids!!!

You should know, you've been here.

TIm
god, that place has a name??
Posted By: miller542 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 05:00 AM
So anyway, back to the topic, apparently no one knows where Kroger is getting their gas. What about Meijer? Where do they get their gas?? There are several Meijer gas stations in Ohio, too, in addition to these "newfangled" Kroger ones!
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 02:08 PM
The kroger in Richmond has a gas station. I think new stores are getting them.

Anyway, I was always under the impression that for the most part, gas stations get the same gas, but that could just be a rumor I overheard somewhere along the lines.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/29/03 03:03 PM
Originally posted by dnewma04:
The kroger in Richmond has a gas station. I think new stores are getting them.

Anyway, I was always under the impression that for the most part, gas stations get the same gas, but that could just be a rumor I overheard somewhere along the lines.

I think your partly right. I saw a special on the Discovery channel that said all gas stations get their gas from the same main pipeline. But, certain stations add different addatives. So the gas may be slightly different. Hence the differences in octane.
Posted By: miller542 Re: Where does Kroger get their gas?? - 01/30/03 04:31 AM
Originally posted by SVTMike:

I saw a special on the Discovery channel that said all gas stations get their gas from the same main pipeline. But, certain stations add different addatives. So the gas may be slightly different. Hence the differences in octane.

There were some tests done on the quality of gas at different places. Most were ok, but Texaco was by far the best, too bad we don't have any of those around here. Also, I know from MANY sources that BP gas is bad.

I'm sure that "oil is oil" but there have to be a few different refineries that supply the local gas stations. Think Ashland, BP, Exxon/mobil, I'm just guessing.

It seems to me no one knows, I though someone might. Oh well.
© CEG Archives