Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
roger and geo suggested we have a meet on the 24th so im posting about it. we were thinking about getting together and meeting at the electric stick which is at ford and wayne rd i believe? (correct me if im wrong, but ive never been to it) anyways, we would meet there and if the under age guys including myself can get into the bar we can watch the lions game. if not we can head back to my apartment and watch it there. who is in?
Any times? Not sure if I will be able to make it. I think this is the address..

6581 N. Wayne Road
Westland

well the lions game starts at 1:00 so prolly around noon or so is what i was thinking. and even if u cant make it that early, the lions game will probably last until about 4:00 so u could always show up late at the electric stick or my apartment depending on where we watch the game.
I'd definately like to make my first meeting before the snow. Keep us posted.
ill go
I'll do it
I'll be rollin up some focus rims! lol i'm gettin my car ready for storage and also i don't want to take the change of getting caught in snow with my rims:) FO SHO I'LL BE THERE
isnt this place far for everyone?
Originally posted by Jdmxd:
I'll be rollin up some focus rims! lol i'm gettin my car ready for storage and also i don't want to take the change of getting caught in snow with my rims:) FO SHO I'LL BE THERE

haha, yup my stock wheels will be going back on around thanksgiving.

i dont think this is this spot far for everyone. its kinda right in the middle for people coming from livonia, roseville, canton/plymouth, belleville, etc. ozzie, where are u coming from?
Sounds like it could work for me...
I'll be back in town, I might be able to make this meet!
I'm coming from warren and i have NO idea where this place is. I'm going to DEFINITELY need some directions :
I'm coming from warren and i have NO idea where this place is. I'm going to DEFINITELY need some directions :

Well I'm going JACOB, LOL and heres how to get there from the Warren area. Take I-696 W to I-275 S to the Ford Rd exit. From there head E (make a left) to Wayne Rd and look for the Big Boy. The place is a strip mall. As far as the age thing goes, with it being Sunday afternoon and all, I don't think its going to be a problem. Besides we have a back up plan, crash at BeyondloadedSE's apt Oh yeah count me in for coming to the meet too I think this meet needs to have rules though, well one rule...you must have your snow tires on, I do War "Pilot" Alpins, war starting in 2nd gear when its snowing, war Merkurs for winter cars (because of the potential X-mas tree lights that may appear) and I'm out!
i got M+S tires, how bout those?
west bloomfield
ill be there representin the 1 striped SVT. hope the weather is ok, dont have any snow tires. woke up this morning with snow on my car
I can probably be there. Do we have a set time/place for this yet?

well since i set up the meet...ill make the time/place. were meeting at the electric stick at 12:00.
Sunday the 24th...electric stick...count me in
ill prolly be there please post an address so i can look it up on map quest
Originally posted by Jason Castor:
6581 N. Wayne Road
Westland
cant make it sorry
I'm in Jim. I should have my bumper done mostly for it too!!
Id be there. Have'nt gotten to make one yet. Only had my car 3 weeks .Gotta work till 3 though. Sorry.
Originally posted by Roger R:
War "Pilot" Alpins, war starting in 2nd gear when its snowing, war Merkurs for winter cars (because of the potential X-mas tree lights that may appear) and I'm out!

Easy does it with the Jim Rome reference Rog. No need for snow tires yet. If anything the rule should be NO SNOW TIRES. Lets see who can hold out the longest. Otherwise, I'll be there with the HID's blazin'. War no snow tires, War HID's. OUT

What about semi-snow tires?? My crazy self will be pimpin the stock wheel tire combo for the winter.
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
What about semi-snow tires?? My crazy self will be pimpin the stock wheel tire combo for the winter.

"Semi-snow tires ". Do those things rub or did you have go with a lift kit War showing up to the meet this Sunday between 11:30-12:00 p.m., war clear forcast for Sunday, war snow tires already being on, war propane heater making me money, war Jackass and I'm out!
Well, i drove by there today just to see where it was located and its very easy to find. just like roger said, if u get off at the ford road exit, head east and make a left on wayne rd. look for the bigboy on the right and directly on the left is a strip mall where electric stick is located. if u see the showcase cinemas movie theatre, uve driven too far.

so who are the definites making it to the meet? the people i know for sure that are coming are roger, myself, and nclxnotch.
i would go, but i think if i rolled up in my stock contour sport, that everyone would make fun of me...lol...maybe..i would like to go, i'm gonna try and get a few hours off of work to make it, maybe someone that knows something about contours(which should be all of us) could take a look at my car and tell me if they have the slightest clue of whats wrong, and if i did come this would be my first time meeting anyone off here, so i hope i fit in....haha..lata
I'll be there with my stock ride also...f*k it..lets go...hope to see you there.
Originally posted by briandmx:
i would go, but i think if i rolled up in my stock contour sport, that everyone would make fun of me...lol...maybe..i would like to go, i'm gonna try and get a few hours off of work to make it, maybe someone that knows something about contours(which should be all of us) could take a look at my car and tell me if they have the slightest clue of whats wrong, and if i did come this would be my first time meeting anyone off here, so i hope i fit in....haha..lata

cmon out anyways, all of our cars were stock and one point or another. plus were a fun crowd to chill with.
I've been to many a meets with my stock car, even to Spring Zing with it!
But, I won't be comin to this one, I'm leaving sunday morning to go back to school
I don't think I'll have insurance on my SVT in time for sunday
I'll be there as long as weather is good. I dont even have all season tires, going to be puting in barn soon .
I'm hoping for snow... gotta test out the boost & blizzaks combo. I might make it out.
-Mark
I am likely going to be there with my 99 SE Sport in all its glory!!!
In reply to:

I don't think I'll have insurance on my SVT in time for sunday

I think there is a law that says if you just bought a car you can drive it. It may be covered in some other insurance??
We are still going to show up even if its snowing right? I better not drive all the way from the eastside to watch the game all by myself guys Looking forward to a good meet and a HUGE Lion win
i think i will be there then, i'm not gonna say for sure, have to check with work first, i think they will have nno problem with it,its gonna be nice to finally meet some of you fuc*ers...lol...
Originally posted by Roger R:
We are still going to show up even if its snowing right? I better not drive all the way from the eastside to watch the game all by myself guys Looking forward to a good meet and a HUGE Lion win

roger, ill be there rain or shine.
We got this post going good, day picked, place picked but we forgot something...what time? I was thinking we should meet up there between 11:30-12:00. This gives us more than enough time to hang out and check out each others snow tires/M+S tires, mudflaps, different floor mats, block heaters, etc. You know, all those cool winter mods
I would love to go, but im working at Hockeytown Cafe, with another SVT owner...... i probubly wont get out till about 9 or ten, if there is still stuff going on i might make it to some.....

Markus "stooge"
It looks like I will not be able to make this one. Maybe next time.
Originally posted by Jason Castor:
It looks like I will not be able to make this one. Maybe next time.

haha isnt that what you sed when u missed the woodward meet too.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
well since i set up the meet...ill make the time/place. were meeting at the electric stick at 12:00.

as posted from before.
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
I would love to go, but im working at Hockeytown Cafe, with another SVT owner...... i probubly wont get out till about 9 or ten, if there is still stuff going on i might make it to some.....

Markus "stooge"

Lets just have the meet at Hockeytown Cafe but make sure you clear out parking right out in front, "think Ford first!" That would make for one kick ass pic, especially if we were lucky enough to have a bum to make it into the pic As far as anything going on by 9-10:00 p.m. I'd say, ummm no
Originally posted by 5speedSE170HP:

haha isnt that what you sed when u missed the woodward meet too.

Yeah I think so. I would like to come, I am usually free on sundays. O well.

If everyone came out to hockeytown, that wouldnt be too big of a problem, that pic would also be sweet.... Hockeytown is also pretty nice about taking pictures for people outside, so that would probubly be ok. Only problem, forcast is Snow Showers...
Originally posted by MarkusSVTforcast is Snow Showers... [/quote:

snow or not, ill be there!
Yeah, snow or no snow I'll be there as well and I'm bringing one of my buddies with me too
My buddy, who is a svt owner, will be coming out on sunday, and i will try to make it too, depending on how slow it is in hockeytown..... I am looking forward to seeing the nice rides.....

Stooge
the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so theres no excuse any of u shouldnt be able to make it!
im still in.
Posted By: Klasse Act - 11/24/02 03:43 AM
WOW, now I can post again I sent Lance a couple emails because something was REALLY messed up Anyways I'm looking forward to the meet in a couple hours, I'll be there by noon
It looks like i'll be rolling up with the summer rims! just for the fact that I don't have the lock nut key for my rims! i have to get another one from Bell tire I'll be there around 12 also roger, see ya then!
It looks like i'll be rolling up with the summer rims! just for the fact that I don't have the lock nut key for my rims! i have to get another one from Bell tire I'll be there around 12 also roger, see ya then!

ROFL..ill have the summer wheels on too!
Got out of work late. I got there by 12:30. Did'nt see anyone there. I was looking forward to seein the rides. Next time for sure.
Originally posted by CBSVT311:
Got out of work late. I got there by 12:30. Did'nt see anyone there. I was looking forward to seein the rides. Next time for sure.

You were at the right place? There were about 12 'tours out there until at least 1:20. I was one of them.
Pic here:

http://www.pbase.com/image/7801004
I knew it . Call me nuts. I was going to go there. That's over by the Ford rd. exit(The origional place for it. The last post I read was RogerR saying it was at Hockeytown. So I went there. Figures. Thats my luck.
DAMN! Yeah it was a good turnout too!
It was nice to put some more faces to screen names!
-Mark
Where the hell did everyone go after leaving the second place? Highline and myself had already ordered a beer so we stayed to drink it. We came out and the convoy of contours had disappeared.
We ended up over at the beyondloaded apartment for Pizza.
-Mark
Originally posted by WorldTour:
We ended up over at the beyondloaded apartment for Pizza.
-Mark

LOTS of pizza!!! thanks to everyone that came out and coming over. I counted 13 Contours in all.
© CEG Archives