Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have decided to start driving with a bazooka on my car to blow the fugg out of those cocksmokers who think they have the right to regulate what speed I drive on the expressway.
If you wanna drive slow keep the fugg to the right , and don't switch into my lane when you see me coming to block me cos just because you don't like being passed or your POS Dodge Ram/Chevy Venture/Buick Roadmaster is slow and you are an azzhole!

Eat shiz and die haters!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Whey do people here have a hard time understanding that the left lane is the fast
lane?? Is this not taught in traffic school ???? I encounter this every morning
on the I696. A$$ holes, all of them
I'm your normal every day nice guy until you left lane bandit me. Then I hate you like the plague no matter who you are. If I'm riding w/ you and you try it you're not going to forget me.
Originally posted by todras:
I'm your normal every day nice guy until you left lane bandit me. Then I hate you like the plague no matter who you are. If I'm riding w/ you and you try it you're not going to forget me.

Please explain "trying it"
I will only do it if the left lane ends and someone is trying to drive to the end of the lane before merging and cutting everyone off who is being held up. In that case, the fast left lane driver can eat [censored] and end up in the median. If the lane doesn't end, I have no problem letting people pass me if they are going faster and intend to keep going faster.
I agree with that. I hate those last-second mergers too.

After that road-worker was killed on I-94 near Metro Parkway, the Michagan State Troopers said they will fine the hell out of you if they catch you doing it.

Nonetheless, there are fuggers out there still doing that chit.

And I can't stop them cos I don't want them smashing up my nice Contour with their rusted out POS's.

Todd, you are retarded - I am trying to figure out what the hell you are talking about in your last sentence.
oh i'm a full advocate of the last minute merger, especially if I tried to get in before hand and jerkoffs like you guys choose not to let me in . i have no problem taking things into my own hands, trust me...
In am totally with you on this one! I even had a letter that I wrote to the Chicago Trubune published, blaming slow drivers for Higway deaths. Those slow POS have no fuking right to make me drive as they deem appropriate... It's those conceited azzholes that think they can rule the roads that cause the crashes. Gee, let me see, a guy is going 90mph, so I am gonna cut him off to make him slow down... I mean how fuking stupid can a person be?!?!? Of course, it's the fast drivers that get blamed... If speed kills, then why does Germany's Autobahn have less deaths than our stupid 55/65/70 mph highways do? So many times has this happened to me. Fuking azzholes, why don't you just do us all a favor and attempt to cut off a salt truck, or a cement truck, whatever is better... MF!
We can all go on a cannonball run and pass on the shoulder.
Even worse is the idiot in the left lane that regulates traffic and you try to pass them on the right and they pull right in front of you at the last second before you slam on the brakes or swerve on the shoulder. After 3 times withing 5 miles, my wife demanded I get the BAT horn so that the car wouldn't get hit. All three times I layed on the horn and they still continued over into my lane, no signal, no swerve back into the left lane, nothing.

I passed a dodge ram jacked up 4x4 pickup on the right, and the guy was pissed, so he speeds up, but not doesn't get close to me. I get off at the exit, he follows, stops right behind me, honks horn for 30 secs. Gets out of his truck, bangs on my window, so I just dump the clutch and run the redlight. Idiot Redneck!
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
oh i'm a full advocate of the last minute merger, especially if I tried to get in before hand and jerkoffs like you guys choose not to let me in . i have no problem taking things into my own hands, trust me...

Really? In what way would you take things into your own hands?

BTW, I don't let people in. I have let people drive on the shoulder for 1/4 mile or more. But most of the time, I will just move far enough into that lane not to let others around me.
It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but the left lane huggers (either by regulating or by ignorance to their environment) are annoying none-the-less. What annoys me more is when I do eventually pass them which I have to do on the right, they get mad at me?!? Pacers are far worse because you can't get around them ever.

I think my latest pet peave is those people that drive in moderate to heavy traffic and don't stay close to the car in front of them. If you leave a gap large enough for a car to fit, then you should assume a car will take that place, meaning your lane moves slower on average than the lane that car just left.
Originally posted by APT CSVT:

I think my latest pet peave is those people that drive in moderate to heavy traffic and don't stay close to the car in front of them. If you leave a gap large enough for a car to fit, then you should assume a car will take that place, meaning your lane moves slower on average than the lane that car just left.

You are describing my mom to a tee. She is the worst person in the world to have following you somewhere. She will always leave 7-8 car lengths that just keep getting filled over and over....
I totally agree. just yesterday i was drive bak from the hospitol with my dad. and its pretty hard to tell there is a merging up front if you have a freakn van in front of u. when i did notice i put on my indicator so i can merge i get about quarter of the way in the right line and this mf decides hes not going to let me in. cause more traffic doing so. im stuck can move at all or i hit the barrel or that mfer next to me. eventually i bak out because this [censored] wont let me in. I swear some people should get their ass kiked. or hung for a better sence.

only way i dont let people in my lane is if they dont have their turning indicator on. if they got it on i let them in every time. granted no 1 perfect when your driving kind of fast and need to steer and cant turn it on. ill let them in but if there just trying to merge because of traffic in their lane and no turning indicator you can bet your ass their not getting infront of me.
Originally posted by ATCC SVT:

Please explain "trying it"

I was refering to driving in the left lane. If you try being a left lane bandit with me as a passenger I'm going to question how you got your license. The last I knew the left lane was for passing. I guess it would be hard for an Aussie to figure out.
Watch the language guys... I don't want to be a jerk and have to start editing posts or locking this thread.
-Mark
Hella MSN!
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
I get off at the exit, he follows, stops right behind me, honks horn for 30 secs. Gets out of his truck, bangs on my window, so I just dump the clutch and run the redlight.
Lol, you're a stronger man then me. I would have dumped my stun-gun into him...touching my car. WTF is wrong with people.
I hate brakers. They hit there breaks for any stupid reason. Oh, there's
a rock on the road, better be safe and slow down. They are the ones that cause
a trafic jam to begin with.
Originally posted by APT CSVT:
If you leave a gap large enough for a car to fit, then you should assume a car will take that place
How do you figure? If I want to drive a car length away from the stinky ass bus or any car for that matter, I'm going to drive a car length away. If someone were to take that spot, I wouldn't be driving a car length away...so I'm going to make it 3/4 of car length away every time someone tries to get over.

Once I realize I'm not going anywhere and cannot drive at the speed I want to, I don't see where the need is to hump the car in front of you?
I understand you now, I guess I just don't speak Pidgeon English (what you were using before) - dufus! :P j/k

Death to left lane bandits and Dodge Ram drivers, day-dreaming-bycicle-pants-wearing-nappy-haired-kid-smacking-cell-phone-using Minivan-mums, arrogant last lane merging arseholes in Hoopties and The ever-oblivious Blue-Rinse Brigade.

PS - is it just me or does anyone elses arse pucker up tighter than that of a fish, whenever they ride with a chick who "thinks" she is a good fast driver. I swear my G/F's car has a permanent hand print imbeeded in her Jesus-Christ handle above the Shot-Gun seat.
Ooh ooh, worse still are the absolute ASSCLOWNS who drive the biggest fugg-off SUV they casn buy, but feel that the have to slow down to 1.5mph to take a turn or negotiate a driveway.

"Oh God, I better slow down for this turn so I don't make the suspension on my $60,000 SUV articulate 1mm, that would be BAD!"
In reply to:

is it just me or does anyone elses arse pucker up tighter than that of a fish, whenever they ride with a chick who "thinks" she is a good fast driver. I swear my G/F's car has a permanent hand print imbeeded in her Jesus-Christ handle above the Shot-Gun seat

Stazi, I wouldn't know, I've never been with a girl that know's how to drive like that. Or drive well for that matter.
It's reopened... keep it clean!
-Mark
It's about time assclown!

j/k.

Did we decide if that was the offensive word? Just want to make sure that we don't get threads locked up.
Originally posted by WorldTour:
It's reopened... keep it clean!
-Mark

Thanks for reopening the topic!

OK, another incident this morning. Driving down Rochester Rd, up in the Oakland Twp area, and I come to a passing zone. So I put the blinker and and start to pass an older style Grandma GT doing 5 under.

As I get to his rear wheel the bugger starts to veer into the lane I am in (the one going the other way - single lane carriage way). I floor it and as I get level with him, when I get to his window the dropkick looks over at me all pizzed-off cos I am passing him. Then once I get in front of him he decides that he has to tailgate me, so I floor it again and pass the next guy in front to get away from the unstable jackass.

WTF is wrong with people? Seriously! They take it as a personal insult when you pass them. Holy cow, we're just driving. I just wanted to grab my 2 D-Cell Mag Light and whip it at his head, but it's an expensive flashlight, so I didn't.

What an idiot.

Frikkin regulators!
People are generally idiots...The only people that have ever upset me because they passed was when there was no room/time to pass so they just swerve in front of you and the guy in front of you. I normally will leave the same amount of room they started with, which typically upsets them a great deal.
Why do people drive 5-10 MPH slower when they are about to make a turn half a mile up the street. It's like they are preparing them self's for the turn buy driving extra slow. This is common with Elderly people with hoopty cars from the seventy's and cell phone users. "Oh My God I see the turn, wow, better slow down, don't want any body role."
The old people are just trying to save money by not having to replace their brake pads and discs. They fear another depression is just around the corner.
Haha canam. Two spots I always encounter that are I-75 South to M-59 East and I-94 West to Rotunda exit. 1-2 miles before the exits, the right lane is doing 50mph in a 70mph zone.
Stazi, I have driven with you so many times that I'll be the first to say that you DO DRIVE LIKE AN ASSCLOWN. Getting 2" from people in front of you and then swirving around them last second, taking on/offramps @ 90mph around a blind turn, cutting people off left and right. I see no problem with doing this in moderation, but every time I am in the car with you, you do it!
HAHAHA - Yeah right. I don't cut people off, but everything else is somewhat true.

You drive like an old fart cos you ALWAYS have a cigarette in you hand and so you can't drive any other way!

In reply to:

Two spots I always encounter that are I-75 South to M-59 East and I-94 West to Rotunda exit. 1-2 miles before the exits, the right lane is doing 50mph in a 70mph zone.

I know, I see it at every Michigan left, off ramp, intersection and the truly useless do it at every right turn. It's like they almost come to a stop at the apex of the turn.
In reply to:

You drive like an old fart cos you ALWAYS have a cigarette in you hand and so you can't drive any other way!

No No, it's the J body, when Timaaa had the CSVT, he was on a mission.
Correct, but unfortunately their cars all weigh 10,000 pounds so once they get going the only thing that slows them down in the brakes. If only they knew...luckily they never really get going.
...and the thread lives on... resurected...
I see this is a east MI deal, but the traffic in Chitown is crazy bad! I try to lug my contour in traffic for 90 minutes in first gear. the minute some car in front of me gets more than 30 feet ahead (only to stop again) the guy next to me speeds up and merges, or some sheep stalker behind me honks his horn. The next time someone honks at me for leaving a 7 foot gap in bumper2bumper traffic, they're getting slugged. I dont care if the take my license. Then i'm gonna sue the bastard, like the fat guy at mcdonalds, for pissing me off.
I hope you Michigan guys don't mind me stoping by but I just had to jump in on this thread and let you know you aren't alone. Out here in Colorado, mostly Denver, we have all the same problems and it sounds like a similiar frequency of it. Its got to be so bad sometimes I've accepted the fact to simply drive in the right lane because traffic just stacks up in the left lane! Its frustrating as hell, I feel your pain.

BTW, ATCC, Aussie right?...this is my new sig.

Originally posted by ATCC SVT:
Death to left lane bandits and Dodge Ram drivers, day-dreaming-bycicle-pants-wearing-nappy-haired-kid-smacking-cell-phone-using Minivan-mums, arrogant last lane merging arseholes in Hoopties and The ever-oblivious Blue-Rinse Brigade.

It had to be trimmed to fit the 250 character limit, hope you don't mind.
This entire post only emphasizes why I hate the city so much. Up here, the only time we have these problems in abundance is in the summer when all the freakin tourists come up here. And as for the autobahn and it's safty record, it's cause europeans are much more professional in the way they drive, and more polite as well.
Who drives like me?
ATCC SVT was my first log on name - it sucks I can't change it without startin afresh.

I am the Aussie, correct.

Cool, to be quoted!
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
This entire post only emphasizes why I hate the city so much. Up here, the only time we have these problems in abundance is in the summer when all the freakin tourists come up here. And as for the autobahn and it's safty record, it's cause europeans are much more professional in the way they drive, and more polite as well.

Actually, the mortality rate on the autobahn is extremely high.
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
And as for the autobahn and it's safty record, it's cause europeans are much more professional in the way they drive, and more polite as well.
Not really. Less people have a license, in Germany for example you must be 18. That makes a HUGE difference in accidents. Public transportation is also a larger factor, you will not have a 99 year old woman driving a Cadillac around. And those beaters with a taped window and hanging exhaust...you don't see them there due to safety regulations. The roads are about, well 100000X nicer and you usually have more than two lanes since it is THE highway unlike here where we have to cover much more ground. And the only thing more polite is the trucks, they drive much safer/to the rules than American ones (probably because die Polizei have less ground to cover). Throw our people into their driving situation and it would be very similar.
I agree totally. I'm sure if we had much better public transportation things would be much better. And age does make a huge difference on driving styles.
Something to add: Detroit Roads Suck!

On my way into work this morning, on I-94 West just after Rotunda the road is very rutted from heavy trucks. I was in the right lane going about 70mph which is the speed limit. There was a heavy mist, but no solid rain. Well, it was enought for the ruts to get filled up a little which my already crappy tires didn't like too much. Back end to the right, then overcorrect and I was in the middle lane. The mustang GT in the left lane was a little & as he then slowed down. Everything ended up okay because there was noone next to me, but I-94 is hard to keep a car in one lane in the dry.

Stazi, you have have Lance change your log in name.
i think once a person reaches 60 then they should have to take an eye exam and written test every year to be able to keep their licenses. that would weed out a lot of old fogies and get them out of our way.......i said fogies.
In reply to:

Whey do people here have a hard time understanding that the left lane is the fast
lane??

The best is truckers, atleast here in NY. I know they drive some huge @$$ rigs...but they don't belong anywhere but the RIGHT lane. In fact, if you move out of the right lane during a truckers license test, you fail. But I always see these guys in the middle, or even the left lane, further magnifying the traffic problem, because there's someone doing the speed limit in the left lane and an old woman doing 33mph in the right. They always roadblock you when they see you trying to pass, they speed up just enough that you can't get ahead of them, and of course the truck is about 8000ft. long so waiting for them to get back ahead again is a pretty bad move too. The absolute stinker is when you're on a highway, and there's people in EVERY lane going the EXACT same speed....and there's nothing ahead of them but open road, nothing behind them but a bunch of pissed of people trying to get home!!!
I feel your pain about truckers. I go to school in Indiana and all but the freeways in Indy are two lanes. There are trucks galore!!!! It's a scary sight to be doin 85 and being half-way past a truck when the truck's turn signal goes on and there are cars in front of you and the truck is getting closer. I'll go change my underpants now.
Yeah, for some reason, idiots here in Michigan must have a death-wish as they seem to LIKE driving in a semi-trailer's blind spot. All the frikkin time I see morons either cruising right along side the trailer of a semi (in the left lane of course), with no traffic in fron of them or the truck, or if they actually pass the truck, they do it at a speed of 0.25mph faster than the truck, thus maximizing the chance of the trailer swaying into their lane and killing them, and me, who is riding up their ass trying to get past them AND the truck.

Pass the god-forsaken truck already!!!!

Also the another thing is that people in Michigan have the reaction time of El Dopa patients.
Light turns green:
"Hmm now where is that gas pedal? Oh, there it is. I'll just ease onto it and away we creep."
Two cars get through the green light, 5 seconds after it changed, and then every other azzhole behind them runs the red. Fact in point. I saw some stupid woman run a red about 5 seconds after it went red; result, she t-bones some guy in fornt of me. Never before was I so happy to see someone have an accident and headbutt their srteering wheel - stupid cow! I felt bad for the poor guy in front of me though!

The other day I seen some dumb driver try to go on the inside of a semi while it was doing a MI turnaround. The semi hit him a little. The dude then stopped in the middle of traffic to get out and look at his car. The semi didn't stop to talk to the guy he kept goin.
Originally posted by Jason Castor:
The other day I seen some dumb driver try to go on the inside of a semi while it was doing a MI turnaround. The semi hit him a little. The dude then stopped in the middle of traffic to get out and look at his car. The semi didn't stop to talk to the guy he kept goin.

Good. I wouldn't have stopped either.

Hell yeah, thats great...serves the guy right for being stupid. I'd bet the trucker hardly even noticed he hit the guy, not that he'd care regardless.

We have the problem a lot of people driving the same speeds across three lanes of traffic. Sometimes I understand on the highway when traffic is severly backed up from an accident or some pretty flower growing on the side of the road. But often times you can be on a three lane 40 mph road and all three lanes are just cruising along. The morons in the left lane are turning 4 miles up the road so they want to be ready and you can't get in the right lane because of all the neighborhood turn ins and buisnesses. So, you get stuck in the middle lane just waiting for someone to make a move.

My favorite are the people that don't move even after you've flashed every light you have and have even honked at them a few times, and they just sit there. I don't understand it!
The reaction time thing has nothing to do with geography. R/t in Columbus averages bout 10 seconds. But I do love being in the "pole position" at a stop light and leaving everybody by 3/4 a mile before they find their accelerator. (My car just needs to be faster so I can make that a 1 3/4 mile gap! )
Yah pole position r0x0r5...the worst feeling is when you need to be in the left lane but there are 10003429834 cars so you get in the right lane and are cruising up the red light to assume pole position and race the Winstar in the left lane for the premium spot when out of nowhere a Grandma in a Mystique pulls in front of you.
Let's see, I hate tail pipe humpers who think that a car-length gap at 80 mph is to large. I hate slow azz semi passes. Most every time I hit traffic going slow at the front is a semi passing his brother going only 2 mph faster. I hate people who come up fast on the right like they have a chance to pass even when it is painfully obvious that there is no room to do so. It like they can not see the car in the right hand lane and the full line of traffic in the left. I like getting where I am going but when the roads are full then you should just suck it up and get in line. If you have that little piece of heaven we call empty road in front of you and you only have to get around a car or two to get there then that is a different story.

But then all highways should be at least three lanes with one of them forbidden land for the truckers and overloaded 20 year old pickup trucks and riced out cavaliers that lose stability as they pick up speed cause they have a "body kit" on them.
Originally posted by Torad:
But then all highways should be at least three lanes with one of them forbidden land for the truckers and overloaded 20 year old pickup trucks and riced out cavaliers that lose stability as they pick up speed cause they have a "body kit" on them.

LOL So true, so true.
Newest moron spotted:

Stupid cow in LEFT lane doing 5 under, applying mascara to her eyes, while looking in the visor mirror. I hope she has an accident and jams that frickin brush into her eye!
Maybe we can get a group buy going on bazooka's?
Hehe, I'm with all of you on this. Another thing I hate that has'nt been brought up yet is people who brake before merging into the left turn lane and slow traffic behind them. I'm like HELLO THERE IS A WHOLE LANE FOR THAT!!! Then there's those two footed drivers acting like their brake is a clutch so their brake lights keep flashing on and off. ERRRR!!!

My dad drives an 18 wheeler, hauling crushed concrete, sand and gravel. He says his favorite cars to run over are mustangs. try to do a last minute merge in front of him expecting him to tap the breaks and their car dribbles on that huge fron tire like a basketball.

I saw a guy going south on 75 doing around 80 with a laptop on his lap and a phone to his ear. I wished a bloody concrete median death upon him.
I came across a left lane regulator last night on 94. She took the
metro parkway off ramp and I ended up next to her at the intersection.
She was a over weight soccer mom driving a safari min van, eating Ice
cream. I was this close from yelling to her, "do you really need that
ice cream."
Originally posted by canamSVT:
I came across a left lane regulator last night on 94. She took the
metro parkway off ramp and I ended up next to her at the intersection.
She was a over weight soccer mom driving a safari min van, eating Ice
cream. I was this close from yelling to her, "do you really need that
ice cream."

"Skip a Lunch!!" is an effective phrase for hurting a womans feelings. Be careful not to do it at the border after bumping her car for cutting you off. She will get very angry and report you to the guard who will make you stop. Then you can say that she has a stick and rolled into you because she didn't engage the gear quick enough. Then she will say "f-ck" a lot and they will let you go for good behavior.
What's even worse than jackasses that feel they can drive at rediculous speeds over the limit at any time are those crotch rocket faggots that feel they can pass on the left median. I've dropped one and I think maybe he'll think twice next time before tring that little trick...maybe not most of them are too dumb to think.
Originally posted by DRAVEN:
What's even worse than jackasses that feel they can drive at rediculous speeds over the limit at any time are those crotch rocket faggots that feel they can pass on the left median. I've dropped one and I think maybe he'll think twice next time before tring that little trick...maybe not most of them are too dumb to think.

I'm not a fan of crotch rockets or people driving like idiots on them (sorry Judge!) but to act like you are proud for "dropping" one of them makes you a complete ass in my mind. Most motorcycle riders have to drive more aggressively because we car owners aren't aware of them, nor do we look for them.
Yeah, beter watch what you say. I wouldn't be proud of that either regardless of how much the rider pissed you off.

Judge would kick your ass if you tried that crap on him!
OK you little SOB to drop a PERSON who is on a motorcycle makes you fuggin laugh? My damn brother was killed 2 years ago by some bia crossing the center line on a road, so let me tell you something. If I ever catch someone doing some stupid shia like that I will personally send their head so far up their arse they will have to be pumped in sunshine and oxygen to survive. You are a sorry worthless POS of a human being.....and prey you never see the name JUDGE on the back of someones leathers.....cuz it will be me and I dare you to run me off the road......you will end up 6feet under looking up......loser.
Originally posted by Judge:
OK you little SOB to drop a PERSON who is on a motorcycle makes you fuggin laugh? My damn brother was killed 2 years ago by some bia crossing the center line on a road, so let me tell you something. If I ever catch someone doing some stupid shia like that I will personally send their head so far up their arse they will have to be pumped in sunshine and oxygen to survive. You are a sorry worthless POS of a human being.....and prey you never see the name JUDGE on the back of someones leathers.....cuz it will be me and I dare you to run me off the road......you will end up 6feet under looking up......loser.

Told you!
Not bragging a bit, but he will think twice. I have a lot of friends that ride those ricers and they even know when to get their head out of their azz when riding. So, does it make any of these guys about the law where they can do anything they want. Here's an example: This one guys from ravenna decides to do more than a hundred during rush hour traffic. A friend of his said he was weaving in and out of traffic. He hit the back of a truck throwing his bike into oncoming traffic. He was run over by another bike and killed. Poor him? Not. He left behind a baby and could have killed the ppl in the the 2 vehicles he and his bike hit. But that's ok?
No it's not, that's stupid behaviour. But at the same time, it's noot you job to try and cause motorcyclists to crash and hurt themselves. If someone died and left behind a baby eyc, because of your actions, would that be OK? No, of course not.

Just leave the policing to the Police!

And quit with the "ricers" comment about sport bikes. It's unfounded. And I can guarantee that the technology and quality that goes into making a "ricer crotch rocket" would blow any POS Harley out of the water. Your bias away from Jap bikes is more than obvious.

I suggest you leave this subject about bikes alone. For everyones sake.

Yea my R1 is rice.....billet aluminum....titanium...carbon fiber...anodised aluminum pipe....no passenger pegs....and around 140hp at the wheel.....
Hey that's as much as my Tour puts down. Hmm bike weighs a few hundred compared to a few thousand. Gee is that bike quick?
uhm yea...look at my sig......and I have seen faster ....
Hate to tell you stazi , but I've owned a few ricers. And unlike most of the riders out there, I have my head out of my azz, and it's amazing ... there are actually other ppl on the road. And as far as a Harley...ha, who in the hell would even think of owning a bike you have yo push or fix on a regular bases... am I right? Later
ha, who in the hell would even think of owning a bike you have yo push or fix on a regular bases... am I right? Later

I would.

1.) Quality problems aren't nearly what they once were.
2.) I have always liked the look of harleys and cruisers, in general. I have always been a fan of vintage bikes.
3.) They retain their value, and with some models, go up in value.
4.) I find them to be substantially more comfortable.

Heh, my dad got a brand new Harley Sportster this summer. After only 700 miles or so it already had an oil leak. They fixed it for free but it seems like Harleys are always having problems like this. Maybe Harley owners are just more obsessive over their bikes? Like we are with our cars!
Why do people put on an 100bd exhaust on a Harley, It's a cursing bike and they are not fast compared to other bikes. Loud pipes save lives but common, ther sould be a limmit. It's like a GNC Sierra pickup with a performance exhaust. What's the point, ooh it sounds good.
How easy/hard is it to ride a bike in the rain? I know it's sort of an odd question to ask or answer, but I'm just curious. The other night I was heading home on I75 and got passed by a bike doing at least 85 in the rain.
canamSVT, it's '100dB' and 'GMC'. Anyway, I'd love a less restrictive exhaust on my wife's picup. Why? Same reason why people do it to performance cars, power. An extra 15ft-lbs of torque always comes in handy. Not for racing, but for pulling its 5000lb weight around, or towing additional 5000lb trailers. More power = good.

As for Harleys with loud exhaust, there are laws in most areas on how loud they can be. Some do it for attention, others power.
I guess it all depends on what you need the bike for. If you want something loud and annoying by a Harley. If you're into traveling ...BMW. And I don't think anyone will ever figure out why ppl put those exhausts on those pigs. Maybe it is just to say " hey, it may run like crap but, I'm the noisiest thing around"... who knows?
I have done this before when i am in foreign territory in the middle of the night.. EI.. looking for a street .. and have no clue were i am going.. that is understandable.. but people stil just get pissed off.

I guess it all depends on what you need the bike for. If you want something loud and annoying by a Harley. If you're into traveling ...BMW. And I don't think anyone will ever figure out why ppl put those exhausts on those pigs. Maybe it is just to say " hey, it may run like crap but, I'm the noisiest thing around"... who knows?

When you buy a Harley, its all about image and style... The incredible resale value is just a bonus. There are many Harley's that are not obnoxious. I agree, for a touring bike a Honda or Bimmer would be the way to go. If you want a cruiser, why buy anything but a Harley?

Some day, I will own a Indian, Henderson, or Harley and they won't have oboxious exhaust, or even a comfortable ride. people buy different things for different reasons. If you want fast, get a crotch rocket. You want comfortable long distance travelling, get a touring bike. You want a cruiser, get a harley. I know that the Japanese clones are probably better bikes, but the minute you buy them, they are worth 50% of what you paid.
Just remember. Indians are JAP owned, too.
I object to the use of "Jap"
i hate you
Just remember. Indians are JAP owned, too.

Not the 1940s vintage Indian I would own.

Wait, the newest Indian was a merger of Indian Motorcycle, American Indian Motorcycle and California Motorcyle. Where does the Japanese
part come in?

Is one of the owners a Japanese firm?

All design and mfg is done in the US.
© CEG Archives