Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/28/06 10:33 PM
Are there any members on here that are in Ann Arbor for school or live there? I just started school at U of M.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/28/06 10:38 PM
U of M

Though I don't live in Ann Arbor
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/28/06 10:44 PM
Live in Ann Arbor, work in Ann Arbor, go to Eastern
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/28/06 10:45 PM
Thats cool. What are you studying and where are you living.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/28/06 10:54 PM
intl business best major I could think of considering my travels to china and japan 2x a year

I live like 10 minutes from downtown, near scio road
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/29/06 01:56 AM
My wife works at the Chase Bank in Ann Arbor, so you might see her cruising around in my T-Red SVT every once in awhile... that is when I am feeling gracious enough to let her take it for the day!

Reebs
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/29/06 03:03 AM
Ill keep my eyes open and honk if i see it
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Ill keep my eyes open and honk if i see it

You do that! My wife always tells me when she sees other SVTs. She recently spotted DARKONE on 23 north of ann arbor.

Reebs
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 02:53 AM
tell her to keep an eye out for a silver frost with projector headlights, they're pretty bright and i put on a bouncy light show when i roll

where is her work? off what road, ive never used chase.
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
tell her to keep an eye out for a silver frost with projector headlights, they're pretty bright and i put on a bouncy light show when i roll

where is her work? off what road, ive never used chase.

She sure knows projectors because I have them too. I think she is suprising me with HIDs for my birthday in October!!! But I will tell her to keep an eye out for you.

As far as I know there are two Chase Banks in Ann Arbor. She currently works as a SSA at the one on Zeeb Road just west of 23 and north of 94. She may be getting a promotion to Assistant manger of the other Chase in Ann Arbor, but I have no clue where that one is.

Post a pic of your Projectors!!!

Reebs
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 03:24 AM
Yeah there are a lot of SVTs in AA. I've spotted Alex, Irda (no idea where he went), some MN guy w/a bosal exhaust, a pre-98 w/SVT exhaust, and many other stock SVTs.

I'll be working up in Ann Arbor so you may see me from time to time. In regards to UofM, I just finished my BS in CMB there. Well, I have one/two more classes to finish, but I'm not planning on going to class very much.

Guy who started this post, what are you studying up there and where are you staying? You bringing the tour up to AA? Let me know if you need parking advice. Parking in Ann Arbor during Fall/Winter term is a interesting experience to say the least!

Jeff, you're married? Chase bank, eh? My buddy had an internship at a Chase bank in downtown.
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 03:44 AM
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:

Jeff, you're married? Chase bank, eh? My buddy had an internship at a Chase bank in downtown.

Yes I am married. Almost 2 happy months so far! Got married on July 7th at 19 years old... you must have missed that 30 page post awhile back in "Common Interests" about me getting married!

The Chase bank downtown could be the one my wife might transfer to.

Reebs
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 03:48 AM
I drive by the one on zeeb all the time. Were going to have to get all the A2 people together at my house this fall.

Has anyone else seen the black contour with Marks (worldtours) old titanium exhaust? Ive seen him a couple times. Once on my BMX bike, and once in the escape.
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 04:01 AM
Jeff- Yeah, I guess I did miss the post. Anyways, congrats! Yeah, my buddy liked the location, but he mentioned parking was a headache.

Alex-I dunno about Mark's old car, but I have seen a black SE w/svt exhaust (not to be mistaken w/my car). I was a soph at the time, and the guy made a post on here. Come to think of it, when Stazi posted about spotting the black SE w/svt exhaust that got pulled over on 23 back in winter, it may have been that guy. Perhaps, the guy upgraded the exhaust?

Have you guys seen the Tan pre-98 with the spray paint all over it? There's also a black pre-98 that parked on Hill St that had some spray paint on it last year. Definitely made me paranoid to park on the streets. All the drunken idiots and the throwing of bottles on the street is bad enough, then they go spray paint cars.
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 04:11 AM
Definitely made me paranoid to park on the streets. All the drunken idiots and the throwing of bottles on the street is bad enough, then they go spray paint cars.

That is why I have vandalism covered on my insurance. I wouldn't mind a good key job for a new paint job! Only $26 a month for full vandalism coverage with only a $100 deductable. Maybe my wife and I will drop off my SVT near U of M for a night or two!!!

Reebs
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/30/06 04:29 AM

Alex-I dunno about Mark's old car, but I have seen a black SE w/svt exhaust (not to be mistaken w/my car). I was a soph at the time, and the guy made a post on here. Come to think of it, when Stazi posted about spotting the black SE w/svt exhaust that got pulled over on 23 back in winter, it may have been that guy. Perhaps, the guy upgraded the exhaust?

Not marks old car, just his old exhaust
Posted By: MtnMan SVT Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 08/31/06 09:54 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor and have been living here for about a year, and been going to U of M for 2 (just starting my third). I've got a silver '98 SVT with a roof-rack on it. I'm not too involved as a CEG member, but just happened to notice your post... maybe I'll start looking around on here more often this semester, and maybe I'll see you around town if you've got your car in AA.

Spencer.
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/01/06 02:44 AM
I saw your car quite frequently last year, on South University when I used to live on South Forest. IIRC, don't you have a cat-back?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/01/06 02:49 AM
Ive never seen any of you... which is odd considering how much I actually drive
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/01/06 05:31 AM
Guy who started this post, what are you studying up there and where are you staying? You bringing the tour up to AA? Let me know if you need parking advice. Parking in Ann Arbor during Fall/Winter term is a interesting experience to say the least!

I'm studying mechanical engineering. I live in the Evans Scholarship House so I can park there.
Posted By: MtnMan SVT Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/02/06 01:37 AM
Nope, stock SVT exhaust. I just recently installed a bilstein/BAT suspension kit tho. The only other mods I have are Konig wheels and a K&N intake. When winter rolls around I'll be losing the roof-rack and the wheels in favor of stock SVT rims.
Posted By: SlvrSVT00_dup1 Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/05/06 02:50 PM
I am there for 1 more month, enjoy the parking and FYI the drivers are idiots your car will get hit in the parking lots!
good luck at school
~Spaz
Posted By: MtnMan SVT Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/05/06 03:08 PM
Yeah, since I moved to Ann Arbor, my car's been backed into a few times. I've never seen it happen but I can just tell by the spider cracks in the paint on my bumpers. It sucks, but I've got insurance to cover it if it gets bad enough.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/05/06 03:22 PM
Originally posted by SlvrSVT00:
I am there for 1 more month, enjoy the parking and FYI the drivers are idiots your car will get hit in the parking lots!
good luck at school
~Spaz

shes... shes... alive!!?
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/05/06 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SlvrSVT00:
good luck at school
~Spaz

Didn't you get a nasty side swipe not too long ago? Yeah, I have class today and parking was a pita. I searched for parking for 35 mins on E. Ann and around there. Finally, decided to park next to MLB at metered parking. I seriously hate parking in this city, it's such a waste of time. Plus you got idiots that can't drive worth a lick. I got about 2 dings and a nice rub off of blue paint on my car last year, hopefully this year will be about the same or better.
Posted By: SlvrSVT00_dup1 Re: Anyone in Ann Arbor - 09/05/06 03:35 PM
yeah i did, then i got my car out of the shop, and not too long after it got hit in the parkinglot in the exact same spot!
I have not had a chance to fix it yet hopefully before winter comes
yeah parking is horrible! if you are in engineering the lots on north campus aren't too bad but central campus is just impossible
so good luck.
and yes pudmunkies I am alive
© CEG Archives