Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RawBurt Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 02:32 PM
Thats right, and counting. As far as I'm conerned it's already started, and the diehards are out there and think the same. But for those who do not know, its this weekend. And its a good time had by all. The forecast for this weekend looks fantastic, so whos going? I will be there Friday and Saturday for sure as a spectator. I've cruised the SVT before, and it just wasn't all that much fun. So this year I'll be watching from the bed of a lifted F350 powerstroke extended cab long box... Complete with mini BBQ. So far we'll be cooking burgers, dogs, sausage, and steaks while cruising woodward, woot! hahahahaha, I'm excited!!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 02:44 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
sausage

Mx loves the sausage.
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 02:51 PM
ill be there...im not sure what day though...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 02:59 PM
Originally posted by todras:
sausage

Mx loves the sausage.

Thank you captain obvious.

Its basically going to be a feast all day. I love BBQ

Ben, you going to be in the SVT?
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 03:13 PM
I will down at Mustang Alley in Ferndale on Saturday w/ a Company car. (should be relatively close by from 6am til 6pm)

-Mark
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 04:02 PM
im thinking im gonna bring it...not sure yet...
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBEN:
im thinking im gonna bring it...not sure yet...

bring what? Your STD?
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 09:23 PM
i think im gonna leave my std at home for the cruise
...but im not sure im gonna bring my SVT or not.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 11:21 PM
I'll be parking at one of the banks near the M-B dealership and then heading to downtown Birmingham to check out the GM concepts that will not be coming out as well as the fugly Camaro! Then I'll go a little north and check out Fords display over there, usually pretty cool, especially all the Stangs and Cobras I'll be doing this solo till about 2:00 p.m. when my buddy is "supposed" to show up but even if he doesn't its ok, theres nothing like checking out cars all by yourself so if you run into somebody you wanna talk to about something, its all good. I do miss the good old days of getting together out there, but unfortunatly those days are long gone but were good while they lasted BTW I was out there last Friday and Sunday and it was nuts!
Posted By: Beans_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/14/06 11:28 PM
Need to find a spot were to meet.. dont know that area very well.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Beans:

Good luck, this has been tried in the past 2 years w/o alot of sucess, but before that, we had 11-15 Tours there at any given time, ah the good ole' days
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 04:36 AM
Roger your posts about the good ole days are nauseating...

I will not be doing much driving...basically drinking like I was at an MSU tailgate. 8am til I'm PTFO.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Originally posted by Beans:

Good luck, this has been tried in the past 2 years w/o alot of sucess, but before that, we had 11-15 Tours there at any given time, ah the good ole' days

I can't believe the "good ole' days" were only a couple of years ago. I've only been around for 4 years but I've seen the decline. I don't find it nauseating, it's too bad. I'll be there this Saturday lookin to enjoy all the cars. And keeping my eyes open for Contours.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 04:55 AM
about the only way to get a spot is if everyone meets at like 4am.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 05:58 AM
Originally posted by The Five-Oh!:

on friday....

BTW, Did anyone catch the 15 or so Ford GT's prowling this past Saturday? Every color and plates from MA to CA...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Trapps:

on friday....

BTW, Did anyone catch the 15 or so Ford GT's prowling this past Saturday? Every color and plates from MA to CA...

nope, but i saw a guy trash his turbo c5 zo6
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 12:24 PM

on friday....

There was a Ford GT meet at saleen on 15 mile and Ryan last week. There had to be hundreds of them, I slowed down ever time I drove by. There was a mclaren and looked like a bullit mustang but 2005-2006. There were some nice machines there.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 12:24 PM

Sure did

Hmm, maybe the good ole days are gone because a majority of those people have either sold their cars or left CEG

Either way, my contour doesnt belong there. I myself go for the site of old muscle cars (scanning constantly for a glimpse of "the judge") and the smell of high octane and burnt rubber.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 12:34 PM
There was a Ford GT club meet. I guess a ton of them were seen together in front of Ford WHC.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 01:47 PM
There was a Ford GT club meet. I guess a ton of them were seen together in front of Ford WHC.

Saleen/Wixom Assembly invited the GT owners to come out for Job Last (last GT made) and hundreds showed up.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/15/06 11:25 PM

Nah, but 6:00 a.m. would've been nice and Pete, Whether you like it or not, its declining and all I EVER wanted to do was get EVERYONE together for a good time, forget the "well we're over here" and "I'm staying home and getting hammered!" Its one day a year, the same third Saturday in August every year, so theres no need to "build up the meet" for this one So I ask you and those like you, whats so wrong with getting us all together in one spot, all you gotta do is get your azz out of bed and get there, simple And its not just me that sees this, Tom has noticed it too and doesn't "stir the pot" about anything, all he wants is the same thing I do, period!
Posted By: m!key Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 01:10 AM

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

nice sig jomo!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 01:25 AM
"I'm staying home and getting hammered!"

LMGDAO!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 01:37 AM
"I'm staying home and getting hammered!"

LMGDAO!

To each there own. I am going to be with some friends who, very shortly will be moving to all diff parts of the country.

CA, FL, IL, OH, NY, etc...

You have to think about the decline of this vehicle...it isn't exactly a true enthusiast car. At least in the sense of long term owners and long term die hard fans.

With age this platform dies.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 01:50 AM
I am making it out.............................NEXT YEAR!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 02:42 AM
Originally posted by m!key:

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

nice sig jomo!

Is it offensive or something? I dont get it? I swiped it off someone else from another board... And wtf is a jomo, are you trying to call me a homo or something?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 03:38 AM

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

nice sig jomo!

Is it offensive or something? I dont get it? I swiped it off someone else from another board... And wtf is a jomo, are you trying to call me a homo or something?

jomo = mexican homo
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 04:27 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

You have to think about the decline of this vehicle...it isn't exactly a true enthusiast car. At least in the sense of long term owners and long term die hard fans.

With age this platform dies.

Jeez Pete, way to kill the mood.

BTW, what's this for then if the platform is dead? Born again on 04/09/06 After all this, you sound like you're ready to give up.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 05:23 AM
I'm getting close. I re-love that car all over again, but I am not gonna hold it against people for not trying to get together at the dreamcruise.

I'm just dealing with reality...

Roger is the guy complaining about not meeting up and he has sold his car!!!!

Good grief!!!
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 05:24 AM

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

nice sig jomo!

jomo = mexican homo

oh...this thread breaks all the rules....bashing gh3ys and mexicans.....lock dis one up......flaming beaners....
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 12:29 PM
I'm about to lock you up...

... At rara's house
Posted By: m!key Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 12:35 PM
kinky! FTW! JOMOS!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 12:58 PM
This thread did have a purpose until some of CEG's finest wondered in. Please lock it.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 01:10 PM
This thread did have a purpose until some of CEG's finest wondered in. Please lock it.

It did? You were casually asking who was going? How did you think it was going to go. Kind of a pointless post. Those that are going will and those that don't won't.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 03:55 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

... At rara's house

sweet...we going to play bad cop bad cop again?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 04:20 PM
No. Hide the sausage. You're the hidee aka catcher.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Judge:

... At rara's house

I'm not playing... but I hear rara has some form of bondage he wants to include you in!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 05:25 PM

... At rara's house

I'm not playing... but I hear rara has some form of bondage he wants to include you in!

Hey, Cara hasn't been away at school nearly long enough for anything of the sort. but you could try James' or Pimpalicious' or Barge's house if you are really interested in that sort of thing.
Posted By: Barge Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rara:

Hey, Cara hasn't been away at school nearly long enough for anything of the sort. but you could try James' or Pimpalicious' or Barge's house if you are really interested in that sort of thing.

If you ever put my name in the same sentence as those 2 again I will be forced to burn your house to the ground and salt the land.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Barge:
salt the land

Why? So you can eat it?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 07:40 PM
Posted By: Barge Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 11:01 PM
salt the land

Why? So you can eat it?

Hey... you just worry about keeping exhaust in one piece.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 11:22 PM
salt the land

Why? So you can eat it?

Dr. Z's voice from the commercial..."hmmm, delicious!"

See, I've got a sense of humor guys Also I chose to work this Saturday and Sunday, but plan on being out there early and leaving around 1 or 2
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 11:49 PM
No. Hide the sausage. You're the hidee aka catcher.

I am never catcher....never
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/16/06 11:50 PM
salt the land

Why? So you can eat it?

Git in muh BELLY
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 11:37 AM
Woodward last night gets two thumbs up.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 03:01 PM
I saw a couple contours out...I was across the street from Auto Europe in chairs with some friends.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 03:13 PM
Yeah I saw a t-red SVT. It looked like shays (hooterlure69) old car to me... I didn't see your car out there pete?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 03:30 PM
Because I was in a Hemi Jeeep tailgating.
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 07:44 PM
i was out in the turbo... saw some d-bag in a black svt with a cobra badges on the fenders where the 24v dohc badges usually go. i will be out again tonight too, not sure which car i'll be taking out there yet.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 5speed3.0SE�®:
saw some d-bag in a black svt with a cobra badges on the fenders where the 24v dohc badges usually go.

I've talked to this guy before, seems like a cool dude. If I remember correctly they were on the car when he purchased it. I think hes on micruisin.com...
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 09:02 PM
Last night was very good - enough cars to oogle, not enough congestion for me to want to go postal. Tonight will be nuts - I figure cops will shut it down by 9:30.

Some very nice machines out there. It does just keep getting bigger and bigger every year. The dealer plated 930S (pearl slant nosed turbo w/ roll bar) at Birmingham Imports makes an unreal sick noise! Like angels screaming with wild multiple o's...
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 10:30 PM
saw some d-bag in a black svt with a cobra badges on the fenders where the 24v dohc badges usually go.

I've talked to this guy before, seems like a cool dude. If I remember correctly they were on the car when he purchased it. I think hes on micruisin.com...

correction....he put them there to cover up the holes....i was there when he tried to explain his way out of why they were there....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/17/06 11:11 PM
Mark, I really hope you get that Porsche your lookin' for
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 01:06 AM
Mark, I really hope you get that Porsche your lookin' for

Me too! I'm currently considering a car on the East coast. I have to decide by tomorrow if I'm going to pop for a PPI.
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 03:08 AM
just got home from woodward, it was still goin strong when i left at 10:30...might i say it was perfectly conjested
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 05:37 AM
[

Me too! I'm currently considering a car on the East coast. I have to decide by tomorrow if I'm going to pop for a PPI.

wtf is PPI man?

Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 05:47 AM
Oh....I got my yearly ticket today as well.....yay Fraser.....rookies don't like it when ya tell them they are lucky you even stopped...with a straight face......punk......I hate cops.....well...there is one I like....but he does not count.....
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 12:59 PM
Oh....I got my yearly ticket today as well.....yay Fraser.....rookies don't like it when ya tell them they are lucky you even stopped...with a straight face......punk......I hate cops.....well...there is one I like....but he does not count.....

Guns drawn?
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 01:04 PM
well...there is one I like....but he does not count.....

Columbo?

Roscoe P. Coltrane?

Farva?
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 02:45 PM

Guns drawn?

any other way when dealing with someone like me? its as if I am some mass murder suspect.....

Rara....Roscoe is my hero...ya'll know he hit Daisey in them shorts....they just never showd it
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/18/06 09:43 PM
[

wtf is PPI man?

Pre Purchase Inspection. About $250 in the 911 Turbo world, $300 - $325 if you do a leak-down compression test. While the motors are damn near bullit proof, they are often subject to abuse. Any motor, if abused, can and will break. The PPI can save thousands, or tens of thousands, in repairs as they are not cheap to rebuild if needed. I wouldn't buy a used Porsche without one from a reputable dealer/tuner.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/19/06 01:15 AM
Any motor, if abused, can and will break.

Are you serious? man....I would never have thought

I know what the inspection is...just did not know it as PPI...but yea...rebuilds are expensive...safe is the only way to go with it....do they do a boreoscope on it and video it for you so you can see inside the cyl walls?
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/19/06 03:09 AM
i was out on woodward again tonight...the po-po's started trying to get people to leave by 10
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/19/06 08:12 PM

I know what the inspection is...just did not know it as PPI...but yea...rebuilds are expensive...safe is the only way to go with it....do they do a boreoscope on it and video it for you so you can see inside the cyl walls?

They'll film for you. For extra cash. I'm content with the written report. Me serious? No. Pissed off? yes. That's another story.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/20/06 05:02 AM

They'll film for you. For extra cash. I'm content with the written report. Me serious? No. Pissed off? yes. That's another story.

as long as you can trust them...the report is good...I work in the industry so i like to see the film....did someone try to burn you and you popped them?
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/20/06 07:52 PM

as long as you can trust them...the report is good...I work in the industry so i like to see the film....did someone try to burn you and you popped them?

No, I havn't been burned. I'm just learning from the mistakes of others. As is with most things in life, if it seems to good to be true, it's probably BS.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/20/06 10:24 PM
Enis
Posted By: Spatt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/21/06 01:02 PM
pEnis

what?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/21/06 01:16 PM
WTH is going on with this thread?!

Did anyone get any pictures from WDC?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/21/06 11:07 PM

That's what I was thinkin'
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/21/06 11:10 PM
I've got some goodunes...

Right inside here...
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 12:23 AM

That's what I was thinkin'

Me, too. I'm always complaining about people not going, and then I don't show. Had to work. So I'm lookin for pix.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 01:19 AM
I think its ok that you missed this one Tom, especially since the weather wasn't so good in the early going. I too had to work or should I say chose to work (mainly because of the weather), 10 hrs on both Sat and Sunday and a pair of cars to detail mixed in there, one of which I still have because I've been given all the time I need to finish it, so I'm really busy right now. I've detailed 4 cars this month already and probably have 2 more to do, its been a great year at "The Comound"
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 04:46 AM
new face of ceg...
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 05:43 AM
new face of ceg...

I bust a nut on the new face of CEG!
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 05:56 AM
im wonderin wtf there is an "a" with an accent mark in my name now... i didnt change it at all... balls!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Soooooo WDC - 08/22/06 11:36 PM
new face of ceg...

LOL! and yeah, whats the deal with the "A"
© CEG Archives