Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 01:26 AM
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here, but the Tour finally bit the dust. I blew the diff out a couple weeks ago making a routine left hand turn (no tire spin or wheel hop). So I sold the Tour and bought a new car.

For those of you that didn't know, the Tour:

Here's the new car:

2006 VW Rabbit. I like the car a lot so far. It seem's about as quick as the Contour was and it has a much better ride. It's powered by a 2.5L I5 rated at 150HP and 170ft-lbs. Just about every option comes standard on it and I got a great deal.
Posted By: Barge Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 01:59 AM
How much did you get for trading in your penis?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 02:12 AM
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
How much did you get for trading in your penis?

lmao!!!

post of the week.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 02:38 AM
Cool that you got a new car, but I would have upgraded to at least a GTI (without DSG.... I dont care how cool it is, you cant row it i dont want it).

I hope you dont have any payments on it tho.... because a new built trans is only what? 2500 max?
Posted By: AliasJerk? Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Cool that you got a new car, but I would have upgraded to at least a GTI (without DSG.... I dont care how cool it is, you cant row it i dont want it).

I hope you dont have any payments on it tho.... because a new built trans is only what? 2500 max?

no, he couldnt have upgraded to the GTI, thats a [censored] RABBIT!

Call me lame... but I want one... 2.5L I5 pushing 150 horses, 170 ft/lb of torque, gets 34 miles to the gallon, isnt really that heavy... I also like the fact that they are starting at $14K and probably will hold that value fairly well. the ONLY reason why im a little dissapointed in the rabbit is because they didnt offer the new one with a diesel... I mean thats what the rabbit was known for. Either way, im interested, although I would have gotten the 17 inch rims and the ground effects package... Ive always had a thing for hatches...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 02:51 AM
Yeah, i'm interested in what you got for the SVT
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 02:56 AM
The 17" wheels were like $1200 extra and I figure'd I'd rather get my own wheels for it for that much.

I sold the SVT for $2,500, it was paid off and I didn't feel like getting it fixed.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 03:08 AM
Originally posted by SVTMike:
The 17" wheels were like $1200 extra and I figure'd I'd rather get my own wheels for it for that much.

I sold the SVT for $2,500, it was paid off and I didn't feel like getting it fixed.

Damn I would have bought it if I had know.

Aaron
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 03:11 AM
Umm Eurotour has a spare stock trans. $200 and it would have been yours. We would have installed it for dirt cheap. Could of at least got the car going then then sold it for a couple more grand. A 150hp rabbit with hubcaps? Geez Mike.
Posted By: AliasJerk? Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 03:18 AM
Originally posted by todras:
Umm Eurotour has a spare stock trans. $200 and it would have been yours. We would have installed it for dirt cheap. Could of at least got the car going then then sold it for a couple more grand. A 150hp rabbit with hubcaps? Geez Mike.

im sure he has plans for it... the 2.5L is an awesome engine.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 03:18 AM
wow...you don't even have boost.....sorry bout the luck man....
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 03:53 AM
I have a feeling you guys would give the car more respect after driving it, the 2.5L I5 is a great engine. The car as a whole blows the doors off everything else in its class that I drove and I got a supplier discount through my work. I just wasn't willing to shell out the extra $10,000 for the GTI.

I'll be getting tint and a clear bra on it very soon and new wheels will come as soon as I find something. Any mods will probably be aesthetic only, maybe some audio. I just need something reliable that gets decent gas mileage during my 50 mile round trips to work and 30 mile trips to school.

Judge, I work with a guy named Bob Edgar that told me to say hi after I inquired as to why he was calling my old car the â??Wampler mobileâ?.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 04:08 AM
Mike btw im stealing your ME books. Im just waiting on my approval paperwork from Wayne state
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 04:11 AM
I can help you with anything that I don't use or that isn't an old edition. I know ton's of other people that have books and such too.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 04:17 AM
Im hoping ill be a junior but honestly i think ill be a sophmore
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 04:45 AM
Pretty sure the Rabbit only gets about 30-31mpg highway.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: The Tour Is Gone (pics) - 07/27/06 12:48 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ??¢:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

no, he couldnt have upgraded to the GTI, thats a [censored] RABBIT!

Call me lame... but I want one... 2.5L I5 pushing 150 horses, 170 ft/lb of torque, gets 34 miles to the gallon, isnt really that heavy... I also like the fact that they are starting at $14K and probably will hold that value fairly well. the ONLY reason why im a little dissapointed in the rabbit is because they didnt offer the new one with a diesel... I mean thats what the rabbit was known for. Either way, im interested, although I would have gotten the 17 inch rims and the ground effects package... Ive always had a thing for hatches...

Diesel emissions have become more stringent, there will be a TDI next year with the new cleaner diesel.
© CEG Archives