Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Got teh job - 07/19/06 06:13 PM
So I start working at the McDonalds off of N. Reynolds In Toledo tomorrow. And hopfuly Monettes is going to hire me for a day job as well. so if any EGL CEGers wanna discount, you'll know where to go . I know its not the best job, but it'll do for now. Hey at least I can live off of it for the time being.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 06:14 PM
Congrats dude, hopefully its a step in the right direction.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 06:17 PM
thanks. but the only thing is, is there paying me sh!t.(5.25 from 5-9 and from 9 to close 7.25) If anyone know of a place that pays better, PLEASE let me know.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 06:49 PM
H.S. students can't expect decent paying jobs. It's not impossible to find, but nobody pays part timers in H.S. anyway. My advice, stay in school.

Mark
Posted By: Reebs Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
My advice, stay in school.

x1000

Posted By: Berkel Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 08:01 PM
How old are you? Friend of mine works at Monette's, $5.15 an hour, which is ridiculous.

I work at Menards, decent, but the management is [censored] I hate it. 6.50/hr on weekdays and 9/hr on weekends. 8.50/hr and 11/hr when you graduate highschool.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Got teh job - 07/19/06 09:33 PM
well like iv said before, im homeschooled, im 16 (17 on the 26th) and in graduating in two months.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 04:04 AM
10 days younger than me

But I graduate in 10 months
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 12:45 PM
congrats!! just keep up on it...i've seen too many people start something and quit.....then they regret it. you've got a good thing going! i know how hard it is to have two jobs myself! IT SUCKS just hang in there!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BiggityBon:
congrats!! just keep up on it...i've seen too many people start something and quit.....then they regret it. you've got a good thing going! i know how hard it is to have two jobs myself! IT SUCKS just hang in there!

Totaly agree, Life is about hard work. Its rare when people become well off by complaining (Paris Hilton), I have more respect for the people that work hard and make something of themselves. Hang in there man, get that high school degree, go to college, better yourself.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 05:09 PM

Well Iv had other jobs that iv just guit. but i dont think it'll be this one for a while. this will be the 4th McDonalds Iv worked at. IMHO its getting paid to put burgers on a grill and stand around. But I dont know about this one. they seem real strick up here. for example, this is the first one i have worked at that i have to shave my goatee (SP?) I have to get a physical by the 18th and i need proof of my education. I dont care about the second to, but d@mn i dont wanna shave. LOL
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
they seem real strick up here. for example, this is the first one i have worked at that i have to shave my goatee (SP?) I have to get a physical by the 18th

McDonalds doesn't want a bunch of pothead hippies working for them.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 05:21 PM

Well Iv had other jobs that iv just guit. but i dont think it'll be this one for a while. this will be the 4th McDonalds Iv worked at. IMHO its getting paid to put burgers on a grill and stand around. But I dont know about this one. they seem real strick up here. for example, this is the first one i have worked at that i have to shave my goatee (SP?) I have to get a physical by the 18th and i need proof of my education. I dont care about the second to, but d@mn i dont wanna shave. LOL

That sucks. I just have to make sure I don't have scrubby facial hair, a goatee is fine, and 1 drug test at the beginning. The only thing that sucks at Menards is you just can't call off. Need a Doctors note OR ELSE! Oh well, I hope I can hang in there, I was just suspended, one more screw up and I'm gone

I just bought a Porter Cable too and my paychecks for the next couple weeks will be like $25
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 05:55 PM

wow, they dont even care if I shave or not working at MCVI... Although they did when I worked at Papa Johns... I made 5.15/hr there, that sucked.
Posted By: Barge Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 06:28 PM
You could just have sex with Christi Brinkley's (sp?) husband and he'll pay you $50 an hour to work at his architecture office.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 06:32 PM
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
You could just have sex with Christi Brinkley's (sp?) husband and he'll pay you $50 an hour to work at his architecture office.

o rly?
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 06:35 PM
Originally posted by RawBroken:
they seem real strick up here. for example, this is the first one i have worked at that i have to shave my goatee (SP?) I have to get a physical by the 18th

LOL, accually iv managed to stay clean for quite some time now. I dont plan on F-ing up again. but on the other hand when i worked for McDonalds in St.Louis thats all there was. Just a bunch of hippies. I used to go "kick it" at the store managers house every nite. LOL. Good times
Posted By: Barge Re: Got teh job - 07/20/06 06:36 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by WRX Barge:

o rly?

Especially you... since you pretty much look like a high school girl and all :-P
Posted By: snakous Re: Got teh job - 07/21/06 01:05 AM
Originally posted by RawBroken:

Yeah, they'd rather have someone that can't even count to 50.
© CEG Archives