Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 03:10 AM
Well this prob won't affect any of you, but it is kind of a big deal to me.

Sh!t like this really pisses me off! Cadillac has been with Burnett for as long as I've been alive and they were responsible for the ads in cadillacs revival! Is GM loving the idea of skull******* Detroit!?

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 03:18 AM
Damn Pete, don't get banned over it, geez
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 03:35 AM
this is EGL roger...
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 03:43 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Well this prob won't affect any of you, but it is kind of a big deal to me.

Sh!t like this really pisses me off! Cadillac has been with Burnett for as long as I've been alive and they were responsible for the ads in cadillacs revival! Is GM loving the idea of skull******* Detroit!?

ahhh my virgin eyes!!!

seriously... Thats nuts, and I think you have every night to be outraged... GM is making some stupid ass choices lately... The only thing I can see good coming out of GM is their new Camaro.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 04:14 AM
lmao. armchair quarterbacks with zero auto industry knowledge bitching about a manufacturer switching ad agencies?

give me a break! go back to worrying about the environment, pete.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
lmao. armchair quarterbacks with zero auto industry knowledge bitching about a manufacturer switching ad agencies?

give me a break! go back to worrying about the environment, pete.

Yeah, I know nothing about the industry dave...
I only happen to know an Art Director and a copywriter there, but know many more at other firms in the area. I have met several other people from Burnett, and have been fortunate enough to have gone to their offices in Troy. I know their work and I know their relationship with GM pretty well. So dave, what plethora of information do you have to share with us?!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 01:11 PM
Those Hummer ads are the shiz. I would have went with them too.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 01:39 PM
Pete, your looking to get into the business and going to school for it right if so, don't worry about Dave and certainly stop worrying about the enviroment, let the rest of those on your campus do that BTW, when you see them protesting tell them WE WANT OUR OIL IN ALASKA AND DON'T CARE ABOUT SOME DAMN SPOTTED OWL

BTW, those hummer ads are great, especially the one with the guy who appears smaller than the rest of his co-workers, thats my favorite
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

BTW, those hummer ads are great, especially the one with the guy who appears smaller than the rest of his co-workers, thats my favorite

I'm waiting for the h7 midget car. It must be hard to come up with ads when the only change is they are geting smaller.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 02:17 PM

I only happen to know an Art Director and a copywriter there, but know many more at other firms in the area. I have met several other people from Burnett, and have been fortunate enough to have gone to their offices in Troy. I know their work and I know their relationship with GM pretty well. So dave, what plethora of information do you have to share with us?!

i'm not claiming to know squat, pete. but you are giving commentary like an industry insider when you haven't even graduated college yet, and painted houses for a living last summer.

it's great that you know people. my parents best friend runs gm's racing program, but you don't see me spouting off about the C6 racing program, do you?

spend some time outside of school, and maybe you'll realize that there are a great many factors that go into a business relationship. if the burnett agency was doing such a great job, i doubt they would up and leave them for no reason.

the fact that they stayed with one firm for so long is great, but they apparently decided they needed to move on. i'm sure they would have consulted you and your vast industry knowledge had they known you weren't painting houses and installing trasmissions at the time.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 03:10 PM
Instability of major accounts at an ad agency is the name of the game. It's very much a "What have you done for me lately?" type of business. Working at a big agency, the fear of having a huge account drop you and you hitting the unemployment line are the risks you take. That's the main reason I didn't pursue a career working for a huge agency like that.

Sure, you feel bad for anyone that loses their job, but you know that's a huge risk going in... that's like the guy who becomes a radio DJ and can't believe he didn't work at the same station for 30 years straight. I look at the ad world like radio: if you've never been fired/let go, you're probably not any good.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Schnad:
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

I'm waiting for the h7 midget car. It must be hard to come up with ads when the only change is they are geting smaller.

http://www.fuh2.com/
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 09:37 PM

i'm not claiming to know squat, pete. but you are giving commentary like an industry insider when you haven't even graduated college yet, and painted houses for a living last summer.

it's great that you know people. my parents best friend runs gm's racing program, but you don't see me spouting off about the C6 racing program, do you?

spend some time outside of school, and maybe you'll realize that there are a great many factors that go into a business relationship. if the burnett agency was doing such a great job, i doubt they would up and leave them for no reason.

the fact that they stayed with one firm for so long is great, but they apparently decided they needed to move on. i'm sure they would have consulted you and your vast industry knowledge had they known you weren't painting houses and installing trasmissions at the time.

Sorry Dave, I painted houses for a summer job while in college. I still paid attention to these things! I just didn't get all riled up about them because it wasn't like I had friends at these places or the fact that I would've loved to work at burnett.

Yeah, f the environment, who cares...we shouldn't strive towards new technology. We shouldn't listen to scientists they know nothing. God you guys are archaic.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 09:43 PM

Yeah, f the environment, who cares...we shouldn't strive towards new technology. We shouldn't listen to scientists they know nothing. God you guys are archaic.

where the f did i say to f the environment???
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 10:03 PM

where the f did i say to f the environment???

You told me to go back to worrying about the environment. I don't really worry about it as there is nothing I can do about it and...I'm out
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 10:18 PM

You told me to go back to worrying about the environment. I don't really worry about it as there is nothing I can do about it and...I'm out

oook...
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 10:23 PM
God your a Freaking Baby!!!!!

Change your tampon!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/27/06 11:13 PM
You gotta watch out for Dave, he's got a double barreled attack! He can talk smack like Steeda and then in the next breath sound like John McElroy

As far as the envirornment goes, well, I care about it too and I'm sure those sceintists are smart, smart enough to know which side of the isle their funding comes from too. Remember the hole in the ozone, I do as it was big news way back when I was in H.S. Then, a couple years ago, they said there was NO hole Oh well, they all got paid for that though, didn't they

Don't worry Pete, I'm sure you'll do fine once your out of school
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cadillac leaves Leo Burnett - 06/28/06 03:08 AM
Spoke with someone from Leo Burnett today. Crazy stuff is all I can really say.
© CEG Archives