Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I haven't read alot of interest on this so I'd like to know is anyone going to be down there getting us some spots in the Super K parking lot. Its a bit longer of drive for me now so I don't want to be the only one there I may have to work that day, but it would be in the afternoon, so I'll be there long enough to make it worth while I missed it last year and don't want to make it 2 years in a row as this is my personal favorite cruize! I just think the people and lack of sponsorships all over the place make it much more enjoyable than the WDC, no doubt about it. So, can we get a list going of who's actually going

1. Roger R
i believe i will be in attendance.
Bonnie's heading up there. I'm still debating whether to take off work and make the drive.
1. Roger R
2. Brendan (99SVT)
1. Roger R
2. Brendan (99SVT)
3. Bonnie
4. Kevin (you are taking off work!)
1. Roger R
2. Brendan (99SVT)
3. Bonnie (bringin the chevy lovin bf...he hates fords! lol)
4. Kevin

(edited from other post)

come on people...we all know there's more of us out there!!!!
I'm also heading out there on Friday night. It gets pretty crazy over by the Super K. Anyone interested in goin out there Friday night too?
if i didn't have to work till 1130 at night...i probably would. saturday morning's going to be hard enough waking up!!!!
Brendan, what time can you get there to "get things going" for us Once we get a couple more people there its easier to save spots for others, just don't take to long to get there though

John, what are you driving to the meet
im not sure yet...
Its my birthday that day but ill probably be at my ussual spot but not until later in the day
Originally posted by Decepticon:
Its my birthday that day but ill probably be at my ussual spot but not until later in the day

Passed out next to your toilet?
Originally posted by Rickson:
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Passed out next to your toilet?

Negative i puke until i feel like im gonna die then I go back to the Drinking Eh!?!
What time can someone get there in the morning
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
What time can someone get there in the morning

I can get there somewhat early...but i can't hold a bunch of spots by myself.
when i was there early last year, i got yelled at by some old lady for trying to hold two spots! b/c some people were taking their grand time cleaning their bike and car! haha i'm not sure i'll be there that early again
Originally posted by BiggityBon:
when i was there early last year, i got yelled at by some old lady for trying to hold two spots! b/c some people were taking their grand time cleaning their bike and car! haha i'm not sure i'll be there that early again

LOL I didn't clean my bike but Someone wanted to tour Downriver for a car warsh
oh that's right....barge might as well have licked his car clean!! LOL....no more german beer afterwards though!!! that s*** made me sick
oh that's right....barge might as well have licked his car clean!! LOL....no more german beer afterwards though!!! that s*** made me sick

hahahah you where drinking Molson
butthole...don't you remember the dark bucket of beer that barge bought...remember i said it tasted like caramel corn and you both laughed at me...yep..i remember that quite clearly...
Ohh ya LOL barge is known for drinking beer that barely drinkable to everyone else.

Sorry its not Mikes hard lemonade
for your info..i don't drink mike's hard lemonade
Yea it's Mikaritas!!!!
lol.....ever notice how a thread goes off topic when jason's involved???

so who else is going to this thing on saturday???? anyone?
lol.....ever notice how a thread goes off topic when jason's involved???

steeda is like kryptonite to intelligent conversation.
this is true...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH it looks like i won't be driving up to the cruise this saturday!!!! i need to spend about $200 on my friggin car......just went out to my car and it will not start. my lights have been dimming every so often, interior and exterior. plus the "battery" light has been flashing while driving. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN....hopefully it's the alternator. if not....i'm screwed
lol
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN....hopefully it's the alternator. if not....i'm screwed

i don't think anyone says hopefully its the alt on a Duratec!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to hope you have dead cells in your battery
UGH....that's what i meant. just po'd right now....my brother is coming over to try and jump start it. either way..i'm not taking any chances
UGH....that's what i meant. just po'd right now....my brother is coming over to try and jump start it. either way..i'm not taking any chances

you need a multimeter and a jump!!! jumping it alone won't do much

BTW its your alt
i was really looking forward to going this weekend. guess i should be glad this happened here and not up there!! oh well, there will be plenty other car shows this year. i'm looking forward to the biggest show of the year at the GM powertrain plant i can walk to that one
I can have your alternator out in an hour... See thread, "For the haters"
well..it did start, i got it home. but the "battery" light still flashes every once in awhile. i'd take you up on the offer to fix but you live further than i'd like to drive! lol lucky for me i only live two miles away from work, so if it doesn't start tomorrow i can just walk, providing it doesn't rain like it did last night!! and napa is only a mile from my house good thing i get paid tomorrow!
Besides myself and Brendan, who's actually going to be there in the moring? I've got a much longer drive to get down there and need to know who's going to be there early so I can plan accordingly
Besides myself and Brendan, who's actually going to be there in the moring? I've got a much longer drive to get down there and need to know who's going to be there early so I can plan accordingly

What time are you planning on getting there?
Originally posted by 99SVT:

I can be there when your going to be there Brendan

I can be there when your going to be there Brendan

I don't even remember what time we got there in past years. Honestly whenever you want, your the one driving from the other side of the D.

But the real question is...how many people are coming and who? Do we even need to get there early? I mean...we don't even have contours anymore Roger.

I would love to get a big group together and I have no problem getting there at the a$$ crack of dawn and holding spots as long as we're gonna have a decent turnout for this thing. I'll be there no matter what, I always am.
Brendan, the cars don't matter, its the people that matter now. I mean if there are those who've got the Tours still good, nothing wrong with that, but we've all been buddies/friends for sometime now and I don't think it would matter if we all drove POS' to be honest with you.

Now as far as the time I'm getting down there, I'll be there by 7:00 a.m., so try and get the same area we usually park in. As for the rest of you, I'm driving about an hour away, so I don't wanna hear any exuses Lets have a good turnout as this is really a great cruize with great people and cars, even the cops are cool at this one, imagine that!
I'll be working.
Brendan, the cars don't matter, its the people that matter now. I mean if there are those who've got the Tours still good, nothing wrong with that, but we've all been buddies/friends for sometime now and I don't think it would matter if we all drove POS' to be honest with you.

Now as far as the time I'm getting down there, I'll be there by 7:00 a.m., so try and get the same area we usually park in. As for the rest of you, I'm driving about an hour away, so I don't wanna hear any exuses Lets have a good turnout as this is really a great cruize with great people and cars, even the cops are cool at this one, imagine that!

Cool. I'll get there around 7 too then.
ill still be rolling out, but def not that early. note my post time.
I'm working this morning and going to the baseball game later so it's doubtful that i'll get down there.
Originally posted by 5speed3.0SE�®:
ill still be rolling out, but def not that early. note my post time.

Noted.

I hope someone gets out there and keeps roger company. I was there for 30min and then had a work emergency and had to run. Hopefully I should be back up there at or before 3:00.
Aw, if I didn't have the kids today I'd join ya'll. The Cougar is still in for new paint, but I could have at least driven the Talon down...

Anything else coming up? We've got Cougarfest coming up in two weeks, but other than that I'd like to get out and see some of the local tours -- I've seen quite a few around here since I moved...

E1
Thank God for the great weather today, we had a GREAT turnout
Hey, I was down there with a friend of mine in his car from about 8 until 11... saw your car sitting unattended with the hood up.

Seriously roger...you seem to pick the events no one gives a damn about!! We had a better turn out for Jeff's tranny swap I'll bet. You don't create enough buzz for your meets. I have a job that is 9-5 now. I would've gone otherwise. Sucks you had no turn out but well...ya.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Seriously roger...you seem to pick the events no one gives a damn about!! We had a better turn out for Jeff's tranny swap I'll bet. You don't create enough buzz for your meets. I have a job that is 9-5 now. I would've gone otherwise. Sucks you had no turn out but well...ya.

I don't create enough "buzz" Pete, no I think it has more to do with not being in the click or being unpopular or maybe, just maybe, trying to damn hard and rubbing people the wron way "Pick the wrong events", are you serious? IMO the Downriver Cruize is WAAAAY better than the WDC because the traffic flows, the people are nicer and the cops aren't jerks, what else do you need? Alot of people here have worked hard on their cars, why not show em' off to everyone, hand out and have a good time and do some cruizin'?! I must say your right about the "buzz", I just don't have that kinda pull here, never did and never will and thats ok with me
BTW Pete, you still wanna hit that "fast track" I went to 2 monthes ago Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzz
Nobody cares about this cruise? From the pics....I would have loved to go....you MI people are way too spoiled....we don't have anything like that here in IL.

I don't create enough "buzz" Pete, no I think it has more to do with not being in the click or being unpopular or maybe, just maybe, trying to damn hard and rubbing people the wron way

speaking from my own experience (i.e. the EOSB last year) i pm'ed every EGL ceg'er i could find about that event, and between making sure we had food and fun planned, i think it worked well. it takes a lot of work to get more than five or so of us together at a time.

"Pick the wrong events", are you serious? IMO the Downriver Cruize is WAAAAY better than the WDC because the traffic flows, the people are nicer and the cops aren't jerks, what else do you need?

bah... come to the north end of the WDC. all the same cars, plus flowing traffic and lax police. hell, the cops will even help put out the burning piles of rubber in the street!
BTW Pete, you still wanna hit that "fast track" I went to 2 monthes ago Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzz

I am game. I'm just very very busy now!! I have a full time job, a class, and an internship. Plus I still have my car to get straightened out. Had I not JUST been hired...I would've attempted to take the time off.

I wasn't trying to be a d!ck. I love that cruise, but if you g o back to your very first post you even stated: " I haven't heard a lot of you guys talking about this cruise..."

Stop giving us the rolleyes when you really aren't pushing the meet as much as you could. Advertise!

Quote:

bah... come to the north end of the WDC. all the same cars, plus flowing traffic and lax police. hell, the cops will even help put out the burning piles of rubber in the street!

Dave, thats where I used to set up our meeting spot, but everyone would say "nothings out there, you need to go to 13 and Woodward!"

Traffic starts backing up on the SB around 11:30 a.m. , so we get to see everything right there. Last year ASC was in the M-B parking lot, so this year I'm looking to set up camp in the bank parking lot as we were good to go there last year, even though it rained!

Pete, I know you have a full plate, obviously and I wasn't calling you out in particular, but I did put up a post for the Downriver Cruize early enough and IIRC, even did an interest check The thing is with stuff like this is simple, I feel it all depends on who's setting the meet up. I just don't have the personality to pull people in, although I've tried in the past, so give me an "A" for effort and BTW, I don't mean to be so "pushy" about things, but I like when everyone gets together to BS and check out some rides
Roger you've set up BIG meets in the past. Don't be so down on yourself!
Seriously Roger I think you are being too hard on yourself. Maybe I don't really know the inner workings of the EGL CEG, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't go to a meet because you set it up. You are the E in CEG.

Honestly I think that it's mostly the location and timing. For one...I don't know any CEGers that currently live downriver besides myself.

And two, I think maybe we should meet up later in the day. Like if we all met up at around 4, nobody would have to get up early and be tired by mid afternoon. I wouldn't be worried about parking either. Yes the SuperK lot does fill up, but the meijer lot doesn't, nor does the Southgate Ford lot, and they are practically the same location. Most the fun starts in the evening anyways...spectators are drunk by then and drivers are more apt to do some crazy burnouts. Plus after the cruise all the 21+ could hit up a bar after if we went with the later meeting time.

I was thinking about all this yesterday and these are my thoughts. Take them for what they're worth.
You are the E in CEG.

Crossfire Enthusiast Group?

I keed, I keed.
You know what I'm Done with your crybaby BS.

You know why no one went? Becuase we had other [censored] to do. WHo the [censored] cares about the downriver cruise. jesus [censored] christ!!!!! WHy don't you meet up with your Crossfire croup somewhere? Ohh becuase they have saturday kniting classes!?! Coming on here and complaining just makes us all wanna go to a meet with you even less than we did before!

[censored] get over it. Stop being a [censored] weirdo!
Just like getting the guys together and hangin' out and checking out the cars, is there a problem with that This cruize is once a year, why wait for it to be cold and snowy out to have a meet where over 10 cars show up, I don't get it. Theres enough people here who've busted their ass' on their cars, why not show em' off, especially when people start asking about them and you tell what their all about it, its great!

I'm not being a cry baby about this at all, I honest think people don't like me, maybe I'm guilty by association and if thats the case its getting worse in here
It was my birthday not a fan of sitting out looking at cars on my birthday sorry roger
I went last year and didnt think it was that fantastic. I honestly dont like having meets at cruises. I dont know, set one up Roger and I'll come... probly be the only one there with a contour too
Quote:

probly be the only one there with a contour too

Unfortunatly that seems to be a growing trend but to those who still have em', tip of the cap to you!
Originally posted by RawBurt...:
I went last year and didnt think it was that fantastic. I honestly dont like having meets at cruises. I dont know, set one up Roger and I'll come... probly be the only one there with a contour too

considering you have yours for sale, i'd ease up on the rolling eyes there, pancho.
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt...:

considering you have yours for sale, i'd ease up on the rolling eyes there, pancho.

Its not for sale, I just want someone to buy it. So, I'm going to keep rolling my eyes, nacho.
I will have a contour again
wo0t!!1!
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
I will have a contour again

Anyones we know
Hopefully by summers end I will be in an accord again!

Anyone have some garage or backyard space for my contour?!!?

Or better yet know where I can get a cover for it!? Like an outdoor car cover?!
© CEG Archives