Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Barge Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 01:55 AM
13.8 is what I hear through the grapevine.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 02:10 AM
Originally posted by SVT Barge in 07:

That isn't bad if its alex's car.

Who's care are we talking about. How much nitrous
Posted By: Barge Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:

That isn't bad if its alex's car.

Who's care are we talking about. How much nitrous

The person whose "care" we are talking about knows who he is and will admit to his slowness in due time.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 02:17 AM
Mx?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Evo-Twin-red:
Mx?

that would be my guess
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 04:21 AM
correct-a-mundo!

here's the skinny (i.e. excuses! lol...)

went to milan today, conditions sucked as it was a rental day and the track didn't get much prep. also, the track officials said that the days weather conditions (80+ % humidity) made it equivalent to running at something like 5000 feet (which, according to the NHRA correction factor, knocks @ 1 second off the times everyone ran). cars were consistently running 10 mph slower than normal, so much so that many of the afternoon session people put their cars back on the trailer and left.

our friend ryelou, who previously ran a 13.0 on his stock turbo, only knocked 1/10th off his time even though he has done huge upgrades. needless to say, we were both pretty bummed out about the weather. i was trapping at 103 (which should net low 13's) but was having problems hooking up, even with drag radials (it was either bog or spin for me).

since the weather was craptastic, i spent most of the day messing with my launches trying to find a good rpm to sidestep the clutch with.

oh, and i was only spraying a 50 hp shot. still don't have a tune yet.

managed to beat a new GTO and some f-bodies.

as for barge... we'll see who's car is faster when he gets back from WA.

all of this can be confirmed by ryelou, my brother, or the 30 other guys from motown muscle who went!
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 04:52 AM
I'll confirm the above. My best was a 12.8 @ 112. So I picked up 2/10's and 3mph while gaining ~60 peak HP and a [censored] ton more area under the curve. The correction factor was actually just below 6,000 feet above sea level. One of the guys who went with our group is HUGE into bracket racing and has a portable weather station he picked up for a measly $600. Litterally it's like a handheld weather station. He is the one who gave the correction on the height, and he's the reason all the high HP cars put there stuff back on the trailers and left.

There was a TT Vette that was 10mph slower in the trap. There was a N/A vette (non ZO6) that was 6mph slower in his trap. And after that everyone decided to come back another day instead of taking the risk of breaking something.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 05:29 AM
Ryan, you were behind me Friday night/early Saturday morning, you were pulling into the BP station. I should've made a u-turn, sorry about that, but I guess my regular car didn't stand out enough anyways Anyways, your 112 mph trap speed shows a solid mid 12 second car and even low-mid 12's if all the planets can line up for you, nice job I see your still on those little 15's though, gotta give those up man, come on now
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 06:28 AM
I told you he'd be able to do all the "fun making" on his own
Posted By: Barge Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 08:23 AM
Come on man... you know I had to give you a hard time
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 03:10 PM
I saw your Crossfire. I would have followed you but my gas light was on...I was on "E". Those "little 15's" have drag radials on the front. I'd much rather go to the track with those than with 17" street tires I'll ruin either way.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 03:22 PM

it's ok. btw, tell your grapevine that his mom still has my pants in the back of her fusion.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/28/06 06:57 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

it's ok. btw, tell your grapevine that his mom still has my pants in the back of her fusion.

when are we all going to G-man on a thursday?
Posted By: Barge Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/29/06 01:21 AM

Dude... grapevines don't listen.. they just talk.. sheesh...
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/30/06 02:53 AM
meh... at least it looks good leaving the line!

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/30/06 11:14 PM
meh... at least it looks good leaving the line!

It would look even better leaving the line after it left my driveway first Let me bring out all that metal flake hidden in the mineral gray!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mustang + Nitrous = The Slow - 05/31/06 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

It would look even better leaving the line after it left my driveway first Let me bring out all that metal flake hidden in the mineral gray!

hah! i agree. it needs some love. i'm cheap though... i'll probably just do it myself here someday.
© CEG Archives