Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I know we just had our annual D&B meet (4th annual, not 5th) but its never to early to start throwing out ideas though We seemed to have sucess with the one off of Ford road a couple years ago, so maybe thats an idea. Also, the one we had downriver was pretty cool. These meets need support from the locals of that area, like where and when to have them..."build it and they will come!"
Pre-SZ06 meet... Sounds good, lets just wait until the snow melts away.
End of march. Novi, Livonia, Northville.
Have we ever done one in downtown Royal Oak?! I'm thinking by end of march a good amount of the construction should be done, but idk...Maybe Detroit if it stays clean long enough. LOL
I might have to take my SVT down there if theres a meet.
I say we have a cook out at Elizebeth park we can take up all the parking on the road relax and drink beers and eat bugers and such
trenton?? why don't we just have it in friggin toledo?
Ya trenton is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Far right?

I drove all the way to freaking Utica to spend 80 dollars when i could have gone around the corner from me and done the same. I say Liz Park!

(To many O's...)
I live pretty close to Elizabeth Park, if that means anything...[cricket,cricket]
I had sex with Elizabeth in a park.
Originally posted by todras:

I had sex with your mom in Elizabeth park....
Does elizabeth park have some nice blacktop!?
I haven't been there in a little while...but from what I can recall it's not bad. It's not broken up with potholes if that is what you are wondering.
indeed i believe it was just resurfaced last year?

its right on the detroit river facing Grosse Ile
Doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm down for just about anything.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
Doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm down for just about anything.

Oh we know that you are!!

Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:

I had sex with your mom in Elizabeth park....

todd will take

for 100, trebeck!
This park sounds like a good idea, now heres the question, will the rest of the CEG travel down there
Is there any restaurants near there? meeting at a park is nice, but there needs to be someplace we could cruise to for some food.
If it seems like a good turnout I will prob go no matter where it is. I live so far away anyways. Maybe Jason K can let me stay at his pad.....
If i move by then, We could all take over teh Oak Cafe and Drink some WHO, or go and Raid 99SVT's Jimmy johns but yes there is places to eat!
BBQ
I say we have a cook out at Elizebeth park we can take up all the parking on the road relax and drink beers and eat bugers and such

I'd be down for that, sounds like a pretty nice park and it doesn't really matter to me where it's at.
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
BBQ

End of March can be sunny and nice...or sunny and snow...

In like a Lion and out like a lamb or vice versa
visca versa

NOVI hooters was a good meet.

When redline starts, that would be a good meet to have also.

Wasn't the last meet down river at the Rouge plant.

And this last one out the other direction.

Sweep this one out further close to northville, novi, canton, Livonia, farmington.

I liked the hooters meet!!

Lets support one of our local SE MI CEG-ers and hit the Jimmy Johns for this meet, thus needing it to be near or at that location
99SVT's Jimmy John's is in downtown Wyandotte on Biddle (West Jefferson). Elizabeth Park is about 10 minutes south on the same road.
Originally posted by Arhethia:

Sweep this one out further close to northville, novi, canton, Livonia, farmington.

I go to redline every week...that is not anything out of the ordinary.
I'll chime in here. CEGers are always welcome at JJ's and I think that would rock. However, I think BBQ'ing at elizabeth park is an even better idea, we could always do both...Chill at the park and bbq and I could bring by a party platter or party sub or something to go along with it.

I guess it would depend on when the meet is and the weather.
I think the end of March would be good or sometime in April, right before SZ06'
How about at beefcakes bar in Livonia/westland?

Free booze.

-Tim
Originally posted by ContourPower:

Free booze.

-Tim

Free Booze... WTF are we waiting for? lets go now.
if anyone wanted to venture to hippyville (Ann Arbor) I could help set something up
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Originally posted by ContourPower:

Free booze.

-Tim

Free Booze... WTF are we waiting for? lets go now.

I would be falling down drunk if we go there!
heh... well for one i'm the beefcake he's talking about. (BeefcakeZ2 on aol).
and yea, i got fired on friday the 13th of january from Logan's for giving out free beer...
so i don't quite think that meet would work too well...

now, if you guys wanted to go and trash the place, i'm down for going, but i wouldn't count on getting the free beer..

on the same note, however; if the weather toward that time isn't looking too good, Logan's really is a pretty good place to eat. i can get us a private room with a fireplace (called the Garage). very good food and very decently priced (average check/person is about $15 with pop, up from there with beers.). easy location (1/4 mile off 275 at Ford Rd).
so yea, that's an idea.

I go to redline every week...that is not anything out of the ordinary.

It's a good idea to get everyone together. Plus i have never meet u there. Although I have seen u there a few times.
Vote For what you want!

Elizabeth Park for BBQ/Jimmy Johns Depending on weather
Novi Hooters To stare at Boobies and Listen to Chicks who know very little
Logans on Ford Rd and 275
Other?

Where's the "all of the above" option, who's to say we can't have meets going on like a mother [censored].
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
Where's the "all of the above" option, who's to say we can't have meets going on like a mother [censored].

Great, the crazy mexican is speaking

the crazy mexican is about to get a car that will put the smack down on most of the egl crew!
Is he gonna have 13" wheels w/ retarded offset too?

LMAO!

si! bling bling!
Oh he's getting an SI.
Oh he's getting an SI.

he wishes. more like an STD. from steedas mom.
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Oh he's getting an SI.

Wait...wtf?! You stated he was getting a new car and then you tell us an Si...then you tell us and STD!

WTF DAVE!?
Oh he's getting an SI.

Wait...wtf?! You stated he was getting a new car and then you tell us an Si...then you tell us and STD!

WTF DAVE!?

Who cares what he could possibly get. When you get it post pics. and whatever it is Ill crush him at a open track even mainly becuase he can't drive.
Werd. Needs more growing up and some track time B4 an upgrade in power me thinks.
Oh he's getting an SI.

WTF DAVE!?

i didn't tell you jack. derek make a joke about mexicans and wheels, and i replied si, which is spanish for yes.

pete needs more common sense!

as for the rest of you, STFU! don't be haters of the mexican! just for your attitude, i'm going to personally make sure he owns the fastest car of the egl crew.
I got a suggestion....instead of me driving out there for a meet....everyone drive HERE!
hey, what's wrong with toledo????? lol i actually dont think that's such a bad idea. there's a really good mexican restaurant called el camino's that has really good margaritas!!! and lots of parking, too i saw the poll though, and i voted for elizabeth park. sounds like a good place where we could all hang out and bring our own beverages and stuff
We can have one at my dad's office in Plymouth....its a parking lot. Thats all I got.

-Tim

P.S. Who ever brought over 12 pack of budlight cans to my house on Sunday, I'm having one.

Originally posted by LocoGSR:
I got a suggestion....instead of me driving out there for a meet....everyone drive HERE!

Yeah right Hector I'll tell you what, when we come out there this summer, set something up and I'll show up...well I'll be there already, but I'll go
I like the Logans idea because of how it was presented, no offense to the Elizabeth park

the crazy mexican is about to get a car that will put the smack down on most of the egl crew!

Well when he gets it, then we will see. I will race no matter what. Its the driver not hte car in some cases.
""cough""

By the way what year and is it stock??

Logans sounds good!!
I beat a Duratec mystique with my mom's 4 banger corolla.

Cause its an auto, and u drive your manual svt at 16.1's

DAMN!
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

i got to Chicago Far more than you ever come here,

PS ill be there this weekend again

i got itno 15's and you should know milan is a [censored] track, esp on high school nats

i got itno 15's and you should know milan is a [censored] track, esp on high school nats

Yeah, but I still managed a 15.8 there, with a 2.4 60' and all stock SE manifolds and Tb!
alex will be well into the 13's by the end of 2006 with any luck.

So tell us about this car?? I am intersted!!

I didn;t say that to be harsh alex. i was just messen homie.

ya so 13's makes you the fastest? OK can daddy buy me a car too?

ya so 13's makes you the fastest? OK can daddy buy me a car too?

??? daddys car beats my car. ahh man. i guess i will go get my dads car now
Exactly...If someone's willing to buy me a car, I would definitely let them. I'm not gonna [censored] if someone's parents buy them a car, it's not like I'd say, "No, Mom and Dad, I should pay for it." I'd take a new car over my 96 any day (well depending exactly what kind it is).
This thread needs less talk about SRT-4's.
I think we should have this in my van down by the river
This thread has nothing to do with SRT-4's
I must say in alex's defense, hes a good student and a straight edged behaved kid.
This thread has nothing to do with SRT-4's

Yeah, no sh$t
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
I must say in alex's defense, hes a good student and a straight edged behaved kid.

And ripe for corruption...

Don't post unless you have something bad to say.. sheesh... who taught you how to use the interweb?
Hey barge, Did u eventually get enough people to order the tuner kit. SO u can tune our cars??

At the meet we would have a afternoon of test drive and tuning!!!

I tried so hard! He refused beer. Free beer at that. Beer and Halo 2 online, who refuses that!?

Originally posted by Pudmunkie: I must say in alex's defense, hes a good student and a straight edged behaved kid.

Don't post unless you have something bad to say.. sheesh... who taught you how to use the interweb?

Sorry
Never give a beginner beer... its an aquired taste developped over time. Kids need candy... catch my drift?
i'm straightedged, that's it.
i'm straightedged, that's it.

Be honest u are gay though right

well, if power corrupts, then he will be severely corrupted veddy soon. beehotches!
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
This park sounds like a good idea, now heres the question, will the rest of the CEG travel down there

Where exactly is it? What building is it next too? mapquest?
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:

Where exactly is it? What building is it next too? mapquest?

It is here:

Click here for the Map

Next to a river across from an island. haha.
What about actuallydriving cars? Straight to Hell! Saturday or Sunday morning and then lunch at the Dam Site Inn. The first trip out there was one of the best meets ever. It included hanging around a pakring lot talking about cars, eating lunch while talking about cars, and actually driving cars. mystgrm's (sp?, Mark's orignal screen name) newly, and only, at that time blown flyby with dougefresh was funny too; where's that video at???????????

3/25,26 or 4/8,9? In between is Madness in Indy...
Hey barge, Did u eventually get enough people to order the tuner kit. SO u can tune our cars??

Didn't get all that much interest.. maybe 3 or 4 people seems serious about it. I'm still deciding what I want to do since it's a decent size investment for a type of car I don't even own.

Didn't get all that much interest.. maybe 3 or 4 people seems serious about it. I'm still deciding what I want to do since it's a decent size investment for a type of car I don't even own.

well let me know if u decide to go forward with this!!

I am still thinking about logans??
I went to one of those, but I'm not sure if its the same one your referring to Mark. It was set up by the SVTOA and was in the fall of 2000 or something. We also had one of our YEB's that included Tims old ride breaking a rear brake line and a bunch of us, about 15 or so, parked on this side street. Everyone came out of their house to see what was going on, that was pretty cool I like driving meets, thats why I drive 600 miles down to the Dragon every year because of the people you meet down there, the food you get to eat and not to mention that road BTW I'd like to see you make that run this year Mark, what do you think
I would be in for pretty much anything as long as it is within michigan.
what about something on Belle Isle, is that where the old race track is?
the Detroit Yacht Club is also on that island, and i used to work there, so i could try and see if i can get us anything set up there food-wise (it's a tad expensive...). or, as that's right across from downtown, i'm sure there are plenty of places we could go, there.

just another suggestion, as i see some people would like a driving meet.
Never give a beginner beer... its an aquired taste developped over time. Kids need candy... catch my drift?

disarono..... its like liquid alcoholic candy
Originally posted by Trapps:
What about actuallydriving cars? Straight to Hell! Saturday or Sunday morning and then lunch at the Dam Site Inn. The first trip out there was one of the best meets ever. It included hanging around a pakring lot talking about cars, eating lunch while talking about cars, and actually driving cars. mystgrm's (sp?, Mark's orignal screen name) newly, and only, at that time blown flyby with dougefresh was funny too; where's that video at???????????

3/25,26 or 4/8,9? In between is Madness in Indy...

Lets wait till its warmer and less likely to be wet or cold to do that. I also want to go check the roads out before having a cruise just to avoid construction, major road damage, etc.

-Mark
To early for Belle Isle, lets wait for the weather to warm up
so i'm gonna go ahead and revive this one.

where does everyone stand here?
start putting together a date, time? decide on where it might actually be?

everyone seems to have forgotten...
weather should be getting nice in a couple weeks. You know what they say in like a lion, out like a lamb.
Originally posted by stocksvtcontour:
weather should be getting nice in a couple weeks. You know what they say in like a lion, out like a lamb.

BBQ

End of March can be sunny and nice...or sunny and snow...

In like a Lion and out like a lamb or vice versa

You don't say?!?!
March 26th Elizabeth park, 12:00 ??
March 26th Elizabeth park, 12:00 ??

sure. we can make it a going away party for my car.
© CEG Archives