Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 01:42 AM
anyone here in SEMI have a tool to get the center caps off Konig wheels? i just blew a tire today on Cherry Hill, and i've got my winter tires ready to go on, but when i bought my car, that's the one tool he didn't give to me for the wheels.
it's a 5-point star with rounded tips on the star, and a dot in the center.

i really really need this...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 02:01 AM
If it's a torx bit with the nipple in the middle you can buy sets of those at murray's, at least we can out here, for about $5
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 02:09 AM
torx is 6 points, isn't it?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 01:05 PM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
torx is 6 points, isn't it?

That is correct.
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 03:16 PM
so that doesn't help me, i'm looking for 5 with the <snicker> nipple <snicker>
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 03:21 PM
Might have to give discount tire a call.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 03:23 PM
Go to a place that sells tools.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 03:56 PM
Torx also comes in a 5 point version with a protrusion from the center of the Torx cavity - it's called security Torx. You may have difficulty in obtaining the tool as Camcar (the company that created Torx) makes it difficult for the average Joe to get it.

Torx Plus
Posted By: RyeLou Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 04:01 PM
I agree with Mark. Any Belle Tire or Discount will be able to get them off.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
Torx also comes in a 5 point version with a protrusion from the center of the Torx cavity - it's called security Torx. You may have difficulty in obtaining the tool as Camcar (the company that created Torx) makes it difficult for the average Joe to get it.

Torx Plus

I work for TFS...
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 04:26 PM
What's your point?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
What's your point?

Ummmm, whats your point?
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 05:34 PM
My point was that Torx comes in 5 and 6 point flavors. You seem to think they only come in 6. If you work for TFS I would have thought you would have known that 5 and 6 point versions existed. Now maybe Camcar (or maybe more correctly TFS) sells the drivers for the security version to the general public since it has been around for a while, but their intent was to control the drivers for the security version by limiting who they sold the drivers to. Therefore he may have difficulty finding a readily available driver. If he can find one, fantastic.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 06:09 PM
Ummmm, because I work for TFS means I know everything about freaking torx? Uhhhhhhhhhh, no... But thanks. I know fasteners, not every single drive system known to man.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 06:42 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Ummmm, because I work for TFS means I know everything about freaking torx? Uhhhhhhhhhh, no... But thanks. I know fasteners, not every single drive system known to man.

you're the one that brought up that you work for them!!

hdbngr8 - 1
rawburt - 0wned!

Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 06:47 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

hdbngr8 - 1
rawburt - 0wned!

I guess I did deserve that. But all I meant by it is that, I simply work for them...

Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 06:59 PM

hdbngr8 - 1
rawburt - 0wned!

I guess I did deserve that. But all I meant by it is that, I simply work for them...

Everyone, mark this day on your calendars. Someone actually got owned and didn't start a bunch of pointless banter... there is hope for us afterall.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:25 PM
Go me! Go me! No, all seriousness aside, I was not trying to bash you Rawburt. I apologize for coming off rather abrasive.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:26 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

Everyone, mark this day on your calendars. Someone actually got owned and didn't start a bunch of pointless banter... there is hope for us afterall.

i'm actually somewhat proud of young grasshopper. i can remember the old days when he would get bent out of shape when someone busted his chops. he is progressing well. soon he will get the keys to steeda's mom's bedroom.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:28 PM
lmao!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:29 PM
i'm actually somewhat proud of young grasshopper. i can remember the old days when he would get bent out of shape when someone busted his chops. he is progressing well. soon he will get the keys to steeda's mom's bedroom.

I've always wondered about Steeda's mother, wooohooooo!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:32 PM

I've always wondered about Steeda's mother, wooohooooo!

bah, you let me down.

the correct response was "keys?? i thought her bedroom door was a turnstile?"

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:33 PM
For mentioning steeda's mom...rawburt needs to post pics of his young gf.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:35 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
For mentioning steeda's mom...rawburt needs to post pics of his young gf.

pete, you're too young to be a dirty old man!!

me on the other hand.... LETS SEE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 07:49 PM
Pete, you've met the chick that I am currently with. Now no more talk of my relationships... Im starting to feel like stazjammir, aliasjerk and steeda with their sorrorful women posts.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 08:04 PM
Pete, you've met the chick that I am currently with. Now no more talk of my relationships... Im starting to feel like stazjammir, aliasjerk and steeda with their sorrorful women posts.

DAMN! You can talk to because you keep that shiza off the boards...unlike um...yeah, I'm not gonna be able to post for a while guys...I just can't deal with CEG right now.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 09:09 PM
How about you Justin Timberlake wannabe's cry me a friggin river!

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
How about you Justin Timberlake wannabe's cry me a friggin river!

Mark

Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: [censored]!!! - 11/30/05 11:46 PM
im' gonna go ahead and re-take control of this thread by saying that it's all taken care of.

yup.

all done, i improvised with a flathead. worked just fine.
turns out though, that one of my wheels got slightly mis-shaped when i hit the sewer grate that popped my wheel on Cherry Hill. (it was kinda stupid, i drive down that road all the time, but yesterday it blows my tire? i guess there was some shard of cement or something sticking out...)

i know the tires are covered under any damage whatsoever, so i'll have new Parada's come spring, and the Euro T/A's will do just fine over the winter, but hopefully stuff like potholes are covered under the Konigs' warranty, cuz then i can at least get that one replaced.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: [censored]!!! - 12/01/05 05:33 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

DAMN! You can talk to because you keep that shiza off the boards...unlike um...yeah, I'm not gonna be able to post for a while guys...I just can't deal with CEG right now.

HAHAHAHAHA [censored] Laugh it up.... There was more than just that reason. Not that i need to defend myself. Lots of [censored] was going on between that nonsense(which really what that whole situation was), school, Family BS etc etc..

So the hell with all of you IM moving.. LOL
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: [censored]!!! - 12/01/05 01:23 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! haha
Posted By: Steeda. Re: [censored]!!! - 12/01/05 04:33 PM
Your lucky im Sick Bastard!

I hate you mark!
© CEG Archives