Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Can a Moderator please put a sticky on this, thank you.

Ok, we'll call this the "End of July Meet" since well it's the last day of July.
Anyhow...

Where: Quaker Steak in Avon, Ohio (address and other info in original thread)

When: July 31st Sunday

Time: Around 1pm or 2pm to ???? (always a good thing to get there early you know)

Ok I'll start the list on who is gonna be there.

Just copy and paste the list and keep going, lets see how many people we can get to go lets show the Michigan guys we can have a good time too.

1. Jason/mystique97
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow

Originally posted by TheeSVTShow:
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl

Originally posted by CrazyCarl:
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl
5. Tom/wa2tuff

This is great, I hope to keep getting more people going.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl
5. Tom/wa2tuff
6. Rod/2kSVT

Originally posted by 2kSVT:
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl
5. Tom/wa2tuff
6. Rod/2kSVT
7. Kevin/racerbox77

1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl
5. Tom/wa2tuff
6. Rod/2kSVT
7. Kevin/racerbox77
8. Keith/99SEsport2004
bump
bump

What does that mean anyhow when someone does that?
Just keeps the thread fresh and on top. As in "Bump" it up. Used to be "TTT" standing for "To The Top."

About the meet, if I am not stuck working that Sunday or too hung over from the my friend's wedding the night before, I will try and make it.
Oh ok, I was wonderin why people kept putting "bump" on their posts, now I know, thanks.
Anyhow hope you make it out to the meet. I'll be askin for that day off this week sometime.
I would love to come,but i have a GL,instead of a svt,I have alot of plans for the car but can,t do much before you have the svt contour meet.Is this a SVT contour meet only. Thank,s Jerry. hondaman928@yahoo.com my e-mail name comes from racing mx bikes.Thank,s for your time,could you E-MAIL me an let me know who is invited. Thank,s again.
Jerry this is a CEG meet all Contour owners (and yes trolls) are invited. You are more then welcome to come to the meet, the more the better.
This is not a CSVT meet, I'm the one who pretty much started it, and I drive a Mystique as you can see in my screen name.
Hope to see you there.

Email sent to Jerry.
This is probably about the time I'll be at Stazi's (having headers installed), but we'll see. I gotta stop putting the miles on my tour
Originally posted by Pre98:
This is probably about the time I'll be at Stazi's (having headers installed), but we'll see. I gotta stop putting the miles on my tour

I've thought about that too, especially after SZ05 and Carlisle 2 weeks later, but I do love driving my car!!! I can't just sit and look at it, I have to be moving. It's just so much fun!
Hey not bad guys, 8 people so far, hey guys just a suggestion, put a notice in your sig. about the meet, like I did.
Originally posted by mystique97:
bump

Umm slight little tiny problamo....Wa2tuff and I visited Quaker two Saturdays ago (ps his ride is lookin fantabulous!), and well I got there before him and tried to get into the show-off/awesome car parking lot and the flag guys weren't having it. When Wa2tuff showed, he pulled right on it, but again if you have seen his car you would know why. My car is pretty much bone stock for looks, just a few goodies.

What I am trying to say is that, unless you have a really sharp looking ride they aren't gonna let you park with all the big dogs. This doesn't mean we can't have the meet there, we just have to park in a line outside QSL (there is a side road that is right in front of it where they let people park), or at the parking lot next door to it, but either way we should still all park together. I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion, but here goes again: The meet is still on, I am happy we have 8 people signed up to go already, we need more people! we probably won't be able to park in the show lot that Sunday unless the flaggers think you ride is "sweet" lookin (no joke that's what he told me), instead we should all park together in front of QSL, or at the Diner they are bulding next door.

By the way this might explain why they didn't want my SVT eating up space: A brand new Ford GT (not selling for less than $300,000.00) pulled up with a pack of Vipers, and there was the usual fancy display of Stangs, Camaros, Vettes, Evo's, some Eclipses, and of course a SVT Contour. There were many other that I didn't mention but you get the idea. The lot was packed for Father's Day. Well hope this helps.

THE MEET IS STILL ON!!
Well I can tell you already, my car won't be parked in the "nice" car parking lot, mine looks kinda rough, if you seen it in the pics, don't let them fool you. .
Lets just all try to park together so it'll look right if you know what I mean. We are a group so we'll stick together no matter what, eh guys.
Next day I work I'm gonna ask for that day off, and start looking for a new/used spring for my car.
Hey Dave (theesvtshow) the idea in the last thread meeting at your place or somewhere would be kind of a good idea so we can arrive there at the same time. Also parking a little ways from the place so we don't all get separated would be a good idea too.
Also maybe have the person that's more far away (probably me ) from the place start out and keep meeting other members along the way.
Also if we do that who all on here as Walky Talkies (2 way radios) we could use that idea instead of using cell phones (driving and dialing at the same time=PITA) I got a set of Motorola 2 way radios.

Come on guys we need to get this one rolling.
the idea of meeting together and rolling in all at once is a good idea. right across the highway is a giant eagle that we can meet at.
I think we shall all meet at my house first. My home is about 3 minutes from the highway exit (not complicated at all), and then I think I am about 17-20 minutes from QSL at regular speed . Having a bunch of Tours parked outside my house will look real nice! This way we can all roll out at the same time and we don't leave any ducklings behind. I also have two Motorola two ways. So if we meet up at my house we can swap radios then, and roll out together. I am not trying to take the decision of this meet into my hands, just an idea and it seems pretty good this way. Wa2tuff might be burning some gas to get to my house because it is such a lonnnnnnng trip to my house then back out to Quaker haha. I figured if we were going to meet at my house people should arrive around 12:00 PM then as soon as everyone is there we can go up and grab some food from QSL. Ok let me know what you fellow Tourists and Stiquers think.

ps My friend Amy wanted me to include this face because she wanted me too so here it is
First,,is amy hot..and secondly..where od u live in Cleveland?

ps My "friend" Amy wanted me to include this face because she wanted me too so here it is

Fixed

haha, just messin man, havin a little fun. Yeah that's a good idea, to keep together as a group, I'll have to get my spring before then, my dad probably won't let me go and I can see that, that broken spring is ANNOYING! Gonna call up Steve Tousley, from Tousley Ford, in Minnesota, see about gettin a front suspension spring for the Stique, (he also gives out discounts if anybody don't know yet, here is the link) just tell him you seen the posts on svtperformance, and he'll give you the discount. I'm gonna call him sometime this week for a spring, I'm hoping they are open on Monday, but I doubt it, well wish me luck guys. Hope to see you all at the meet.
bump

Found me a new spring for the Stique for $36, I'm gonna order it in the next day or so. So I should have it done by then. Also no more annoying sound while driving.
Hey Dave, whats your address so we know how to get to your house, and meet up.
3 weeks to go guys lets make this happen, I'm getting really close to getting a spring for the Stique. either gonna order it tomorrow or Monday.
Hey Dave, whats your address so we know how to get to your house, and meet up.
3 weeks to go guys lets make this happen, I'm getting really close to getting a spring for the Stique. either gonna order it tomorrow or Monday.

Hey for everyone that is going please pm me for my address. Sorry it took me so long, just having dial up internet sucks right now.
Wa2tuff might be burning some gas to get to my house because it is such a lonnnnnnng trip to my house then back out to Quaker haha.

ps My friend Amy wanted me to include this face because she wanted me too so here it is

I have to do inventory on Sunday. We should be done around 11AM or 12PM so I'll still be able to go but I won't be able to meet at your house. You'll have to save me a spot.

PS. If your "friend" Amy is the one I met at the meet we drove to together last year--yes, she is hot. IIRC, she's the perfect woman--she likes football, beer, fast cars, and she's hawt, what more could you ask for??
That's fine, I will save you a spot next to me!! I said it first! Haha. We are gonna have to park at the Diner's lot next to QSL I think or right out on that street right in front.

That was a different girl that you met last yeaar. I haven't talked to her in a while though
well one things for sure- if your car is lowered like mine you wont be able to park across the street from Quaker because they make you drive over a curb and park in the dusty field. I was there about 3 weeks ago with my buddy who has a mint 93 Mustang Cobra and they wouldnt let him park in the show BUT they let my modded SVT in???? WTF. AND last year I still had my Saleen and the guy gave me crap about parking in the show. I had to school him on Saleens and they let me in. azzholes!

which sunday again? the last one in July?
Originally posted by racerbox77:

Yep the 31st.
Ok guys, update on my suspension spring problem. The spring came in today, and I am going to make an opointment to get it put on and get the car aligned for sometime next week, hopefully Monday.This weekend, I'm going to probably change my tranny fluid and check other fluids, (I think my brake fluid is low) so I should see you all at the meet on the 31st.
well one things for sure- if your car is lowered like mine you wont be able to park across the street from Quaker because they make you drive over a curb and park in the dusty field. I was there about 3 weeks ago with my buddy who has a mint 93 Mustang Cobra and they wouldnt let him park in the show BUT they let my modded SVT in???? WTF. AND last year I still had my Saleen and the guy gave me crap about parking in the show. I had to school him on Saleens and they let me in. azzholes!

It depends on what genius is working the simple job of flaggin people in. The one time some guy tried to get me to park up there and I had him take a closer look at the car, and he changed his mind. I saw an older eclipse take it's front clip almost completely off. The "street" between the field (you are thinking of) and QSL is one of our options, but we would have to park past the motorcycles. Or our other option is parking at the Diner they are building next door. We techinically can park in the show lot if we get there real early and leave our cars there through some of the show as well.
The "street" between the field (you are thinking of) and QSL is one of our options, but we would have to park past the motorcycles. Or our other option is parking at the Diner they are building next door. We techinically can park in the show lot if we get there real early and leave our cars there through some of the show as well.

It sounds like you plan on getting there between 1PM and 2PM. If you're there that early, wouldn't there be room in the area where I parked a couple weeks ago? Or are people there that early?

Sounds funny me asking you these questions.....I've lived here long enough to remember when QSL was a field. Just never went there too much before.
The "street" between the field (you are thinking of) and QSL is one of our options, but we would have to park past the motorcycles. Or our other option is parking at the Diner they are building next door. We techinically can park in the show lot if we get there real early and leave our cars there through some of the show as well.

It sounds like you plan on getting there between 1PM and 2PM. If you're there that early, wouldn't there be room in the area where I parked a couple weeks ago? Or are people there that early?

Sounds funny me asking you these questions.....I've lived here long enough to remember when QSL was a field. Just never went there too much before.

I am sure if we get there between 1 and 2 we will most definitely be able to park in the showoff parking lot. I am just thinking when all the hot rods and muscle cars start piling up they are gonna want us to make room. I say who cares let's just park where we feel, and if they really want us to move them later they will have to hunt us down later. I have always been up for the actual QSL lot, how does everyone else feel?
Well shoot, lets try to get there by 12 then, hey they can't move us, if they try, we were there first anyhow. That wouldn't be fare, and they gotta remember, the customer is always right.
Same here. I'll be there as soon as I can after my inventory or noon, whichever comes first.
I am confused, I know Wa2tuff can't make it but is everyone still meeting at my house around noon or 11 AM or what's going on?
I'll meet at your house, dunno about anyone else. I hope they didn't back down a few weeks before this.
ill meet at ur house
i have to work till 5 so i wont be there till around 6. so i guess ill just park in the show (if they let me) and then find the other tours.
How far is this from Dayton/Cincy area? Are there any other southwest Ohio peeps making the trek with me?

You punks know who you are!

Rod
i have to work till 5 so i wont be there till around 6. so i guess ill just park in the show (if they let me) and then find the other tours.

Glad to hear you are thinking about joining, I am gonna PM you my cell number and addy, anyone else let me know.
1. Jason/mystique97
2. Brett/Stylin550
3. Dave/TheeSVTShow
4. Carl/CrazyCarl
5. Tom/wa2tuff
6. Rod/2kSVT
7. Kevin/racerbox77
8. Keith/99SEsport2004
9. Ryan/bigbenny358/Buckeye Barbeque
Whoo hoo another one, hey Ryan, PM theesvtshow and ask for his address and all that cuz we are gonna be meeting at his house, then going to Quaker from there. See ya there.
Ok some new updates about the QSL situation:
I took a buddy up there today to grab some dinner (he was up from NC), and a guy came by to ask us how the food was and stuff. I told him about the meet and asked if we could park in the show lot, and he said there is really no way he could allow it because of the large volume of classic cars and some have special reserved spots, on top of the multiple other highly modified vehicles. He has no problem with us parking at the diner (obviously because it's off his property), and when we walked in we could all sit together. Here are the plans: for people that want to meet up at my house please try and get there between 11AM-12:30PM. We should try and leave my house by 12:30-1:00PM to get up there around 1:30PM. That way for those of you that want to just meet us there we will already be over there by 2PM for sure. So far it looks like we will ask for a table big enough for 9. We should probably just hang out and get drinks until everyone meets us there hopefully by 2-2:30PM, then we can order food together. We eat and bs for a while, then make fun of other cars, and mine. We then proceed to look at other cars that show up (but most of them won't be there until around 4ish I think). From there who knows, the times are important though. Anyone have any other different ideas? Please fill me in.
sounds good.....when bs we must look at my car and see what i need to fix, i think it will be a jolly good time doin that, in fact lets bring a lift and tools and a 3l with adc turbo kit( someone else has to bring it im poor) and make me a kick ass car, now that im done dreamin yeah ur plan sounds good
I pm'd theesvtshow, Ill be meeting at his house before. Also, my buddy has a 96 sho with a pretty nice paint job (changes like 7 different colors) that he is trying to sell. He is going to follow me up there.
Sounds cool, at least we'll have a lot of guys showing up, the more the merrier. See ya'll Sunday, we're meeting at your house around 12ish right Dave?
Sounds cool, at least we'll have a lot of guys showing up, the more the merrier. See ya'll Sunday, we're meeting at your house around 12ish right Dave?

Great I am glad to see we have even more interested. The times I am hoping that people will stop by is between 11AM- and 12:30PM to meet at my house. If you would like to meet earlier I am up for it, just let me know, my cousin might bring his WRX with us, I don't know yet it's in the air for him. There really won't be much to do at my house other than just chill outside and wait for everyone too meet up, but we will make it a great time.
My boss wanted to do the inventory after the store closed on Sunday. I told him (nicely), no way!! So now, it's back to the AM so I should be out by noon or so. Lookin forward to Sunday. So far, according to Goddard, it's gonna be a great day. Usually it does the opposite of what he says. Hope he's right this time.
So far, according to Goddard, it's gonna be a great day. Usually it does the opposite of what he says. Hope he's right this time.

I got faith in Dick, he has been in the weather business for how long now?

He probably can tell what the weather is gonna be with a stick.
So far, according to Goddard, it's gonna be a great day. Usually it does the opposite of what he says. Hope he's right this time.

Sticks it out the window. If it comes back wet, it's raining. If it comes back dry, it's not raining.

Sticks it out the window. If it comes back wet, it's raining. If it comes back dry, it's not raining.

Haha gotta love it....
my dad just informed me that he wants to go on our boat saturday and sunday plus my girlfriend is going out of town so she wont come with me. i have a friend with a 97 mystique zetec mtx, its totally stock but im gonna ask her if she wants to join. shes not on ceg either.
Hey, if shes hot she is in..if not thats fine too...lol...hey im 20, i constantly need poonan.....lol
Originally posted by 99SEsport2004:
i have a friend with a 97 mystique zetec mtx, its totally stock but im gonna ask her if she wants to join. shes not on ceg either.

Hey, bring her. Another pretty face beside mine. Hahahahaha

We can use all the help we can get.
This is way out of left field here but would anyone be interested into going up to Norwalk Raceway first then to Quaker? I know this is really late but it would be cool to have a little meet there run a couple drags and then come back to QSL for food. Again I know this is really late but I don't want to confuse anyone either, just an idea check. I think it would be pretty cool to go up and run some times.
Also from what I gathered, these are the people that are coming to my house before we go out to Quaker:

1.imnotacop420
2. CrazyCarl
3. 2kSVT
4. mystique97
5. 99SEsport2004
and me!

Let me know what times you are thinkin to show up so I know when to expect you, type times by your names up top and submit. Thanks guys.
Also from what I gathered, these are the people that are coming to my house before we go out to Quaker:

1.imnotacop420
2. CrazyCarl
3. 2kSVT not sure,it's a 425 mile round trip for me
4. mystique97
5. 99SEsport2004
and me!

Let me know what times you are thinkin to show up so I know when to expect you, type times by your names up top and submit. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by 2kSVT:

1.imnotacop420
2. CrazyCarl 1115-1130
4. mystique97
5. 99SEsport2004
and me!

well by the looks of it now i wont be able to go. my dad wants to go on our boat around noon. sorry guys...maybe next year.....
Sucks man, was lookin forward to seein you there.
I'm all ready for the meet tho, car is all cleaned up, but unfortunatly my luck I accidentally drove it thru a construction zone tonite and it got all dusty in the rear end. Oh well, it's not that bad.
See ya'll tomorrow.
Come on man, is this the only Sunday you can go on the boat? You've had the whole summer to go boating. It's a one time deal with this (at least this year). Sounds like you're the only one who has keys. We'll forgive you this time as long as your female friend with the Mystique mtx comes in your place.
Great the car will be outside when you are looking for my house see you guys in 10 hours!
1.imnotacop420 about 12
2. CrazyCarl
4. mystique97
5. 99SEsport2004

ill be coming up with my buddy and his sho. Also, seen another svt at the local saturday night car show in brunswick.......gave him my number and told him to hit up quaker steak today. Time to put the finishing touches on my car!!!!!!
I am running out to the car wash real quick and back, If you guys want to wash your cars when you get out here bring $8 for basic wash and $11 for premium. See you all in a bit
Thanks everybody for making this an awesome meet. I am getting the pictures together right now and will hopefully have them posted real soon.
I had a good time, it was nice meeting you guys. Hope to see you all some time again. I got the pics I took uploaded and I'm going to post them on my cardomain tomorrow don't feel like it tonite.
I posted the pics from the meet yesterday on my cardomain just now. Here is the link to the page with the pictures.
well i guess i was too late. i got out of work late. i got to Quaker around 8pm. no contours in sight. damn
I'm sure there will be another meet here before winter rolls around. We had a pretty good time, got to see some nice cars there. I left around 6-6:30ish, got back to Ashland at about a quarter til 8, (thanks for the suggestion on what road to take coming back to Ashland guys, worked out really well) Hope to do something like this again, and hope to see all of you again and hopefully more will show up next time.
I just checked out your site. The pics turned out pretty good!!! After I got back we went for a nice cruise in the SHO....if only I had the money to buy it. If you know anyone interested PM me I can get you in touch with the guy who is selling it

that was a good time....we do need to do it again
Yeah again it was an awesome time. Sorry bout the shifter blowing on the highway, it's temporarily fixed, whatever that means....
Here are the pictures I snapped:

QSL Meet
Sorry I didn't make it guys. Sounds like it was a good time.
I really was not crazy about a 400 mile drive. If you plan the next one more central like Columbus, alot of us Dayton/Cincy guys will be there. Looks like it was a good time,again sorry I didn't make it.

Rod
Hey no problem we can make another meet closer for you guys. This one was on the top of my head when we were throwing out ideas and it worked. I wouldn't be too crazy about a 400 mile trip either, but it all depends. The nezt meet should be around that area, that way we can get more people to show.
I'm sure there will be another meet here before winter rolls around. We had a pretty good time, got to see some nice cars there. I left around 6-6:30ish, got back to Ashland at about a quarter til 8, (thanks for the suggestion on what road to take coming back to Ashland guys, worked out really well) Hope to do something like this again, and hope to see all of you again and hopefully more will show up next time. .

Unfortunately, those are words that are repeated way too often. There will be a die-hard core of people who always show up and then there are the ones who say they'll be there, but never do. Hopefully, that won't be the case for us. It's always good to put faces with the names. Only problem I have is my memory sucks. Anyway, it was good to meet you guys and I look forward to the next time we can get together.
I'm sure there will be another meet here before winter rolls around. We had a pretty good time, got to see some nice cars there. I left around 6-6:30ish, got back to Ashland at about a quarter til 8, (thanks for the suggestion on what road to take coming back to Ashland guys, worked out really well) Hope to do something like this again, and hope to see all of you again and hopefully more will show up next time. .

Unfortunately, those are words that are repeated way too often. There will be a die-hard core of people who always show up and then there are the ones who say they'll be there, but never do. Hopefully, that won't be the case for us. It's always good to put faces with the names. Only problem I have is my memory sucks. Anyway, it was good to meet you guys and I look forward to the next time we can get together.

Hey Wa2tuff remember me? I am the one with the T-Red one, I am Dave, parked next to you, lol.
Hey fellas. Sorry I couldn't make it. But just like I thought would happen, I got screwed into working. Plus I would hate to be there will all your nice cars and mine with a screwed up rear bumper. Anyways, I will be moving back to Akron at the end of this month so I will pretty much be right in between any meets you guys decide to have. Especially any at Summit Racing. Its a 5 minute drive from my house. Lucky lucky me. lol. I should have my bumper repaired by the next one and maybe some more goodies.
Hey, I gotta idea, we can make one on my birthday (Sept. 10th), lol J/K.

Maybe we can shoot for late Sept. early-mid Oct.? for the next one. Maybe just maybe I might have somethings done, not sure yet. I'm hoping I will have some things done to the Mystique, before the next meet.

Oh yeah Tom, I too have a bad memory I know faces pretty well but not names, if I see someone I met once or twice, (gotta hear there name a lot too so I know who it is) if I don't know their name real well and see them it's like, "hey I know that person" lol.
I was the one with the Teal Mystique.
© CEG Archives