Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 03/09/05 04:18 PM
Mark your calendars for the weekend of 7/23/05!! This would be a great spot for a CEG Meet!

Last year we tried to have a meet at this event, but the only people who showed up were hitman & todras. The event had over 100 cars each day, more then 20 Cobra R's, charity laps in a Ford GT, and a preproduction '05 Mustang GT.

This year the SVT/Ford Racing Trailer will be there with display vehicles, merchandise, etc.

There are a ton of good restaurants in the area, plus many back country roads great for a late afternoon funrun.

Entry to the track is free, however to run on the track requires pre-registration and an upfront fee. For registration info contact Mark wilson at mwilson7@comcast.net

Click here For GingerMan Raceway's website

Click here for more pics from last years event

-Mark
Originally posted by WorldTour:
but the only people who showed up were hitman & todras.

Eeeek

Anyway, it sounds fun. Very interested... *marks calender*
Sounds like fun! If you dont mind me asking, Im not to familiar with Gingerman raceway....where is it?
South Haven Michigan, about a 2hr 45min drive west. It's really close to Lake Michigan (beach community)

Definately a nice area to visit.

-Mark
sounds like fun.
I definitely want to go......can I race?
Ya, do we get to toss the tour around the track?

I would if i had an accusump set up

Mark are you going to be there? Might have to go just to say whats up, and buy myself some nice SVT gear
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Ya, do we get to toss the tour around the track?

I would if i had an accusump set up

Mark are you going to be there? Might have to go just to say whats up, and buy myself some nice SVT gear

Time to get Konis and Ground Controls!
Takeing that weekend off, put me down as a Hell yeah.
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Gotta figure out where we staying at on Sat. night!
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Gotta figure out where we staying at on Sat. night!

perhaps Rogers? haha

~Alex
Quote:

Time to get Konis and Ground Controls!

Koni's and Bat's good enough
I'll have Koni and B&G, i hope i can go, what's the cost/requirements to race?

~Alex
What do you need?

Drivers License
Proof of insurance? "HUUUWHAT?"
Proof of insurance? "HUUUWHAT?"
Proof of insurance..? "YYEEAAAA"

sorry i had to.

A helmet

what else?
SVT badge?
I'll be there for sure
Well its in July, I think I can take the weekend off of work to go to this. I'm willing to caravan with any of you guys from SE MI. Where is the registration page? Or should I just email that dude and ask him lol.
im have a 98 csvt and i would like to go to this meet. i would be willing to caravan. that would be cool
well i live in south lyon, mi so if anyone arond the area wants to meet just let me know
Hey Guys! My name is Mark Wilson and I'm running the event at Gingerman on 7/23-7/24. WorldTour recommended that I come on and try to answer any questions that you might have regarding this event.

First off registration can be done online at www.driverregistration.com and you can pay with a credit card. After you create a quick profile it's quite an easy system to work with. Don't bother trying to register for the BBQ as that link isn't working. You can sign up for that the day of the event if you would like.

What you need to run:
-$295
- Car
- SA-95 or newer helmet (NO M RATED HELMETS!!!!)
- Jeans, closed toed shoes and a long shirt (SVT Trailer sells shirts if you don't have one)
- Willingness to learn

If we have 15 or more Contours sign up for the event then we will put you all in the same run group (scary thought I know).

If your concerned about not being the fastest car on the track, don't be. That would be me! j/k Contours do just fine on the track and most owners are really surprised just how well their cars will do.

For those interested in just showing up and hanging out we will be doing parade laps at lunch which are just that. There is a car in front and a car in the back. This would give you an opportunity to see the track and bring your family out on the track with you. This IS NOT a chance for banzai runs.

Camping is available at the track for $5 per tent. They have hot showers and clean bathrooms and good food at the concession stand.

If you have any questions please feel free to post and I'll answer as best I can.

Look forward to seeing you guys/gals soon!
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra:

If we have 15 or more Contours sign up for the event then we will put you all in the same run group (scary thought I know).

Never going to happen. 80% of CEG=wannabe
Originally posted by todB-A-N-A-N-A-Sras:

...or Trolls I'm going to officially bow out of this one, sorry Mark, but the weather just doensn't look like its going to cooperate with us this weekend, I know, what a surprise, Memorial Day weekend in SE MI and the weather sucks
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by todB-A-N-A-N-A-Sras:

...or Trolls I'm going to officially bow out of this one, sorry Mark, but the weather just doensn't look like its going to cooperate with us this weekend, I know, what a surprise, Memorial Day weekend in SE MI and the weather sucks

Huh? this meet is in July...
Methinks Roger posted in the wrong thread, lol.

Fwiw, I think I may actually be able to make this one . . . I'll be keeping my fingers crossed . . .
I'd like too but 300 to race. Maybe I will just come and watch. What about riding with someone?
Do we still have to pay $295 if we want to participate in the parade lap only?

This sounds like a lot of fun
No, the $295 is how much it costs to run on the track for the weekend. Track entry is free amd I think the parade laps are too.
-Mark
I'll be there!
I just looked at the registration list, and I am the only Contour signed up. Surely another CSVT owner wants to shame some Cobra's!
Hmmmm I have a place in south haven...maybe I will show up.. but lol screw the 300$
but will let you all know for sure what is going on!!

party at my place!! WOOHOO
Just saw your profile - intern at Eaton (what was Vickers I'm assuming?). We have to talk - I used to work for the big V. I wonder if some of the old timers are still there?

Pay the money - it's worth every penny! Got beer?
yeah I think it used to be vickers...There are a lot of old timers there!!
AIM me SlvrSVT00

Fixed.
Originally posted by SlvrSVT00:
Hmmmm my parents or boyfriend has a place in south haven...

LMAO it is my parents but i have keys and can go when i want lol.. and I can claim it cause I found it!
lol dont hate Toodles!

Posted By: JAZMAN Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/04/05 09:52 PM
I'm not familiar with the SVTOA event format . . . Details please:

1. Does $295 get you one or two days of track time?

2. How are the run groups split up?

3. Are instructors available for novices?

4. Can drivers share cars?

5. Are passengers allowed?

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/05/05 01:52 PM
1. Two days
2. Track experience
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. If you are an instructor yes; otherwise no (you can sometimes take passengers on Parade laps but not at speed)
Posted By: SlvrSVT00_dup1 Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/12/05 03:05 AM
I am now registered 2nd contour!!! come on guys! hope to see you all there
Posted By: Barge Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/12/05 11:35 AM
Tempted to register the rice burner if I can get the funds together.... go whoop on some mustangs
Posted By: Steeda. Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/15/05 04:33 PM

Hmm Maybe ill go? I won't know anyone there though
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/15/05 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSan:

Hmm Maybe ill go? I won't know anyone there though

Yeah... Seriously though people need to come out for this. I'm heading out Friday morning and if anyone wants to cruise out with me or needs a place to stay shoot me a PM.

-Mark
Posted By: SlvrSVT00_dup1 Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/16/05 03:09 PM
Hey Mark, My Brother and I are heading out to South Haven friday after work I think a bunch of us should meet up somewhere friday night!
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: GingerMan Raceway Meet- 7/23/05 - 07/17/05 03:02 PM
Hey Mark, My Brother and I are heading out to South Haven friday after work I think a bunch of us should meet up somewhere friday night!

I'm down for that. I know most of the restaurants in the area, plus my parent own one of them so I'm sure we can find some place. Let me know what you want to do.
Ill prob be there around Noonish maybe on saturday?
Word on the Street is im gonna bring the bike!

You would.

You would.

yeah he better!

You would.

yeah he better!

What happens if i drive the SHO instead? HMMMMMM

You would.

yeah he better!

LOL to be honest you will probably be calling me from battle creek needing a lift! AHAHA jk

You would.

yeah he better!

LOL to be honest you will probably be calling me from battle creek needing a lift! AHAHA jk

LOL funny huh? just remember who fixes your car babe!

LOL funny huh? just remember who fixes your car
babe!

oh yeah crap! ::begging for forgiveness:: LOL

You would.

yeah he better!

LOL funny huh? just remember who fixes your car babe!

No comment
ya wTF did you do? [censored] eat Rally's in front of us? You didn't do a [censored] THING! STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO yeah!
1) I was Starving!!!
2) I got dirtier than you!
There's the people that know what they're doing...

and the people that do what they're told...

It takes both types
ya your the Do what there told type!!

You didn't do [censored] other than put on 2 wheels and i think im gonna have to redo them tonight..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHUT IT!
yeah grrr one almost fell off driving home
either get a room, or talk to each other during the 5 hours a day you three spend together.

ummm i haven't see Da Barge since saturday you Turd Burgalar!!
Ill be there Friday night..

Do i get to do a parade lap in the ZX-6R????????????

LOL i might take the SHO dependson the weather outlook..
What time Friday night do you think you'll get out there? I'll be out there mid day on Friday.
I'll let you know when Steeda and I are gonna be out there. Either Jason or I will give you a call friday night to let you know whats up.
Sounds cool to me.
Thanks to Worldtour for letting us know about this, We had a blast!

The SHO will more than likely be at the one in Putman park in IN next month either me driving it or both of us...
Pix?
Kristens brother has pics on his cam.. Not surprising that we both forgot our Camera's

The pics shall be posted when we get them

Ohh yes once again Thanks Worldtour for the ride! That car is Flat out amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GINGERMAN WAS AMAZING!! Slightly disapointed that more did not show up but the few of us who did from CEG had a blast!

lol my favorite quote from the weekend..
"HEY PHIL!! WHAT FELL OFF??"

NEVER GOOD TO HEAR ANYONE SAY THAT!!

Like Steeda said i will post pics as soon as i get them from my brother! thanks to worldtour and hdbngr and steeda for representing CEG!
can't wait til putnam park!
ok so i won't have pics until after august 4th at the earliest i went home before stopping at my brothers to get the pics.
Im pretty sure this can be unstickied....
Yeah, yeah, shut it...
© CEG Archives