Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho CEG ski club - 12/23/04 10:16 PM
Well guys, who's game for some snowboarding and skiing?

Todd, Kenny, stazi, mike?
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 01:15 AM
FO sheezy! You name the place *cough* BOYNE! and i'm there!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 03:26 AM
Just got home from Bitersweet. A little early because SOME GOD DAMN MOTHERFU[KER STOLE MY BOARD!!! CAN'T EVEN SEE STRAIGHT. THE ONE TIME I DON'T CHECK IT IN BECAUSE I'VE GOT TO PISS. 2-3 MINUTES AND IT'S GONE. Yea I needed to spend $650 for no reason. Yea Homeowners insurance with a $500 ded. On a Contour note I saw Mike's 95 blue SE with SVT rear and skirts in the parking lot. Bet that beatch yanked my shiz! j/k Mike if you still own the car.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 03:32 AM
That scares me, my new set up is worth uber dough. Sorry to hear about that.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 03:53 AM
Yea was only worth about $700 w/ bindings.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 02:53 PM
I'm game...

I just got my New Ski's, Bindings and Boots..
also
My new Burton Twin.. Just name the day
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/24/04 09:44 PM
I'm down. We gunna go get some rooms at Boyne again this year? I'm off until the 10th.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/25/04 02:33 AM
I went out today, DAMN this new board is a rocket.
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: CEG ski club - 12/25/04 03:56 AM
A group of people and I are going to Boyne the 27, 28 and 29th.
Posted By: beeven Re: CEG ski club - 12/25/04 04:10 AM
im all for it
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/25/04 04:11 AM
I might be up there around the same time.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/25/04 04:12 AM
Originally posted by todras:

I'm really sorry for what happened. Nothing more I can say.
Posted By: 2kSVT Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 02:56 AM
Hey guys,How far away is Boyne from Ohio? I live in Dayton(southwest border). I was born in Latrobe, PA, and learned to ski at Seven Springs. I ride a Morrow Spoon 153,and have been snow boarding for about 8 years. I have a grandma who lives 20 minutes from Seven Springs/Hidden Valley and Laurel Mountain is 3 minutes up the road! It is free to stay and all people I have taken in the past had a great time! I'm gonna plan a trip in the future if any one is interested. Sorry to hijack your thread

Rod
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 03:43 AM
Anyone up for anything around GR/EL/Detroit on monday? Basically i just want to go.
Posted By: mike_95se_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 04:09 AM
On a Contour note I saw Mike's 95 blue SE with SVT rear and skirts in the parking lot. Bet that beatch yanked my shiz! j/k Mike if you still own the car.

who, me?

seriously, that blows man. hopefully you can get a new one soon. unfortunatly, thats still my car. as of friday though, i only have half a rear bumper. hahaha. car is ghetto. but im in for a trip. lemme konw when.
Posted By: beeven Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 04:30 AM
Originally posted by 2kSVT:
Hey guys,How far away is Boyne from Ohio? I live in Dayton(southwest border). I was born in Latrobe, PA, and learned to ski at Seven Springs. I ride a Morrow Spoon 153,and have been snow boarding for about 8 years. I have a grandma who lives 20 minutes from Seven Springs/Hidden Valley and Laurel Mountain is 3 minutes up the road! It is free to stay and all people I have taken in the past had a great time! I'm gonna plan a trip in the future if any one is interested. Sorry to hijack your thread

Rod

ahh its jus a little far. i live in livonia right and its 5 hours away. so guessing it might be about 7-9 hours away im not sure tho but check it out. that would be sweet if we can all go
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 06:15 AM
Anyone wanna spend some time with a twin-planker??
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

I'm really sorry for what happened. Nothing more I can say.

I'm a little insulted that some punk would steal your board and not mine. I mean, wtf, is 1992 technology not worth anything to america's youth?!?!?!?
Anyway, I went back there yesterday with my sis for a while, but no signs of yer board todd. I did meet the Volkl Alpine rep though. he was riding a renn-tiger and hauling some serious azz . Now i'm really wanting to buy a board.
Posted By: silversvtE1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/27/04 08:13 PM
Why don't you guys plan a trip out West and I'll join you. You'll have more fun actually snowboarding than lift riding.
Sorry to hear about your board Todd. I just bought a new set up. Lib Tech Jamie Lynn 160, Bent Metal bindings, 32 Lashed boots. I'll be breaking it in tomorrow.
Posted By: mike_95se_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 12:36 AM
i should be at bittersweet tomorrow if anyone cares to join.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 04:27 AM
I'll be there. With my boots on.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 02:02 PM
I went out today, DAMN this new board is a rocket.

I'm glad you like that F2 Pete, cause I ordered an F2 Silberpfeil 168 yesterday . That and new Deeluxe Suzuka's. I'm a little excited now, but unfortunately the temp is gonna be like 40 this weekend....
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:05 PM
I went yesterday to Alpine with my buddy from work. It was OK. The typical croudy sheet of ice that it always is. Some kid was busting back flips off the jump at the base of the half-pipe. Totally sick.

Todd, that blows dude. Fukken eh! I hope you find the little (unt that stole your board.

BTW I bought your NYE ticket so I'll be seeing you soon.

PS I'm up for a trip to see Ryan up at Boyne if yoour GR Boyz are up to it, and Todd gets a board. Man that suxorz.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Todd, that blows dude. Fukken eh! I hope you find the little (unt that stole your board.

BTW I bought your NYE ticket so I'll be seeing you soon.

PS I'm up for a trip to see Ryan up at Boyne if yoour GR Boyz are up to it, and Todd gets a board. Man that suxorz.

Hopefully I'll be back up to full steam by the end next week. Guess it depends on how long it takes insurance to cut me a check after I send them the $500 deductable on my h.o. insurance. Glad I didn't go with the $1000 ded.! When it's all said and done my wallet will be $150-200 lighter so I'll be faster down the hill. I'm sure they'll find a way to raise my rates to get the $ back. AND I'M BUYING AN F'N lock. $20 is nothing compared to going through all this.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:13 PM
Sounds like all the typicals are down. How bout we plan a Friday to Sunday up north? For those of us with home owners insurance payments, we could stay off the hill at a fleabag to save some $, or at least apply that money to the beer fund.....
Doesn't matter to me. I say the 21st to the 23rd in an attempt to start a poll.....
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:15 PM

Hopefully I'll be back up to full steam by the end next week. Guess it depends on how long it takes insurance to cut me a check after I send them the $500 deductable on my h.o. insurance. Glad I didn't go with the $1000 ded.! When it's all said and done my wallet will be $150-200 lighter so I'll be faster down the hill. I'm sure they'll find a way to raise my rates to get the $ back. AND I'M BUYING AN F'N lock. $20 is nothing compared to going through all this.

actually dude, if you weighed more you'd end up going faster down the hill, it would just take you longer to get up to speed. That's why I try to wax and tune my board alot.... and I carry 50$ in quarters.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:24 PM
Yeah I say Jan 21-24 would be the way to go.

I'm up for it Kenny.

PS - Todd, you made fun of me last year when I locked my board up.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Sharkey:
and I carry 50$ in quarters.

i'm assuming thats a joke, right? since that amounts to about ten pounds max...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

PS - Todd, you made fun of me last year when I locked my board up.

I did? Don't know why. I always thought it was wise.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
and I carry 50$ in quarters.

i'm assuming thats a joke, right? since that amounts to about ten pounds max...

Yeah it was, nice job picking up on that. Sometimes my subtlety goes unnoticed. Would you rather it was 500$ in pennies?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 04:41 PM
What kind of person puts the $ sign after the amount?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 07:14 PM
I know John is in the "SKI" club
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/28/04 08:24 PM
What kind of person puts the $ sign after the amount?

You're just mad that you don't have 50,000 pennies laying around.
Posted By: mike_95se_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 05:12 AM
where are you guys planning on goin? boyne? i'll have work off so i should be able to make it.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 02:30 PM
Originally posted by mike_95se:
where are you guys planning on goin? boyne?

YESSIR.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 05:44 PM
I'll have to see whats going on in my classes that week. I'm only off until the 10th.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 08:20 PM
I nominate Stazi to set this deal up. If he can't do it, Todd should be the backup.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 09:12 PM
Im game for any weekend after the 2nd of jan..

I just gotta buy some boots for my board and some Bindings for my Ski's and new poles if im gonna ski.

Sorry to hear about your board todd. WHen i was 17 someone stole a Pair of my Racing Stock Rossignol 7s's. About 2K worth of ski, binding, risers and wax on them. I was rather Pissed.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/29/04 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSan:

I just gotta buy some boots for my board and some Bindings for my Ski's and new poles if im gonna ski.

Sorry to hear about your board todd. WHen i was 17 someone stole a Pair of my Racing Stock Rossignol 7s's. About 2K worth of ski, binding, risers and wax on them. I was rather Pissed.

What kind of boots are you looking for? I have a pair of Sims freeride boots that I bought a couple years ago. I only used them once cause they didn't fit in my bindings too good and my toes would drag in the snow. they're 11's I think. If you want I can send you pics or something.
I just bought a new alpine setup so I have ZERO use for them. If anybody else is interested pm me.
ken
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 01:34 AM

What kind of boots are you looking for? I have a pair of Sims freeride boots that I bought a couple years ago. I only used them once cause they didn't fit in my bindings too good and my toes would drag in the snow. they're 11's I think. If you want I can send you pics or something.
I just bought a new alpine setup so I have ZERO use for them. If anybody else is interested pm me.
ken

Any chance of "squeezing" a 14 in to them? I still have my Clicker boots but have been riding standard bindings for 2 years! Ohh, and i'm down for Boyne. Ya'll let me know when.
Posted By: silversvtE1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 02:11 AM
I went to the local mt. today. 2 feet of fresh snow.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 02:28 AM
shoot me a pic of them
kanakrysvt@hotmail.com

11 is hte size i need too
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 01:59 PM
Originally posted by EuroTour99:

Any chance of "squeezing" a 14 in to them? I still have my Clicker boots but have been riding standard bindings for 2 years! Ohh, and i'm down for Boyne. Ya'll let me know when.

weekend of the 21st!!! Anyway, you can try to fit your feet in them, but you'll probably need to cut the toes off. That's fine w/ me if you've already paid me for 'em.

Anyway, for the West michigan guys, Todd and I should both have our new setups in about a week or so, so i'm thinking we need a night down at Bittersweet to get our gear straight before going to Boyne. I'll make sure to get ahold of at least the two mikes for that...
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 07:13 PM
I'll probably be going out to Western in the next week sometime so let me know.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/30/04 08:21 PM
Ok, fellas, I just got back from 2 days at Nubs, Highlands, and the mountain.

I'll check those dates, I am not sure when I will be up there next for ski team events.
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: CEG ski club - 12/31/04 12:18 AM
I just booked my reservations... 4 days at Telluride, 3 at Steamboat, 3 at Jackson Hole, and at least a day exploring Yellowstone...

I'm going REAL skiing, bishes!!!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 12/31/04 03:18 AM
I'm going to whistler...so boo ya grandma!
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/02/05 05:04 PM
Three of my friends just spent a week at Whistler... [censored]...
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: CEG ski club - 01/02/05 11:18 PM
I'll take pictures for you!!!
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 11:29 AM
Too bad this was LAST YEAR
Snowbird....Utah baby....They have the best state motto ever...... THE BEST SNOW ON EARTH...... Aint no lie!

And this one is at Brighton...in Utah...not E. Michigan..hehehe.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 02:37 PM
Nothing like seeing a close up of a guys face. I agree Utah does have spectacular snow. Made a trip back in '91. Hit Alto, Solitude and Snowbird.

My snowboard replacement should be ready to go by this weekend. Too bad everything melted.

Here is the board

Burton Stash (Custom) 159

Technine bindings. Has a patented new style toe strap. Only Burton and T9 hold the right to it I guess. Supposed to remedy toe pressure. Hope I like it.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 02:58 PM
Hmm i need new bindings let me know how you like those todd. how much where the bindings?

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 03:17 PM
Thy're $179.90 with shipping. Cheapest place is from www.boardtactics.com The Dominator goes to size 11 and I wear a 10 so I'm just about at the cut off. Burton makes some in the same price. I just liked the orange so I went with T9.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 04:54 PM
is that an oriole's dude on the heel?!?!?! That's awesome if it is. Didn't notice that at first.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/03/05 05:46 PM
LOL! I didn't even realize that until you said something. The pic is a little fuzzy and didn't think much about it.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/04/05 06:33 PM
Might have another 2-3 guys from work interested in coming to Boyne too.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/04/05 06:36 PM
So is it the 21st for sure?

My new Atomic bindings will be here in 2 days i hope and my board finally shipped today.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/10/05 09:17 PM
OK guys I need a confirmed solid head-count of who's going for sure!!!!

So far I know there's four of us:
Sharkey
Todd
Mike (EuroTour)
Stazi

Now if you say you're in, you are IN - backing out on this will result in a head-butt from me, no joke, as I have to book rooms and request lift tickets. And I will be seriously pissed if you dick me around. If I even think you're messing with me, I won't include you, so you 'net clowns - forget it.

So if it is doubtful, don't say "maybe". Yes answers only, and it'll be on the 21st till the 23rd. The dates are fixed - that is all.

Price total may be about $75-100 per person (as an estimate) for 2 nights accomodation and 3 days of lift tickets.

Thanks.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/10/05 09:22 PM
When is this for? I may be there for races that weekend.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 01:15 PM
We'll be up there the evening of the 21st (Fri.) and begin with the beverages. Roll out of bed Sat. and hit the buffet which includes fresh coffee, a juice bar, omelets, waffles, french toast, meats (tasteless bacon) and pastries & then on to the slopes (I guess there is a reason we are going ). Start with more beverages Sat. evening. at the Zoo bar or Snowflake Lounge depending on which mt. we're at. Hopefully we'll be coherent enough Sun. for more buffet & for another day of boarding and head back Sunday night.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 02:10 PM
Also, each conscript needs to bring a flask of Bailey, 12 pack of "For Her Pleasure Condoms", Motion-Lotion, Duck or Goose Call, Hot-tub rated floating beer can holder, Hush Puppy Shoes (w/optional fluorescent pink, shoe laces), ironing board, iron, 3-piece CK suit, and the will to party!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 02:16 PM
W3rd. Most of us look like this in the evening. Some serious Lego hand.

& some of these signs are erected when Staz travels in close proximity to a ski resort.

Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:10 PM
It's set boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

1 room with sleeping for 6! Friday night and Saturday Night the 21st and 22nd of January.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:13 PM
I placed 8 overall, but I had the 5th fastest run.

I will be at Schuss this weekend.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:14 PM
Damn, you got pwn3d by the Broncos!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:18 PM
I know, I WILL catch up to em tho. First race, not too bad.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:40 PM
Hmmmm good job.
I got my new Race Bindings today... Let me know when you wanna race pete We can even run cheesy nastar.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:42 PM
Pete got beat by a guy nicknamed "Corky"!

Eric "Corky" Swanson
GVSU

Life goes on I guess.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:53 PM
Hmmmm good job.
I got my new Race Bindings today... Let me know when you wanna race pete We can even run cheesy nastar.

These "race" bindings.... Are these the ones you need boots for??? Are you talking about plate bindings or regular highbacks?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 09:59 PM
no there for my New Atomic Beta Race ski's Atomic Race 614's with my Lange Xzero9 race boots.

I get snowboard boots not sure how much i like them and i need new bindings for my board since teh toe strap is two short.

How many people are going to Boyne? Would it be cool i went if theres enough room?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/11/05 10:26 PM
My fastest was a 25.94 tho...had I not fallen on the first one and gotten a 31.xx I would've been top 5 easy.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho List of events this season - 01/12/05 12:04 AM
Board

Jan 9 - Crystal Mountain (GS)

Jan 15 - Shanty Creek (SS)

Jan 16 - Schuss (GS, BX)

Jan 22 - Boyne Highlands (SS, GS)

Jan 23 - Boyne Highlands (HP)

Jan 30 - Crystal Mountain (GS)

Feb 5 - Nub's Nob (SS, GS)

Feb 6 - Crystal Mountain (GS)

Nub's Nob (HP)

Feb 13 - Crystal Mountain (GS)

Feb 19 - Marquette Mtn (SL)

(Regionals)

Feb 20 - Marquette Mtn. (GS)

(Regionals)

Feb 26 - Nub's Nob (GS, SS)

Feb 27 - Nub's Nob (HP)

Mar 5 - Boyne Mountain (GS, SS, HP)

Mar 6 - Boyne Mountain (BX)

Mar 7 - 12 - McCall/Brundage, Idaho

(USCSA Nationals) (PGS, BX, SS)

If you are gonna be around come see us race.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: List of events this season - 01/12/05 04:52 AM
I wish I could say for sure If I can make it or not but I cant. Classes just started yesterday and I have no idea what I will have going on that weekend.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: CEG ski club - 01/12/05 05:18 PM

omg you bastid! You should've PM'd me we could've hooked up

Anyway, sorry I hadn't seen this sooner, I've been so busy lately and away from the forums for a few weeks

The room is at Boyne Mountain, and a prime peice of real estate right next to the snowflake bar I thought it would save you beersponges some walking

Its looking like a good time! Hope to see you guys there.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/12/05 06:19 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

omg you bastid! You should've PM'd me we could've hooked up

Anyway, sorry I hadn't seen this sooner, I've been so busy lately and away from the forums for a few weeks

The room is at Boyne Mountain, and a prime peice of real estate right next to the snowflake bar I thought it would save you beersponges some walking

I know I was gonna go ask for you at the desk, but I fig'd it'd be a longshot. I will be up again on the 21 - 22.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/12/05 06:21 PM

Cool! Good change up since we were at the Highlands last year. I want a ride in the 3L.
Posted By: Stazi Re: CEG ski club - 01/12/05 07:28 PM
It's gonna be snowing ALL next week at the mountain - [cartman]Kick ASS![/cartman]
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 02:43 PM
and grab a stick of Juicy Fruit. The taste is gonna move ya.

Ski shop is open for business. Payments in beer accepted. No Milwaukee's Best please.

WHOA WHOA....who's f2?~?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 03:36 PM
What Wax you Runnin there?
Cera nova Hydrocarbon?

I have a Ton of wax. Most LF(low Flourocarbon), GLF8(Graphite Low Flourocarbon),HF(High Flourocarbon), and about a half a bottle of Cera F 100(100% Flouro fast [censored]!).

If you want some cheap go fast wax get Toko low flouro, its like a bar and has a felt thingy to help melt in the wax. it used to be like 11 dollars.
I just picked up an iron...i need a scrapper, file, wax, and what else?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 03:44 PM
WHOA WHOA....who's f2?~?

That's Kenny's xmas bonus. LOL! We use candle wax why? Isn't that what everyone uses?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 03:46 PM

Brushes. Brass, nylon, exotic Arabian horse hair. Oh j/k on the last one.

Brushes. Brass, nylon, exotic Arabian pubic hair...

Whoa todd. Whoa
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 03:53 PM
Nice Pete. Tuning site.

http://www.sno-ski.net/skituning101.html

&

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/waxing101.htm

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/tuning.htm

Oh and add this edge tuner & beveler on top of the brushes.

Can be found under the tuning equipment link at the bottom of the page I first listed.

Todd I need the link to the "My other shirt has it's collar popped"
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 04:39 PM
I'll post a link to where you can go to have your eye popped.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 06:18 PM
Thats the Same sharpener i used to have. Also used Diamond Files.

I don't use brass brushes just nylon. I used to have 3 seperate brushes one for hydro wax, one for Graphite and one for Cera F. If your using a Race board DO not Remove the wax at the end of the year and start over. If you use a Flourocarbon wax the flouro's acttually build up in the base. If your gonna use a powered wax ie Cera F you need a Cork. you can also cork in HF wax if needed to on the hill. F4 is a good low flourwax also for the money. i think its 5 dollars for a packet of it.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 07:59 PM
I don't use a particular brush per certain types of wax, but definitely a different technique for the conditions you're going to be in. Course finish for wet days, and a very fine structure for azz cold days. As far as technique, I got my training years ago from a Swix/World cup tuner, so i'm fairly certain my stuff is pretty well on par with a 'pro' tune. I never stone grind either. I don't really use super expensive waxes anymore cause racing isn't a part of the equation.

Nordic Violet and a good brush and edge debur are pretty much all I use for keeping a fairly descent edge and base.
I'm confident that you won't beat me in a race based on tune.
It'll likely be caused by the fact that i'm of legal drinking age, and drinking and riding is just too much fun!!
I need some teaching. Big time.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 09:21 PM
Who was the won't beat you cause of tune directed to sharkey? me or Petey. Its been soo long since i have raced. Tune means more in High School and Central USSA than it does almost everywhere else becuase of the length of the courses.

When i was at Mt Hood training with the Ski team no one used Cera F. It is a so called waste of money out there. Its like God In Michigan. Back in the day 7 years ago when i was really into Racing i used to tune my 4 pairs of skis every thursday and my race ski's got a coat of cera F once a week during the summer.

I'd Like to go to boyne but im not sure i will be able to or not.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 09:35 PM
Who was the won't beat you cause of tune directed to sharkey? me or Petey.

It was just a general comment regarding tuning, not directed at anybody.. When I say "you", I mean whoever's listening... And I think that Cera F stuff is nice, but an 80$ lesson will make a guy faster than $80 worth of wax.

W3rd on the tuning before race day! That was one of my favorite nights of the week in HS. Hanging with all my race buddies in a friends garage melting wax and being stupid kids. Sounds dumb, but I think it helped us come together as a team.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 09:45 PM
And I think that Cera F stuff is nice, but an 80$ lesson will make a guy faster than $80 worth of wax.

Ya Fo Sho but only to a certain extent. I spent 1400 dollars to go out to Mt hood my sophmore year and Learn advance racing techniques. I learned more in 1 week than i did in 2 years.

I still remember the first time I used Cera i ended up blowin out of the course cuase it was so uncontrollable. [censored] slippery. Once you get used to it though its like a drug you gotta have it. I was always a Reckless racer i was either in the top 5 or 10 or I DNF'd. The first HS run of my Senior year i set a time like .5 seconds faster than everyone. Second run I fell 2 times. Finished like 22nd or something.

I think my fav memory from HS racing is all the Hotties that are changing like 10 ft from you in a huge open room. And i think we all know how Girls who are good skiers bodies look... On a similar note Picabo street had the largest quads i have ever seen on a woman. Just Massive
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/14/05 11:36 PM
On a similar note Picabo street had the largest quads i have ever seen on a woman. Just Massive

Oh we all want a peak at her.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/21/05 01:48 PM

Don't drop the wax!

I'll give you a ride in my 3L, but its gotten kind of ghetto I've got a clunking end link, dead front brakes, and haven't fixed my bashed in door yet. I should have time this spring to get 'er fixed up tho. But you're welcome to have a ride
Posted By: Stazi Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/21/05 02:00 PM
I'll be up there at around 4-5pm Ryan. I'll call you when I get in.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/21/05 02:05 PM

I'll give you a ride in my 3L, but its gotten kind of ghetto I've got a clunking end link, dead front brakes, and haven't fixed my bashed in door yet. I should have time this spring to get 'er fixed up tho. But you're welcome to have a ride

That's alright. Yo momma makes noises when I ride her but I don't mind.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/21/05 06:49 PM
Yo momma makes noises when I ride her but I don't mind.

dayam, she has a clunk in the front end too?
I may be up sat afternoon!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/24/05 04:57 AM
I may be up sat afternoon!

I sense lies.
Yeah, after all the snow and my Power steering just doesnt work now...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Get your ski's (bored's) shined up - 01/24/05 02:56 PM
Weekend pics.
Posted By: MIdnight95SE_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/24/05 05:16 PM
Hey Pete, let me know when you're goin board'n again.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/24/05 10:15 PM
This weekend with ski team...at Crystal Mtn.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/25/05 03:04 PM
Pete, how many types of wax do you have? You'll probably need about 4 temp ranges to get through the rest of the year. Another thing is edge tuning. If you like your edges @ 90* that's easy enough to keep in good shape, but bevels and stuff are gonna make it harder to keep tip-top.
I just spent a couple minutes on the boards of the guys that went this weekend, and nobody really complained about edge hold. Of course, their riding style is going to be hard to hold an edge, regardless of tune, if ice is a factor.
My F2 has only a trace amount of medium temp wax and a stock edge tune, and I can hold in pretty much any situation. Once the weather warmed up on Sunday my speed came up too.
good luck this weekend!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/25/05 09:50 PM
Thanks. I have an all temp
IDK what I want or need as far as wax goes. Graphite...clorofloro wtf ever Jason was talking about. When you say bevel you mean that little thing that Todd posted earlier??

I will wax tonight...should I use a base cleaner!?

TIA
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/25/05 10:01 PM
NO well i never use base cleaner...

Flourocarbons are the wax for speed. Like Cera Nova LFG8 and HF8 and cera F fc100 and fc200.

Hydrocarbon is your average wax. CH8.. the lower the # the colder iirc.. been a few years. I used to wax hydro any time like a 8 then a Low flouro Graphite then depending on Ski either HF iron'd in or Cera F corked in...

As far as bevel i ran a 90 99.9% of the time..
Posted By: EuroTour Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 02:16 AM
I think i broke my cosix tonight That Big-Air comp. at Bittersweet was pretty freakin sweet though.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 02:43 AM
NO well i never use base cleaner...

Flourocarbons are the wax for speed. Like Cera Nova LFG8 and HF8 and cera F fc100 and fc200.

Hydrocarbon is your average wax. CH8.. the lower the # the colder iirc.. been a few years. I used to wax hydro any time like a 8 then a Low flouro Graphite then depending on Ski either HF iron'd in or Cera F corked in...

As far as bevel i ran a 90 99.9% of the time..

I am going to try to flouro waxes...however I am going to use some base cleaner to get the hydro off the base. But you are saying that flouro shouldn't be taken off??
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 02:47 AM
don't take the hydro off either
the flour if thats all you use is hf or cera f will dry your bases out.. keep the hydro and brush the [censored] out of it.. then wax with your flouro.. the more flouro you use the more that stays in your base... until you clean it... Big no no in racing setups
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 02:49 AM
I have a tiny ass brush...I'm debating getting a big one. This weekend I realized the top 5 is very hard to stay in and tuning is what makes a the BIG differences.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 03:55 PM
This weekend I realized the top 5 is very hard to stay in and tuning is what makes a the BIG differences.

Really? I didn't know! lol

If you brush out your ski's before you run and your using a Flourocarbon wax only use that brush when you have that wax. Cuase it will remove some of the wax and keep it in the brush. If you want a Rocket of a board then get Cera F. the temp doesn't make a massive difference i think theres fc100 and fc200. I used to use 100 iirc. But its 130 a bottle. Cera nova HF is 50ish for three sticks and LF or FLG is like 20ish. Obviously the higher FC the faster.

I DNF'd many races cuase my ski's where way to fast. I think my shophmore year i only finished like 3 or 4 GS races. Cera F isn't something that you put on and you just dominate. Your ski's/board becomes a totally different beast. Its like trying to learn control all over again.

With me i had 4 pairs of ski's 2 slalom 2 GS so i could vary the amount. IT seem like you race the same board for both? If your racing Slalom with alot of Flouro you could be in for a ride.

As stated before if you ever need help making them faster I'll Help ya. I used to let people use my Cera F brush at the top of the run and alot of times they would dnf from the added speed. IF you have ever used Cera F you knwo what im talking about. I'm not sure if SHarkey has or not. I dno't know how the Lower Pensula was but i had to do everything possible to stay in front of the Assclowns from Marquette. There whole team would finish in the top 10 all 6 people.

Let me know if you need help pete
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 04:45 PM
This weekend I realized the top 5 is very hard to stay in and tuning is what makes a the BIG differences.

B.S.!!!!! Tune makes a small difference. Kinda like a cold air intake on a Ferrari. If you think you're gonna win a race cause of Cera F, you probably also think your spark plug grounding kit gave you 20HP.
A good skier on a crap ski will beat a crap skier on a good ski anyday. Talent is key. I am a fan of having good equipment, but I also think good equipment will only take you as far as your talent will allow.
Tuning will make your equipment more predictable, but if your technique sucks, you're still gonna suck. It sounds like your ability is at or above your competition, so tuning MIGHT make the difference. It will at least make you think you've done your best to prepare. That's worth just as much as anything else. the mental aspect of knowing where your equipment is at in a physical sense.
Just don't put a ton of stock in it. Without seeing your race I can tell you that ANYBODY in HS or college can trim .5 seconds in the start and first 3 gates. Ski races are won and lost everyday at the start gate. Just ask a drag racer that wins with a slower car. Of course, this is just my opinion.
see you at the hill! I'll be the one buzzing past you, but maybe on my noggin!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 04:56 PM
I have raced the Same Super G course many times on different ski's and different wax set ups.

In HS i had 2 7s's and 2 EX's.. My training pair where about 7/10's slower than my race pair. My buddy also had a pair of Race Stock Dynastar Coupe De mode(or however it was spelt) and they where on par with my training pair. I had one of the fastest set of GS ski's and Probably the Fastest slalom ski's in the UP my senior year. I was one of 3 people who would wax cera F on there slalom ski's in the UP. Im a firm believer that Tune Makes a HUGE difference especially in the Speed Events. When you get down to the Slalom level its alot more technique than tune. But almost anyone can race Super G or Downhill and be fast. In these events Tune and Body positioning and edge hold is Major!

So your saying everyone Equal talent ect ect. Someone using cera nova hc8 can hang with someone using Cera F???? Ya i might not be cup racing but i don't believe that for a second.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 05:39 PM

B.S.!!!!! Tune makes a small difference. Kinda like a cold air intake on a Ferrari. If you think you're gonna win a race cause of Cera F, you probably also think your spark plug grounding kit gave you 20HP.
A good skier on a crap ski will beat a crap skier on a good ski anyday. Talent is key. I am a fan of having good equipment, but I also think good equipment will only take you as far as your talent will allow.
Tuning will make your equipment more predictable, but if your technique sucks, you're still gonna suck. It sounds like your ability is at or above your competition, so tuning MIGHT make the difference. It will at least make you think you've done your best to prepare. That's worth just as much as anything else. the mental aspect of knowing where your equipment is at in a physical sense.
Just don't put a ton of stock in it. Without seeing your race I can tell you that ANYBODY in HS or college can trim .5 seconds in the start and first 3 gates. Ski races are won and lost everyday at the start gate. Just ask a drag racer that wins with a slower car. Of course, this is just my opinion.
see you at the hill! I'll be the one buzzing past you, but maybe on my noggin!

I should've been more specific...I had chunks of wax that i hadn't scraped off....that makes a difference.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 05:46 PM
I had chunks in my farts on the lift yesterday.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 05:58 PM
I'll stop bitching about being slow....
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 06:27 PM

So your saying everyone Equal talent ect ect. Someone using cera nova hc8 can hang with someone using Cera F???? Ya i might not be cup racing but i don't believe that for a second.

That's exactly NOT what i'm saying. Apparently i'm not being clear or you can't read.... I'm saying at the college level the competition/talent is nowhere near as matched, thus making tune even less of an issue.
And anyway, aren't you the one telling us all that you blew out of gates because your skis were too fast? I can't believe you would expect a young racer to take you seriously with a statement like that. You should have practiced more instead of spending 2 hours a night waxing your stuff. Maybe if your skis were slower you'd finish more. A slow run with a time is better than a fast DNF.
Again, this is just my opinion. I could really give a damn what either of you do.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CEG ski club - 01/31/05 06:52 PM
Yep and if you never run Cera F then you never can get used to the speed! I could Careless if i finished a race or not. One 2 races mattered in HS racing Regionals and States. My Sophmore year I crashed alot, Junior and serior year i think i crashed 3 times. And I was way faster ya I learned more but i was used to the speed and inturn why I was All UP A team. When I was a sophmore I started running Cera F. You gotta learn Some day and crashing is a part of ski racing so why not have a shot at the top?

You Obviously never raced in the UP. Everyone uses Cera F in the top 20... Wanna stay there you need to learn how also.. I understand about the talent gap but tune is also a way to make up the gap. I used to practice every day after school during the winter months so I think i trained enough, I would drive to marquette to train with them at night since they where the only hill with night skiing around. The only way to prepare yourself for racing with Cera F is training with it so I did every chance I had. As stated its lke relearning control all over.

When I was out at mt Hood in july'96 i waxed everyday with cera F becuase I knew when I got home I was gonna be racing with it. Even if you train everyday your ability can only get you so far.Yes maybe world cup level maybe not. But the correct Race tune makes a world of difference for one who can handle it.

A young racer is the best to learn high flouro wax. hes a freshman in college prob gonna race another 3 years. so if he sucks it up this year cuase is board is faster than everyone elses big deal guess whats gonna happen next year..

#1 Pete Kahn 24.98
#2 Jonny Dickcheese 25.47

Get the point!

I have taken someone who didn't ever ski before made them learn on my Racing ski's and thought him how to race and be in the top 10 in 2 years time... Ya maybe hes a natural but Ski racing in the UP is a very competive sport and to be in the top 10 out of 50-60 racers quite a big deal!

You might be a great skier and all i don't know, I have raced against people from lower michigan and hung out with a few from the Clare ski team. The lower michigan rational about wax majorlly differs from the UP take on it. Lower MI seemed to us cera F as a race day only wax and i seen many crash becuase of that reason. In the UP many of US used it every day even free skiing.

Honestly it don't matter to me if pete uses it or not. He wants to get faster and learn how to handle the extra speed he will have to train and race with it.
© CEG Archives