Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 03:34 PM
This years showing is @ 7pm on the 3rd. Any of you snow lovers going to this? I missed the West Michigan dates while I was in Vegas.....
Stazi? Pete?
I could probably talk Todras and Eurotour into going cause they're snow-whores like me.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 03:47 PM
Here's more info...

http://www.elskiing.com/wmiller.htm
Also free lift tickets or discounted tickets at the show too!

http://www.elskiing.com/tix.htm
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:28 PM
Looks like snowboarders are left out of this one!
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

left out of what?? Did you watch the trailer? Or are you commenting on the group hosting this thing?? Looks like the best WM film yet, and i've been going to these pretty steady for about 15 years.
BTW, I watched the trailer. Theres skiing, snowboarding, racing, skydiving, surfing, waterskiing, almost always windsurfing, steeps, extremes, halfpipes, logs, rocks, and just about anything to do with water, frozen or not, in this film....

Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:50 PM
Kewl!
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Kewl!

You bet your @$$ kewl!!!! You coming out you putz? This isn't too far for you to drive.
I'm gonna sock you in the kidney too, so beware. Kind of a repayment for harassing me in a "stupified" condition a few weeks ago....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Sharkey:

left out of what?? Did you watch the trailer? Or are you commenting on the group hosting this thing?? Looks like the best WM film yet, and i've been going to these pretty steady for about 15 years.
BTW, I watched the trailer. Theres skiing, snowboarding, racing, skydiving, surfing, waterskiing, almost always windsurfing, steeps, extremes, halfpipes, logs, rocks, and just about anything to do with water, frozen or not, in this film....

Terribly sorry, i will admit i did not watch the trailer because i became very discouraged right away. Everything was just about skiing so i turned away for my interests are in snowboarding. Thanks for the Hi-Ho though!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 04:56 PM
Yea just ignore that post. A lot of ppl seem to talk without thinking or knowing what they are talking about here lately.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 05:11 PM
Just got this so I need to tell him how many tickets. We'd also need to leave right after work pretty much this Fri.

it is not too late, i would not be able to get you tickets, but i could put your names on a will call list. If this is what you want, email the names of the guests and if they are students or adults, then be at the show Friday before 630 to make sure you get tickets....sound okay?
Hugh
-------------- Original message --------------

> Is it too late to get tickets to Fridays show? Need
> 3-4 tickets.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:00 PM
miller is awesome! Remember those two dudes in Wisconsin who built a tower and piled snow on top of hay bales for air.

"they don't have big hills or much snow, but they do have a lot of heavy equipment", ROFLMAO

"he hit right there, you could just hear his leg break"

Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:07 PM
I'm in like Flynn!
I may be going!

Kenny, I got my new boots
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:14 PM
He Mikey and Staz I made bacon on Wed. morning. Guess how tasteless it was?
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:31 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Mmmmmm, sounds neon.... I mean good!

I am looking at a new 171 Donek Freecarve and some Indy boots. Should be a rocket.
Maybe some of the slower guys on Burton's should trade up for a ski-doo to keep up with me and Pete....
LOL!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:40 PM

Maybe some of the slower guys on Burton's should trade up for a ski-doo to keep up with me and Pete....
LOL!

Burton snowboards ownz j00!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:46 PM
As tasteless as Kenny's boots?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA I'm LMAO remembering that whole scene. It was PRICELE$$!

Lets see if I can dig it up?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:48 PM

I am looking at a new 171 Donek Freecarve and some Indy boots. Should be a rocket.
LOL!

My Rossi is ny far the slowest - Kenny, remember how I tried flat-boarding it for a section just to see if I could out acclelerate you? That was futile..........you left me in the dust like I was dragging a Danforth anchor!

LOL!

The Donek is hella nice. I ended up getting the F2 Silberpfeil 162.

HEAD stratos boots and TD2 bindings.

I'll see you all on friday then!

If I can swing the $$ I may be going here for SB05.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:53 PM
That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw at a race shop in Breckenridge....

Front-"it's not the tune;"

Back- "You SUCK."

But I remember being the one who had to quit early cause me feet looked like raisins run through a press.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 06:58 PM
Your boots were so small, that they smashed your toes one on top of the other so bad, that it looked like you could've just made shadow puppets with your toes, had you been given a flashlight!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 07:05 PM
Posted By: AliasJerk? Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 07:56 PM
THATS MY BIRFDAY! YAAAAY! I wont be making that though, my mom is taking me and my brother to Genji's Japanese steakhouse that night for some FINE japanese dinning. alllllllright.

And to the fact that I dont ski or snowboard (though I would love to learn)
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 08:21 PM
Thanks for that piece of info.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 08:27 PM
Thanks for that piece of info.

As you can see in the above caption, this probably isn't the group that's going to teach you!
Anyway, If you're gonna learn, don't be a sissy. The first 3 or 4 times out, snowboarding especially, you're gonna end up bruised, sore, and broke. Expect that much at least. After that it gets better. Except the broke part.

If it isn't a beginner setup, it's a race board. If it's not a race board, it's 25 baileys and coffee over the course of two days....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 09:07 PM
The first 3 or 4 times out, snowboarding especially, you're gonna end up bruised, sore, and broke. Expect that much at least.

That's entirely not true, i know more than a few people, including myself who do not apply to that statement, SO Don't try to scare away beginners!
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 09:13 PM
The first 3 or 4 times out, snowboarding especially, you're gonna end up bruised, sore, and broke. Expect that much at least.

That's entirely not true, i know more than a few people, including myself who do not apply to that statement, SO Don't try to scare away beginners!

I may have exaggerated some. However, most people that don't get banged up ride like pansies. No falls-no balls is what we used to say.
So either you've majically managed to not fall when trying your pipe tricks and carves, or you've never actually tried to carve or ride in a pipe.....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 09:18 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I fall... never anything serious. Most the time not even a bruise. I definetely dont ride like a pansy or a momma boy or whatever (i have pics to prove it) i mainly stick to rails and jumps... thats what i find challenging, rewarding and FUN!
Oh don't get me wrong, I fall... never anything serious. Most the time not even a bruise. I definetely dont ride like a pansy or a momma boy or whatever (i have pics to prove it) i mainly stick to rails and jumps... thats what i find challenging, rewarding and FUN!

Yeah, rails are fun until you break your a s s on one.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/29/04 11:10 PM
Im selling my Racing stock Rossi's and buyin a Pair of Atomic Beta Race GS ski's and a Burton Twin(weegee board one) or a Burton Brushie or a K2 Zeppelin, I have owned all of them at one point or another..

Bring on the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met WM at Mt.Hood in july of 96 when i was out there for a Race camp! Since Pete has told me about the Ski team at MSU i have though very hard about transfering there and Race again. I miss it alot!
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 12:33 AM

Haha! He's gotta rock those boots again this year. It wouldnt be the same without them.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 12:35 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Who are you kidding, you love getting your ass broken-in time and time again.
Originally posted by Stazi:

Who are you kidding, you love getting your ass broken-in time and time again.

Yeah, I also like to dance backwards...
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 01:07 AM
Ski Patrol, "Are you ok man"
Pete, "Yeah, I just busted my ass"
Stazi, "That's where he likes it!!"
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 01:41 AM
I just thought these pics were kinda cool!

Small pics... i dont know what happened there?
Posted By: starjammir Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 01:43 AM
What about us snowmobilers we feel left out
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 02:17 AM
Because anyone can squeeze a throttle.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 02:18 AM
AHH my sister cant she ran my snowmobile into a tree
Originally posted by starjammir:
AHH my sister cant she ran my snowmobile into a tree

LMAO!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 04:48 AM

but, who can do 120 across a lake ten minutes after downing a case of beer?

only a snowbilly!!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 01:34 PM
What's up... no one likes my pics?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 03:09 PM
Do you want us to come over and jerk your cock or something?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 05:49 PM

As long as your standing first in line!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:00 PM
So you like other men I see. And it's you're not your. Do you know what a contraction is?

As long as your standing first in line!

Are those you? I have a hard time believing you could pull either of those tricks off if you have only been a couple times....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:11 PM

Are those you? I have a hard time believing you could pull either of those tricks off if you have only been a couple times....

When winter comes around i go as much as i can. I go regularly not a couple times... Besides, its just a grab and a boardslide on a rainbow
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:14 PM

1. So you like other men I see.
2. And it's you're not your.
3. Do you know what a contraction is?

1. No
2. my bad, thanks Mr. Todras
3. Who cares!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:24 PM

3. Who cares!

Most employers.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:26 PM

3. Who cares!

Most employers.

Good thing i'm an employee not er!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:43 PM
Burger King doesn't count.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:46 PM
Burger King doesn't count.

Since when? Btw neiher does white castle big guy!

When winter comes around i go as much as i can. I go regularly not a couple times... Besides, its just a grab and a boardslide on a rainbow

I was under the impression you had been TWICE. 2 times! It is improbable that you could do either of those having gone twice ever.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:56 PM

Since when? Btw neiher does white castle big guy!

Good to know. And how do you know how big I am?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 06:58 PM
And how do you know how big I am?

I dont... Nor do i care
Thanks,

MapOfTaziFoSho, do you snowboard?
8 years
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 07:02 PM
8 years

What do you mostly focus on? Whats your specialty i geuss? DO you just ride down hill, out west, terrain parks, pipe... ect ect
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 07:56 PM
8 years

What do you mostly focus on? Whats your specialty i geuss? DO you just ride down hill, out west, terrain parks, pipe... ect ect

I kinda thought down hill was a given.... Racing is the best thing on snow! Be it a snowmobile, skis, board, lunch tray from the cafeteria, whatever.
Most the time I see the guys in the pipes/parks just sit on their rears on the top of the hill talking about smoking bones or making their first million by selling hemp derived clothing.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 11/30/04 08:10 PM
Most the time I see the guys in the pipes/parks just sit on their rears on the top of the hill talking about smoking bones or making their first million by selling hemp derived clothing.

The top of the run is usually a good place to take a break. Most people don't hit up the run back to back to back... Smoking Cigs is a must... selling hemp is a...
8 years

I've done everything. I am currently on the MSU Alpine Ski Team and I am riding an F2 race carve board with hard boot setup.

I still have my Burton Balance and I will take that with me out west this year. It just isn't practical to ride a race/carve set up thru trees and 2 ft powder.

I've been getting away from tricks because I was never really good at it. By good I mean I never mastered the backflip. I can 360 backside with a method but that is about as good as I get. I prefer speed and impromptu jumps in the trees. I love the corduroy for speed, but going semi fast thru trees and powder can be just as rewarding. Granted I need two boards to do this.

I hope I answered your question.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 01:28 AM
So you like other men I see. And it's you're not your. Do you know what a contraction is?

lmao!!
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 01:42 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

only a snowbilly!!

\
Ahhhh Higgins lake Tip Up Town.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:

only a snowbilly!!

\
Ahhhh Higgins lake Tip Up Town.

we have a winnah!

i actually lost a good friend to the stupidity known as tip-up town. hit a seawall at 100+.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 02:53 PM
Ouch! That would leave a mark.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 03:03 PM
Ouch! That would leave a mark.

yeah... there were actually two of my friends side by side. one of them went flying when he hit it and broke both legs and an arm among other things... the other had his feet crammed up into the footwell of the tunnel, so when he hit, he wasn't so lucky.

drinking + sledding = really, really, really focking stupid.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 03:04 PM
Was that the crash on the news last year where there was a female passenger killed too?

Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 03:16 PM
no, this happened back in like 97 or 98. they were both salesmen at andersons and i was a parts manager there.
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 03:31 PM
i have always to learn snowboarding, but i have had injuries from bmx racing in the winter months for the last several years that made it to where i couldn't slide down a mountain or hill etc...maybe i will get a chance to go this winter. as of now i am not injured, but i did break both wrists and a collarbone last year. plus me being as accident prone as i am i would definetely have some good bruises and good stories to share after my first experience. oh yeah, we need snow first. plus another thing snow and cold are my least favorite things in the whole world.

Ben
I see why you have an ATX now!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 05:23 PM

I kinda thought down hill was a given.... Racing is the best thing on snow! Be it a snowmobile, skis, board, lunch tray from the cafeteria, whatever.

Racing is amazing! I miss it soo much!
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 06:03 PM
I ski raced all through HS, and into college. It never really materialized, other than a couple descent finishes in USSA, but it was still fun. I coach and help a little with the local HS team now.... Snowboarding, carving in particular, has become my new fascination.
I would take it easy on a snowboard if you've ever broken a wrist/hand/etc. I think Stazi actually has gloves with wrist guards. Those looked like a good idea.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 06:37 PM

I would take it easy on a snowboard if you've ever broken a wrist/hand/etc. I think Stazi actually has gloves with wrist guards. Those looked like a good idea.

Or even if you haven't broken one. Don't be in a hurry to start. Broken wrists suck the pen0r.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 07:16 PM
Yep, I have wrist guards in my snowboarding gloves and they have saved me a couple of times!
They're kinda like these:
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39159312&memberId=12500226

These will work with your existing gloves:
http://www.boardtactics.com/cat/SNOW/Protective/Wrist+Guards
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 08:36 PM
This is even funnier than bringing a duck call on a chairlift..... Stazi should do this to his ride!

http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funnymovies/duckcallcar.html

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 08:41 PM
That is great.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 08:42 PM
How old are you sharkey?
I used to Race CUSSA...

Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 08:48 PM
25. I raced mostly at Sugarloaf when they were still open, Boyne on occasion, and a couple others up there. I was definetely not a threat to the regulars.
Sugarloaf was awesome. I miss that place. They had a huge starting gate on top of Manitou that was freaky fast. Last time I was there the most amount of time we spent on a hill was on a golfcart, drunk, at 3 am.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 08:55 PM
Never been to Sugarloaf. Only places ive skied in the LP are Boyne and Nubs Knob for States and Regionals.

I used to Race at NOrway mountian 5 days a week i set most of the courses. I miss it alot most of the time other times i remember my Rossi EX's coming off my feet and Crashing into the Woods and other [censored] at around 60mph..

But its soo fun
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:00 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSan:
Never been to Sugarloaf. Only places ive skied in the LP are Boyne and Nubs Knob for States and Regionals.

I used to Race at NOrway mountian 5 days a week i set most of the courses. I miss it alot most of the time other times i remember my Rossi EX's coming off my feet and Crashing into the Woods and other [censored] at around 60mph..

But its soo fun

i've been there... it was a while ago, but i liked it!

but then again, i grew up skiing at alpile.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:02 PM
I've been skiing since I 19 on a pair of 200cm Volkl p-20 slalom skis with the big gate deflectors on the front. The kids now look at them like they're antiques. Kinda makes even a 20-something feel old.
Between those and my board, I am planted firmly in the ski technology of the 90's.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:02 PM
I miss it alot most of the time other times i remember my Rossi EX's coming off my feet and Crashing into the Woods and other [censored] at around 60mph..

But its soo fun

I ran into a very large skier when I was 12. Tore the bindings right off the ski's. I literally saw stars. I got a new pair of ski's though.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:11 PM
200cm p-20s Are you like 6'5"?

My 7s's where 193's they took me to states i loved them. about 2 bottles of cera F in each ski though.

I have 9s's now There ok but im gonna sell them hopfully soon. I want some Atomic Beta Race 10.26's

My buddy has a old pair of rossi 7x's that where white. 1994 baby. back when all rossignols said serria neveda for some reason
25. I raced mostly at Sugarloaf when they were still open, Boyne on occasion, and a couple others up there. I was definetely not a threat to the regulars.
Sugarloaf was awesome. I miss that place. They had a huge starting gate on top of Manitou that was freaky fast. Last time I was there the most amount of time we spent on a hill was on a golfcart, drunk, at 3 am.

Yeah SugarLoaf is down the street from where we have a condo.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:21 PM

LOL! I had 200's and I'm 6". Mmm speed.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:22 PM
Ya but thats a Slalom ski totally different i ran a 201 Rossi EX and 7x my HS years.

but only 193 slalom ski's and im almost 6'2"
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:28 PM
I miss it alot most of the time other times i remember my Rossi EX's coming off my feet and Crashing into the Woods and other [censored] at around 60mph..

But its soo fun

I ran into a very large skier when I was 12. Tore the bindings right off the ski's. I literally saw stars. I got a new pair of ski's though.

i've got that beat....

i'm skiing one night at alpile, and as i'm skiing under the chairlift, i see a hottie up in the chair... so i'm looking at her, and she's looking at me.. smiling.... then, all of a sudden, a "click click" sound, followed by my skis stopping. and my body being flung off of them followed by me eating dirt. yes dirt. good old alpine valley snow/ice/dirt fest. i went from pimp to gimp in 2 seconds.
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:32 PM
uhhh, yeah, they're a little "twitchy" in that length and stiffness.
I've had more than a couple tank slappers with those beasts. I'm 6'2" btw. I got into a 200cm p-30 GS race ski when they first came out in 98 iirc. That's my newest pair of skis. It was awesome to carve a ski back then, even if it was only 3 turns per run. Things have changed alot. I used to ski my dads 210 K2 Extremes for fun when I was about 6'.
We would tuck the hill in the pics Pete posted, and dudes would practically fall off the chair laughing and screaming. You could hit about 70 on that thing, but of course, we only weighed 120 lbs.!!
Pete, You're the man. I'm gonna show my dad those pics. I love em man, thanks for the memories! At the bottom of that hill theres a bowl, with a cat track that runs around the rim. If you blasted into that thing after tucking the whole run, you could shoot about 50' up into the woods. It was crazy. I miss it.....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:35 PM

Hey it could of been worse! Wait did i say could of? I meant to say should of!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:38 PM
You really need to find a better hobby then sitting on your ass being an internet junkie and making fun of kids! Consider getting a job... ? Anyway that was really unnecessary man.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:40 PM
You really need to find a better hobby then sitting on your ass being an internet junkie and making fun of kids! Consider getting a job... ? Anyway that was really unnecessary man.

Woooohooo, thats original!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:41 PM
Sharkey in his Fluoro purple hard boots and fluoro orange/pink laces and Gaywad board is a sight to see - hilarious - but the fugger is faster than a snot-rocket being fired of a ski-lift chair!

The boots â???
uhhh, yeah, they're a little "twitchy" in that length and stiffness.
I've had more than a couple tank slappers with those beasts. I'm 6'2" btw. I got into a 200cm p-30 GS race ski when they first came out in 98 iirc. That's my newest pair of skis. It was awesome to carve a ski back then, even if it was only 3 turns per run. Things have changed alot. I used to ski my dads 210 K2 Extremes for fun when I was about 6'.
We would tuck the hill in the pics Pete posted, and dudes would practically fall off the chair laughing and screaming. You could hit about 70 on that thing, but of course, we only weighed 120 lbs.!!
Pete, You're the man. I'm gonna show my dad those pics. I love em man, thanks for the memories! At the bottom of that hill theres a bowl, with a cat track that runs around the rim. If you blasted into that thing after tucking the whole run, you could shoot about 50' up into the woods. It was crazy. I miss it.....

It's all BS politics up there! They don't want to take sales from the Homestead so the resort can't get permits to open. I met a gentleman up there who has quite a bit of money invested in SugarLoaf and it just sits there and is destroyed by kids. The buildings are shot to [censored]. I have more pics if you wanna see em.

No way you're 6"

Posted By: TrouTrout Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:43 PM

Woooohooo, thats original!

Know what's really funny? That you don't get he's making fun of you with your own supid crybaby whining! Now THAT is funny!

Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:45 PM

No way you're 6"

are you referring to his height or length cupcake?
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:55 PM
Gaywad? don't you have anything better to do than be an internet junkie and make fun of kids for their old equipment???

LMFAO!!!
That's it..... This year i'm gonna go out with a mullet too. .... And i'm gonna make you ride with me on the chairlift.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:57 PM
This year it's duck-calls for everyone.

The girls "love the drake!"
Posted By: Sharkey_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 09:59 PM
I can still picture Mike face planting in a foot of the fluffy stuff and doing a complete somersault. Hilarious!
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/01/04 11:59 PM
I started in Blizzards in Elementary school, then ski club in Jr. High and racing in HS. I also used to race Jr. NASTAR. I met the Marhes and Stein Erikson when I was a kid. They were stars; I guess that dates me huh..

2 sticks for this cowboy. I tried to make the switch to those funny fat boards, but my heart wasn't in it. Neither were my arse, knees or wrists.

My old arsenal contained these relics at one time or another:

K2 710 FO's
Olin Mk. IV's
Olin Mk. II's
Dolomite Secret Weapons (stupid, but cool for a kid in HS)

Out of bounds in Breckenridge (about '92 based on the amount of hair I still had). Note my friends Snowboard, a new thing in the early 90's. She couldn't use it at Keystone, they weren't allowed yet.

Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 01:11 AM
It's all about form!

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 06:34 AM
i have a pic somewhere of me Shining a Slalom gate and it shattering. also a huge poster of myself at MT hood in oregon.

Horrible form trapps thats def 80 style skiing! feet way to close together
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 12:34 PM

Yea, well, I did date myself didn't I. I first strapped on a pair of Rossignol Tornados in 1978...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 01:20 PM

No way you're 6"

HAHA! Oops! 6'.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 04:11 PM
Gaywad? don't you have anything better to do than be an internet junkie and make fun of kids for their old equipment???

LMFAO!!!
That's it..... This year i'm gonna go out with a mullet too. .... And i'm gonna make you ride with me on the chairlift.

I'm rockin the full beard this year!
I'm gonnna go full viking helmet! And yell "Flava Flav!"
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 08:13 PM

Yea, well, I did date myself didn't I. I first strapped on a pair of Rossignol Tornados in 1978...

WOW thats old! lol That was before most of us where born...
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 09:17 PM

lol... most, but not all! and i don't think his form is all that bad for what appears to be an easy rec run down a mild hill....
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 09:52 PM

lol... most, but not all! and i don't think his form is all that bad for what appears to be an easy rec run down a mild hill....

The pic above was later on, much later, early 90's. Easy rec run I'm guessing it was the end of a long day...note lack of sunshine. Probably an easy cruise down some green near the bottom on the way back to the condo. Earlier in the day may have been a different story though I had three friends who moved to Breck after college. They were dialed into ALL of Summit county; more than half of my skiing there was out of bounds.

Yea old school. As for form, well, my shoulders are on the fall line, knees and hips bent, skis parallel and close (the closer the better back then) and that's actually a carve. In the 80's (as steeda correctly called it) that was the style.

My first outfit was the Tornados. They had Tyrolea 150D's on them, brand new that year (78?). My boots were either San Giorgio or San Marco, I don't recall.

I still ski the same way though; close parallel, carving and pole plants. For whatever reason, my coach at one point had a thing for pole plants. It got to the point where I considered giving up the organized stuff because I was sick of pole plant drills.

Unfortunately, I won't be seeing any action this year. The back won't be ready until next year. I'll have my kids out though. They had their first lessons at 5 & 6 1/2. Hello Playit again sports - they grow so fast and need new stuff every year.

So, when you all go out and hit the slopes this year, put in a run or two form me please.

Mark
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/02/04 10:16 PM
I don't pole plant i kinda do this fake drag the pole kinda thing hard to explain. it all depends what poles i had too. WIth my DH swans i was in a tuke 80% of the time.

ONe of my buddies in the AF skied just like you trapps its soo funny but theres some people who can even stand up on ski's.

If any of you wanna ride some out of this world fast ski's i would possibly let someone ride these New Atomics im getting. 2 Bottles of Cera F and 1/2 a bottle of Hertel Gold are going into them. its like $800 in wax but the things will be fast which is all i want.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/03/04 08:43 PM
I don't pole plant i kinda do this fake drag the pole kinda thing hard to explain. it all depends what poles i had too. WIth my DH swans i was in a tuke 80% of the time.

Swans!

ONe of my buddies in the AF skied just like you trapps its soo funny but theres some people who can even stand up on ski's.

I don't get it?

If any of you wanna ride some out of this world fast ski's i would possibly let someone ride these New Atomics im getting. 2 Bottles of Cera F and 1/2 a bottle of Hertel Gold are going into them. its like $800 in wax but the things will be fast which is all i want.

Dats a lot a wax. Have you tied Zaino? Which Atomics? (quality brand for sure!)

Mark
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/03/04 09:06 PM

I don't get it?

he means skiing without bending your legs at all.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/03/04 09:43 PM
Lol Thanks MX you are correct!

Atomic Beta Race 10.26 Race stock GS ski's
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/04/04 01:56 AM
skiing w/o bending your legs? Ouch, can you say knee pain?

Killer sticks -
Quote:

Review Abstract
â??Stiff,â? â??reactiveâ? and â??snappy,â? the Atomic BETA RACE 10.26 handle all terrain with amazing stability. Reviewers love the â??unstoppable edge hold, even on the firmest ice and hardpack,â? and note that they are â??solid and smooth under foot.â? Racers rave about the â??good balance,â? and say the skis â??cut GS turns with razor sharp precision.â? Reviewers say you cannot find a better racing ski.

Enjoy them. Do you still race?

The movie was amazing! Stazi won a MooseJaw Sweatshirt! They went to the bar, I am home sick now.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/04/04 05:19 PM
NO i dno't race anymore. Mainly becuase I hate Nastar with a passion. When One day im sure ill race nastar and start collecting buttons.

Ya i can't wait to get them on the snow. My other pair of SKi's are Rossi Racing Stock 9s's that i used to use my first year in college when i still raced USSA.

Check this out for Desktops!
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/04/04 08:30 PM
Mainly becuase I hate Nastar with a passion. When One day im sure ill race nastar and start collecting buttons.

Did something change since 1984? I had a lot of fun; although it was Jr. Nastar and I was, erm, young...I don't remember any buttons? Could be memory loss of some sort

I'll be honest, I haven't kept up on, or even watched competitive skiing (except for the Olympics) since '84 and earlier.

Mark
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Warren Miller 12/3 in East Lansing - 12/06/04 05:25 AM
Well nastar isn't the same as Like GS or Slalom cuase its ussually on a Blue run so more people can run it which means lower speeds. The way naster works is one person has like a handicap at the hill say like a 1-10 and then they run the course and it determines what the best time could possibly be ect ect. If you beat that time that the handicapguy got your get a nastar button or some [censored] that atleast how they did it in Norway, MI. Our guy had a Handicap of 4 and it would take him about 32 seconds to run this course. on slalom ski's i could get into the 20's with ease. If it where on Double blacks or even blacks then it would be better in my opionion. Its a good entry into the sport but nothing like HS,USSA, or Junior olympics or Team racing.

On another note i didn't get the Atomic 10.26's.. I got the Beta Race 10.22's in a 193cm. Im not gonna say the cost lets just say not alot...
© CEG Archives