Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 ZZZZZZZZ - 10/28/02 04:22 AM

Sure is quiet in here... Where's all my pennsy peeps? What's going on people??
WHEN'S THE NEXT MEET??
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/28/02 04:44 AM
Hey, did ya notice I have a time in my sig as well now?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/28/02 05:10 AM
Holy wow, no I didn't notice that! Nice!! I knew you had it in you... Now for the 13's...
I was thinking about putting my autox time in mine - much more impressive than my 1/4 limp.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/28/02 05:13 AM
And Terri wants to know why you didn't go to the show field and say hi...
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/29/02 01:00 AM
I never got to the show field. The early rain got us all screwed up and we were basically waiting in line for the track to re-open. Then we only got 2 trials. By the time I lost in the first round, the show was over and TommySVT was still running so I stuck around for moral support.
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/29/02 01:40 AM
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
I never got to the show field. The early rain got us all screwed up and we were basically waiting in line for the track to re-open. Then we only got 2 trials. By the time I lost in the first round, the show was over and TommySVT was still running so I stuck around for moral support.

I concur with his story.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/29/02 12:34 PM
And what was TOMMY's time in the 1/4 ???

Great E.T. , Jason !!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/29/02 02:43 PM
My best was 15.7, but I let off because I felt the 30 MPH die and I was going faster than my dial in.

Stupid headwinds.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/30/02 01:49 AM
Well , IIRC a 15.7 is what the car is supposed to run in the 1/4 in stock form ... so you're right on track . A 15.7 is what I ran in the 1/4 , stock ... I was OK with that (was wishing I could run faster ) . Haven't run the 1/4 since . My '95 SE (ATX) ran the 1/4 in the mid 16's ... I was happy with that , too !
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 10/31/02 12:33 AM
HOLY JEBUS!! Allen, thanks for gracing us with your presence!!
Where ya been you fraggle lookin' freak?
What's going on??!!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/02/02 07:32 PM
Man , after THAT reception , it's a wonder I show up at all !!!!!!!! I've just been really busy lately , helping out some friends (yea , I've got a couple ) . I just haven't had the time / energy to turn on the 'puter . Hopefully that'll change . I'm here in spirit anyways .

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/03/02 04:32 AM
Yeah, I know. We felt you hovering around. LOL
Might have to do a mod meet soon, got quoted $900 to install struts, springs and a arms. I don't think so.
Posted By: CZboyovski_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/03/02 08:27 AM
hey guys, i'd be up for a meet near Thanksgiving time!!!, lemme know what's up, i don't really get a chance to sign on here often, but if some1 could drop me an e-mail that'd be cool, Cya l8r

~Craig
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/03/02 05:31 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Yeah, I know. We felt you hovering around. LOL
Might have to do a mod meet soon, got quoted $900 to install struts, springs and a arms. I don't think so.

All I can say about the spring/strut install project is that it was no easy task (and my car only had about 12 thou or so on it when I did it ) . I'm sure stuff really gets stuck on there with a bunch more miles on it . Plus , you're doing the adjustable camber plates too (that might complicate things too ... I don't know for sure) . It took me about 10 hrs. to do mine , all inclusive) . Where did you get your adjustable camber plates from (and how much ?) ??
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/04/02 06:21 AM
I ordered them from CTAMotorsports (BAT) and I think they were $49 or something like that. I forget really - got so much stuff at the same time!
Posted By: oilman930_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/04/02 02:01 PM
Hey,how's everybody been? We should meet before everybody decided to sell their car.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/04/02 03:29 PM
Sell their car??! Who on EARTH would do that!??!

Originally posted by oilman930:
Hey,how's everybody been? We should meet before everybody decided to sell their car.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/05/02 08:05 AM

WHOAH!! Steve, too??!! Nice! How ya been?

Well, cars in the shop as of (since it's actually early morning right now) last night. Only doing the struts/springs/a arms/outer tie rods/adjustable castercamber kit. Will do the rear sway bar at a later date when I have the upgraded backing plates.

But I'm still up for a meet!!

PS>Shut up Sal.
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/05/02 01:53 PM

Well, cars in the shop as of (since it's actually early morning right now) last night. Only doing the struts/springs/a arms/outer tie rods/adjustable castercamber kit. Will do the rear sway bar at a later date when I have the upgraded backing plates.

But I'm still up for a meet!!

PS>Shut up Sal.

That is going to set you back a pretty penny there.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/06/02 07:15 AM
Unfortunately yes, it did. Or will. Whatever. I just couldn't get the time to do it. I suppose I could stay up all day and do it and go to work at night - but I like my sleep too much. Plus it gets hectic at work.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/06/02 12:52 PM

WHOAH!! Steve, too??!! Nice! How ya been?

Hey now ... Steve snuck one in there too . What's up , Steve ?!?!
Posted By: The_Realest Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/06/02 09:53 PM

What mods do you have if any?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/07/02 12:37 AM
Originally posted by The_Realest:

What mods do you have if any?

Um, not many...
Posted By: The_Realest Re: ZZZZZZZZ - 11/07/02 07:29 AM
Impressive!.. Im definately takin my baby to the track when i take her out of storage in the spring.
© CEG Archives