Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Rough Day - 09/04/06 04:56 AM
so i took this girl out tonight. my left brake light blew right as a cop was behind me, so i got a ticket for that. when i got home, i thought it would make me feel better to go on the computer and listen to some music. while listening to that, i got an email from the guy i was gonna buy a 00 CSVT from saying that a man already gave him a check for the car. can anyone here cheer me up?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 12:28 PM
Bummer of a night for you, sorry.

You got a ticket, not a faulty? It's only a brake light, he could have been nice and given you the faulty and a chance to fix it first.

I would go to court and show that you got it fixed. Most likely the Judge would then toss the ticket for you.

The guy sold the car out from under you? He should have contacted you first. Not a nice thing to do.

You did have a heck of a day. I hope things turn around for you!
Posted By: ArT2Oo0 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 04:59 PM
Damn man that sucks.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 07:47 PM
We had Hurricane Ernesto come through this weekend. I had to work 16 hours on Friday so I didn't get to go out and have a beer.
I worked 8 hrs on Saturday, drove to NY and back to look at a car I didn't like. Didn't have time for a beer.
I worked 12 hours on Sunday dispatching all of Bucks County by myself, 20 crews, trying to clear up all of the damage from the hurricane. Had to write a college paper = no beer.
Today I find out I'm getting forced into working another 16 hour day after they told me they were going to go by low man on the totem pole vs. how many hours of O/T you've worked this year. Well, I wasn't the low man and they decided it was going to be me anyway because my boss doesn't like me. No beer yet.
It could be worse.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 08:19 PM
John,
that sucks, i am drunk right now... at 4:15 in the afternoon... helping a neighbor kick his keg of something gold, a microbrew. More info later.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 08:28 PM
John, think of the check you're going to get!!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 09:06 PM
I
don't
get
overtime
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 09:45 PM
Update:

John, it was stoudt's gold lager, which was pretty good. I drank about 10 beers, I am now going biking. I will ttyl.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 09:50 PM
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
Update:

John, it was stoudt's gold lager, which was pretty good. I drank about 10 beers, I am now going biking. I will ttyl.

Sounds like a great idea.
(Yes, Stoudt's is good.)
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Rough Day - 09/04/06 11:42 PM
Originally posted by möbius:
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
Update:

Sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me ...

John - bummer 'bout the no overtime deal
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 12:40 AM
Originally posted by möbius:
I
don't
get
overtime

Opps,I guess I need to read more!!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 01:29 AM
Shawn, ya feeling any better after reading the replies?
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 01:54 AM
Feel better john,
There will be beer to drink later.
I switched to rum.
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 02:04 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Shawn, ya feeling any better after reading the replies?

lol, ehh a little. i was in florida during ernesto when the guy sold it. i actually had an extra brake light bulb in the car. i fixed it right in front of the cop and he still wrote me a ticket.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 10:50 AM
Wow. I keep a spare bulb in my glovebox, planning for that very situation. What a jerk. ( the cop, not Shawn )
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 11:46 AM
that does sound like a jerk cop, if the light went out while driving how are you suppose to know ... its not like it was out for weeks and you just didn't fix it ...
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 03:20 PM
Any ticket like that in NYS, once you fix it, it should be dismissed. Show up on your court date and tell the judge it is fixed.
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: Rough Day - 09/05/06 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
that does sound like a jerk cop, if the light went out while driving how are you suppose to know ... its not like it was out for weeks and you just didn't fix it ...

exactly! he was behind me for a while too, and during that time, the brake light worked just fine. i went to the police station today and cleared everything up
oh yeah, the cop that pulled me over had a blown headlight
© CEG Archives