Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 I have a new mod.. - 09/02/06 09:47 PM
Since it was such a [censored] day out we decided to install this:

For those of you contemplating the Mystique rear dome light mod, it's easy.

Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/02/06 11:39 PM
looks good,
i made my sunroof work again today
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/02/06 11:43 PM
nice!

My mod for the day was putting a hole in the ball joint boot.

yours is alot nicer then mine. And probably less expensive. lol
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 12:14 AM
great interior mod to complete ... I got myself a stab-o-shic today for my SE and tomorrow I may go forward with my header install, new alternator and my underdriven and lightened pulleys ... or I may not do the headers, not sure yet ...
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 12:16 AM
Great job , Christine !! It's SUCH a worthwhile addition to the car , I can't imagine why EVERYONE hasn't added it .
Posted By: Aaron 98 SE Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 03:01 AM
Looks great Chris!

I guess I'll have to think about doing this soon.

I'm just trying to stay dry for now. Haven't even been able to wash the car since the meet. But, I did get the sails on! Yipee! They look awesome with the black spoiler.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 01:50 PM
I'm pleased with it.

Doug, how did you fix the sunroof?

Scott, are you almost done with the car? I didn't hear from you, we were prepared to come help you this weekend too.

Brian, more mods. When we were doing the headers we were thinking of doing the alternator since it was so much easier to get at with the parts removed. We didn't and I'm sure we'll regret it.

Aaron, glad you got the sails on. I bet they do look good.

Allen, I can't believe how easy it was. I've been wanting to do this for some time now, yesterday was a great day for this. I like it.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 04:40 PM
Nice!!! Details on price and part source please!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Nice!!! Details on price and part source please!

junk yard from a Mystique, should be about $15 at the most, you can get some of the wiring harness or just run your own wires

don't forget the headliner has fiberglass in it ...
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: I have a new mod.. - 09/03/06 05:59 PM
I'm good I think. I have the driveshafts back together now for sure! haha but Like I mentioned I put a hole in the ball joint boot yesterday. So I am now back to where I started (about to reinstall the strut).

Hopefully that goes well and the passenger side will be done before dinner today (sunday). then I'm aiming to get the other side off and ready to be put back on tomorrow.

but somewhere inbetween I need to get phsyics and statics work done. both which are due Wednesday morning and Tuesday is shot from classes and that night I am meeting a lady friend ( ). So I am on schedule as long as I don't hit any hiccups!

And if I do, my car is going to get a hover conversion done in the 21st century so I can fly over the pit that will be the new garage that is goint to be started this week!
Anyone have an extra Mystique dome light they don't want???
well I got my alternator and lightened and undersdriven pulleys on today ... no headers as the rest took me all day... thinking it will be better to do them when the car is parked in a garage for the first 30 days after it is painted ...
teamSVTour, I might have an extra dome light laying around somewhere. If I don't, I live by quite a few junkyards that would either give me them for cheap or just let me have them for nothing. Where about are you located?
Sounds like you made some good progress today Brian.
When is your car getting painted? I can't wait to see more pictures when it's done!!

I have one of those dome lights sitting in my parts bin, I should really install it.

I fixed my foglight today. Both work now, and the car is back together 100%... minus two broken tabs on the sunroof motor cover peice, but that will be fixed and jb welded later.
Originally posted by LUCA:
When is your car getting painted? I can't wait to see more pictures when it's done!!

well it was suppose to have gone in tuesday but I waited to long and someone else got in line for a full strip/paint and their car is worse then mine so it is goign to take them 3 weeks to finish that car ... so it looks to be by mid october I hope, or possible sooner if they can take it ...
Originally posted by BrApple:
Originally posted by LUCA:

well it was suppose to have gone in tuesday but I waited to long and someone else got in line for a full strip/paint and their car is worse then mine so it is goign to take them 3 weeks to finish that car ... so it looks to be by mid october I hope, or possible sooner if they can take it ...

It'll be worth the wait !
Luca, if you don't quit modding your car....you'll go blind. J/K. I'm just jealous. This is one I may do over X-mas break. Looks cool.
Originally posted by getsum111:
Luca, if you don't quit modding your car....you'll go blind. J/K.

LMFAO !!
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Originally posted by getsum111:
Luca, if you don't quit modding your car....you'll go blind. J/K.

LMFAO !!

OMG, that was funny Scott! I was LMAO!

Brian, it will be worth the wait. I think I'm as anxious as you to see the finished product.
© CEG Archives