Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZeroHour Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/28/06 11:57 PM
Tomorrow night I'm going up to easton to the Regal cinema on 248. I was suppose to go with a couple of friends from HS and college but it looks like its going to be me and one other lonely guy from ESU. lol

If anyone wants to, we're going to see Clerks 2. Or we could just have a mini meet in the mall parking lot up there. The movie is at 8pm. If we just want to met, I could be up there probably 3-4pm earliest.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/29/06 02:42 PM
I'll stop over to meet up with you. It's only about 15-20 mintues away from me.

You have my cell, give me a shout later and let me know what time.

I'll even bring the SVT.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/29/06 06:33 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I'll even bring the SVT.

Even I haven't seen the car yet.

Oh, and I found out just any aftermarket shift knob won't work for me...stupid reverse.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/29/06 06:51 PM
If you want to see the car you'd better get down to the movie theater then.

You can take out the reverse lockout and then you can use any knob.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/29/06 07:52 PM
If you want to see the car you'd better get down to the movie theater then.

You can take out the reverse lockout and then you can use any knob.

I have work tonight. D'oh.

How do I take it out? From what I could tell, the shift boot is part of the ring you need to lift up to get into reverse.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/29/06 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Pen_Two:

How do I take it out? From what I could tell, the shift boot is part of the ring you need to lift up to get into reverse.

Hugo gives you a description of how it's done. Last post on the first page:

Reverse lockout

You can't find a shift knob that you like with the reverse lockout? Have you checked BAT? They have a few in there.
Scott's tour:

Scott's painted drums:

Scott's friend was there also with his Chevy:

Two I took today at Pocono Raceway:

Hope you didn't get lost going home Scott.
Nice drums Scott! I painted mine also and thought it made a huge difference.
I agree, it does make a big difference.
Today was a great day for a small roadtrip. Gotta enjoy the nice weather while you can!
Originally posted by Aaron 98 SE:
Gotta enjoy the nice weather while you can!

True. Before ya know it it will be snowing.

Hey Scott, Aaron wants to know if my engine is clean.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 10:50 AM

Hugo gives you a description of how it's done. Last post on the first page:

Reverse lockout

You can't find a shift knob that you like with the reverse lockout? Have you checked BAT? They have a few in there.

I might place the order for a shift knob when I place my order for my wheels. =P

It's official, next week I'm ordering myself a set of those 17" Euro wheels in black. =P
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 02:22 PM

It's official, next week I'm ordering myself a set of those 17" Euro wheels in black. =P

Nice!

Scott...where are you? Did you get lost again?
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 08:29 PM
man I tell you what after finding delaware last night I finally made it home this afternoon...I'm glad I has gas money
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 08:33 PM
haha JK!

No we found out that in lower nazareth, there was a turn that we missed. You need to up about 1/3 of a block. As far as we know, it was unmarked!

Oh and I love the pictuer of my car with teh 99 cent king sign behind it. lol!

This afternoon we also went up to Hesler's dair bar/mini golf/driving range. It is an absolute beautiful drive up there. We need to have a meet there sometime. In the fall it would be fantastic drive to see all the leaves.

oh and I got more pictures. haha I'll post them soon.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 08:58 PM
Delaware. LMAO! Of course it wouldn't have suprised me.

Originally posted by ZeroHour:

No we found out that in lower nazareth, there was a turn that we missed. You need to up about 1/3 of a block. As far as we know, it was unmarked!

I was thinking about this last night trying to figure out where things went wrong. When you came through Bath at the 512 interchange you should have turned left at the gas station and right at the next light. That puts you back on 248. Or, as you did, continue straight, at the end you actually ran into 248 but you turned right instead of left.

Oh and I love the pictuer of my car with teh 99 cent king sign behind it. lol!

Me too.

This afternoon we also went up to Hesler's dair bar/mini golf/driving range. It is an absolute beautiful drive up there. We need to have a meet there sometime. In the fall it would be fantastic drive to see all the leaves.

Where is Hesler's?

Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Last minute mini meet and movie night? - 07/30/06 09:21 PM
I need to check that spelling. lol

Hesler is in Tamaqua. The place is a little bit past ez pull. Where we stopped at that gas station, you keep going east on 895. A little bit down the 895 is there is a turn and you go onto a single yellow strip road. The road is twist and turns through the woods and looks like a road that leads into the middle of no where. But after 5 miles the road opens up to the dairybar which was most likely a dairy farm at one point. I'll try to find directions on mapquest. lol

Edit: Directions from EZ pull

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going WEST on PA-895 / SUMMER VALLEY RD toward GOOSE POND RD. Continue to follow PA-895. 3.8 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto COLD RUN RD. 1.8 miles Map

3: COLD RUN RD becomes TOWNSHIP RD 857. 2.8 miles Map

4: End at Heisler Cloverleaf Dairy Inc
743 Catawissa Rd, Tamaqua, PA 18252, US Map

Total Est. Time: 19 minutes Total Est. Distance: 8.55 miles
© CEG Archives