Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: getsum111 help from NYC CEG's. - 07/16/06 07:24 PM
This week my wife is finally getting to fulfill a long-time ambition, she's goping to see Madonna at Madison Square Garden. I'm not going to the show, but I will be driving out with her to the Big Apple. What I needc help with is this, I really want some pics of my car with the Statue of Liberty in the background. Can anyone suggest the best spot to go. A specific street name would be great, so I don't get lost. I've only been to NY once, and that was about 20 years ago, before I drove. I'd love to meet up with some folks, but we're only there one night, then back to Pittburgh the next day. Wow, what a roadtrip. Anyway, thanks for any photo tips.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 01:18 AM
I don't think you can get any good pictures, since the SOL is out pretty far. I guess you could try Battery Park, decent view from there.
Posted By: TGO Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 03:53 AM
yeah you're not gonna get anything good...closest you'll get to the statue is on the ferry, and the car won't be on deck.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 02:14 PM
Bummer. Thanks for the help anyway.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 02:16 PM
might try somewhere over in New Jersey
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 02:47 PM
Liberty State Park in NJ might work.

From that road and parking lot, you can maybe get some good pics. Worth a shot IMO.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 08:27 PM
That does look promising. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: R_G Re: help from NYC CEG's. - 07/17/06 10:41 PM
Originally posted by getsum111:
This week my wife is finally getting to fulfill a long-time ambition, she's hoping to see Madonna at Madison Square Garden.

Off-topic: what's she's paying? I had this offer from my work at like $285 for VIP + drinks + food when M. was at Philla like a couple of weeks ago, but I decided against it - over $500 for both my wife and me....
© CEG Archives