Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Anm8_dup1 Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/13/06 10:08 PM
Just go a new job in Jersey as a Character Animator for games so I am moving out on Friday! About the only apaartment I found that has an immediate openeing is in Matawan. Any thing I should know about the area? I called the Police department to find out some info and the lady was born and raised in that area. Said its nice and I should be fine! I just figured I would try to get some local advice and of course say hello to fellow CEG's out there!

Thanks!
Posted By: TGO Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/13/06 10:33 PM
from what i've seen doing work out there, seems like a decent old fashoined neighborhood. Lots of old houses, lots of people who have probably lived there for a long time, and lots of families with kids. And, it's close to everything.
Originally posted by Anm8:
Just go a new job in Jersey

I'm sorry.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/14/06 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Banned At Heart:
Just go a new job in Jersey

I'm sorry.

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/14/06 01:17 AM
Welcome to the Northeast section!
Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like lots of fun.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/14/06 06:16 PM
Fitting screen name! Welcome to Northeast
I was looking at homes in Matawan not too long ago. Nice area, quiet as well. My girlfriend lives in Morganville, about 5 mins from Matawan, so I'm always down there.
Posted By: Anm8_dup1 Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/25/06 05:32 PM
Okay, scratch Matawan. The area was nice but the apartment was not ready, nor very nice. Ended up in North Bruswick and work in Manalapan off of tennent road. Company just moved from Morganville.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Aside from the crazy jug handles ---> no left turn anywhere and the gas pumping law, things are great! No if only the humidity would go away so I can finish moving my stuff in without losing 5 gallons of water from sweat!

Posted By: TGO Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/25/06 05:51 PM
i have a client that has an office in freehold, and he lives on tennent road. what's the name of the company you work for??
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/27/06 11:20 PM
Okay, scratch Matawan. The area was nice but the apartment was not ready, nor very nice. Ended up in North Bruswick and work in Manalapan off of tennent road. Company just moved from Morganville.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Aside from the crazy jug handles ---> no left turn anywhere and the gas pumping law, things are great! No if only the humidity would go away so I can finish moving my stuff in without losing 5 gallons of water from sweat!

Manalapan generally is a very affluent community - mostly ex-NYC ppl. Also it's a real short distance to the Englishtown RaceTrack . If your work is in Manalapan then North Brunswick ain't the best choice - sorry (distance). The better ones would be somewhere between Route 9 and Route 33 - either express or business. Like TGO said, it could be Freehold, Highstown and surroundings, Twin River and East Windsor - the latter two got tons of affordable apartment complexes.

As far as safety and crime rate concerned - North Brunswick, South Brunswick and East Brunswick are all fine - New Brunswick is not.

G'luck and welcome to the NE.

P.S. Yup, humidity is a killer here
Posted By: TGO Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/28/06 12:23 AM
Originally posted by R_G:
North Brunswick, South Brunswick and East Brunswick are all fine - New Brunswick is not.

really?? I had family just move from right behind st. peters hospital. It was always mostly quiet there, though the college kids were kinda loud sometimes.
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/28/06 11:46 PM
Rutgers kids don't "rule" there no more - right by St. Peters and Robert Wood Johnson, Route 27 and the surroundings it's all ghetto there - with gangs and what not.

Now that's the typical situation in every "large" city in NJ - Camden, Trenton, New Brunswick, Paterson, Jersey City, AC, Newark - they all go from bad to worse with constantly increasing gang violence, guns, etc. All of them were voted as the most dangerous places in NJ...
Posted By: TGO Re: Moving to Jersey!!! How is Matawan??? - 06/28/06 11:50 PM
wow, i mean yeah i know where the bad parts of the town were...but where they lived (duke street) always seemed to be a quiet area to me. And up and down easton ave.

seriously, all the problems they had over the years were related to the college kids. One got too drunk one night and tried to come in their house via the front door. My uncle promptly told the guy to go sleep it off somewhere else, and he proceeded to try and kick their door down!!
© CEG Archives