Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 12:30 PM
Just thought I'd bring some info to everyone's attention , especially if someone's not happy about donating to the food fund at the carlisle show .

With only adding up what a couple spent on food/stuffs for the Carlisle show , I easily came up with $300+ . By placing a donation box in the tent , we raised $85 to help offset some of the costs spent by some people . It's not like we over-bought really bad on food , as there wasn't really that much left over (some hamburgers , cheese , a few rolls , mostly-eaten bags of chips , some dip ... stuff like that) . It's really not all about the money & stuff , seeing as this is the first year we've had a donation box in the tent . I'm sure we'd have the CEG picnic anyways .
There's some discussion about next year's club picnic @ Carlisle . We may go to a pre-pay dealie (maybe $20) , with food cards given out to people (with their names on it) , then we'll use that money raised to buy bulk food @ Sams or whatever , and not have people worry about bringing food . Plus that would let the people who show up on friday have something to eat , rather than waiting for people (like me ) who show up on saturday to bring plates , salads , condiments , etc. to bring their stuff .

What do you guys think about the pre-pay idea for the food ??

I REALLY apreciate that people donated to the food fund - every little bit helps . Where else can you stuff food down your cake-hole all weekend for a $10 donation ?? CEG rocks !
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 12:40 PM
I am down for what ever works, I gave more then what was asked not that it really matters

what ever makes it most fair to everyone is the best way to go, unless people are happy with how things have been in the past, then don't change what isn't broke
Posted By: getsum111 Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 12:47 PM
Allen, you know me. I'll go along with whatever works out best for the group. I don't mind bringing whatever I signed up for, but if a donation is easier, I'll do that that too.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Plus that would let the people who show up on friday have something to eat , rather than waiting for people (like me ) who show up on saturday to bring plates , salads , condiments , etc. to bring their stuff .

What do you guys think about the pre-pay idea for the food ??

We had plates and condiments just no plastic ware to eat with.

Seriously, that sounds like a plan.

If this is what we decide to do, I am considering bringing/registering my Exploder next year. We can load everything in it and not have to worry about trying to fit everything into the Contours.

A huge thank you to all that brought items and donated this year!
Posted By: Checker'd SVT Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 06:54 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
We had plates and condiments just no plastic ware to eat with.

Seriously, that sounds like a plan.

If this is what we decide to do, I am considering bringing/registering my Exploder next year. We can load everything in it and not have to worry about trying to fit everything into the Contours.

A huge thank you to all that brought items and donated this year!

What do you mean fit it into the contours!!!

Trunk Space

Trunk Space
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 07:41 PM
LOL! You were packed! I had no room left either.
If we are bringing everything next year it all won't fit in our two cars, that's for sure.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 10:52 PM
That sounds good. Even $20 is a hell of a good deal compared to the food prices at the show. And it was fun eating cheeseburgers w/o any utensils AND no buns.
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 10:53 PM
Sounds like a good plan...
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/09/06 11:36 PM
Well , we have 11 months & 3 weeks to decide what we wanna do , but I wanted to fill everyone in on what's been tossed around in conversation with me , and what was actually spent on the foodstuffs .
Of course , I'm down for whatever the group wants .
Posted By: Chris06Fusion Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/10/06 01:14 AM
works for me!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/10/06 02:34 AM
Allen,

The downside to our current system of everyone bringing something is this - some obviously contribute (spend) a lot more than others.

Here is my suggestion:

- 2 - 5 people provide ALL food/drinks. Keep tabs on how much is spent by each person.
- compile list of attendees and what days they wish to eat/drink to gauge how much food to purchase
- charge $10 per day for what is basically all-you-can-eat/drink
- create a sign similar to this year's, but says something along the lines of:

"...food and drinks have been provided by the following CEGers:
- Christine (LUCA)
- Allen (Buddy Palumbo)
- etc.

To partake in the food and drinks, reimburse these individuals with $10 per person per day..."

- collect funds and divide amongst those who provided the food and drinks

My .02 cents.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/10/06 01:37 PM
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less . Not to mention any names , but ONE person this year , spent around $120 on supplies . The rest of it was made up of ~$60 increments - not to mention the drinks/beer people brought . I don't mind doing the 4-5 people shopping/making foodstuffs (it's a picnic , you'll spend some money) , we're just trying to make it more "fair/even" amongst those who do .

Thoughts ??
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/12/06 12:32 PM
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less.

You misunderstood my post - I did mean collect money beforehand!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: FYI - Carlisle food money - 06/13/06 12:50 AM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
The only thing about charging (read:taking donatons) the day of the event is that , like our current system , we're buying loads of food , then going on total speculation as to how much will be eaten (or how much $$ will be collected) . Whereas if we take donations beforehand , we'll have a more accurate commitment by people and will more accurately know how much to spend . I'm sure we'll overbuy/overspend , but the hit to the collective wallets will be much less.

You misunderstood my post - I did mean collect money beforehand!

Cool-Dat . My bad , yo !
© CEG Archives