Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Damn car - 06/06/06 04:47 AM
So I was having problems with it stalling. Today the check engine light came on, the low gas light came on and the high beam light started flashing... all within about 2 miles. I parked it at a ford dealership about half a mile away from the CEL. I walked in, told the man I had a CEL and the car was being stupid... handed him my keys and walked 10 miles home. I <3 this car more every day.
Posted By: Chris06Fusion Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 10:09 AM
10 miles? What dealership did you leave it at? Sure wasn't chapman.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 10:47 AM
sounds like a bad battery to me
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 03:59 PM
sounds like you need a hug...
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 06:38 PM
I picked it up today.

171 dollars to have them give me a code... unhook the light in my trunk which was draining my battery... and not look at my brakes.

My car is now on jackstands sans wheels in my garage and isn't moving until I figure out how to fix the brakes. The drivers side is apart right now and I am trying to figure out how it works. I hate this car so much. Once it gets fixed I will seriously consider trading it for a civic or something that will not break, or will be cheap/easy to fix when it does. This is [censored]. Thanks.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 08:04 PM
What's wrong with your brakes?

Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 09:08 PM
The brakes are squealing really bad at light - mediumlight braking. Right now the problem i have is that the caliper is moving around like crazy even with the whole thing bolted up. It moves quite a bit and i might get a video of it later. Oh, and I found a new way to bling the engine bay.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 09:45 PM
Hey guy, don't sweat it. When your car starts stalling 500 miles from home.. yeah The world is a much bigger place when you have to walk it
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: Damn car - 06/06/06 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Banned At Heart:
The brakes are squealing really bad at light - mediumlight braking. Right now the problem i have is that the caliper is moving around like crazy even with the whole thing bolted up. It moves quite a bit and i might get a video of it later. Oh, and I found a new way to bling the engine bay.

There are only four attachment points for the entire front brake...two bracket bolts and two slide pin bolts. One of those might be broken or stripped which might be causing your problem.
Posted By: rouar Re: Damn car - 06/10/06 06:48 AM
What's with the trunk light draining people's batteries these days? A friend of mine had the exact same problem with his Acura TL (car needed to be jumped if left alone for a day or two ... took many dealership trips for them to figure out the problem!)
© CEG Archives