Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/04/06 11:15 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out & participated at the Carlisle meet this weekend . It was good seeing everyone again , and meeting the new faces . A special thanks goes out to the hardcore folks that drove great distances to meet up .

My car's already washed (again) & put away in the garage till the next meet .
Posted By: Chris06Fusion Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/04/06 11:19 PM
Just got done washing mine too. Its back in the garage all clean! Thanks to everyone for letting me hang with all you since I haven't owned a contour since 2003
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/04/06 11:26 PM
Holy heck - is it THAT long ?!?!
Posted By: Chris06Fusion Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/04/06 11:40 PM
Yep, July of 03 is when I got the truck. I didn't keep it long either.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 01:09 AM
Just got in. Great drive home. Thanks all for a great time. Geoff and I had a blast. Can't wait till next year!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 01:21 AM
Glad that you made it home safely Scott.

I hope the guy with the SVT with the body kit joins the CEG as well as the guy (with the SE) from Ontario. Great meeting and talking with both of you!

It was great seeing everyone again!
I'm home too. I had a great time this weekend! It was nice to meet everyone.

Oh, and just as i suspected, my CEG shirt came while i was there... and he sent the rear window stickers too!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 01:37 AM
just finished unloading and covering the car up, great to see everyone I had a great time also
Posted By: ilive4sports Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 02:26 AM
Even though i wasnt part of it this year i want to say thanks because i liked looking at all your Contours. I had a good time there this year between looking at all the cars and finding some new places to take the Contour and the Mustang. So what was the best day? I was there yesterday and there were a nice amount of pretty nice cars there overall.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 12:13 PM
Saturday's always the best day attendence-wise . Although , this year , most people stuck around for sunday also , which was really cool . I didn't get a totaly head count on sunday , but I'd say at least 75% of everyone that was there on saturday , was around for sunday . I'm happy for that .

I'm glad you guys made it home OK with no incidents . It was great hangin' with the group again . Can't wait till next year .
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 02:04 PM
My 5 hour drive turned into a 7 1/2 hr drive. There was a huge fatal accident on I-87 North and the road was shut down and I was stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours. Still, the drive down to Carlisle was totally worth it!!!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 02:24 PM
Thanks to everyone - especially those who really went the extra mile to hook everyone up with the great spread. I was full all weekend!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 02:46 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Thanks to everyone - especially those who really went the extra mile to hook everyone up with the great spread. I was full all weekend!

Yes. Geoff and I are going to kidnap Brian so he can get us breakfast at our campsite. Thanks for all the cooking Brian. It was great. Only 362 days till next year!
Posted By: Checker'd SVT Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 07:24 PM
No problem! LUCA and I are already planning next year!!!

I think we collected $85 for the food this year, and if nobody has an issue with it I think we should put it towards the tent for next year.

Brian
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Checker'd SVT:

I think we collected $85 for the food this year, and if nobody has an issue with it I think we should put it towards the tent for next year.

Brian

As long as the people that spent tons of money on food are offered some reimbursment!
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 07:45 PM
Thanks again for all the great food and good time...maybe next year I'll stay Saturday and Sunday. It was nice meeting some more members this year, seeing everyones cars and some of the new mods/changes as well

-Scott
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 08:55 PM

Brian

No problem here...
Posted By: rac74 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 09:49 PM
This was our first outing with the CEG group and I must say that it was a pleasure being part of the group.It was also great putting a face to a name and their car.Special thanks to the people that put alot of time into organizing the tent......hope to see ya'll next year.

Rick and Joe
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/05/06 11:30 PM
Rick and Joe, we were glad that you came up. I enjoyed talking with you.

Seems as though we all had a great time again this year. Looking forward to next year.

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 01:39 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:

Seems as though we all had a great time again this year. Looking forward to next year.

It's always good to see everyone and their cars. My son really enjoys seeing all the things people do with their rides. Of course, hundreds of other Fords doesn't hurt either. The only bad thing is that it always ends up with "see ya next year".
Posted By: Chris06Fusion Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 10:13 AM

Brian

Sounds good to me.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 11:05 AM

Brian

I think that's a good idea.
Posted By: JayNHL Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 04:56 PM
hey everyone... i didnt bring my csvt to this this year but i was the guy blockin ur pictures on saturday with the blue focus... sorry lol... i was drunk n sittin down at the camp site n didnt realisle it... crap i even stalled it tryin to pull out lol... looked like a pretty good turn out for the tour's... there were some really nice ones... i was talkin to doug for alittle i guess he said he got banned lol...

LUCA if that was ur silver one with the lip it was looking really nice... u did alot since i last saw it... speekin of last time i saw it was at the hoffman ford show here in harrisburg... i just got a flyer about it its aug 6th i believe... keep looking i'll post the info about it soon... i'll be takin the focus to it this year unlike last year lol...

well sorry again for blockin ur picture taking on saturday... btw just woundering who won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the tours??? i voted for ya luca... sorry everybody else... once again man it was lookin good so was the others including that bagged one on 20's??? wow if it was... well good turn out and glad to see u guys got a tent too, us focus people couldnt get organized enough to get one...

jason
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 05:01 PM
Wow, that was your Focus. Looked sweet! We appreciate you moving it for us, we got some pretty cool pics. Who was the focus that did the burnout? That was cool. Thanks again, hope to see ya next year.
Posted By: JayNHL Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 06:49 PM
Thanks man surprisingly i got 1st too ... the guy who did the burnout was henk he had a 03 black zx3... hell ya i never thought he would do that good let alone blow one out... it sure was fun to watch tho cuz the whole crowd when he pulled in started booin him and when he started spinning it they began to cheer then he blew it out and they all got on there feet... it was great... didnt know a almost stock focus could do that...

jason
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 08:02 PM
Hey Jay!
I waved to you a few times but never got your attention.

That was my silver SVT with the splitter. Thanks for the compliments.

I did manage to get a couple of pictures of your car in the parade:

I'm not sure we'll make the Hoffman show this year but hopefully we can catch up sometime soon.

Congrats on your win!! You have a very nice looking Focus!

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/06/06 11:23 PM
As others have said , thanks for movin' the car for us . We were strugglin' . I got a couple pics of your car too , for sure on sunday - check 'em out in this thread . The car looked great .

Keep us posted on the Hoffman Ford show ...
Posted By: ElKy Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/07/06 12:59 PM
are his fenders carbon fiber?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/07/06 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
are his fenders carbon fiber?

i didn't look that closely but I believe they where

someone also said the car had 225 hp untuned
Posted By: richs_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/07/06 04:37 PM
Before I forget. Thanks again to all the people helping make sure the Carlisle event is great. And again special thanks to Chef Brian. If not for him we would all starve.

Hope to see you next year.

Rich S
Posted By: JayNHL Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/07/06 05:17 PM
well theres another local show here after the hoffman show i'll post up about when i get the info its at a local mall (colonial park mall) maybe u tour people would be interested in that one... nothing major just alittle show for all cars my pops takes his 59 austin healey bug eye every year and since we can park side by side i always take my focus...

yes they are cf fenders... and yes currently the car is running off a base type tune cuz i didnt get my cam gears on yet and no sense in puttin it on the dyno twice since it ant cheap... i'd say at the current time yes 225 or so is about rite... with a smaller turbo and at 4psi i put down 180 n im still kinda runnin off that tune... im now runnin 9psi with a turbo about doube the size and when i put the cam gears on it and go get her tuned i'll put the 10.5lbs spring in n with the gears i hope to be somewhere around the 250-260 hp and tq... thats ur basic bolt ons and a t3 super 60 bb turbo thats about it... its a bb turbo so the tq numbers are rite there with the hp...

jason

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/08/06 07:46 AM
I had fun seeing the few people I did on Friday, wish I could have stayed longer.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/09/06 01:28 PM
Let me know when the other show is Jason. Hopefully we can do a "meet" at that show.

John, it was great seeing you. I wish you could have stayed longer too. I hope ya snagged a few Pib's to take with you.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Official Carlisle "thank you" post - 06/11/06 07:01 PM
Nah, I only got to drink the one. But it was good and thank you. I'm sincerely hoping next year will be better. I had a lot of stuff going on that weekend (still do...).
© CEG Archives