Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CobraII351 Hello All... - 06/04/06 10:09 PM
Thought I would stop by and say hello. We had parked my wifes green 95 LX up on the hill behind the the show field at Carlisle, and on my way out for the evening Friday I was flagged down and had a nice discussion with a unknown member. I was "told" (more like asked..)To stop in and at least say hello. I've been a member for some time since we purchased the car a couple of years ago. I've only posted a couple of tie to ask some troubleshooting ?'s. I will have to make this one of my "daily" stops while surfing.

Thanks for the kind invite and look forward to seeing some of you again.

Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: Hello All... - 06/04/06 10:57 PM
glad you finally decided to start stopping by! Welcome!

we've got some good people recruiting around here
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Hello All... - 06/04/06 10:57 PM
Yes , you must certainly make this an everyday stop . We've always got something going on . We're a friendly bunch (well , most of us ) & are always looking for good conversation , especially when sitting under the tent at Carlisle .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:05 AM
You posted. That was me that you were talking to.
It was very nice meeting and talking to you and your wife!
I hope you stick around.
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:14 AM
LOL...somehow i knew it was LUCA that talked to you!

ive never met you luca but i can tell that your one of the nicest people that ive never met haha
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:17 AM
LOL!
I have my moments.

Are you coming to Carlisle next year?
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:20 AM
well i had originally planned on coming this year but planns changed and i mever made it up there.

so hopefully *crosses fingers* ill make it up there because it looks like one heck of an event!
Posted By: CobraII351 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:48 AM
I'll be around. I want to "finish" my project before I get into another one... I have about another week until my "toy" is painted and I can start the reassembly progress. If all goes well it should be getting painted this comeing weekend and then I get to do all the fun stuff. My home page. My webpage hasn't been updated in a while but not much has changed except the in the last few weeks. I am going to have to update it soon I hope.

We'll "see" you guy & gals around.

Tim
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:51 AM
It is one heck of an event. Fun times.
Hope you can make it next year!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 01:58 AM
You've done a lot of work on that car! Great job!
Can't wait to see it when you have it completed.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 12:03 PM
Yes indeed , you have done a lot of work on it ! Call me crazy , but I always kinda liked the Cobra 2's . I almost bought on years back , but didn't - but it was probably a blessing in disguise because it probably wouldn't have gotten done (or at least done RIGHT) , seeing as how I was young & inexperienced (somehow that doesn't sound right ) . The car wasn't bad at all , but ya know how it is when you're 16-17 yrs. old . Post some pics of it when it's painted .
Posted By: CobraII351 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 03:16 PM
Thanks I appreciate the kind words. It's been a long road to get this far (I've had the car since 1990 and it's over 5 years since I striped the paint!). There are very few reproduction parts availible for these cars (unlike many of the earlier years). So many years of searching and on eBay I have gathered almost all the parts I need buying used and NOS stuff.

Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Yes indeed , you have done a lot of work on it ! Call me crazy , but I always kinda liked the Cobra 2's .

Why would I call you crazy? I love the things. Now some of your friends might think you need help but not me. Well this week it is back to work on it. We started the final wet sanding last week. Another evening or 2 and we'll be done with that. I hope to finally get color to it this coming weekend.

Tim
Posted By: Checker'd SVT Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 07:18 PM
Originally posted by CobraII351:
Thought I would stop by and say hello. We had parked my wifes green 95 LX up on the hill behind the the show field at Carlisle, and on my way out for the evening Friday I was flagged down and had a nice discussion with a unknown member. I was "told" (more like asked..)To stop in and at least say hello. I've been a member for some time since we purchased the car a couple of years ago. I've only posted a couple of tie to ask some troubleshooting ?'s. I will have to make this one of my "daily" stops while surfing.

Thanks for the kind invite and look forward to seeing some of you again.

Where you the guy looking for an SVT exhaust? If so I think Paul has one for sale, you never stopped back for me to tell you.
Posted By: CobraII351 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 09:17 PM
Sorry. Yes I am, but I got busy and never made it back up to see you guys. Too much to see and do, and not enough time. If someone would point us at each other It would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hello All... - 06/05/06 11:18 PM
Send a PM to 99 red SVT.
© CEG Archives