Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DanMyers Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/02/06 10:10 PM
Well guys and girls, I need an EGR tube 'cause I was stupid and snapped mine and it's being held together with electrical tape and making my IMRC not work, so when I get paid next friday, I think I'm headed up to Harry's at some point and figured some of you might wanna come. So, anyone wanna meet up with me there and go pick things off junked 'Tours? I should be free most of the weekend and I don't car when we go down, so whoever's gonna come can tell me when they're free and want to go up. Later guys!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/05/06 01:15 AM
Not sure what's on the agenda for this weekend yet but I will let you know.

How did you snap yours?
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/05/06 09:47 PM
I snapped it when I replaced my spark plugs a couple months ago, I removed the UIM, and figuring "Hey, I've done this plenty of times and never snapped it, I won't this time!" I ripped the manifold up, and SNAP, broken. Fortunately my uncle bob gave me a fix for it, so as far as I know (I can't test it since my rear pass. tire keeps getting holes in it, it had 3 plugs before today, and I told my mom many times that it was unsafe and needed to be replaced and told her to take it to get replaced today, instead she gets it plugged again, so looks like I can't drive it until tomorrow night again, yet I'm the one with selective hearing ) it's fixed.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/05/06 11:23 PM
LOL!
Ya know, last time I was there they only had one 98+ and it was striped.
No engine, axles, or seats, only thing left was the dash and part of the console. Wonder if they got any new ones in.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/06/06 01:52 AM
I'd love to go if I wasn't working.

I haven't be on lately due to personal reasons, but I'm...alive.

But anyway, maybe some other time I'll be able to go somewheres and finally meet more of you.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/06/06 02:59 AM
See if you can get me a temp gauge with normal on it from a cluster w/ a tach!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/06/06 05:37 AM
Let me know if there's a '96-98 Cobra hood in there? Thanks!
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 06:11 AM
EZ Pull in New Ringold off Route 895 has lots of 'Tours/'Tiques. Not so picked over, either.
I'm going up Friday or Saturday for a few things.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 12:09 PM
Hmmm, a new yard (new to me)? I MUST check this one out. Thanks.

In case you didn't know...I am a diehard U-Pull-It fan. We even have our own cart so we don't have to carry our tools/parts.
Is this the place ZEE? EZ Pull

Dan, how far is this one from you? Wanna try to hit this one?
I know I can't go Friday, I might be able to go on Saturday but not early though.

I really don't know that you will find what you are looking for at Harry's unless in the last two weeks they got new tours in.

John, there were no Cobra's. But we'll keep and eye out for you.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 06:05 PM
Here you go.....

http://www.joesusedautoparts.com/Prices.html

From Bethlehem, you can either go 309 North to 895 West toward New Ringold, then six miles on the left.

or,

Link up with 248 North toward Lehighton. Exit onto 895 at the Bowmanstown exit. It's just past the Cantilever overpass there at Palmerton exit. Drive forever, cross 309, then same directions as above.

Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 07:22 PM
It looks about an hour an a half for me, which is about as far as Harry's, Harry's might even be farther. What time are you free to go on saturday? They are only open until 2, and I'm free all day.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 08:05 PM
Thanks for the directions Zee.

I don't think I can go. Since they are only open until 2, I probably can't leave until at least noon.

The EZ pull is open until 4 (I called) but they only carry model year cars up to 1997. So, it's Joe's that we need to visit.

We'll see. Maybe by Friday I will know if I can leave earlier. I'll let you know.

Right now I'm disappointed. I was all stoked to visit a new junkyard.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 08:34 PM
I'm surprised EZ Pull even knows it handles cars only up to 1997. It never seemes like that organized an operation.

Anyhow, when I was there last April, I was looking for a rear bumper. Must have seen at least 8-10 cars. Several had engines, trannies and full interiors. A few had the front struts stripped.

Don't knonw if the Tarus is anyway compatible in parts, but there are a ton of those.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/07/06 09:04 PM
Yeah I noticed right after I posted that I meant 4PM for the EZ-pull, it's 2PM for Joe's (at least that's what it says on the homepage) haha, but they only handle cars to 1997, isn't that a little odd?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/08/06 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:

John, there were no Cobra's. But we'll keep and eye out for you.

Thanks Chris. Sorry I couldn't stay this weekend.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/09/06 01:33 PM
It is weird that EZ Pull only handles cars to 1997.

It looks like I won't make it tomorrow. My neighbor passed away yesterday and I told his daughter that I would help her with the things she needs to organize.

I was happy that Zee mentioned this place. I always love a new junkyard to hang out in. Let me know when you guys want to go again and I'm there.

Anytime John.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/09/06 07:29 PM
Alright well I don't really absolutely have to have anything there right now, so maybe we can go some weekend soon.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/09/06 07:42 PM
Sounds good to me Dan.
Zee are you up for a U-Pull-It meet sometime soon?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/10/06 12:14 PM
That EZ pull has a few of the 3.0L Duratecs. I found a 2000 and a 2001 with both under 60k miles. I'm guessing those are the years I should be looking for?

(My motor makes odd noises when I accelerate...so I want to put something in there asap)
Posted By: DPDISXR4Ti_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/10/06 03:17 PM
I have trouble believing Harry's only has ONE Contour. The last few times I've been there I found at least TEN of them, probably more. EZ is a smaller yard, but since it's not as well known, good stuff tends to be there for longer periods of time. I just got a C4 tranny out of a Pinto at EZ two weeks ago that I know had been there since last Fall. The bell alone goes for $125 and I got the whole tranny/converter/bell for $35.

FWIW, I find the guys at EZ are way more friendly than Harry's. At EZ, if you need to fetch something heavy like the aforementioned transmission, they just throw you the keys to a "yard car" and you can go drive it up.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/10/06 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DPDISXR4Ti:
I have trouble believing Harry's only has ONE Contour. The last few times I've been there I found at least TEN of them, probably more.

Aahh, but I didn't say they had ONE Contour, I said they had ONE 98+ Contour. They had a bunch of pre-98's as usual.

I go to Harry's quite a lot and there usually is more than one 98+. I'm sure they just cleaned out the other ones in preparation for getting some new stuff in.

Thanks for the info on the EZ pull. Yeah, at Harry's if you want a tranny, etc. you have to rent their equipment, so that's cool that they let you use their stuff at the EZ Pull.
I'm looking forward to going there.

Glenn, you want to make a junkyard run with us when we go?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/10/06 08:05 PM

I won't have a weekend off for the next 2 weeks, so don't wait on account of me.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Pen_Two:

I won't have a weekend off for the next 2 weeks, so don't wait on account of me.

Actually, I wont have a full weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) until a month from this weekend.

Lol, a 4x4 work schedule owns my weekends every other month.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 06:23 PM
Well I'm busy next weekend, but after next weekend I'll be free for whenever, there's no rush.

EDIT: Yeah Glenn, you want an 01+ 3L, I personally will be going with an Escape engine as it seems easier to not have to mess with the block itself as opposed to the taurus duratec (new baffled oil pan, maybe some other things the Escape motor already has).
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 08:56 PM
I saw one SE with what looked like a 6-cylinder engine. Auto trans, I think.

It's an unmolested light blue car about 1/2 block almost straight ahead of you as you walk throught the entrance.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 09:04 PM
I looked at what had to be 10-12 contours at EZ Pull Saturday. Most are base models with Zetec's. about 3 or 4 still had the engines.

One SE.

Gauges picked over. Many good taillights. Many have goos body panels. A couple had OK interiors (not carpet, though)

But what is it about those cup holders?

Every car just about had them taken out. As it was, I had to carry around FOUR partly broken ones until finding a double holder - also broken - which I took to cobble together with my single after I get home.

Jeesh!
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 09:06 PM
Stuff like engines, transmissions and windshield, EX will pull for you for a small fee.

Several guys waiting on line Saturday for the garage to get to their Camaro's or whatever.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/11/06 09:08 PM
If you can avoid Saturday, by all means do it. I got a late start, not arriving until 11 o'clock. Had to park in their new "auxiliary" stone lot out by the road.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/14/06 01:25 AM
Those cup holders are a hot item. I know at Harry's you are very lucky if you can find one that isn't broken, I've never found a whole one.

Looks like the beginning of July I can go. We can wait for you Glenn. Just tell us when you are available and we can figure out what day works for everyone.

Be forwarned...I love the junkyard, I have lots of fun while I'm there and I don't like to leave until I've seen everything.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/14/06 02:08 AM
Well, my work schedule is a 4x4, and this weekend I work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

So, keep moving one day forward on the day I start and I should have a full weekend (Fri-Sun) off by... the 7th to the 9th.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/14/06 06:44 PM
I think I need some hubs and some brake calipers... Not sure which ones yet, I'll let you know.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 01:08 AM
Well, my work schedule is a 4x4, and this weekend I work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

So, keep moving one day forward on the day I start and I should have a full weekend (Fri-Sun) off by... the 7th to the 9th.

Dan, Zee, Glenn...how does 8 July sound? Anyone else wanna come with us?

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 02:29 AM
I'll have to meet up somewhere with Dan and follow him down, because I've never been down that way to know where to go.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 04:26 AM
Any SHO 3.4L or BMW V8's in there? Let me know.
Heck, I'd take a SHO 3.2L... If it's a SHO and has an automatic (as long as it's not a really round body style, square like Terri's) then it's got a 3.2L.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 04:42 AM
A white SHO. No engine. No 8 cylinder BMW. Just a couple of 325's
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 04:59 AM
That's the weekend of the 100th Anniversary running of the Giant's Despair Hill Climb, near Wilkes-Barre, PA. I plan on going to that, but may do only Sunday.

That would ut July8th for the EZ Pull on my calendar.

http://www.pahillclimb.org/Courses/Giants.htm
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 05:03 AM
Easy. Take I-81 Soouth to Tamaqua exit. Take Route 309 South through Tamaqua. Take state route 895 West six miles, look for sign on left.

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/15/06 09:10 AM
I wanna go convoy anyway. =P

Thanks for the directions though.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/16/06 03:01 PM

Dan, where are you?
What time do you want to meet at the yard?
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/16/06 07:25 PM
July 8th looks fine to me. Yeah Glenn, you can follow me down, I'll PM you my cell number when the time gets closer.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/17/06 02:14 AM

I'll PM you guys my cell also.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/17/06 01:25 PM
We should bring adequate tools right?

Or just your average ratchet set, screw driver, and pliers?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/20/06 06:52 PM
Sounds about right Glenn.
What time works for you guys?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/20/06 07:09 PM
I'm free all day, and I'm probably following Dan down, so whatever works for him works for me. =P
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/20/06 07:38 PM
Whenever, doesn't even matter if it's early.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/21/06 01:38 AM
Will 10 am work for everyone?
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/21/06 09:56 PM
Fine with me. It's tentative, but I might be bringing a T-Red 2000 SVT with me if he wants to go, a kid I work with told me his buddy has one, and I told him about the junkyard run, and the site, so hopefully we'll get a new member and he'll come with us!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/21/06 10:33 PM
The more the merrier.
See ya on the 8th.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/27/06 12:14 PM
ttt
Anyone else wanna come with us?
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/28/06 11:29 PM
Well guys...I don't know if I'll be able to go. Because of all the damage to the main roads, the state got federal money, and with it, they're calling out everyone for OT which might include the weekends. My hours just jumped from 7AM-3PM, to 6AM-8PM and maybe the weekends too until further notice. I'm not even sure if I'll get the 4th of July off, I hope I can still go, I'll keep you guys updated as I find out more.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/28/06 11:43 PM
Only one thing to say Dan....$$ BIG money $$.

I do hope that you'll still be able to make it. After all the OT that you'll be pulling in you'll need a day off!

Zee and Glenn are you both still coming?
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 12:05 AM
As it stands now, I will likely be coming. Then driving North afterqwards to stay overnight ans go see a race Sunday

I am also trying to arrange things for one or two friends of mine to come with my Sunday to the 100th Anniversary runnings of the Giant's Despair Hill Climb in Laurel Run, PA (near Wilkes-Barre).

For my to drive half way there to get to EZ Pull, then drive all the way back then up to Wilkes-Barre the next day is quite fuel inefficient. Just trying to to two fun things n one weekend.

BTW, you can pack your own linches. Or, EZ Pull has a little Hot dog Truck there. Or, on route 309 where your turn West onto 895, there is a Conveninence Store with gas pumps. In New ringold a couple of miles to the West, there is also a store and ATM.

EZ Pull has a coouple of picnic tables and some Porta-Potteies near the entrance.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 12:12 AM
Good!
Is there was a place that we could get lunch afterward, I mean besides the convenience store?
What would you guys prefer, bring lunch, eat there (scary thought ) or get something afterward? Whatever works for you guys.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 12:30 AM
Yep, I'm still game.

...I'll have to clean my car for a change though. =P
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 12:48 AM
Yippee!
Did you get the tensioner put on?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 01:01 AM
No, I never went to get one purely for the reason that, I never actually go over 3500 rpm's, and if it does it at 4800+ I figure why bother?

That, and I'm lazy/cheap. I'm going to buy a 3.0L before the years end anyway, so I'm not that worried about it. I've already got about $600 on the side for the motor anyway, so probably sooner than the end of the year.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 01:04 AM
Gotcha.

Did you get my PM?
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 01:08 AM
Yes, I did. Since I've been working, I rarely check things though. Today was the first time in the last 5 I've actually stopped to read things.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 01:14 AM
I understand. I was having some trouble sending PM's previously so I wanted to check.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 05:20 AM
Lunch afterwards?

Nothing really close to EX Pull. That convenience store on route 309 in Snyders isn't too bad, though. Good variety of drinks, coffee, ice cream, and sandwiches. I believe they make some to order, but I am not sure since I am never in the market for that when I arrive in the area.

You'd need to travel North to Tamaqua (10 minutes) for the fast food places, like Burger King.

In South Tamaqua -- about half-way North of the Snyders Corner convenience at route 309/895, is an big Ice Cream place. It's about the size of a Friendly's, so, I suspect they serve burgers, etc. in addition to sweets.

The name starts with an "E" (Elby's, maybe)

If I remember the name I'll post again.

Those who are coming from the North down route 309 will pass by it (on your right, Southbound).

To repeat: persons from the North traveling Southbound on I-81 sould exit to Rte. 54 Hometown, then take 309 South to Rte. 895 West/South (whichever that is) toward New Ringold.

EZ Pull is on the Left about 6.5 miles along rte. 895.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Zee:

To repeat: persons from the North traveling Southbound on I-81 sould exit to Rte. 54 Hometown, then take 309 South to Rte. 895 West/South (whichever that is) toward New Ringold.

EZ Pull is on the Left about 6.5 miles along rte. 895.

I should really write this down.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 05:49 AM
Oh, this will be the first time I've taken her out on an elongated drive longer than 45 minutes.

Should be a fun drive.

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 46 minutes Total Est. Distance: 88.49 miles
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 06:26 AM
Now this is interesting.

http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=viewstory&storyid=17473

You may wish to find out about any road closings between I-81 to Hometown, then down Rte. 309 through Tamaqua, South Tamaqua, etc.

I realize it is still a week and a half away from the meeting date, but there could be some road closings lingering even then.

I'll keep looking into it and post.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 07:48 AM
There's a lot of small details on things I'd like to get, and the smallest of details is the one I really really want. The small clip that holds the drivers side floor mat in one place is nonexistent in my car, and the damn mat keeps bunching up under the pedals on me.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 11:13 AM
[censored].

The buyer just fell through on the '85 RX7 project car I'm selling. So...scratch $300 off of my tally for the 3.0L.

Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 12:03 PM
It should be there. Cupholders, no, they seem to be rare.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 02:43 PM
[censored].

The buyer just fell through on the '85 RX7 project car I'm selling. So...scratch $300 off of my tally for the 3.0L.

Post the car in the classified section on the CEG, the main classifed section as well as our local one. Ya never know if someone is looking for a project car. **fingers crossed**

You'd need to travel North to Tamaqua (10 minutes) for the fast food places, like Burger King.

In South Tamaqua -- about half-way North of the Snyders Corner convenience at route 309/895, is an big Ice Cream place. It's about the size of a Friendly's, so, I suspect they serve burgers, etc. in addition to sweets.

The name starts with an "E" (Elby's, maybe)

If I remember the name I'll post again.

I know where the BK is. The big ice cream place, Leiby's?? If that's the place they do also serve food.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 06/29/06 10:35 PM
So what's with these cup holders? The dual holder in mine is still in one piece, do they break easy or something?
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 06:42 AM
Leiby's Ice Cream House Restaurant, that's it.

It's about 6 miles North of Roue 895 on 309 where 443 goes over to the *town* of New Ringold.

Homemade Ice Cream, and plenty of typical Family Restaurant food.

Meat dinners from 7.99 - 15.99

Seafood from 6.99 - 13.99

Might be a good place to convene afterwards to share the triumphs and disappointments of the day's "hunt"

BTW, who all is coming?

Is there some way we can identify ourselves in order to find one another after we all arrive?

I dunno, tie yellow ribbons on out ariel masts?
(I, for one, won't be driving a Contour, so, that seemingly obvious method is out)

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 08:37 AM
Well, I'll be in my Tour' only because it's my daily. I have to clean it up a bit between now and then though, I've let her get a bit too dirty. Maybe we could meet up in a specific corner of a parking lot?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 10:45 AM
Ken and I will be there.
We'll have our silver Exploder. In the parking lot, it will be parked in the farthest (away) parking spot there is.

Zee, I'll PM you my cell.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 11:33 AM
it will be parked in the farthest (away) parking spot there is.

For some reason, whenever I do that, someone doors me. That's why I have a huge ding in the back pass. side door and a bump in my front pass. side fender.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 01:35 PM
Alright, so my list is pretty limited on what I want to find. I don't think I'll find the 3 pieces I really want though.

Floor mat hook
LH headlight
RH headlight
Grill
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 05:22 PM
Alright, so my list is pretty limited on what I want to find. I don't think I'll find the 3 pieces I really want though.

Floor mat hook
LH headlight
RH headlight
Grill

I give your chances 3 out 0f 4
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 05:34 PM
Well even though the guys might be working saturday (they worked sat. and sun. this week) I'll take saturday off as I don't need the money, so you can still follow me down if you want too Glenn. I'll have the dirty (too much work, no time to clean it yet this summer, I'm pretty mad about that) Spruce Green 'Tour with the dent in the pass. fender (again, not enough time to have it fixed yet, mad about that too haha).
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/04/06 05:50 PM
Alright, that's good then...because I don't feel like washing and/or waxing it this week anyway. I'll vacuum and clean up the inside though.
Grab a sunroof motor for me if you see one.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/05/06 05:04 AM
Penn, I'm getting new headlights soon, and will be getting rid of the old ones. They are hazy, but don't leak or anything, PM me if you are interested in them.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/05/06 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Penn, I'm getting new headlights soon, and will be getting rid of the old ones. They are hazy, but don't leak or anything, PM me if you are interested in them.

That's the same reason why I need to try and find some, I can't even see inside the casing too well because of the haze.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/06/06 02:41 PM
Hey, guess what! I actually have another day off and its Saturday!!! I've been way too busy this summer with work. I really haven't been on CEG in while. I just starting looking over post again like last week.

But I'd be up for wondering around Harry's this Saturday. I've never been there before.

I'm at work so I can't spend too much time reading the post. Is there a time set? I'll be the the black SE with the telephone booth on the hood

Zee. How far away do you live from the EZ pull? I'm like 15 miles down 895 away from there.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/06/06 04:02 PM
Do they have newer cars there? It's al ong shot, but call me if they have any GTOs.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/06/06 06:09 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Do they have newer cars there? It's a long shot, but call me if they have any GTOs.

Yep, they have newer cars. If we find a GTO I'll be sure to call you.

Originally posted by ZeroHour:
Hey, guess what! I actually have another day off and its Saturday!!!

But I'd be up for wondering around Harry's this Saturday. I've never been there before.

Yeah!
We're going to the EZ Pull this Saturday. I know the topic says Harry's but we decided to hit the EZ pull instead. I was at Harry's not that long ago and there were only a few pre 98's and one stripped 98+.

Of course, if everyone wants to go to Harry's we could. Who knows, maybe they got some new stuff in.

Otherwise, we're meeting at the EZ Pull at 10. I'll pm you with my cell number so that you'll be able to reach us.

See ya Saturday!
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/06/06 08:46 PM

Zee. How far away do you live from the EZ pull? I'm like 15 miles down 895 away from there.

Easton. About an hour and a half. I get 895 at Bowmanstown.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/06/06 09:55 PM
Do you drive a black tour? and happen to drive on 946? I saw a nice black tour on the way home the one day. I was in a silver ford taurus at the time though.

EZ has a bunch of Tours out there. Last time I was there there were a few new ones.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/07/06 01:24 AM
Easton.

I saw your number in the local classified section and was going to ask if you were from the Easton area.

I'm originally from Williams Township so I know the area well.

You'll have to come hang out with us locals sometime now that we know you're so close.

Good to hear that there will be some 'tours to pick apart at this yard.

Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/07/06 04:41 AM
T'wasn't me. Mine's that purple (maroon) color.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/07/06 05:28 PM
Okay boys and girls pay attention!

Anyone taking coming off the highway (from Easton/Allentown) onto 895 needs to see this.

About 6 months back the local cop was "terminated" because of his "unlawful actions". Since then, ashfield now has 3 popos. One drives a fugly tan/gold explorer. The other two drive a regular white cruiser(might be a vic), and I white unmarked sedan. The speed limit going though ashfield varies from 35 to 45 to 55. They do watch the road since the new smokey's took the job. So drivers beware!

Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up. I've seen ALOT of people being pulled over on the road in the last month. probably more then i've seen in the last 3 years. Especially the 35mph zone.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/07/06 08:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Posted By: DanMyers Bad news for me - 07/08/06 12:29 AM
Well guys, I got to work today only to find out that everyone is working 6AM-8PM saturday and sunday, and I was even more disheartened to find out that it's even mandatory for the college kids. So it looks like I can't go, seeing as how I have to be on a highway trying to make people stop up a hill in a passing zone. I wish I didn't have to work, but as soon as this stuff gets straightened out somewhat my hours should stop including weekends. Plus I'll be making so much money that I might even be able to fund the 3L and everything while I'm in school.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 01:28 AM
...that sucks that you have to work. but more money to the tour.

So how many people are gonna be there tomorrow? And where you are going to try to park in the dirt lot? lol

I know we have:

silver explorer (luca)
black SE (Me)
purple maroon tour (Zee)
??? Tour (Pen_Two)

Anyone else coming?

And do we have a parts list to watch for?
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 02:23 AM
...that sucks that you have to work. but more money to the tour.

So how many people are gonna be there tomorrow? And where you are going to try to park in the dirt lot? lol

I know we have:

silver explorer (luca)
black SE (Me)
purple maroon tour (Zee)
??? Tour (Pen_Two)

Anyone else coming?

Actually, I'll be in my 1969 Volvo 144s, black with red driver's seat. (interior removed to receive more parts!)
Planing to get there at the *AM openinf because I have some Volvo wheels and tires to haul up from the botom lands before it gets hot.

But I'll be looking for you all abrout 10 o'clock.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 03:24 AM
Originally posted by DanMyers:
Plus I'll be making so much money that I might even be able to fund the 3L and everything while I'm in school.

Does that mean that you'll finally be able to replace the front fender? You know I like to bust you for that.

Glenn has a T-red.

Zee, you have my number if you want to call me, we can set up a spot to meet you if you are still inside the yard.

Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 03:48 AM

Does that mean that you'll finally be able to replace the front fender?

ouch

But at least he didn't put the white fender on the tour and drive it around like that for months. lol
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 03:50 AM
If there is a sunroof motor, give me a call christine and i'll get you some money asap.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 03:53 AM
lol I am the only one driving the tour?

Damn I guess I need to clean my car tomorrow morning so I can the only member representing!

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 07:08 AM

I know we have:

silver explorer (luca)
black SE (Me)
purple maroon tour (Zee)
black tour (Pen_Two)

Anyone else coming?

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 07:09 AM

Glenn has a T-red.

I wish!
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 08:47 AM
lol I am the only one driving the tour?

Damn I guess I need to clean my car tomorrow morning so I can the only member representing!

I think I'm only going to vacuum mine and maybe armorall my dashboard. Maybe spray it down at the car wash.
Posted By: Pen_Two For Dan's sake. - 07/08/06 09:38 AM
Oh, since Dan isn't going, let's try and remember to pick him up the plastic tube for the EGR.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 09:21 PM

Glenn has a T-red.

I wish!

I'm not sure why I thought you had a T-red.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 09:57 PM
Lol.

I had a blast today, even if I was moderately quiet. Meeting new people is ackward for me. Lol.

I already put my sail panels, tail lights, and mat hook on. Now I'm working on my instrument panel to put that flap on.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 10:24 PM
...how the hell do I get it out? Lol.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/08/06 11:13 PM
...how the hell do I get it out? Lol.

Nevermind.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 12:02 AM
It was great meeting everyone. I had a great time.

Glenn, did you get the trunk lid in before your Mom saw it?

Zee, thank you again for lunch! I'm still full.

Next time we'll go to Harry's since Scott hasn't been there yet.

Edit: No sunroof motors, GTO's or Cobra's. I will check on the items that were requested when I go to Harry's again.

Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 01:10 AM

Glenn, did you get the trunk lid in before your Mom saw it?

Actually, I left it outside sitting behinde my car to get a good look at it to compare. She came home and told me she doesn't like it. So, now I have more reason to put it on.

She did like the sail panels though. It was the first thing she noticed. I got everything put on that didn't envolve the trunk. Maybe next time I'll remember to take my sub box out of the trunk.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 02:35 AM
all you need now is a lip spoiler....it finishes off the pre-98 trunk.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 03:10 AM
Hey I had fun today.

I got the Antenna base on. Looks good.

I got the bolt out of the y pipe. I need to get a new cut off wheel so I can start disassembly on the Y pipe. I was thinking about my dremel, but I'm not sure I want to try that. lol
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 03:42 PM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

Maybe I'll luck out and find one at Harrys...
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 05:28 PM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

Maybe I'll luck out and find one at Harrys...

I dont know. I've been there...oh say a half of a dozen times and only saw 1 ever. It was on one of those bright tealish aqua-marine color tours. That one is now sitting on my trunk

They are hard to come by. gl
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/09/06 05:40 PM
Lol, I figured my chances were slim. Out of the 10 or so cars we found at EZ Pull, none had that spoiler.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/10/06 06:53 AM

Zee, thank you again for lunch! I'm still full.

How about that huge ice cream scoop?

Leiby's struck me a a good place to hold a Car Cruise.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/10/06 06:59 AM
Hey, Glen!

Thanks again for taking out that side mirror from the old Jag.

It turned out those Yellow Jackets came with it all the way up to Mountaintop. After washing my Volvo, I decided to see how the mirror might look on the driver's door.

Yep, there they were, still nesting behind the mirror glass.

This time, though, I had a near-killed (no pun) can of Raid!

Pyrethrin rules!

BTW, the mirror isn't going to work on my Vintage Volvo. The mounting angle makes the mirror itself cocked uselessly.

Only other thing I could do is mount is on a more verticle part of the door panel, lower down, but that would hang the thing out pretty far, looking weird.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/10/06 07:20 PM
Hey, Glen!

Thanks again for taking out that side mirror from the old Jag.

It turned out those Yellow Jackets came with it all the way up to Mountaintop. After washing my Volvo, I decided to see how the mirror might look on the driver's door.

Yep, there they were, still nesting behind the mirror glass.

This time, though, I had a near-killed (no pun) can of Raid!

Pyrethrin rules!

BTW, the mirror isn't going to work on my Vintage Volvo. The mounting angle makes the mirror itself cocked uselessly.

Only other thing I could do is mount is on a more verticle part of the door panel, lower down, but that would hang the thing out pretty far, looking weird.

Hey, no problem. And thanks for that awesome lunch. Their food was great.

What if you got some sort of rubber gromet, or a 1/4" thick piece of rubber to space the mirror off of the door panel itself?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/10/06 10:00 PM
Luckily for you the bees didn't decide to fly all over while you were driving.

Yeah, Leiby's would be a good place to have a meet. The parking lot is huge so we would have plenty of room.

Good idea Glenn, using some type of spacer to make the mirror fit better. Think that would work Zee?

Glenn...
Your mom didn't like the pre 98 trunk lid, huh? Maybe once it's on she'll like it better. Funny that she noticed the sail panels though, most people don't right away.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/11/06 08:47 AM

Hey, no problem. And thanks for that awesome lunch. Their food was great.

What if you got some sort of rubber gromet, or a 1/4" thick piece of rubber to space the mirror off of the door panel itself?

Well, I'd need to be about a 1/2" thick spacer....tapered down to about 1/8" from window to outside door skin to account for the angle of the door design

Something to think about, anyway.

I was hoping to discover that the mirror frame could rotate upon the mounting post. No deal. A pair of screws inside the mirror frame screw into the post, effectively keeping it at the angle for the Jaguar's door profile.

It was a $5 experiment. No big loss. I'll problably get more for it when I sell it on eBay.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Bad news for me - 07/11/06 11:59 AM

Glenn...
Your mom didn't like the pre 98 trunk lid, huh? Maybe once it's on she'll like it better.

You know what's wierd, I thought they looked unnatractive as all hell when I saw them on the respective model years. For some reason though I think they look better on the 98+ years. The angles on the trunk seem to tie well with the angles on the hood.

Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lol.

Speaking of eye of the beholder. Those tail lights I picked up, seemingly have some wear and discoloration on the black trim pieces that go around the perimiterof them. I'm going to see if I can work it out though.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: Bad news for me - 07/11/06 12:19 PM

Speaking of eye of the beholder. Those tail lights I picked up, seemingly have some wear and discoloration on the black trim pieces that go around the perimiterof them. I'm going to see if I can work it out though.

Duplicolor Trim Paint.

(use in well-ventilated area. It's REAL paint!)
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Next weekend-Harry's in Hazelton - 07/21/06 06:43 PM
A white SHO. No engine. No 8 cylinder BMW. Just a couple of 325's

Thanks for looking! I think I'm going to start hunting for a 2.5L engine out of a mid 90's 3 series...
© CEG Archives