Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Another IUP Meet - 05/22/06 11:47 PM
I'm going to try to get a meet/BBQ going at my place up here at IUP. I was going to have it on Saturday June 17th. Who all would be interested in making the trip?
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 12:01 AM
I'll be there
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 07:35 AM
Im down! Be there for sure!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I'd be able to make it. Had a good time last meet, plus got some great pics.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 01:23 PM
I'm trying to get Homer to come back up from Florida. I keep telling him it's really not that long of a drive. It's only like 20 hours.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 02:15 PM
hehe 20 hours is cake walk.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 03:19 PM
I wouldn't want the fuel bill. Hmmmmm,
20 hours + 400+ HP = .
Maybe we can all pitch in and get him about $15 in scratch-off lottery tix, LOL.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 04:33 PM
hehe I can pitch in.

Would you care if I invited some of my capital NECO pals up? Not sure if they can even come but its worth a shot. Maybe danG can bring his 342hp monster. Only 4 hours drive.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 05:55 PM
Yeah that's fine. Tell them if their willing to make the drive they are more then welcome to come.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 05:58 PM
Originally posted by getsum111:
I wouldn't want the fuel bill. Hmmmmm,
20 hours + 400+ HP = .

He said he had to stop I think at least 4 or 5 times to get gas.

....and all along I thought it was an economy car
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/23/06 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 1BadCSVT:
I'm trying to get Homer to come back up from Florida. I keep telling him it's really not that long of a drive. It's only like 20 hours.

if homer is the guy with the mustang i bet he an make it in 18 atleast. i drove to florida in a 98 ss camero and made it in a little over 17, but this was about 6 years ago
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 05/24/06 06:50 AM
I might be able to convince the group to come up. Usually they are up for doing anything.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/07/06 06:49 AM
still going on fo sho?
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/07/06 01:29 PM
is this goin down or not? i think i could make the 1 drive to iup if it happens.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/07/06 03:35 PM
Yep I'm still having it as long as people are still willing to make the trip.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/07/06 04:43 PM
I say we get a count.

Im a definite YES. If possible we could even swing by the wyotech car show for a bit.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/07/06 05:14 PM
Rob,
What time are you thinking? Still trying to finalize my schedule, but I should be able to make it for a bit.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 01:50 AM
Noon or around 1.....later in the day? Scott let me know your schedule and we'll work something out. That goes for anyone else coming too. Let me know when it's good for everyone.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 08:12 AM
if you guys dont mind a new guy ill show up. im in penn. for school and i never thought of looking on here for svts near me. im in blairsville.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 02:54 PM
what is the plan? meet up chill take some pics? food wise what is goin on? just trying to get the full details of the day so i can talk to my girl about coming out.
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 04:52 PM
I'm in. Are we having the BBQ at your place or are we going to cruise out to yellow creek or blue spruce and find one of the outdoor grill things there? Around 12 or 1 would be best for me since its an hour and a half drive from my house.

Scott, which way did you come out to IUP last time? depending on which way you're going, we could meet up and cruise out there since we'd sort of be heading the same direction. Normally i take the parkway (22?) out past monroeville then get on 286 all the way out. Let me know.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:02 PM
Hey Ryan. Yeah, we could do that. I'd have to make sure nothing else is going on first, but we could meet up if I can make it. So far, the magic 8-ball says "All signs point to yes" . BTW, how'd you like Carlisle?
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:29 PM
So how many people so far? I got a guy from carolina NECO who wants to drive up to hang out but not sure he is just yet.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:35 PM
Let's go for meeting up at 1 in the Wal-Mart parking lot on the 17th. After that we'll cruise to my place and grill up some burgers and hotdogs, then go for a cruise with out to bluce bruce park or yellow creek. (I'm thinking yellow creek just cause of that 20 hp max sign...I still think it's hilarious). I'll pick up the food and just let everyone bring whatever they want to drink. Oh yeah and if burgers and hot dogs don't sound good to you.....TOO BAD.....no just joking let me know if you all want something different. ShavedSVT your more then welcome to come by too and if you know of any other SVT owners in the area invite them.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:38 PM
Also for those of you needing dirrections to the Wal-Mart in Indiana mapquest this address...3100 Oakland Ave
Indiana, PA 15701. We'll be at the top of the parking lot. I'll be there around 12:45 so look for a black E0.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:43 PM
thanks. now you wont have to spot my car at IUP now. the michigan plates suck with penn. police. thanks for the invite. theres actually 3 svts at my school, so ill try to ask them if they wanna go.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:50 PM
I go to school with shaved CSVT. hehe. The green one is coming to the meet I think. Hes in my class.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:54 PM
really? ive never talked to that kid before. ive tried but he always just drives by. theres one in trim. its a black E1.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 05:59 PM
Im actually that black cougar with the obscenely loud exhaust. Im in drivetrain right now.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 06:01 PM
you like the new rims?
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 06:05 PM
Yeah they are not too shabby! Did you buy them off the classifieds on here? Looks like those ones that guy was selling.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 06:13 PM
yea tony in CT. ive gotta wash and wax it tomorrow.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 06:19 PM
Noice. Im trying to pick a set of rims up from a fellow necoer. Rota grids=Me happy
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 06:26 PM
good thing the meet is next weekend cuz im going back to detroit this weekend.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/08/06 07:16 PM
Looks like we're going to have a good turn out for this. I'll get ahold of the guys I know from around here at IUP and make see if there showing up.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 05:59 AM
Green CSVT from class is a definite.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 08:37 AM
so is my friend john with the black one in trim. so thats 3 from Wyotech one tropic green and two blacks. tell that kid with the green one to come talk to me when he gets a chance. gotta ask him a few questions....
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 11:00 AM
Rob, are you sure you don't need us to bring anything? I don't want you to have to put out all the stuff. Let me know if we can bring anything.

Ryan, my wife is shooting a wedding, so she'll be gone all day. What time and where do you want to meet up?
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 01:21 PM
Scott it's fine don't worry about it. I just want to get people together from the area. I don't mind spending the money since it's for a good cause. But if you really feel the need to bring something...bring a bag of chips.

To the Wyotech guys thanks for getting the other SVT's to come up. And did one of you say there was a car show down at Wyotech that same day? If so I'd be down for going to that.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 01:23 PM
Oh yeah. Scott also invite your roommate up if she wants to bring up her Mustang. My buddy Brian is bringing up his 347 Stroker fox body Stang.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 01:57 PM
She probably would, but she is my wife's assistant, so she'll be at the wedding. Maybe I can find a replacement driver..Hmmmmmm.......LOL. Thanks, tho.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 02:09 PM
i will drive it ha i wish..
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 1BadCSVT:
Scott it's fine don't worry about it. I just want to get people together from the area. I don't mind spending the money since it's for a good cause. But if you really feel the need to bring something...bring a bag of chips.

To the Wyotech guys thanks for getting the other SVT's to come up. And did one of you say there was a car show down at Wyotech that same day? If so I'd be down for going to that.

Yeah car show at wyotech that day. Registration is 10 to 12 and the show is the rest of the day I think. Its in the diesel parking lot. Possible another cougar owner is coming.

Yeah I will let the green CSVT know that you want to talk to him.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 06:21 PM
Sounds good. Like I said before let any SVT owners know and the Cougar guys too. Well since we'll miss registration maybe if anything we could all cruise down there and at least check it out after we do some pic taking.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 06:33 PM
Indeed! Lots of pictures and BBQing! Sounds like a blast!
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 09:06 PM
sounds good to me! i just got my car buffed so im going to take some pics. ne 1 up to see them?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/09/06 11:47 PM
Originally posted by shavedsvt:
sounds good to me! i just got my car buffed so im going to take some pics. ne 1 up to see them?

I wanna see them!
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/10/06 12:26 AM
ok! on my lunch break im taking the camera to get deveoped. sorry no digital camera ne more. and then ill post them saturday after i do a few things. gotta go back to detroit! ill also take pictures at the car show sunday.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/10/06 10:39 PM
Originally posted by shavedsvt:

Deffinitly post your pics. I'm buffing my car and shampooing the carpets Sunday to get it ready for next weekend.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/11/06 12:28 AM
ooooooo everyones cleaning their cars. Maybe I should clean my car.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/12/06 10:57 AM
Mine's clean.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/13/06 04:35 PM
OK, it's official. I'll be headin' up to the meet. Ryan, do you still want to meet up? When and where? Since you made the trip a couple more times than me, , I'll let you decide on the route. Let me know when you wanna hook up for the roadtrip, and what time to meet.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/13/06 07:50 PM
Scott glad to see you can make it.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/14/06 02:20 AM
So who all is for sure coming? Are all 3 SVT from Wyotech coming up? What about the Cougar's?

1) Me (of course )
2) Scott
3) Ryan
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???
7) Well you get the point.

I want to try to start getting a count so I know how much food to get.
Posted By: shavedsvt Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/14/06 05:14 AM
nope my friend john has to work this weekend. so theres only two from wyotech. by friday ill know if i can come for sure. crisis with the girlfriend back in detroit. so ill know by friday if i need to go back. i hope not since the car is looking good and i want to come. also my name is grant.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/14/06 06:17 AM
Add me and the greenCSVT from wyotech to the list as well. Might try to get the orange and silver cougar to come but I doubt it.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/15/06 04:38 PM
Ok so now we have...

1) Me
2) Scott
3) Ryan
4) Grant (if everything goes well)
5) LBizBoy
6) The Green CSVT from Wyotech

Anyone else????
Pimpdcontour you making the trip??
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/15/06 05:03 PM
Are we still meeting @ the Wal-Mart?
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/15/06 05:44 PM
I think at 12:45 we are meeting at wally world
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/15/06 07:11 PM
$ is kinda tight right now for me. i think i am goin to have to sit this one out. unless i get some extra cash this friday nite. is this saturday right??
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/15/06 07:38 PM
I may show, depending on how clean my car is. I was going to be heading up to state college anyways.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 06:42 AM
come clean or not! I wanna meet all ya keystone cegers if possible and hell my car will be far from clean probably.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LOL @ CEG:
I may show, depending on how clean my car is. I was going to be heading up to state college anyways.

Yeah Doug, we won't make fun of you (MUCH ) if your car's dirty, LOL. J/K. If you can, stop. It sound like it's gonna be a good time.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 12:20 PM
Yea , why should a dirty car stop ya ?? What kinda excuse is that ? Show up & show off that ride !

And take some pics ...
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 12:46 PM
Are we still meeting @ the Wal-Mart?

Yep Wal-Mart at 1 at the top of the parking lot.

See you all there.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 12:50 PM
Also Doug you're more then welcome to stop by. Who cares if the car is dirty, and anyways there's a car wash like 2 min from my apt if you want to clean it.
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/16/06 10:05 PM
OK, it's official. I'll be headin' up to the meet. Ryan, do you still want to meet up? When and where? Since you made the trip a couple more times than me, , I'll let you decide on the route. Let me know when you wanna hook up for the roadtrip, and what time to meet.

I've been trying to think of somewhere on my route that we could meet but i havnt figured anything out...the only place that isnt a highway is when i get of onto 286. but thats halfway there anyways.

have any ideas? i get onto the parkway at banksville road and take that all the way out past monroeville to the 286 exit.

otherwise i'll just meet you there.
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 01:21 AM
grr... i just threw a CEL tonight... i'm going to go scan it tomorrow morning before i leave for indiana. i'll still be there though.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
grr... i just threw a CEL tonight... i'm going to go scan it tomorrow morning before i leave for indiana. i'll still be there though.

Welcome to the club. I have the rear bank rich code. I also have the car clean to come up tomorrow.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 05:39 AM
Originally posted by LOL @ CEG:
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

Welcome to the club. I have the rear bank rich code. I also have the car clean to come up tomorrow.

x2.....I might get to replace both O2 sensors. Lucky me.

& Doug it's good to see you're going to be making it.

Oh yeah and it's 1:40 am and I just got done cleaning my car about 15 min ago . It's been a long evening.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 01:53 PM
Ryan, it's cool. I'll just meet you there. Which code is showing? See you all @ 1:00
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 03:21 PM
Ryan, it's cool. I'll just meet you there. Which code is showing? See you all @ 1:00

P0402 EGR Flow Excessive at Idle.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 10:49 PM
Thanks everybody for showing up we had a good turn out. It was a good time and we'll have to do it again before the end of summer. Everyone keep an eye out for the pics.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/17/06 11:17 PM
the next meet i am there!!!!!!! i am sorry i ould not make it this time. can't wait to see the pics.
Posted By: LBizBoy Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/18/06 12:58 AM
Sorry I didn't show. Had to help my friend rip her tranny out of her c/10. Also broken motor mount for me. Really wish I could have been there.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Another IUP Meet - 06/18/06 02:39 PM
Rob, I had a great time. Perfect day for a drive. Thanks for the burgers, it was very cool of you to have all of us out. Can't wait for the next one!
© CEG Archives