Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jmccann81 who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 06:44 PM
I want to find a good window tinter in the north jersey area. I live in sussex county. I have made 3 attempts to do it myself with no luck. (realy bad looking tint jobs.)
I also need a good upholstery shop as well. I had stains I can't get out of my seats and Cigarette burns from the original idiot that had my baby(my car).
I don't mind if any of you wonderful folks could help.
Posted By: G Stone Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 07:03 PM
Don't know about the tint. Think it would be cheaper to try to find a used seat a boneyard? I heard reupholstering can be very expensive.
Posted By: jmccann81 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 07:16 PM
If thats the case I'll have a friend order a set of custom upolstered sparco raceing seats.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 07:29 PM
If I told you Tint Master in Hartford did my car, did an excellent job, and are very reputable, would it matter? No.

Post in your local branch.
Posted By: jmccann81 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 07:33 PM
hey I'll drive with in 100 mi of my state for good quality work.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jmccann81:
hey I'll drive with in 100 mi of my state for good quality work.

Well then hit up Tint Master. I heard by word of mouth and a quick google search (something like "best tint connecticut"). Tint Master seemed to show up on a bunch of car forums as the most recommended.

It cost $159 for full tint and seamless back window tint. $119 if you want it with seams. Full warranty for 1 year. Anything gets messed up, give them a call, and they will fix it within a day, no charge.
Posted By: jmccann81 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 08:13 PM
thanks for the tint recommendation. how long does it take for the tint to be done?
I want:
A 5in black strip on the wind sheild
35% smoke on the front windows
20% black on all 3 rear windows
I live in nj and the tint laws keep tint off the windsheild and the front 2 windows.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jmccann81:

35% smoke on the front windows

I live in nj and the tint laws keep tint off the windsheild and the front 2 windows.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 09:08 PM
I dropped off the car at 8 AM, and they closed at 5 PM. Finished between 4-5 PM.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/12/06 09:21 PM
tony, only a one year warranty? Don't most places offer lifetime warranties?
Posted By: richs_dup1 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/23/06 03:26 PM
Be careful with tint in NJ. My car had been in an accident before I bought it. The passenger front window was replaced and tinted to match the rest of the car. When I went to inspection it failed for after market tint. There was a small 1/4 inch strip that was not tinted along the top edge. If you go to the DMV site or what ever they are called now, they say after market tint in the front windows is illegal. I replaced the window with a factor tinted window and passed.

Rich S.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: who is good for tinting windows - 05/23/06 04:19 PM
That's crazy (NJ, not you Rich). How can it matter who tints the windows. I can see it mattering how dark, but what if I tint mine the same as the factory? What jerks.
© CEG Archives