Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/04/06 10:38 PM
The place to be : Carlisle All-Ford Nationals
When : June 2-4 , 2006

If you haven't registered yet ... WHY NOT ?!?! GO HERE AND REGISTER ! Don't for get to put "Contour Enthusiasts Group" as your club name (i.e. NOT C.E.G. , not Contour.org , etc. - IMPORTANT !) !

Whether you can come one day , or all 3 - it doesn't matter ! Just so you show up and support your club , the Contour Enthusiasts group , that is ! We need 25 cars registered to get our tent again this year . As of writing this , we are short of numbers , so get to their site & register - NOW ! If you're on the fence about coming , jump off that fence & GO HERE !

Here is the registered list I have as of now (in random order) . Let me know if I missed you , or counted you & shouldn't have & I'll update the list .

• wa2tuff
  • Checker'd SVT
  • smars
  • Luca
  • BrApple
  • richs x2
  • Matt R
  • Guitarman19853
  • juspifool
  • 99 red SVT
  • Berry Tweaker
  • getsum111 (?)
  • brandonsvt99
  • that Buddy Palumbo guy

Help me keep this list updated .
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/05/06 12:55 AM
I haven't registered yet, but I will soon. 100% definately coming.
I'll be there.
In my SHO. Sorry guys!
Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/06/06 05:05 PM
I'm Registering today. Guess Corinne and I will be camping again. Maybe this time we wont have security trying to run us over in our tent with their golf carts.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/06/06 05:38 PM
Hopefully registering this week. If my brother gets his truck done by then, we said he will register also, so that gets us a bit closer to the tent, assuming no one minds a "lowly" truck parking near our ultra cool contours, LOL.
Scott
Originally posted by getsum111:
Hopefully registering this week. If my brother gets his truck done by then, we said he will register also, so that gets us a bit closer to the tent, assuming no one minds a "lowly" truck parking near our ultra cool contours, LOL.
Scott

doesn't matter where you park, just matter what group you sign up with
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/25/06 01:59 AM
*Trying* to register, but I keep getting a declined payment message.
You forgot me ! I'm coming and bring a friend too!Carlise virgin right here...I can't wait i'm excited.
Brandon - I added you to the list . Can't wait to see ya at the meet .

Matt - I don't know what to say . You tried a couple times today ?? Or over a couple days ? Maybe they're having c.c. troubles on their site . I'd say maybe drop 'em an e-mail & tell them about your issues .
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/25/06 05:28 PM
I guess I am registered finally. I didn't get any conformation email or finish the transaction, but my credit card was charged last night. I'll wait and see if I get an admission slip in the mail when I go home in the middle of April.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/27/06 02:21 AM
That makes 17 with Matt and Mike registered.
I'm sure Jason will be registering soon..18.
We'll make it. If not, I'm going to have to go find my "friends" and see if they'll give us a tent instead of a table.
Originally posted by m�¶bius:
I'll be there.
In my SHO. Sorry guys!

Actually, I might not even be in my SHO. It might be in the shop. I'll be a TRUE troll at Carlisle this year!!
I'll be there.
In my SHO. Sorry guys!

Actually, I might not even be in my SHO. It might be in the shop. I'll be a TRUE troll at Carlisle this year!!

[Napolean Dynamite voice]
Dang ...
[/voice]
What date does Carlisle require the 25 names? I will help if I can.
IIRC , we've gotta get 25 through the weekend .

On a similar note , I haven't gotten the tent reservation form yet - don't know what's up with that . I guess I've gotta make a call .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/30/06 11:53 AM
Lars, you are coming this year aren't you? I hope so!
I have my room reservation. There was some thought about bringing another car though. That's why I was asking about the cut off date for the CEG tent tally.
I may register the Mystique after all.
Lars
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 03/31/06 12:17 AM

See ya soon!

I can't wait! Doesn't look like i'll be able to get the front bumper redone before then... but oh well, it doesn't look that bad
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/07/06 11:49 AM
Don't worry, you'll still have fun. Promise!
Here is the list I have :
  • wa2tuff
  • Checker'd SVT
  • smars
  • Luca
  • BrApple
  • richs x2
  • Matt R
  • Guitarman19853
  • juspifool
  • 99 red SVT
  • Berry Tweaker
  • getsum111 (?)
  • brandonsvt99
  • that Buddy Palumbo guy

The only problem I have now , is the fact that I called Carlisle Events yesterday & the girl told me they have 10 people registered with our club for the Ford event . Did everyone put "Contour Enthusiasts Group" as their club affiliation (i.e. - NOT C.E.G. ) ?? If you're unsure , please give them a call & check up on it , because if you didn't , it won't help our group get our tent !! And if you've ever been to a Carlisle event , you know how necessary a tent is .

I also checked on our tent reservation form that never arrived - so they're sending me another , that is due May 3rd . I'm waiting to hear back from the girl in charge of reservations/club registrations to see if we made our 25 needed last year to get our free tent this year . If not , bring some extra $$$ with you to Carlisle this year , as we'll be taking donations to help out with the tent rental fee .

See ya'll there !
I got a return call from Carlisle Events today , and I have great news - we made our 25 LAST year , and WILL have our FREE TENT again this year !!!!

This DOES NOT mean we can rest on our laurels , we MUST still get 25 THIS year to keep the ball rolling for NEXT year . You know you want to come this year , so GET ON WITH IT & REGISTER ! You can follow the links within this thread , or through the link in my sig . I don't care HOW you register , just DO IT NOW ! I want to see all your smilin' faces again at this year's Carlisle Ford event .
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/11/06 11:06 PM
Alright! I don't think I'm registered... there was a pending transaction from Carlisle for about a week on my card, and then it was removed, and I didn't get anything in the mail. I'll have to call them to see what is going on.
Well , when you do register , don't forget ... you know where this is going ... "Contour Enthusiasts Group" under the club's name , LOL !!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/17/06 03:16 AM
I'm a troll, so I have an excuse for not registerinh yet.
Originally posted by Pete 6.0:
I'm a troll, so I have an excuse for not registerinh yet.

Yeah! What he said!
NO EXCUSES !!

I didn't register yet.
Originally posted by Evil Republican:
I didn't register yet.

SLACKER!
I didn't register yet.

SLACKER!

you know it
Posted By: BOUCH96 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/18/06 01:14 AM
What do I need to do to register. Is there a number you call or can you do it online.
I didn't register yet.

WTF ?!?!?!? Get on with it , ya hump !! Or else you'll get a from all the locals !
Originally posted by BOUCH96:
What do I need to do to register. Is there a number you call or can you do it online.

Oh , I almost forgot - follow the link in my sig to register for the showfield .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/18/06 02:52 AM
Originally posted by BOUCH96:

Yeah!
You'll have fun, promise.
Posted By: BOUCH96 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/18/06 03:44 AM
I met some guys from York that have a little contour club, around 6 guys. My girl just bought a 98 off of one of them and I metion to them about carlisle. They said they would check it out. The only thing is they are stuck in the York honda look with the giant aluminum wings some cut springs and factory bumper molding. I dont know if thats the look your going for? But at least it gets you a little closer to that 25 mark
Just tell them they're welcome to show off their rides with us . We're all about Contour-love , with or without parkbenches on the trunk . Heck , they could be bone stock & we'd still welcome them with open arms . Just remember to have them put "Contour Enthusiasts Group" as their club name when they register - VERY important !! They can add their club name to their window card at the event once they're parked on the field .
Closer to the event time , we'll be getting a food list together for our cookout . They're welcome to bring food/drinks & join us in the foodfest (I guess everyone's OK with that - have been in the past) . Bring food to share , share in the feast .
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/18/06 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Closer to the event time , we'll be getting a food list together for our cookout . They're welcome to bring food/drinks & join us in the foodfest (I guess everyone's OK with that - have been in the past) . Bring food to share , share in the feast .

If you don't bring food, bring money!
Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/25/06 04:06 AM
I am FINALLY officially registered.
Sorry it took so long. I just kept putting it off.
I'm looking foward to it! It was alot of fun last year, and hopefully Corinne and i will be able to stay a little longer, but i dodnt know if we can do 2 nights in that tent under the hi-way. one night was brutal last year. That and the drunk security guard.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/25/06 11:25 AM
Mike, my brother and I had a good camping spot last year, it was down the road a bit, but far fewer people. If you're still camping this year, I thing it was called Carlisle Campground or something. I'll check it out and let you know if you want. The only drunk people were the campers,LOL
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/25/06 12:54 PM
* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* Berry Tweaker
* getsum111 (?)
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar

16 down, 9 to go.

I hope you don't encounter that security guard again Mike.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/25/06 01:54 PM
Ithink my brother will be registering his truck under CEG. I'll have to double check, though. I should be reg'd next week, payday is the 30th.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/27/06 12:55 AM
Registered, Finally. I'll check on my brother, too.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/29/06 06:55 PM
Now officially registered.
Ya-Hoo !

Keep 'em coming , people ... just follow the link in my sig below . I'll say it again , remember club name "Contour Enthusiasts Group" (not CEG !) .
we're still on the fence.
Our biggest motivator is to see Allen again.
and finally meet the lovely Christine, of course.

I remember last year we registered, but were so burnt out from the SZ drive, that we dropped out last minute (and tried to send the registration to Brapple's parents).

We would probably drive over on Friday, hotel overnight, stay Saturday, then drive home Sunday.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/30/06 02:23 AM
Aw man, even kim's going? Stupid PennDOT holding my first paycheck and not paying me until June 16th!
Kim- it'd be great to see you guys there ! I can surely understand about being burned-out w/driving . That's 2 pretty long drives . Keep us in the loop with your thoughts about coming down ...

Christine's becoming a CEG legend !
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/30/06 02:39 AM
I hope you guys can make it this year.
I understand if you don't, as Allen said, it is a long drive, especially after the SZ drive.

LOL! A legend? hehehe.
the drive isn't that bad, well from my home it isn't, about 4 hours
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/30/06 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
the drive isn't that bad, well from my home it isn't, about 4 hours

About 6 1/2 for me!
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 04/30/06 10:21 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

?...hope Ken's feeling secure
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:

LOL !!
well Mike and I are officially out.
Our plans were pending an anniversary party that my aunt and I have been trying to set up for my parents' 35th anniversary. We're officially doing the party that weekend.

sorry
well Mike and I are officially out.

I'm sorry you guys can't make it . I was looking forward to seeing you guys again . I guess there's always SZ-07 !

Have fun at the party ! Be sure to wish your parents a happy anniversary for me .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/06/06 03:56 AM
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:

LOL !!

Yep.

Sorry you and Mike won't be making the trip Kim. Next time.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/10/06 05:13 PM

* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* Berry Tweaker
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez

8 more to go.

Originally posted by LUCA:

* Berry Tweaker

9 more to go.

Evidently isn't going and isn't signing up.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/11/06 12:06 AM
I missed Doug's post that said he didn't register. So he's not planning on going?

* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez

9 more to go.

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/11/06 12:23 AM
This trip is gonna be tough with the price of gas right now...
Originally posted by Matt R:

it will be better then going to SZ, but this isn't about the gas prices ...
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/11/06 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BrApple:

it will be better then going to SZ, but this isn't about the gas prices ...

Nope, it's all about hanging out at the gazebo.
You'd better be there Matt.
I hope my tranny is back from TH and in the car by then so I can make it down there.
I missed Doug's post that said he didn't register. So he's not planning on going?

* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez

9 more to go.

Doug - I know you're reading this ... you'd BETTER show up to this meet . We're counting on you . Besides , who'll give me my annual juggling lesson !?!?

* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* Berry Tweaker
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez

8 more to go.

Here's a bump and another official registrant.
Prepared to 'claim victory' in the non-SVT class for the second straight year!!! <tongue in cheek>

350 miles each way. Staying at the Clarion.
Lars
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/12/06 10:09 PM
* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez
* Lars

8 more to go.

I'm glad that you are going to make it again Lars.
See ya at the Clarion.

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/12/06 10:48 PM
Originally posted by larsofvt:

350 miles each way.

You must be about parallel with Saratoga, that is almost exactly how far it is for me too. Check for a PM, I want to see what route you take down.
Posted By: smars_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/13/06 02:40 PM

• wa2tuff
  • Checker'd SVT
  • smars
  • Luca
  • BrApple
  • richs x2
  • Matt R
  • Guitarman19853
  • juspifool
  • 99 red SVT
  • Berry Tweaker
  • getsum111 (?)
  • brandonsvt99
  • that Buddy Palumbo guy

Help me keep this list updated .

Matt and I won't be able to make it this year
Ok i'm officailly regestered.This is my first carlise event.Where are you guys staying?what hotels? is there a list I can get I also wouold need directions!I'm kind of scatter brained right now cause i'm moving and don't have a computer near me.I need help thanxs guys
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/13/06 07:06 PM
* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez
* Lars
*BrandonSVT

7 more to go.

Brandon many of us are staying at the Carlisle Hotel and Conference Center, 1700 Harrisburg Pike.

I will PM you with directions and other info that you may need.

Suzie.. I'm sorry that you and Matt won't make it this year. I was looking forward to seeing you both again.
I noticed you were on the "registered" list, did you register?

Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/14/06 02:16 AM
bad news.....
My nephews 1st Birthday party is the 3rd. I didnt realize until today. So this messes with everything.
I guess maybe we can come up just for Friday, but i really wanted to do saturday-sunday.
oh well.....
iguess we'll save by not camping.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/14/06 02:20 AM
NO!!
Originally posted by larsofvt:

350 miles each way.

You must be about parallel with Saratoga, that is almost exactly how far it is for me too. Check for a PM, I want to see what route you take down.

Matt,

I saw your PM, with a bump thrown in for good measure.

Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/15/06 04:28 PM
I don't know if my brother is gonna register ($$$ issues), but I know he's still gonna come w/ me, regardless. It's a bummer so many can't make it.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/16/06 03:19 PM
well, my sister said its okay that Corinne and I dont make it to my nephews party. That was good news, until Corinne got the invitation for her new born cousins cristening for sunday.
So we are looking at friday-12Noon saturday, before we have to head back.
But of corse friday will rain, and saturday it will all be a mud pit.
Oh well, it will still be fun!
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/16/06 04:02 PM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
well, my sister said its okay that Corinne and I dont make it to my nephews party. That was good news, until Corinne got the invitation for her new born cousins cristening for sunday.
So we are looking at friday-12Noon saturday, before we have to head back.
But of corse friday will rain, and saturday it will all be a mud pit.
Oh well, it will still be fun!

Yeah like last year, lol. At least we got some straw to kinda help.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/16/06 04:15 PM
I guess 1/2 is better than none, right?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/16/06 05:42 PM
Cool, I'm glad that you'll be able to come for a while anyway.
I elect Matt to get the straw this year.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/17/06 01:05 AM
Cool, I'm glad that you'll be able to come for a while anyway.
I elect Matt to get the straw this year.

Haha, NO

The guy in the little cart can do it.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/17/06 01:12 AM
Yes, but someone has to go to the office and get us on the list so that the man in the little cart can bring it.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/17/06 01:23 AM
Yes, but someone has to go to the office and get us on the list so that the man in the little cart can bring it.

Good deal then, I'll take your SVT down to the office and let them know.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/17/06 12:30 PM
Nice try.
You can walk, I'll even give you my umbrella.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/17/06 01:56 PM
Nice try, Matt.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/22/06 03:34 AM
Less than 2 weeks.

What is everyone going to do after leaving the show each day? I say we all go out to a bar or something, or to a resturant.
Posted By: Zee_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/22/06 09:52 AM
Hey, Buddy,

I was just down (over?) to the Import Show. They didn't give oout windshild ID cards like in the past. I missed than, too, because each owner's name was on the card, so you could find out who all your online buddys were..... or leave a note for them if they weren't with their car at the moment you were there.

Anyhow, because you're the leader on this movement to get us out there, you might want to consider doing up some half-page sized cards with the Contour.org logo on it and room for a name, car info, etc.

BTW, are we gathering all in the same spot on the show field?

It's easy to gather at the Import show, as the show field is grouped into each marque.

This will be my first Ford event, so, how do we group ourselves together? Or does Carlisle group Fords be model?

(don't coount me in yet, until I talk the the daughter about bringing HER 1995 'Tour)

I'll be looking for inspiration and ideas about how to repaint her crap purple car.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/22/06 01:15 PM
We will gather in one area. All cars will be grouped by model.
We will have a tent with a CEG banner also.

I hope that you can make it!
Hmmmm ... no windshield cards ?? That stinks ! Maybe it was just for the import show ? That would make it the first Ford @ Carlisle show that I've been to that didn't have 'em . Maybe I'll have to whip sumpin' up , just in case .
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/23/06 10:55 AM
I agree. I still have my one from last year framed in my garage. I was kinda hoping to start a collection of them.
Posted By: I8RICE Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/23/06 11:43 AM
put another name on the list i am all signed up!!!!!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/23/06 11:49 AM
* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez
* Lars
* I8RICE

FINALLY!
We will gather in one area. All cars will be grouped by model.
We will have a tent with a CEG banner also.

I hope that you can make it!

So the tent is a lock?
I thought we had to have 25 members registered.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/23/06 04:34 PM
* wa2tuff
* Checker'd SVT
* smars
* Luca
* BrApple
* richs x2
* Matt R
* Guitarman19853
* juspifool
* 99 red SVT
* getsum111
* brandonsvt99
* that Buddy Palumbo guy
* Parkedcar
* Joel4Prez
* Lars
* I8RICE
* Chris06Fusion

6 more to go.
I'm not sure if Suzie and Matt are actually registered though. I left "SMars" on the list until it is confirmed otherwise.

Lars, we will have a tent this year but it's not looking promising for next year though. Need to get to 25 this year for us to have the tent next year. If we don't make it we will have to pay for the tent.

Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/23/06 04:48 PM
If the unthinable happens, and we ...gulp....don't get a tent next year, I've got 2 screen houses I'll bring. Each one is about 10x10. We could just use those instead of paying for one. That, or kidnap some folks on the way there and MAKE them register under CEG.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/24/06 01:10 AM
I like the kidnapping idea Scott.
We probably could use the screen houses. Good idea!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/24/06 10:14 PM
Thanks for using my name CHRISTINE!!!. That will make it hard for the FBI, LOL. If you guys want, I could bring one or both of them this year, too. It was pretty warm last year. If you guys think we need them, let me know.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/24/06 10:43 PM
All I can say to the FBI is...I know nothing. I have no idea who or what you are talking about. LMAO!

If needed, Allen will get rid of the post for us.
I got my receipt today. I can't wait to see the confusion on the guys faces when they go to put me in the group. I always had trouble when I have my Contour. I always get yelled at for not having an svt!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/25/06 12:33 AM
They yelled at you for not having an SVT?

You wanna park where? With the Contours. But you have a...
They yelled at you for not having an SVT?

You wanna park where? With the Contours. But you have a...

Yea, every year I went they gave me crap. This year should be a real treat. I usually just give in and pretend to listen to them and then just move anyway.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/25/06 10:48 AM
If they try that this year, use the Jedi Mind Trick. "This is not the Fusion you are looking for..."
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/25/06 11:20 AM
Tell them that you have an SVT Fusion.

Or tell them it is a "Post" Contour SVT proto-type.... LOL

Originally posted by getsum111:
If they try that this year, use the Jedi Mind Trick. "This is not the Fusion you are looking for..."

It IS stormtrooper white ...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/26/06 04:11 AM
if i had money, id sooo go
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/26/06 12:44 PM
Wish you could come too.
We'll take lots of pictures for you though.
Posted By: NJSVT576 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/26/06 04:15 PM
Is it too late to sign up for Carlisle and get under the Contour tent? I just got my Contour was interested in seeing what others have done to theirs.
Thank you
Mike
Originally posted by NJSVT576:
Is it too late to sign up for Carlisle and get under the Contour tent? I just got my Contour was interested in seeing what others have done to theirs.
Thank you
Mike

i believe that you can registrer the day of the even, just put down the club as the Contour enthusists group and you will be all set
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/26/06 05:07 PM
Welcome Mike!

Nope it's not too late to register. As Brian said you can even register the day of the event.
If you'd like to register today you may go to:

Carlisle Registration

As previously stated, make sure you list the club name as "CONTOUR ENTHUSIASTS GROUP", if you list "CEG" we will not get credit for you registering.

If you need more information see the first page of this thread. Or, feel free to PM me and I will help you.

Where in NJ are you? Tell us more about your SVT.

We look forward to meeting you!

I will just argue like I do every other year and park where I want.
Posted By: NJSVT576 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/27/06 12:30 PM
Hey
I live in Hunterdon County NJ in a reallly small town called Califon. I've had my SVT for about a year now, and I just love the car. I have a 1999 SVT Contour and its Silver with a midnight blue interior. I bought it off of a local guy who kept in in amazing condition. It's all stock and I just wanted to go to an event where people share the same love for the car as I do because when I am at school or around home, no one appreciates this car.
MIKE
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/27/06 11:20 PM
Welcome Mike. I think you found the event. It's a great time. Follow the link in this thread to register. You'll have a blast.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/28/06 04:28 AM
I know where Califon is. My husband is from Annandale.

Will you be staying for all three days of the show?

Can't wait to see your SVT and you at Carlisle.

Posted By: Korfu Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/28/06 06:44 AM
i wish i was going to carslise... I need to meet you PA peoples at some point damnit
Originally posted by NJSVT576:
Hey
I live in Hunterdon County NJ in a reallly small town called Califon. I've had my SVT for about a year now, and I just love the car. I have a 1999 SVT Contour and its Silver with a midnight blue interior. I bought it off of a local guy who kept in in amazing condition. It's all stock and I just wanted to go to an event where people share the same love for the car as I do because when I am at school or around home, no one appreciates this car.
MIKE

I work in Oldwick NJ, Califon is really close to there. I know there is a Black SVT that sits at a house off of Cokesbury Rd. It's always there when I drive by...
I will be going along with Pete, Jesse, Antonio and others from MD. I didn't get to register so I'll just register at the gate. If I register now I don't think my packet will make it back to me by next Friday...sorry

-Scott
my uncle (who takes his restored '52 dodge wayfarer to the the all chrysler nationals) said something about having to choose a class for the car show... does this apply to us? or is it just Contours or SVT & non SVT?
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/29/06 04:21 AM
Originally posted by scottd60:
I will be going along with Pete, Jesse, Antonio and others from MD. I didn't get to register so I'll just register at the gate. If I register now I don't think my packet will make it back to me by next Friday...sorry

-Scott

Register online now man, then we get credit for CEG. Last year I lost my card, but they have all your stuff in the computer when you get there anyways.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/29/06 12:23 PM
Ryan, you don't have to chose a class. The classes are non-SVT Contour/Mystique and one for the SVT's.

Scott, you can still register now you as you can print out your registration and as Matt said they will have your information available if you don't bring it. Either way we will get credit.

Thanks for letting us know that Jess and Antonio will be coming along.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/29/06 03:36 PM
Bad news again....
We might not be making it at all.
Corinnes mom is in the ICU right now. She has been since Thursday night.
She has myasthenia gravis and its really affected her breathing.
And it looks like she has lymphoma too.
Good news is, the doctors seem very confident about curing the lymphoma. But she will need chemo or radiation.
And since she already as the gravis (which makes you extremely weak on its own), the treatment will be especially tough on her, and she might still be in the hospital
If she is still there, we wont be going. If she is out and doing better, we will try to make it.
I'll keep you all posted.
I owe a few of you some vinyl while i am out there. If i cant make it, i will try to get it to Chris and maybe she can get it to all of you.

For the time being, if you could keep corinnes mother in your prayers, we would all really appreciate it.

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/29/06 03:50 PM
I'm so sorry! Give Corinne a big hug for me!
Tell her that we are sending our thoughts and prayers!! Please keep us updated Mike.

I will be glad to get the vinyl from you and bring it along. I will PM you my home and cell numbers so you can reach me and we can set something up.

EDIT: PM sent.
any idea where I am going to be stuck?
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/30/06 10:39 AM
Mike,
I hope Corrinne's Mom is OK. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Mike - sorry to hear about Corinne's mom I hope she has a speedy/full recovery . We'll certainly understand if you can't make it to Carlisle , you've gotta take care of family . She'll be in my thoughts ...

Originally posted by Chris06Fusion:
any idea where I am going to be stuck?

Chris - looks like you'll be stuck with us .
question for those who have been at carlisle for awhile, I forget if it was posted or not but do they provide water to was cars with, or anything else? I am thinking that my car isn't bad since I cleaned it up for SZ but I would like to wash it when I get to Carlisle and then do a final detail for the show.

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/30/06 01:47 PM
Yep, there are hoses for you to wash your car. Just bring your cleaning supplies.

See ya soon!
what time are people showing up on saturday?
Posted By: NJSVT576 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 12:26 AM
I work in Oldwick NJ, Califon is really close to there. I know there is a Black SVT that sits at a house off of Cokesbury Rd. It's always there when I drive by...

hahahahah yea i know what you are talking about I pass that black one on my way to work also.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 01:01 AM
We usually get there around 8-8:30.
What time do you think you'll get there Brian?

We usually get there around 8-8:30.
What time do you think you'll get there Brian?

8-8:30
Question... i cant find any info on this, but how many people does the registration get into the show? just one? or two? somehow i remember two... the carlisle webpage isnt up since online registration ended... someone help me out...
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 02:22 AM
You and a guest.
You and a guest.

Thanks!

Oh, and i'll be in sometime friday early afternoon! and all day saturday.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 04:59 AM
So many people won't be there on Friday? I'm wondering if I should leave really early Friday morning to make it down there by noon-ish.
So many people won't be there on Friday? I'm wondering if I should leave really early Friday morning to make it down there by noon-ish.

Matt on your suggestion about traffic and all, I am planning to get to the hotel in Harrisburgh around 9 pm, so that means I am leaving enfield around 3, stoping home for dinner and some other things around 4 to 5 ish, etc
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 12:05 PM
On Friday there will probably be four to five of us there.
Come early if you want.

For those traveling Route 78 through the Hamburg (PA) area....the road is open, two lanes in each direction.

For those traveling Route 78 through the Hamburg (PA) area....the road is open, two lanes in each direction.

thats good, I was looking at Microsoft Streets and Trips last night and it said there was construction going on there through the end of August

I am coming down 287 to 78 I think it is
I will be up on friday! "Early"
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 01:44 PM
That's the way you will come Brian. I sent you a PM.

Cool, you'll be there early Chris. Then I can have lots of time checking out your Fusion.
That's the way you will come Brian. I sent you a PM.

I thought that it was just didn't recall exactly from when I looked at the maps last night.
Bad news guys, I will not be able to make it Carlisle. I blew the differential in my car last month, and the transmission is still in the hands of Terry Haines. I was hoping that I would have it back in time, but it just isn't going to happen. I guess I won't be bringing the hotdogs either. Cya all next year.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 05/31/06 10:31 PM
I'm sorry about your car. I was looking forward to seeing you again too.

No worries about the hotdogs.

Hope you get the car back up and running soon!
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/01/06 04:43 AM
Looks like the weather is going to be the same as last year. Raining and crappy Friday, hot and sunny Saturday.
Originally posted by juspifool:
Bad news guys, I will not be able to make it Carlisle. I blew the differential in my car last month, and the transmission is still in the hands of Terry Haines. I was hoping that I would have it back in time, but it just isn't going to happen. I guess I won't be bringing the hotdogs either. Cya all next year.

Sorry to hear you're not gonna make it . Next year .

I'll bring a few packs of hot dogs ...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/01/06 09:35 PM
The Capitol CEG "caravan" will be there around 11:00 in time for lunch.
Rain, Rain, go away!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/02/06 10:46 AM
10 Hours to go. I can't wait. See you guys out there.
i'll be leaving work at noon, getting lunch and finish packing and take off, stop my parents place for dinner, then I will be off to PA , again ...
It'll be good to see you again , Brian . Have a safe trip !
It'll be good to see you again , Brian . Have a safe trip !

looking forward to it also Allen, hopefully the weather turns out nice like last year too
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/02/06 01:19 PM
Leaving right now, see everyone soon!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/02/06 06:28 PM
Yeeehaaaaa! School's out! . Home to load up car, then I'm Carlisle bound.
well other then some hard rain and floaded roads in my town so far so good until I remembered I forgot my regristration form I was sent after I payed ... iirc they can look it up I hope
Yea , they should be able to look you up .
Posted By: parkedcar Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/03/06 03:45 PM
Have fun in the rain everyone!
Wish we were going.
Corinnes mom had her surgury yesturday. She is doing great.
Its not lymphoma and the think they cured the myiasthenia gravis.
We thank you all for your prayers.

Have fun with out us!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: ALL NEW Fords at Carlisle '06 thread - 06/05/06 01:14 AM
Great news about Corinne's mom!
We missed you both.
© CEG Archives