Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 03:56 AM
Hey guys,
It's about that time again for my car to get back on the dyno before some of the final mods go on.

I'm looking to see what kind of interest there is in getting your cars on the dyno to see what kind of power you're putting down. (betcha its more than mine... )

Anyway - $65 for the following:

3-6 Dyno Runs
You get to drive your car on the dyno.
Free Lunch - Grilled food such as burgas, hot doggers - chips and soda all included...(and you don't even have to cook!)
Automatically get entered in a raffle (I won a T-Shirt last time! )
Lots of BS time and lots of information to be picked up from the dyno.

I have about 5 cars right now - including me.

The place will be in Worcestor, MA - New England Dyno & Tuning. www.nedyno.com - go there and check it out - he gets some exotic cars and is a well known dyno tuning shop!

Let me know if you're interested in going. I'm looking at late October - possibly early November on a Saturday.
I need a little more than 5 more cars to get that price. If you're interested, post it! I will continue to post more details as they come along.

Here is the viper club that regularly goes there -

It's a definate good time had by all!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 02:32 AM
sounds great!
I was gonna ask if you were still planning on setting this up, as I believe you once mentioned it not too long ago.
Not sure mine's worth dynoing, but I'll still attend to help out with costs (and of course meet up with all of you's guys)
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 02:38 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
sounds great!
Not sure mine's worth dynoing...

same point but it maybe fun to do it anyway
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 02:55 AM
kim (edit) and Brapple (edit)- EVERY car is worth dynoing. I learned this the first time I went. I only wish I had a good baseline numbers for the SVT prior to modding it. This is why I went a few months back - got my **not so great** numbers, but now after a chip, new intake, dmd - i think i should do a little better.

then after the final mods go on - it should be better than those. The thing is - if it isn't - then I know to go back and figure out what's wrong.

Especially after my Superchip install. My code (RJL1) has been known for either producing good gains - or losing good numbers! This is why I need to get on there....

its worth doing. Period.

Kim - what would really be interesting is doing a base run with your car - put the stock air filter back on - run it. put the KKM on - run it again. see what the gains are. You already have the exhuast on - so you're numbers should be better than a stock SE or cougar.....Come on....DO IT! LOL!

Let me know if you're in....and maybe talk Mike into going too! Tell him to get that thing out of the garage! lol
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 03:48 AM
I'm sure he'll want to go.
honestly, I'm not really interested in knowing how fast (heh or slow) my car is, etc.
and before anyone wants to rip into me about "well then, why do you bother modifying it" believe me you don't want to hear, so I'll spare you all by not listing the reasons why.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 03:50 AM
i'm in!
whats the worst that could happen...
i could blow up my car..not like i havent done that before!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 03:56 AM
hugo, i think i'm interested. i'd like to get stock baseline numbers for my car b4 modding and maybe get some kind of intake setup to install and run it same day. still throwing that idea around.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 03:59 AM
what the hell I am in, it will be interesting to see what a stock zetec with 107k will do and possible how much my stereo takes from the car
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 05:07 AM
Where is Worcester, MA. it sounds like it's far away

I'm interested in going to get some numbers on my car

I didn't read, when is it? if its not for a little while i might have time to install my birthday present.
Posted By: SMcD_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 10:50 AM
I'll come if I'm not working, and depending how my football team is doing at that point in the season....

Yay! Something good is actually happenning in Wormtown!

SMcD
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 12:40 PM
hmmmm... i am actually interested in dyno'ing the MGB. i'd like to get a benchmark before the engine gets rebuilt... keep me posted on a date.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 01:01 PM
wow - great response guys!!!!!!
I'm impressed!

Jay - Worcestor is not too too far from where you are. I'd say less than 1 hour.

I will keep you guys up to date on ... the date lol!

The list from this group includes:

Me
Hugo M.
Brapple
Kim
CobraR
Elky
Baco - maybe (date)
SMcD - maybe (date)
JSmith - maybe

Again - the more the better. However, the more we have, the less chance there will be for you to do a run, change something (ie, intake, etc...), then do another run. If we do that with a lot of people, things tend to get out of schedule - and is usually not cool for the other 10-15 people waiting there. It takes about 10 minutes to get one car off the dyno and snap the other car on.....
That's just to let you know. Most likely - this will be the case if everyone shows up. The reason the price is so cheap for the amount of runs is because you're all basically splitting the cost of the hourly cost (which is discounted for groups like ours to begin with).

Thanks guys!!!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JSmith:

i don't know about you guys..but i think Jay was takin a shot at Hugo with this one............
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

i don't know about you guys..but i think Jay was takin a shot at Hugo with this one............

we may never know.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 01:49 PM

oh i know! TRUST ME! Topsfield still just sounds so far away....Worcestor just doesn't sound as bad! So his theory holds no water! lol!!!
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 01:52 PM
I'll go.
Posted By: Cappuccino911_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 02:28 PM
F tha Bullshite, The reason Topsfield sounds so far away is because it is!!!!! He lives in Dartmouth I live in Brockton which I know is closer to topsfield than Dartmouth but still out in the boonies!!!! Don't they have some sort of fair out there or something? Whatever it is, it can't compete with the brockton fair!!!!!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 03:59 PM
i'm gonna check out the web site, but i am more interesting in finding out where there are deficiencies in the car, timing, spark, etc... than Max HP. especially for the MG.

hopefully it'll make the ride to worcester.

if i don't do the dyno, i'll come by an watch. i've never seen one run before.

thanks!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 04:08 PM
if there does become a large group I don't have to participate but there is a good chance I will still make the ride up to watch
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 04:16 PM
Originally posted by baco99:
if i don't do the dyno, i'll come by an watch. i've never seen one run before.

thanks!

Exactly what I was thinking!

I'm not really planning on spending any more big money on this car, but I'd love to see one up there.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/06/02 05:26 PM
Count me in!!!!! I am not able to go the first weekend in November, but weekends around that are free.

I am thinking along the same line as Baco. I would be interested in timing/spark as well as HP. It would ne nice to see the HP and TQ curves to see if my car needs a tune up or tuning.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 02:09 AM
ok guys, i got a reply from Dean - he says October 5, 26, an any saturday in November is open right now.

I am taking votes right now.

My vote - october 26th......Applefest being the weekend before - the 19th.

There is my vote. Now, those who plan to put the car on the rollers, I need your vote.

Also FYI - to those who are just going to go and hang out, it's free...obviously - minus the money Dean will charge you if you want lunch....he'll cook it and its all you can eat. Last time it was $5.....

Thanks!
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 02:34 AM
can i vote..

i can do either.

oh wait can i come????
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 02:35 AM
Originally posted by MTO RSX:
can i vote..

i can do either.

oh wait can i come????

no - go away you troll!!!!

hahaha - sure...you can come. which care are you gonna bring?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 04:09 AM
Is there a maximum number of people that will be allowed to attend? (for time restraint purposes and such).
I'm curious because I'm wondering if you'd like me to post a link to this thread over on MASS/CONN NECO and see if any Cougar people would like to also attend.
It's your call Hugo.
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 06:02 AM
haha ... a mass meet at a dyno
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
haha ... a mass meet at a dyno

I get it.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 02:16 PM
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
ok guys, i got a reply from Dean - he says October 5, 26, an any saturday in November is open right now.

I am taking votes right now.

My vote - october 26th......Applefest being the weekend before - the 19th.

There is my vote. Now, those who plan to put the car on the rollers, I need your vote.

Also FYI - to those who are just going to go and hang out, it's free...obviously - minus the money Dean will charge you if you want lunch....he'll cook it and its all you can eat. Last time it was $5.....

Thanks!

The 26th is perfect for me!!!!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/07/02 03:06 PM
thanks Ed!!! Anyone else with dates?

Kim, I would hold off right now on inviting the Cougar group. Reason is exactly like you mentioned - we'll see how many people we have at first - honestly i think we are going to have enough people to get the $65 price.

My goal is to get JUST ENOUGH people to get the $65 price, and to get as many runs as possible. If we have 20 people on the rollers, most likely, we'll be on the dyno for only 3 runs. hahahah I want the $65 bucks to be worth it! lol

I'll let you know Kim, after I see how many people we can get for a particular date.

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/08/02 09:45 PM
i vote the 26th..
and hopefully i can bring both cars.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 03:59 AM
i guess the 26th is good. dont see a problem so far.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 10:48 AM
I vote for the 26th.

I'd like ot get at least 2 runs in. One with the stock air box and one with the KKM with heat shield, and maybe a third run could be with the KKM without the heat shield, like that would make any differece unless its wickid hot!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 01:21 PM
Originally posted by CobraR:
I vote for the 26th.

I'd like ot get at least 2 runs in. One with the stock air box and one with the KKM with heat shield, and maybe a third run could be with the KKM without the heat shield, like that would make any differece unless its wickid hot!!

again - the more people go, the less likely you will be able to do that. you will get more than 2 runs in.

i just want to be clear about that - not my rule - Dean's....
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 02:15 PM
I vote for the 26th.

again - the more people go, the less likely you will be able to do that. you will get more than 2 runs in.

i just want to be clear about that - not my rule - Dean's....

Yup, I know.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 04:12 PM
I vote for the 26th.

I'd also like to do 2 runs. One run with stock induction system to get a baseline, then a second with with all my induction mods, and if there's time a third run to test my theory that the center cone element on the KKM actually causes a restriction in flow due to turbulence at high RPMs
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 04:14 PM
How many runs do you really want to do Jay?????
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/11/02 04:23 PM
what are you talking about
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/16/02 03:02 PM
OK everyone - It's official.
Dean has reserved October 26, 2002 as NE-CEG/CLUB-RSX day.
Yes - I had 7 definates so it needed to be expanded to another group in order to get the discounted price.
There will be ~ 4 RSX's and about 7 Contours.
The RSX guys are awesome - very cool and easy to get along with. I attended their Dyno Meet last time (only non-rsx) and they welcomed me with no problems.....

Now - the next step.

Those who have expressed definate interest in going -

Kim
Mike - CobraR
Mike - Elky
Brian - Brapple
Hugo - HMouta
JSmith
Ed - ED98.5SVT
Me

And anyone else who is interested in bringing their NE-CEG Vehicle - go and signup at www.nedyno.com
Click the Dyno Signup Icon.
Select NE-CEG/CLUB-RSX on the drop down box.
Fill in rest of info.

Since I think we have enough for the discount - please keep this to only CEG vehicles (ie, only Contours, Mystiques, Cougars). Same will be relayed over to the RSX Club.

If we are short a few cars - I will let you know and you can bring other types of vehicles - but only if we are short.

Sign up! It's gonna be a fun day! And since its towards the end of October - the weather should be nice and cool!!!!

Later!!!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/16/02 03:18 PM
Done!
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/16/02 04:02 PM
I'm in!!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/16/02 09:08 PM
i won't run the dyno, but i'll try and be there to watch to the process.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/16/02 09:35 PM
I'm all signed up...

just so you CEG'er know ClubRSX is a great group.
and we can't wait to have this big Dyno Meet.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 12:23 AM
I'm all signed up...

i know...I can't wait for this!
I am starting to believe I may have LOST some hp with the few things I did.....Can't wait to find out!
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 12:53 AM
I'm all signed up...

i know...I can't wait for this!
I am starting to believe I may have LOST some hp with the few things I did.....Can't wait to find out!
and i might have my Header by then..
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 02:08 AM
i don't think i'll have mine by then.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 11:15 AM
Hugo, eventhough some of us are on your list, do we need to go to the website and sign-up there too? Just wanted to make it clear.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 12:24 PM
mike...
you do have to go to the site and register for the day.
theysend you a nice little confirmation email and everything..

i think you have to do that so that they save you a space
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 12:45 PM
Mike - Mike is right. lol!

Please do so and confirm on their 'Dyno Sign-Up' site.

For those who are going - you must confirm on the site. Regardless of whether you're on the list in this post....It's just a way to confirm everything is set and ready to get that price.

Thanks Mike!!! Both of ya!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 03:51 PM
I am going to hold off for on signing up for now, I am not sure what kinda of schedule I will have with school and such by that time. But if you still need someone to get the group rate I will do my best to go. If not I may go anyway to watch....just still a bit to early for me to tell now that I think about it more.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 04:18 PM
Mike - Mike is right. lol!

Please do so and confirm on their 'Dyno Sign-Up' site.

For those who are going - you must confirm on the site. Regardless of whether you're on the list in this post....It's just a way to confirm everything is set and ready to get that price.

Thanks Mike!!! Both of ya!

I'm glad this was brought up. I was led to believe that since my name was on the list here I was all set.

I guess I need to visit their site and let 'em know I'm comming.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 04:39 PM
Originally posted by brapple:
I am going to hold off for on signing up for now, I am not sure what kinda of schedule I will have with school and such by that time. But if you still need someone to get the group rate I will do my best to go. If not I may go anyway to watch....just still a bit to early for me to tell now that I think about it more.

I thought you said you were in?
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 05:38 PM
I'm all signed up. It is 10-26, right?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/17/02 05:53 PM
I'm all signed up. It is 10-26, right?

you got it!

Thanks Jay!!!
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 02:11 AM
just so everyone knows..i just got a email from Dean inwhich he noticed that its stated on here 2-3 Runs and maybe some mods done on the Dyno.
Everyone will get atleast 3-6 runs with mods aswell.
so dont hold back and just sign up.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 05:11 AM
holy dynomometer Batman, thats alot of runs.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 01:14 PM
just so everyone knows..i just got a email from Dean inwhich he noticed that its stated on here 2-3 Runs and maybe some mods done on the Dyno.
Everyone will get atleast 3-6 runs with mods aswell.
so dont hold back and just sign up.

thanks Mark! I was going to email Dean to find out the exacts.....

3-6 runs!!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 01:14 PM

exactly! So people......SIGN UP!!!

Not to mention....His Burgers.....
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 01:18 PM

exactly! So people......SIGN UP!!!

That can mean either that his burgers make you throw up or that his burgers are awesome!!!
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:

That can mean either that his burgers make you throw up or that his burgers are awesome!!!

If you mean this to mean puking you must label it as such. Example: <----- puking

So I think it is safe to say that his burgers are very good.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 02:03 PM
you guys are funny....

his burgers are friggin awesome.....

and chips...and soda....and a little beer last time we went!!

This guy takes care of us.......
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 04:27 PM
All signed up.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/18/02 09:14 PM
All signed up.
i guess mike was sold on the beer...lol
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/19/02 10:34 AM
Well, the beer was one thing. Did I hear someone say there's gonna be girls? I would like a picture of my car with a chick like the one on the NEDYNO website!! hehhe
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/19/02 11:48 AM
Well, the beer was one thing. Did I hear someone say there's gonna be girls? I would like a picture of my car with a chick like the one on the NEDYNO website!! hehhe

Doode..WTF!!
you got a chick!!
get her nekkid and take pics of her on your car and your bike!!

typical engaged dude...hes got a chick...and he still wants more!!

hehe
J/K
Posted By: GoodSki411 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/19/02 12:40 PM
Hell, Steve's married and I'm sure he would jump at the chance. It's the same old thing ALL the time...he he!
He would be up for something new, I'm sure! Something new to drool over (cause I've been nothing to drool over for a while now)!
Probably blow that pic up poster size and keep it in the spare bedroom/computer room!!! It would give his fishies something good to look at!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 09/20/02 12:58 AM

yeah only if she doesn't attempt to rub herself all over the paint (pfft like she could with that 3 foot zaino force field)

I think I'm faster to jump at looking at hot chicks than Mike is.
hell I point them out for him to look at.

btw I just now finally registered on the website for the dyno day.
sorry it took me so long.

Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 11:24 AM
Damn....This was on page 9!!!!

I had to bring this to the top.

I need to make sure everyone is set to go. More information will be posted later. If you're going, please sign up.

I think right now we have a total of 14 cars on the dyno that day!
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 12:43 PM
I'd like to go, but I don't need to dyno the car. I'd like to come down and see how you guys do, maybe video tape the cars. You think they would mind? I can't believe I didn't know that place existed!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:02 PM
hugo, do you know how many spaces are left?

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:08 PM

I can pull out if we find that there are too many of us going and let someone take my place. I don't mind.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:24 PM

i think 14 is plenty. we should get a lot of runs with 14 attending. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who said was interested, was all signed up....

also - ryan, its not a big deal to show up and watch. i mean, i'm sure we're not going to have fenway park there (which would be bad) but the group? no problems at all.

i think he charges something like $5 to eat the barbeque buffet though if you are not on the dyno....and of course, no raffle. lol
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:24 PM
but if i'm not gonna run, i can just pay for the food when i get there, right? or do i still have to sign up online?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:29 PM
but if i'm not gonna run, i can just pay for the food when i get there, right? or do i still have to sign up online?

just pay when you get there.

the sign up feature is for dyno'ing only.....

any other questions - let me know...i'm sure i've missed a few.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:38 PM
credit cards accepted or no?
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:48 PM

no they only accept dollar bills, folded length-wise.

(oops! wrong thread!)
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:49 PM

ooof....good question.....i think they are.....let me double check with him.
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 01:52 PM
since this is contour/cougar/RSX - centric. can i still bring the MG along?

i don't want to screw up your FWD mojo with my RWD project car.

i just hope the thing doesn't blow up! but whatever, i still get free towing if i need it to get home....
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 05:29 PM

no they only accept dollar bills, folded length-wise.

(oops! wrong thread!)

yes....wrong thread.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 05:54 PM

cash or credit card is accepted.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 05:55 PM
since this is contour/cougar/RSX - centric. can i still bring the MG along?

i don't want to screw up your FWD mojo with my RWD project car.

i just hope the thing doesn't blow up! but whatever, i still get free towing if i need it to get home....

if you're not going to bring your SVT, then by all means, bring the MG. we can also put the Tow truck that will be bringing you to and from the dyno shop on the dyno! lol! j/k.

Posted By: Cueball Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 06:00 PM
I can just imagine my car on the dyno, hopping and skipping around on the rollers. At least I could see which tires are the worst . If I'm not doing anything I may come on by, but no plans to dyno.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 06:05 PM
Originally posted by CueballSVT:
I can just imagine my car on the dyno, hopping and skipping around on the rollers. At least I could see which tires are the worst . If I'm not doing anything I may come on by, but no plans to dyno.

your car wouldn't move an inch on the dyno......trust me.
they tie that shiz down a LOT!!!!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 07:09 PM
ok. i want to sign up to get some base-line numbers for the MG....

Hugo I PM'd you back
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 07:14 PM
we're only required to preregister, not prepay.
you pay when you actually get there.
so if the car makes it there, then you pay and do your dyno.
sound good?
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 07:14 PM
perfect. i signed up!

what times are we talking about? i would def prefer morning if possible...
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 09:50 PM
it starts at 9am.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/10/02 11:16 PM
from dean just now.

Mark,
Update!

6 Contours
7 RSX's
1 BMW
1 MG
Posted By: SHO91MTX_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/11/02 06:35 AM
Dean also accepts checks. And this year he has a new wideban o2 sensor, and new FWD straps. He also has it so you drive straight in onto the rollers instead of backing in now. I think the eye watering runs from Fred Hurder's SC SHO did him in . I may come down and visit, but NESHOC is having a dyno day the weekend after, so that's when I'll be running.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/12/02 05:14 AM
one more signed up.
Posted By: El Flaco_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/15/02 02:48 AM
yo i'm in just to watch.but i'll be there to see u guys.
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 03:23 AM
Originally posted by SVT:
I'd like to go, but I don't need to dyno the car. I'd like to come down and see how you guys do, maybe video tape the cars. You think they would mind? I can't believe I didn't know that place existed!

TTT. I'd like to know too.

I did a Mapquest -- it's near Greenwood St.? That's a hop, skip and jump from my house, never mind my school! When I find out my work schedule I'll see if I can go to watch!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 03:47 AM
Originally posted by SVT:

TTT. I'd like to know too.

I did a Mapquest -- it's near Greenwood St.? That's a hop, skip and jump from my house, never mind my school! When I find out my work schedule I'll see if I can go to watch!

mapquest matty....

i don't know if its near greenwood. i'm not familiar with that area. i've only been there once and got lost and had to call the guy. lol

anyway - it shouldn't be a problem with you guys showing up and watching. it'll be cool to have that stuff on video. it's 5 bucks to eat his all you can eat barbeque....it's gooooood
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 03:52 AM
mapquest matty....

hehe, I've been spending too much time on that site
although it did help me find out my friend lives 10 minutes away from those sniper shootings (he's at home right now)
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 03:56 AM
mapquest matty....

hehe, I've been spending too much time on that site
although it did help me find out my friend lives 10 minutes away from those sniper shootings (he's at home right now)

antonio wright lives about 1 mile from the bowie, md shootings. it's tough according to him.

i was kidding about the 'Mapquest matty' although it does have a good ring to it.

Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 04:13 AM
(made this thread "sticky")
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 04:25 AM
My post made 'Sticky' status! woohoooo!
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/20/02 01:18 PM
My post made 'Sticky' status! woohoooo!
your posts are always sticky...
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/21/02 12:17 AM
well, i had to order my air filters for the MG online. i hope they arrive before next weekend! the old ones are gross.

the bad news is, i went to work on the car today and the rear tyre was flat. i didn't see any holes (used the soapy water technique), so i think the pressure got low enough for the seal to open up. the other side was only at 12 psi! i used fix-a-flat just in case, put all the tyres are 32 psi, and hopefully the MG will be ok for saturday.

i want to see this baby hit 60 HP!!!
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 03:06 PM
OK, how are we going to get to this thing. I think we should all meet up and drive out together; similar to what you guys did last weekend.

I will be cranky if it starts at 9:00 AM...

Mike and Kim and myself can meet Elky on 495 somewhere and head out from there.

Any ideas?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 03:17 PM
considering the number of people that will be there and the likelyhood that we'd even get to start at 9, I was thinking of arriving "fashionably late".
Ed, meeting up sounds like a good idea.
perhaps meet at our house first in Manch and then we can meet up with elky in Chelmsford?
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 04:13 PM
sure!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 04:44 PM
elky, can i meet at your house and then head to chelmsford?
speedo on the MG doesn't quite work right so i'll need someone to help guage my speed!

what time works?
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 05:14 PM
well, I should be there at 8:30 - 9am the latest.
I won't be able to hang around too long because I need to drive 2 hours all the way back to lisa's house to pick her up to drive 3.5 hours up north to the white mountains.
i have a long, NEEDED, weekend getaway with Lisa and I need to be there on Saturday at a decent time.
I'll probably hang 'till 12:30 or 1. Also depends on how long it takes to get there. I forgot how long it took me last time.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 05:16 PM
ughh.....i just noticed I'll be "driving" for a total of 7 hours that day.......quite possibly more.

1.5hrs to get there.
2 hrs to get to Lisa's.
3.5 hrs to get to the condo.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 05:18 PM
anyway - what I was going to say is - try to get there at a good time. Don't get there too late so we can at least have an idea of how to plan out who is going to run what.

also - if you are planning to do some mods in between (if its allowed, which i think it is), then get there early.

the earlier the better in that scenario. you wouldn't want everyone standing around while you mod your car to get another run in.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 06:16 PM
Brian, that is fine with me.
the time is kinda dependent on mike and kim.
i dont care how early we get there.
so... mike and kim if you want to meet by like 9:30
that is cool
or even 10
what evertime is decided...brian, be at my house at least 20 min before
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 07:04 PM
meeting at 9:30 at the chelmsford exit sounds good to Mike and I.
Just a matter of Brian and Ed confirming whether they'd like that time as well.
Ed, this would require you to arrive at our place promptly at 9 or even a couple minutes sooner.
I estimate that we will then arrive in Worcester at around 10:30.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 07:30 PM
that time works fo me.
brian, be at my place by 9:15 please.

Posted By: GoodSki411 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 07:58 PM
Steve and I are going to Keene on Saturday for their Pumpkin Fest.
Although, it's supposed to rain...so, we'll see, I guess!

Have fun guys!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/22/02 08:16 PM
Originally posted by GoodSki411:

Although, it's supposed to rain...

uh oh! i have to check if the windshield wipers work! i think they do....

915 at elky's sounds peachy. consider me conFIRMed.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:12 AM
Ok People. this is an email from today this evening.

Hey Mark,
We have 17 cars signed up so it should be an awesome time! You bet we are ready to go! Doors will be open by 8:30 so feel free to roll in whenever you like.
The price is $65 or $75 with Air/Fuel Testing and up to 6 runs if needed. $5 for those who just want to eat. If you have an idea of how many just want to just eat send it so I have plenty of food.... but I always do!
Thanks for setting this up -- we will make sure everyone has a good time!

Thanks,
Dean
www.nedyno.com

get there early.
can't wait this should be a good time.
see you all there on Saturday.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:52 AM
cool. thanks mark.
i hope that kid - EBP-RSX-S gets that message and meets me at 7:00am! make sure he gets that post!!
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:57 AM
If it's going to be this early (I was expecting something like 5 PM!) then I'll likely be able to watch ... I'll see you there (hopefully)!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 02:18 AM
If it's going to be this early (I was expecting something like 5 PM!) then I'll likely be able to watch ... I'll see you there (hopefully)!

nice! i'll be leaving long before 5pm! lol.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 11:17 AM
If it snows on Saturday I won't be going....

I can't believe its snowing here right now!!!
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 11:31 AM

Even worse; I'm not at school to see my friends' reactions to seeing snow in October!
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 11:48 AM

What about if you put the snow tires on the GL and take that to the dyno. It'd be interesting to see what the GL can put down for numbers.

Oh yeah, if its snowing I might have to bring my dodge. I won't be putting it on the dyno though. I know its numbers won't be very impressive other than that it will make a measley 180 or so HP around 2500 to redline (2800) and about 300 - 360 lb-ft somewhere around 2000 RPM.
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 12:46 PM
i don't think it's gonna snow this weekend, maybe rain in the evening. my wipers work!

and since they open so early, if you NH guys and Elky want to head out maybe 30 minutes earlier, i'd be up for that too...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:08 PM
sounds fine to me.
Ed, Mike and Mike? (that would mean Ed would have to arrive at our place at 8:30 and we'd meet up at the rest stop at 9ish).
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:27 PM
hey guys, forecast for saturday in worcester is saying periods of light rain in the morning clearing up in the afternoon - highs in the low/mid 40's and lows in the high 30's.

I hope you guys don't back out for light rain - moderate snow, i totally understand especially for you non-daily driver car like me.

This should be a great time had by all! Can't wait to see you all there especially since I wasn't able to make it last week.

c'ya

Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:39 PM
meeting up at 9 is fine with me.

just thought of soemthing..hugo..should i take the mirko off before i go, or can i get on the rollers with it?
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 01:58 PM
9 at Chelmsford is fine with me. I may meet you guys there because I may spend the night in Bedford (MA). I will let you know by Friday.

Which stop is it anyway. Where is it????
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 02:02 PM
meeting up at 9 is fine with me.

just thought of soemthing..hugo..should i take the mirko off before i go, or can i get on the rollers with it?

hey bud,
i'm pretty sure you can keep the mirko on.
the rollers aren't tall at all and if worse comes to worse, you'll just back up. but i really don't think you need to take it off.

also - i would love to check the mirko out in person so if you do take it off, can you bring it? i am battling my bwains out trying to figure out what i want to do in terms of front splitters are concerned.

i hope that helps.
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 02:44 PM
Anybody having there A/F ratio tested?????? I am thinking about it.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 03:00 PM
ed, it is the rest stop on 495 south right after the Rt3 exit.
there is one on each side of the highway atthat point.
make sure yor on the south bound side!
hugo, the mirko will be there
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 04:11 PM
hey hugo, is the money paid per car?
or can i bring two cars and run them both like 2 or 3 times?
i would really like to see what teh van actually can do!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 04:52 PM
Elky - I appreciate you bringing the mirko. Thanks man.
About the 'Van dynoing'....can you send an email to Dean (his email address is on the site but i think its nedyno@aol.com). our email server has been down all day so I can't find out. I think its $65 per car though. Maybe Mark can chime in when he gets home?

Thanks Elky!!
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 04:55 PM
Anybody having there A/F ratio tested?????? I am thinking about it.

i'm getting the a/f ratio tested on my car. last time, it looked like i was running a little lean on the topend.

and so i need to see if the chip is helping out the fuel curve at all....not like it matters. its getting reburnt very soon for my headers and throttle body anyway and to eliminate the speed limiter and raise the revs.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 06:10 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to pass this Saturday.
I've been on the fence about it for a while, trying to weigh out the reasons why I should and shouldn't and there just seem to be too many reasons against my attendance.
First and foremost is that I signed up to take the CPA exam last minute, therefore have had limited time to study for it, and have not even begun any of it yet.
I really need to study for this thing.
there are a billion other reasons why I can't/don't want to go, but I'll spare you.

I'm gonna email Dean and see if this will cause a problem since I already registered. I doubt it will though. There are already plenty of people registered by now for the discounted price.
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 06:13 PM
cool. Elky, i'll meet @ your house around 830.

do you think getting the A/F is worth it for me? the MG has a very simple system with no computerized monitoring. how does their A/F sensor work? is it mechanical or strictly electronic?

if they have a way of checking to see where the car is running rich (which i am sure it probably is), that might be helpful for tuning the carbs.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 06:27 PM
kim, it shouldn't be a problem. just let dean know so he can know how many mouths to feed. lol

the cpa exam is definately higher priority and i wish you luck. i know i'm not a big fan of studying but if you can get through the studying - you'll be fine.

hope everything is ok in terms of reasons you "can't and don't" want to go.

baco - i wouldn't think the a/f ratio test is necessary for you. it's your 10 bucks though! lol
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 06:29 PM
if they have a way of checking to see where the car is running rich (which i am sure it probably is), that might be helpful for tuning the carbs.

they do - they go by rpm range and they show the graph through the band. you will see any dips or surges at the exact rpm.

thanks.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 10:54 PM
Mike(Elky) its $65 per car boss.
sorry but your idea would be the smart
way of doing it but they have to strap
and unstrap both cars so thats why he charges
it that way.
i dont make the rules or try to break them
sorry again boss.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/23/02 11:03 PM
no prob man, i was only wondering.
that is what i figured it was.

can blame a guy for trying.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/24/02 12:29 AM
no prob man, i was only wondering.
that is what i figured it was.

can blame a guy for trying.
i hear ya.
cause i'd throw the P5 on the rollers if that would be the case..lol
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/24/02 04:09 AM
jay, wanna meet up to head up for saturday.

is anyone else from CT going.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/24/02 11:32 AM
Sure, we can meet up. You'll be heading there by way of 84 east, right? If so, we can meet up off 84 in Manchester, near the Buckland mall. I've got to head there tonight to get some stuff anyways so I'll look for a place to meet right near the highway.

Usually, i've been meeting people in a rest area further down 84 after the exit for UCONN, a commuter lot right off exit 69. (get off the exit, turn right at the end of the ramp and then immediately left into the lot) If I can't find an easy to get to spot in Manchester we'll meet here.

I'll send you a e-mail and post the info later.

Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/25/02 03:28 AM
Sorry, I never made it to the Manchester area tonight. So, how about if we meet in the commuter lot off exit 69 on I84?
Posted By: Ed98.5SVT Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/25/02 11:51 PM

OK, you guys are going to be there at 9:00 yes???? The rest stop is on 495 South towards Worester and is past Route 3 as you are heading in this direction??? So, if I were getting off of Route 3, I would hit 495 South and look for that rest stop??
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/26/02 12:09 AM
What time will you all be arriving at the dyno in Worcester? No guarantees I'm going to be able to go ... test driving a car, hehe. I'll try though.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/26/02 12:19 AM
ill be there at 9.
Posted By: MTO Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/26/02 03:26 AM
i'll see you there...
Posted By: ElKy Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/26/02 04:20 AM

OK, you guys are going to be there at 9:00 yes???? The rest stop is on 495 South towards Worester and is past Route 3 as you are heading in this direction??? So, if I were getting off of Route 3, I would hit 495 South and look for that rest stop??

yes ed.
that is exactly what i was talking about

see you all there at 9.

baco, i will see you at my house by 8:45 the latest!
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/26/02 05:13 PM
Hi guys, sorry I missed you all. Went out car shopping today, and now I'm having lunch and then I'm off to work!
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/27/02 05:17 AM
And back from work. Yeah it's been a long day.

How did the meet go? I wanna know! Too bad I missed seeing SVTs put to the test!
(and MG and Cobra and everything else, hehe)
Posted By: baco99 Re: Interest Check - Dyno Day - 10/28/02 02:45 PM
removed sticky.
© CEG Archives