Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
so i went up to epping last night for street night...and wow i thought i could drive...turns out i suck balls...my best run after settling down was 16.2@85.62mph

im going up again next week to try and redeem myself worth cause i put an a sh*t display, anyone else run up there, best time? something for me to shoot for?
Cobra ran a few years ago. 16.2 was his best time too IIRC.

Epping is about 15 minutes east of here.
Do you go for the entire street night time slot?

ya i got there at about 6:30 last night and stayed til about 9:15...got three runs in, i was pretty let down that i couldnt brake 15...ive got a 67 stang with a 351w and i was sure the csvt was quicker...but not yet, it was totally my driving to blame, i launched like a grandmother
well, as everyone says, these cars aren't really meant for drag racing, so I guess you're better off being like granny.

Still fun though to hit high speeds legally and see what the car is made of.
so true, both parts, haha
HAHA, I think it was like my third or fourth week of owning my old CSVT and a bunch of guys from my old work went to epping one night. I figured I'd tag along and see what I can do with her, I think my best run was like a 15.3-15.4... I felt pretty good after that and figured that was prob. the only time I'd ever run the track, cuz' thats not what these things were built for...
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: First Time @ the track with the CSVT - 08/11/06 10:46 AM
Yeah, I was in the 16's, but it was very late in the season so the launch area was very rippled from all the NHRA cars pulling the pavement back. So I took my launches really easy because wheel hop was an issue. I wanted to keep my diff! On a good note, my reaction time was really good. I was watching the tree as soon as I could see it when I was in line, and figured out how to time it. I launched from just barely over idle, and I shifted just over 6K RPM so I didn't get too close to the limiter.

I thought I red lighted a few times, because it felt like I was leaving early. That's how quick the tree goes.
© CEG Archives