Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Engineers - 07/19/06 02:04 PM
Please keep your eyes and ears open for available mechanical/assembly/design engineer positions, preferably in the MA/NH area.
Mike is on the hunt again, and I'm really hoping he's successful this time.
Too many jobs have come his way and he's been this || close, but obviously not close enough.
His workplace royally sucks, and he's wanted out for such a long time now.

Thanks all.

edit: forgot to add - if your company isn't hiring, but you know of a recruiting company that you could recommend, that would also be helpful.

Posted By: ElKy Re: Engineers - 07/19/06 02:41 PM
like this?

SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSTION
Under minimal supervision, evaluate new product design for manufacturability, select manufacturing processes and materials, design tools and equipment, and supply production engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to industrialize new electronic and electro-mechanical products.
- Develop the manufacturing plan for the new product considering such elements as the forecasted volume, manufacturing process, test plan, tooling and capital equipment, new parts and project schedule.
- Design, analyze and implement new manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Ensure that product assembly tools, equipment, and manufacturing documentation are completed, tested, approved and verified per requirements.
- Support Production in multiple facilities as needed.
- Run small projects with defined goals.
- Support pilot runs of new products to achieve the cost and quality targets for the product and issue pilot reports to team and management.
- Estimate the labor cost of final assembly of the new products consistent with the manufacturing plan.
- Identify cost avoidance opportunities and implement cost reduction solutions.
- Support the transfers of new product to the selected manufacturing facility.
- Operate with some latitude on team activity, actions and decisions but will be responsible to communicate the expected results or deviation from the MER cost, quality, and schedule objectives to the Engineering Manager and/or Team Leader.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgments and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.

B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years experience in design or manufacturing engineering development of industrial electro-optical sensor products

this was sent to me by my recruiter.
unfortunately it is temp job with a one year contract, most likely.
i can go check the board here today to to see if there are any full time job openings.
Posted By: rouar Re: Engineers - 07/19/06 11:49 PM
It's unfortunate you just bought a house and settled down. One of my mech-eng friends is doing an interesting see-the-world type program with a company. Every six months for two years they transfer her to a different position at a different site (rather like doing four internships) and at the end any of them can hire her full-time. She just moved from Laconia to Kansas with her fiancee and their dog, and in February will be going to England. I think California's on the list as well.

Anyway - my company doesn't do much in the way of physical engineering, but I'll ask some of my friends.
Posted By: baco99 Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 02:08 AM
raise your hand if you hate your job.... {raises hand}

i hope he finds what he's looking for!

Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 03:35 PM
I'm guessing something in western MA is WAY too far right?
Posted By: ElKy Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 03:40 PM
whatchoo got?
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 05:03 PM
Well, two people (out of four) are most likely leaving relatively quickly. We could use someone even if no one leaves. I will talk to my boss today to see if there is actually an opening, and not just speculation.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 05:15 PM
where in western ma?
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 05:29 PM
Agawam. In the industrial park if you know it.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 06:04 PM
what type of positions might these be?

and where the heck is agawam?
it sounds familiar.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 06:07 PM
oh wait...now i remember..
isnt that where Riverside Park is?

if that is where i think it is..it is too far away for me!
haha
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 06:20 PM
Yeah, you got it. Good old Riverside. The Black Widow was great! I wish Six Flags still charged Riverside rates.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 06:49 PM
sweet, Six Flags is about to minutes from my apartment ...
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 07:00 PM
The place where I work is another 10 min. from Six Flags. That wouldn't be a bad commute.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Yeah, you got it. Good old Riverside. The Black Widow was great! I wish Six Flags still charged Riverside rates.

hell yeah, loved the widow!!
i can get six flags tickets for $30 from my work.
so if anybody wants some just let me know.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Engineers - 07/20/06 08:09 PM
My parents just decided to sell their house and move to South Carolina. My father got an offer he could not refuse down there (way more money - closing costs - temporary living - moving expenses). From my understanding it's a top spot, senior project manager or something like that. They are hiring 100+ engineers.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Engineers - 07/21/06 11:10 AM
Sounds good. That's the one area of the country that is expanding as far as manufacturing and engineering. With the house now we are kinda stuck here for a while anyway.
Posted By: BeachBum_dup1 Re: Engineers - 07/22/06 02:02 PM
If you like South Carolina........."You might be a Redneck"
© CEG Archives