Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: cannondalemtb 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 01:17 AM
Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on being at the 2006 Summer Nationals in Worcester?
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 02:14 AM
ElKy had better be there with the hearse as usual!

vid from a few years ago

As for me .. hmm!! I might not be living in the area by then! Probably will go anyway though if we can meet up.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 02:28 AM
I must have been sitting like right next to you because I was right there sitting on that little grass hill video taping as well.

Well I have gone the last 3 years in a row and I just registered the SVT tonight. Maybe we could get a group goin for the show in the park...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 02:51 AM
well since I am only an hour away now might as well try to go, when is it as I have to work sound/lighitng at the Shelton 4th show which will be the 2nd this year
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 02:56 AM
Originally posted by cannondalemtb:
I must have been sitting like right next to you because I was right there sitting on that little grass hill video taping as well.

I didn't tape it .. I think Kim or CobraR did. To date I haven't seen the hearse do burnouts - except for the Tony's Pizza beater meet in 2003. I would like to soon though!
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 03:10 AM
Summer Nationals run June 29-July 2. I will probably be there June 29, 30, and maybe July 1.

Pre-registration ends June 24th. You can pre-register and check out more info at www.summernationals.com
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 11:58 AM
haha
that video was from 2004. Kevin taped it.
i still havent taken the video from 2005 off of the tape yet!

i will be there on saturday. i am going to try and get there real early this year so i can park and get to walk around.
i try to do the burnouts around noon, so i can head downtown and get a good spot in line for the nightime burnouts.

i am hoping to get flames painted on the car for the nats this year. will be registering this week.
Wo0+!!!1!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 01:37 PM
we'll be there, riding the coattails of the hearse for our chance at some spotlight/fame.
I just hope we don't get charged $20 to walk the show area and another $20 to walk the tunnel area.

Elky, if you're going early, perhaps Mike and I could crash at your place Friday night.
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 02:35 PM
thats fine.
i htink if you preregister online it is only $18 per spectator for the whole weekend.

i think i am only going to register for saturday.
and thats $22 for vehicle, driver and passenger.
so you might want to register your vehicle.
it would be cheaper.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/19/06 04:16 PM
good idea
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 03:18 AM
Only 2 more days to pre-register. Does this mean that I will be the only Contour there!?
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 03:21 AM
BAH!!!
i almost forgot!
haha
i will have to do it tommorrow.
been in th egarage late the past two night prepping the hearse.
and, yeah, you will probably be the only contour there!
hehe
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 03:32 AM
I won't be registering, but I will definitely be spectating - with you guys if possible! Out of everyone I think ElKy is usually the only one to register, and it's his hearse.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 03:41 AM
Well I always go with my dad and its either $10 a day for each of us to park outside the park or $30 for the weekend for both of us to park inside the park. Hmmm...

So then it was either register the 98 SVT or the 05 MB E500, but he said that he has nothin to show so we registered mine. It would be nice to see another one there. It's a good time.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 11:12 AM
Yeah, I'll have the truck to haul Elky's spare wheels and tires around! haha
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 12:26 PM
last year i kept the wheels behind the seat.

I think my supervisor wants to come this year.
i was talking about it and he was interested.
so he might be stuffing into the hearse with us on the way out.

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 12:29 PM
well we don't have to stuff ourselves inside during the burnouts this year. We did it last year, so I'm happy with that.
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 12:44 PM
i can fit 3 people in the front and two can sit in th back.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 05:44 PM
Just registered the truck for single day pass.
easy preregistration process.
Elky get on it!

Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 06/23/06 05:45 PM
yeah yeah...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/01/06 02:00 PM
have fun guys and post some pics/videos. I am just getting up and not feeling 100% so I am going to take it easy as I am working from 12 to 12 tomorrow ...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 12:56 AM
Summer Nats is going the way of FFW.
RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and completely disorganized.
You'd think for an event that's done every damn year, they'd be more organized.
In fact, it just keeps getting worse every year we attend.

Mike and I left early. The straw that broke the camel's back was Irish Times Pub on Main street. It used to be an annual tradition for us, but no fuggin way anymore.
They have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny.
They carded us all before entering, no problems there.
We all order drinks and finally order food, no problems there.
Elky sees an opportunity to go adjust how his car is parked, so he asks Mike to go with him to help guide the car.
They leave.
When they come back, they get ID'd at the door again, but suddenly the SAME GUY that carded us 20 minutes before decides he thinks Mike's NH ID is fake.
So they call me down and Jess's father to show our ID's to compare and the dude still hassles Mike and won't let him in. Mind you, we still have an open tab. If they think he's got a fake ID, well then those asshats just served a "minor", and if they won't let him re-enter, then they just screwed themselves out of some cash.

So all 9 of us told them to eff our food order, we paid for the beer and we left.
The OWNER said it was the door guy's call and he didn't even make an attempt to check Mike's ID and override his own employee's mistake.
The cop outside said he couldn't do a darn thing, but to him the ID looked legit.

That place has some good food and we've never had any trouble before.
I'm done with it though.
Done with Summer Nats too. Last year got me close to saying eff it all, we're never going again, but this year looked somewhat promising. It was worse. Preregistration was a joke. They lied on the website and then tried to cover it up when you officially register at the hotel. Registration for one day was supposed to cover car, driver, passenger for the park and for the nighttime events. WE get there and all we get is a park armband and they tell us we have to pay $20 more for evening armbands.
eff that noise. The whole event is a fuggin joke.

The park is about the only thing worth doing, but the ridiculous pricing and awful burnout pad management still has me wary of ever attending even the park car show ever again.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 01:56 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
... kims post here ...

Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 04:25 AM
Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near the same what it used to be - I stopped going to the night burnouts myself because of events that occurred last year. The park was okay though. What was the problem with the burnout pad (and was this the afternoon or night one)?

I posted pics/vid here if you're interested. Hope to see your video too, it was probably much more line-of-sight than mine since you were front and center.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 05:12 AM
The event really does need more organization. The night events really aren't even worth going to anymore. It gets way too crowded. The park was pretty good. Many amazing cars to see. My father and I have found that the best thing to do while at Summer Nationals is to sit at the bottom of the hill at the exit by the burnout pad. You can sit across the street and watch all the cars take off while the cops turn and look the other way.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 05:15 AM
Wow...mow I don't feel bad that we missed it.
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 05:49 AM
Cannon - I was looking for your SVT, but I didn't get to see the entirety of the park. Where did you end up putting it?
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 01:11 PM
Right up at the top of the hill. If you followed that dirt path goin up the hill, right about at the top, mine was right there on the end of a row. I'll post pictures later. I got a few of mine a some good ones of Elky's burnout.
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 02:38 PM
Ah of course - the one section I didn't go to. I stayed primarily near the pond side.
Posted By: ElKy Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 06:51 PM
i was parked up there before the burnout.
did you see the yeallow CXT with the tVs and stuff?
i was lined up with him on his drivers side about 80 ft away. right next to a silver 69 hearse.
i moved the car into the burnout line a little after 12.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: 2006 Summer Nationals - 07/02/06 10:46 PM
I didn't even get there until you were already in line for the burnouts.
© CEG Archives