Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT OH GOD - 06/17/06 04:55 PM
well the worst finally happened. i was out like at 12 going to cumby's to get milk and this cop just randomly pulls me over. I knew it was over, he looks at my license and registration, was about to let me go and he noticed my inspection, it was over. I got my license suspended for a month for driving a car that has an expired inspection, right from there he started nailing me on all little things, he got me for tint, after market pretty much everything, basically every bull sh!t thing u can think off was given to me. By that time another cruiser had pulled up and pretty he went off on how he had pulled me over before and warned me and all that. It was hell..My brother picked me up not even a block from my house, the car was towed at my expense to the station where today my brother and I went and picked it up. They harsly warned me that if they see the car on the road with me in it and that expired inspection, there will be "serious consiquences"

I def. think there was a better way to handle this situation rather then suspending my license for a month? ive never even heard of that. Anywho my brother and I are going to the Captain himself on monday and contest the actions of that officer because IMO he was waaay outa line and he was def. harrasing me..I know the Captain because he's one of my dads friends. he's a good guy and listener. Im pretty optimistic that I'll retain my license though because that was pretty bullsh!t..my car was freshly waxed yesterday and not it has all hand prints from the douchebag cop touching everything, he even questioned me on my lights..

i am calm because i knew this was going to happen, it was inevitible..but i never thought it be like this..im upset as well because i was treated very badly, almost as if I was killed someone and was running aaway, i def. sensed some racial sarcasm in his tone that really hurt me..
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 05:10 PM
WOW in RI they just give you a 5day fix it tag and your on your way....Just have to get it inspected with in the 5days and stamped and mail it back.

I got suspended from work and might loose my job, if that helps ya any

Hope the rest of CEG has a good day
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 05:17 PM

this is really upsetting to hear.

good luck with the Captain. hopefully you can get it all sorted out.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 05:28 PM
this is really unbelievable
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 06:24 PM
That really sucks. Did they nail you for the HIDs too?
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 10:41 PM
Man! I'm shocked to hear about the inspection sticker = license suspension for 1 month. I certainly don't think it's warranted. In my job I see cars with no inspection for years with no citation when they get into accidents.

Good luck with the Captain!
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/17/06 11:58 PM
DAMN!!!

doode thats complete bullish!
iu have never seen anyone get their license suspended for an expiored sticker.
like i told you the norm is $50 fine and 2 points on your insurance!
what an arsehat!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/18/06 03:05 AM
no kidding elky, this guys was seriously pissed, I had like 2 cop cruisers front and behind me and I was pleading my case outside the car..alot of my friends were driving by and they were like yelling let him go and etc..

Well he did say that my car def. didnt come factory with HID's but I hid them well with my headlights, pretty much he was slamming me with everything aftermarket. I was seriously shaking thinking he was gonna arrest me or somthing. I was in shock the whole time.

My appointment with the capt. is on monday so hopefully i should be able to get my license atleast re-instated..
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/18/06 03:16 AM
while the car is modified, what can he hit u for? tint, possible loud exhaust if he decibel tested it (but i think u have a borla), car isnt slammed, possibly hids. did he make u pop the damn hood too.

how did the mirko do after towing it? was it a problem to get it on the lift?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/18/06 03:24 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
while the car is modified, what can he hit u for? tint, possible loud exhaust if he decibel tested it (but i think u have a borla), car isnt slammed, possibly hids. did he make u pop the damn hood too.

how did the mirko do after towing it? was it a problem to get it on the lift?

he got me for tints, i can garuntee u that if my car was say red or silver with those tints, they wouldnt have cared, but since the car is all blacked out with black wheels, it just sets the car off to look real badass. He nailed me for tints, noticed tinted tails which he did not like, he didnt make me pop the hood, the car looked lowered since the mirko makes it look that way..borla is loud due to headers. black wheels and etc..

the mirko is all messed up, i had the tools in the car to take it off but i was soo shook up that i didnt bother. The brackets holding it onto the sub-frame are all bent, cause of the stress put upon the mirko, the paint has all cracks in it now, bottom is all scrapped, pretty much its not as bad as i thought it woulda been, apparently the tow truck driver was in his 20s so he was gentle and didnt really beat the car..
Posted By: rouar Re: OH GOD - 06/18/06 04:13 AM
EVERY single time I have any chance of remotely good luck, more than half my friends end up having really crappy weeks. This past month is one excellent example - skunk, you, meantour, etc.

Inspection was your own fault, but I agree that you shouldn't have had your license suspended for that. My dad even got pulled over once with a six-month expired inspection (we had gone on vacation the week we usually get them done, and completely forgot) and only got a verbal warning. Yours expired in May too, it wasn't even that long ago. I hope the chat with the captain goes well .. especially hope he's sensible and understanding.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/18/06 09:25 PM
The only reason he was so harsh with you is becasue of your heritage. The officer had a predjustice and thats why he nailed you to the wall.

There's no need to suspend you liscense. I can understand them odering your car off the street until it passes inspetion but the treatment you got is absurd. The geltelman is a police officer, he is not an inspection officer. He does not have the knowledge to determine what is and what is not aftermarket on the car. That is determined at the time of inspection buy the inspector not on the side of the road by a traffic cop.

Its not like you car is a hazard to humanity and you were popping wheelies down mid town.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JSmith:
The only reason he was so harsh with you is becasue of your heritage. The officer had a predjustice and thats why he nailed you to the wall.

There's no need to suspend you liscense. I can understand them odering your car off the street until it passes inspetion but the treatment you got is absurd. The geltelman is a police officer, he is not an inspection officer. He does not have the knowledge to determine what is and what is not aftermarket on the car. That is determined at the time of inspection buy the inspector not on the side of the road by a traffic cop.

Its not like you car is a hazard to humanity and you were popping wheelies down mid town.

exactly! and its not like I was high or drunk, I was only getting milk for cereal! I even told him that! The streets around me were dead. He told me that he had an eye on my car, whatever that means, uggh, sucks not being able to drove for 2 days
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 12:47 AM
My sisters boyfriend works as a part time police officer, we looked thru the violations referance guide today and it would seem the maximum pernalty in MA for driving beyond the inspection date is $50 fine. Whats actually listed on the citation?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SVT:
My sisters boyfriend works as a part time police officer, we looked thru the violations referance guide today and it would seem the maximum pernalty in MA for driving beyond the inspection date is $50 fine. Whats actually listed on the citation?

no paper evidence of any citation or nothing! I told the officer flat out that anything he will give me, i wont care for since i wanted to talk to his supervisor aka captain..
Posted By: getsum111 Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 01:47 PM
Sound like B.S. to me. Let us all know what happens when you talk to the Captain. I didn't know it was not legal to have HID headlights. Or did I misunderstand you. Good luck, hope it all works out.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jd2-98s:

Ah that sucks! Good luck !
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 02:19 PM
If there is no paper record, then it can't hold up in court. Only the court or DMV can take your driving privlages away, at the suggestion of an officer, but the cops themselves can't suspend your license.
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:
Originally posted by jd2-98s:

Ah that sucks! Good luck !

Not trying to hijack goonz thread, but have a union meeting at 1pm today. Thanks for the wish of luck.

Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 02:54 PM
Goonz,

This really sucks ! It does sound bogus or at least that he was throwing the book at you. Argue your case calmly without any threats, etc.

Go with the honest mistake on the inspection. Tint, you did know about that, but should just be a fix-it kind of thing.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get my truck inspected. I had 7 days from the date of registration... That's tomorrow (or is it today?)
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 05:23 PM
I just got back from the PD..The captain was a good guy, they had a file on me and a record on all the times I had been pulled over. That all went in favor of me because none of those incidents had any reasoning on why I shoulda been pulled over in the first place., its not like I was speeding, street racing or any of that stupid sh!t. My file had stuff like, checking new license autheticity..wtf does that mean! gosh lets see what else, oo checking for expired registration (random selection my @SS) It all fell very close the harrassment basically. In the end the Captain apologized for all the inconvenience that was laid on me, he said the police officer was given a warning and same went for all others who were doing these (random selection pulling overs) because theres no book rule which said you could, it basically caused unfair treatment and harrassment cause if the PD gets sued for harrassment especially with my file as proof, they are sooo going down. He said my license was re-instated with nothing going on my record of this incident (thought so) he said I will recieve a check for the tow charges. In the end he was like I still cant drive my car untill I get it inspected which was obv. understandable. He was very apologetic and insisted that there was a better way to handle the situation then this. He said it shoulda resulted in a $50 fine or a warning. In the end they had nothing on me. I wish I coulda had a copy of that file so I could share all those stupid warnings I recieved for absoloutly nothin. It was like 7 of them, just rediculous. Anywho I won but now I must get her inspected, perfect day to do it too as I can pull all the windows down..we'll see what happens..
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I just got back from the PD..The captain was a good guy, they had a file on me and a record on all the times I had been pulled over. That all went in favor of me because none of those incidents had any reasoning on why I shoulda been pulled over in the first place., its not like I was speeding, street racing or any of that stupid sh!t. My file had stuff like, checking new license autheticity..wtf does that mean! gosh lets see what else, oo checking for expired registration (random selection my @SS) It all fell very close the harrassment basically. In the end the Captain apologized for all the inconvenience that was laid on me, he said the police officer was given a warning and same went for all others who were doing these (random selection pulling overs) because theres no book rule which said you could, it basically caused unfair treatment and harrassment cause if the PD gets sued for harrassment especially with my file as proof, they are sooo going down. He said my license was re-instated with nothing going on my record of this incident (thought so) he said I will recieve a check for the tow charges. In the end he was like I still cant drive my car untill I get it inspected which was obv. understandable. He was very apologetic and insisted that there was a better way to handle the situation then this. He said it shoulda resulted in a $50 fine or a warning. In the end they had nothing on me. I wish I coulda had a copy of that file so I could share all those stupid warnings I recieved for absoloutly nothin. It was like 7 of them, just rediculous. Anywho I won but now I must get her inspected, perfect day to do it too as I can pull all the windows down..we'll see what happens..

WOw, that is good news. Crazy all the stuff in your file though!

Glad you got out of it all, sounded pretty BS to me.
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 06:15 PM
Wo0+!!

Brownie FTW!!
heheh

seriously, glad to hear it worked out in your favor.

were all the other infractions from that PD, or were they from a bunch of differnt stations?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

were all the other infractions from that PD, or were they from a bunch of differnt stations?

5 outa the 7 were..
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 07:07 PM
wow, if your father wasnt friends with the captian, i would be looking into a harrasment suit!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 07:37 PM
wow, if your father wasnt friends with the captian, i would be looking into a harrasment suit!

no kidding! I kinda wish he wasnt cause I coulda sued him and prolly get a lot of $ in settlement for damage
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 08:50 PM
so, did you get it inspected?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 09:01 PM
so, did you get it inspected?

wednesday
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 11:30 PM
I knew that was going to happen. Crooked cops, do they come any other way?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/19/06 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JSmith:
I knew that was going to happen. Crooked cops, do they come any other way?

lightly salted
Posted By: DanburySE Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 03:09 AM
sounds like the cop was an a$$hole, but what makes you think this is racially motivated? i, a white male, have had plenty of cops be a$$holes to me as well. i dont mean to challenge you and i understand you are upset but i just didn't notice anything that indicated race was at all a factor.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 04:06 AM
During the Apology Phase, you should have yanked on a long white cord and screamed "Jihad Allah!" .. and then run away *really really fast* after nothing happens..

Glad to hear all is well
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by getsum111:
Sound like B.S. to me. Let us all know what happens when you talk to the Captain. I didn't know it was not legal to have HID headlights. Or did I misunderstand you. Good luck, hope it all works out.

i think if they didnt come on the car from the factory they r illegal. thats why just installing some hids and having the lids all over the place is begging to be pulled over. gotta do it right with projectors to at least make it look oem. same with tint. if a car came with limo tint from the manufacturer i dont think it would be in violation. cops might still pull u over but you'd have to prove it was oem.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 09:14 AM
I believe that MA is one of those states like CA that tries to say any modification isn't legal
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 11:59 AM
Nice! Glad things worked out.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
I believe that MA is one of those states like CA that tries to say any modification isn't legal

We have VERY little that can be done legally.

Oh, and Goonz, if you want a copy of your driving record I think it is $15 from the RMV.

Found it. http://mass.gov/rmv/suspend/index.htm#record
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by BrApple:

We have VERY little that can be done legally.

Oh, and Goonz, if you want a copy of your driving record I think it is $15 from the RMV.

Found it. http://mass.gov/rmv/suspend/index.htm#record

That is true. You can actually go in to an RMV office and get a copy right then. I don't know if it will show warnings though?

I had to get one last year to get rid of a little speeding ticket I got on the way home from work in RI.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 02:11 PM
Should show warnings if they are written. Plus, you can probably get your records from the station as well. The station records should show every time you were pulled over, like the ones that the chief showed you. I am willing to bet you have a right to those.
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 02:27 PM
call your insurance company.
they can get you a acopy of your driving record.
i just got mine to send out to NY for that ticket.
although my agent only went back 7 years, but i think you can ask them to go back further.

i only had on infraction on there and it was for a lane violation 7 years ago.
showed no penalty with it, it was dismissed in court.
i mean, seriously, how does the cop expect me to use my direction for changing lanes while i am sleeping?!?!
Posted By: Cueball Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 03:43 PM
Dude, you might wanna consider changing your tint if it is gonna keep getting you pulled over...
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Cueball:
Dude, you might wanna consider changing your tint if it is gonna keep getting you pulled over...

But that doesn't make any sense...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 05:49 PM
That'd be an interesting case study.
To see if they pull him over more for tint where they can't see he's brown, or pull him over more with zero tint where they can see he's brown.

Either way, stereotyping sucks when it happens to one of your own friends. (even if we do bust on him all the time for being brown)
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: OH GOD - 06/20/06 06:40 PM
Your insurance agent or company can pull your complete driving record/tranaction/address change history/vehicle history...... Written and verbal warnings don't show on the transaction history. I'd be curious to know more about this file they showed you. Unless they are building a file on you or just wanted to show you what was available in the registry, they shouldn't have anything printed and filed.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 02:11 AM
Originally posted by SVT:
Your insurance agent or company can pull your complete driving record/tranaction/address change history/vehicle history...... Written and verbal warnings don't show on the transaction history. I'd be curious to know more about this file they showed you. Unless they are building a file on you or just wanted to show you what was available in the registry, they shouldn't have anything printed and filed.

I called my insurance company today and they said they have nothing on my current situation..so i guess im clear on that..i hope

As for tint, im not taking it off because there are numerous cars out there with it and just cause my car appears all black doesnt mean i should particularly pay the price, plus i must cause somthing in order for me to get pulled over which I never do anything to secumb to that. I drive by cops all the time, ALWAYS doing the speed limit and never speeding..
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 02:15 AM
Cops can pull you over just to check your tint if they want. They use it all the time as probable cause to check if you are drunk.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Cops can pull you over just to check your tint if they want. They use it all the time as probable cause to check if you are drunk.

never been drunk driving and also a cop has told me flat out that they dont have the proper tint computer thingy to see what i have, so im not worried about it..
Posted By: DanburySE Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 03:33 AM
still don't understand why everyone thinks this was recially motivated? and how could he even see you with your dark dark tints? hey, i wish i could pull the race card next time i get pulled over. too bad what guys are not allowed that luxury.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 11:35 AM
If Haroon is a marked dude when he travels by air, even within the states, who is to say he's not also marked while he drives?
The potential for this to be racially motivated is there. Whether it's true or not is difficult to prove.
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 11:39 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
Originally posted by getsum111:

i think if they didnt come on the car from the factory they r illegal. thats why just installing some hids and having the lids all over the place is begging to be pulled over. gotta do it right with projectors to at least make it look oem. same with tint. if a car came with limo tint from the manufacturer i dont think it would be in violation. cops might still pull u over but you'd have to prove it was oem.

You're right. Dark tinting is illegal in CT if is part of the driver's compartment. Limos get away with it becasue there is patition between the driver and passenger compartments. HID lamps, becasue they emit light on the blue end of the visible light spectrum, in some cases depending on manufacturer are not legal either in CT in accordance with the blue light law. However if HID or limo tint is installed in the vehicle by the manufacturer it is legal.

Lio tint, there's no way out of that, if the window is too dark then ots too dark. HIDs though, if youcan do a neat and clean install to make it look like they were made that then you'll probably be able to play it off. But only within reason, I wouldn't be trying to put HIDs into my rusted out 81 Civic though.
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 02:17 PM
yeah they can pull you over just to check tint.
and i am surprised they told you they dont ahve the proper meter, becasue in that case they have no reason to pull you over for it.
i know that NY staties have the meter!
fuggers!!!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 02:33 PM

i know that NY staties have the meter!
fuggers!!!

Speaking of, I'm mailing out my response crap today. Finally got my driving record. My stepdad is a retired LTC in the Army, so he just asked for my license information and social or w/e and pulled it up for me. Saved me a pain in the arse trip to the DMV or to my insurance company.

I'm soo suprised at my record though. Only 2 violations showed up even though I've been stopped many times in the past. They both just say "Failure to obey traffic control", but nothing about speeds or anything.
Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 03:05 PM
sweet.
i just calle dmy insurance angent and she mailed me a copy.

i got the delivery confirmations back from them this week.
make sure you send a copy to the district attorney and the court house!
i almost over looked that part!

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 03:14 PM

make sure you send a copy to the district attorney and the court house!
i almost over looked that part!

Whoa! I didn't see anything about that. Sh!t!

Now I don't think I will be able to mail it by today.

Posted By: ElKy Re: OH GOD - 06/21/06 03:21 PM
yeah its on the cover sheet of the letter they sent you back.
its kinda hidden in the wording!
fuggers they are!

© CEG Archives