Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: rouar What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 04:48 AM
Seriously this is probably the deadest I've ever seen NECEG.

I'm busy with job interviews and working and as much socializing with my college friends until we inevitably part. It's started to show on here - Goonz and I were neck-in-neck in terms of post count until the past six or so months. (a good thing?) Also working on the 80s/90s movies thing too (people at the meet know what I'm talking about) .. saw Groundhog Day for the first time tonight.

Interview Number Two for Fidelity is coming tomorrow - could possibly be working near bishop and ronin. Technically it's number 1.5, one person had to cancel with me last time. Also had a favorable interview at Omni Services in Worcester with a second on the way. Numerous phone interviews and (failed!) interviews at other positions as well. This job searching thing is very slow but sure ...

... how about you? Or is it just dead in here for no reason?
Posted By: Snipey Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 11:04 AM
Ive been checking this forum all day yesterday hoping there would be some action in a topic
My sleeping schedule is a disaster. working nights 10pm-8am and having a random day off in the middle of the week just throws it in the spin cycle
on the up-side im makin some fair money until i can find a better job with benefits and such
also been tryin to fix my new laptop's memory problem, get my summer tires mounted, other car-related shenanigans and hang out with friends on my day off
sorry if im going on, i have no one to talk to at 7am when im out of work early

does ceg condone emulator/rom talk? i found a n64 emulator that lets you play multiplayer games online(mario kart for example ) if we have a few challengers we could get some games goin.
thats all for now
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 11:39 AM
working for the weekend here, as usual.
I pretty much dread having to come here everyday because there's so much to do at home.

Yesterday, our neighbors suddenly brought a lawn service person over to give them an estimate on cutting down some trees. They had a slot open for this afternoon last minute, so they gave the neighbors a deal.
They'll be driving their equipment across our lawn all afternoon, and I'm really not too happy with that.
The owner is worried about his truck sinking into an unknown sinkhole, both in the yard and on the street. Their side of the fence is still too wet from all the rain, so I guess there's not much choice but our yard.
I hate that helpless feeling where I'm stuck here not knowing what's going on somewhere else.

THEN the neighbors said they want to give us the wood. Mike is too busy trying to prepare for bikeweek, so I don't know how we're going to have time to stack wood, or WHERE for that matter. I'm sure the tree guys are going to leave an utter mess all over the place too.

Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 11:49 AM
dang!
that totally blows!
hopefully they are smart enought to lay down plywood where they are going to drive.
i would be pissed if they ruined the lawn.
so is this the neighbors on the deck side of the house?

i suppose you could always stack the wood under the deck.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 11:55 AM
yeah deck side - the Harley people.
I think the tree guy did mention plywood, so I'm hoping that turns into a reality.

Stacking the wood under the deck might have to be the way to go. As far away from the house as possible too.
Posted By: Cueball Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 12:22 PM
Yes - keep as far away as you can to avoid insects, etc.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 12:24 PM
I have been on all day reading posts inbetween working on things. Yesterday afternoon I must have had about 20 phone calls in about 45 minutes, but that is what you get for working on about 6 different tasks at the same time, let alone the other ones I have been working on that I am waiting for data on at the moment, I think in total I will ahve to process data from about 10 or so different tests, with instrumentation counts ranging from 12 to 36+ on each one ... I have been trying to gather and figure out what I will need to install the SVT bumpers and side skirts onto my car, think that I have everything but I need to see the bumpers first to know if I need anything else. That is going to be fun, they will not fit in a contour, might try my gf's taurus but I think my parents windstar is the best choice, if they let me take it .... although I might just take it when they are in California moving my brother to Stanford for grad school ... work is busy one day and slow the next, well at least until that data comes in ... or I have to travel to Florida for the testing ...
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 12:59 PM
I was in Chicago last week and went to 2 of the 3 Sox games this past weekend. I don't contribute all that much anyway.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 01:15 PM
This week is a little crazy here at work as it's the end of the school year and staff laptops are being returned for the summer, and guess who has to collect all them? They are being turned in with power cords and network cables missing. So I have to be everyones mommy and call them to get them returned. Also getting ready for alot of summer projects in IT for all the buildings. My area will be the maintenance of all the elementary schools. Re-imaging, re-wiring, and cleaning older iMacs. Fun, fun!

When I get home from work, I'm either napping or working on one of our 6 cars, but usually mine.

I have my sisters wedding this week, which I'm also in. Pick up my tux today, rehersal on Friday, wedding on Sunday.

I totally forgot the wedding was this week till my brother said to pick up my tux on Wed. So that's more money to spend that wasn't expected and I'm already broke right now.

This weekend was supposed to be a weekend to finally relax for once but I guess I can scratch that. I'm on CEG alot but mostly just at work, or late at night before bed.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 03:13 PM
A lot more scrutiny over browsing time at work, a lack of a computer at home until this past weekend, and my driving the SVT less have added to the lack of updates from me.

Matt, that'd be great if you got the job down here. We'd definitely have to meet up for lunch sometime.

Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 03:35 PM
Tony, did you add your SVT to the registry? You should add your other 2 on there as well!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Cobra:
Tony, did you add your SVT to the registry? You should add your other 2 on there as well!

I keep forgetting the exact build date of mine, so I didn't add mine yet.

The other 2 I've been meaning to call SVT about. I'm very curious about both of them.
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 04:34 PM
Yeah, you may find them on the list already, and find out who owned them prior, of you don't already.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:
Seriously this is probably the deadest I've ever seen NECEG.

... how about you? Or is it just dead in here for no reason?

It's dead. I agree.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:08 PM
I've been waiting to hear back from an interview by the end of the week, which I think went really well. Also I got my 4 deep wisdom teeth removed yesterday

I feel like Kanye in "Through the Wire" minus...you know...the wire part...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
I feel like Kanye in "Through the Wire" minus...you know...the wire part...

I dunno what that means, but I hope they gave you good painkillers. I thoroughly enjoyed getting my wisdom teeth out due to the drugs.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:28 PM
haha..cuz he couldn't really open his mouth when he did the song from the car crash or whatever. I'm not even using any pain killers. Just an antibiotic and some motrin. The worst part is the swelling.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:32 PM
i never used any of the painkillers i got when i had my wisdom teeth out.

well...not for the pain anyways...
hehe
supaer stamina here i come!!
Wo0T!!1
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:33 PM
yea life sucks
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
yea life sucks

I'm surprised you're alive and posting, considering how pissed your parents are.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:50 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
yea life sucks

I'm surprised you're alive and posting, considering how pissed your parents are.

must have missed something other then the cc for gas at sz
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 06:53 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
yea life sucks

must have missed something other then the cc for gas at sz

yea thats also exploding on my face..dont be surprised if you dont hear from me
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:05 PM
Harooney changed his major. Parents are pissed because instead of being filthy rich, he'll only be just rich when he graduates.

His parents like him good and filthy.
Posted By: rouar Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:15 PM
Brapple if you need any assistance with the bumpers let me know - I can borrow my dad's Forester or stick them in the Maxima trunk (which is beyond huge). I'm free a lot the next few weeks.

More info on the Fidelity job, as soon as they call me back. I got a phone call 45 mins ago containing some nice phrases such as "extend to you an offer" but needed to fill out something before discussing details... <giddy>

Haroon - glad you found something you enjoy doing despite what your parents may think is "the best" for you ... it'll work out well in the end.

Chris - like ElKy here I went without painkillers .. four impacted wisdom teeth .. at 16 years old .. definitely know the feeling! At least you are out of school when you had them done. Good luck with the interview/etc, I am also waiting to hear back from another company as well for a second interview (though it's less likely now that I would take it). Again long story. I think I'll make a blog-type post on this crazy stuff later this week.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:17 PM
Harooney changed his major. Parents are pissed because instead of being filthy rich, he'll only be just rich when he graduates.

my dad said hes gonna have another talk with me I told my brother and he was like i'll handle it

i dont want to be filthy rich, i dont want no goldiggers! although i like getting filthy
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:27 PM

my dad said hes gonna have another talk with me I told my brother and he was like i'll handle it

i dont want to be filthy rich, i dont want no goldiggers! although i like getting filthy

yeah I forgot about that ... just stick to what is best for you and they will just have to begin to understand
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:29 PM

yeah I forgot about that ... just stick to what is best for you and they will just have to begin to understand

its really hard to when they throw the whole "we're paying for ur school" sh!t..and they are brown parents.. ahh well, sucks to be them..
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:41 PM

its really hard to when they throw the whole "we're paying for ur school" sh!t..and they are brown parents.. ahh well, sucks to be them..

that shouldn't matter, when I almost failed out my parents where still behind me ... not that they where happy, they where paying for most of my schooling but in the end its one of those things
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:41 PM
Brapple if you need any assistance with the bumpers let me know - I can borrow my dad's Forester or stick them in the Maxima trunk (which is beyond huge). I'm free a lot the next few weeks.

I will im you tonight ....
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 07:55 PM
so now what do you want to be when you grow up?

i think i missed this convo this weekend.

oh yeah and no matter what your major is and no matter how hard you study, you will always be brown.
hehe
j/k
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

+1
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 08:38 PM
Brian, are you going to get your car repainted too or just the bumpers? I'm thinking about going going with the svt look soon as well pending a real income lol
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 09:09 PM
Brian, are you going to get your car repainted too or just the bumpers? I'm thinking about going going with the svt look soon as well pending a real income lol

well I would like to ge tthe whole car painted as the previous owner left bird crap and pine sap on the car and it has put many marks in the paint, the rear bumper is pretty scratched up and the carpet needs a good cleaning again if not just to be replaced, that is what I get for buying a car that was used by a mother and young child ...

the real income and the want have meet in my case and I am going forward, helps getting great deals on the parts too .... hmm GTOPete has another rear bumper that I am sure he will let go cheap ... want to go to Maryland and pick em up? no seriously, the side skirts are only like $123 from ford and they come with the hardware and jackpoint covers and two junk yards in MA have front bumpers

as for the paint, I think I may try my hand at it first, see what I can do, then get the whole car painted later, or just get the stuff painted and go from there, the next thing to look into and price out
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 09:18 PM
I got caught in a down pour today. I got soaked.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Former Contour Owner:

+1

I wanna live in a van down by the river!

lol naw im lookin into Bio-technician or radiology
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Former Contour Owner:

+1

I wanna live in a van down by the river!

lol naw im lookin into Bio-technician or radiology

It's better too have a lower paying job and be happy, then have a high paying job and hate every min of it...

Posted By: hotdimmes Re: What's going on in here? - 06/14/06 09:36 PM
as for the paint, I think I may try my hand at it first, see what I can do, then get the whole car painted later, or just get the stuff painted and go from there, the next thing to look into and price out

Well keep me updated on your results as I'd be interested to see how it prices out for you.
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 10:58 AM
Wow, sounds like immigrant Pakistani parents are just like immigrant Chinese parents! Damn, Goonz, you have my sympathies (having gone through this kind of crap many times). Yeah, the money argument always comes up, which is really sad since: a) they think they can buy you off, and b) they think the world revolves around money (hell, my old man called my older brother a 'bad investment' at one point ). Like BrApple said, just grin and bear it -- you're probably going to get some kind of scarring from this (I got good at making myself look busy or avoiding my dad, because once he got wind that I had any little bit of free time, he'd go off on one of his lectures) but trust me you'll emerge with a much stronger character.

BTW, I vote for radiology -- lot of cool toys, and a good field if you like patient contact and the feeling of being part of the care team.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:06 PM

Let me know if you are interested in the SVT skirts I have. They are broken right now but I'm going to repair them for whoever wants to buy them.

I just posted for those 2 guys in the Aesthetics that are looking for Silver Frost skirts, but I'd rather sell to someone local.

Oh and I still need to check out the exhaust for ya.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:41 PM
so tony, what else you got for parts off the parts car you might be selling?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:44 PM
so tony, what else you got for parts off the parts car you might be selling?

Anything in particular you are looking for? I'll let you know if I have it or not.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:50 PM
what i really want is an SVT front bumper, but if i rememebr correctly the pics you posted show a lack of bumpers.
hehe

how are the floor mats?

off hand i cant think of anything i really need, i was just curious.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:56 PM
what i really want is an SVT front bumper, but if i rememebr correctly the pics you posted show a lack of bumpers.
hehe

how are the floor mats?

off hand i cant think of anything i really need, i was just curious.

Yeah, the bumpers were gone when I got the car.

The floor mats were really nasty, but I've cleaned them pretty good. Only problem is the drivers mats is worn straight through in 2 spots for your heels. I figure I'll use it as a winter set for my car since my mats are brand new and better than the Ford junk. The other set that came with the 2000 are mint and staying with that car.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 01:57 PM
what i really want is an SVT front bumper

have you search car-parts.com? I found two yards that said they had front bummper assemblies up in your area

Toy Town Auto Salvage USA-MA(Winchendon)

Burlington Auto Parts USA-MA(Shirley)
Posted By: rouar Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 06:51 PM
small update .. I have a job

Posted By: hotdimmes Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 06:54 PM

I hate you (out of jealousy)
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 07:11 PM

nice Matt, told ya that would call back

and that is really good for just having graduated
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 08:36 PM
congrats Matt.
Should be a good experience for you.

Fidelity seems to love to scoop up fresh college graduates. I know when I graduated, lots of my classmates were hired by Fidelity to various locations.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 08:55 PM
lol Kim im working in Manchester now

u can come harrass me anytime
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/15/06 11:35 PM
Congratulations, man!!! Welcome to the working world!

I'll buy lunch if you want to meet up! Consider it a congratulatory lunch.
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 12:21 AM

Congrats! Feels nice to put that little issue to rest, huh?
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 01:22 AM
congrats matty!!!

hey gonneroo, where abouts in manch-ruinedbybrown-vegas do you work?

i work about 1 minute from kim and steve.
they work in the same building.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:37 AM
congrats matty!!!

down at south willow..same shoe store
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 11:04 AM
Wooohooo!! Congrats Matty and Goonzie!
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 11:54 AM
congrats matty!!!

down at south willow..same shoe store

haha
i might have to swing by on my way home from work some night and hit you up for a nice set of heels!
hehehe
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 12:16 PM
lol good for you, Haroon. Get to work you lazy college brat!

That'd be cool if we could do some lunch. You're way the hell at the other end of S. Willow. We'll have to make you drive our way because we're lazy. heheheheh

What are your hours?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 12:59 PM
What are your hours?

His current hours are:

Noon - 10PM - Stay at home having sex with hand while on CEG
11PM - 2AM - Talk to MY g/f online.

Wake up in time for lunch and do it all over again the next day.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
What are your hours?

His current hours are:

11PM - 2AM - Talk to my g/f online.

buahahaha!!!

Lafawnduh!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 01:10 PM
What are your hours?

His current hours are:

11PM - 2AM - Talk to my g/f online.

buahahaha!!!

Lafawnduh!

It didn't get worded how I wanted it. I meant my g/f.

That's why she can't get her stupid arse up for work in the morning. Biotch!
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:03 PM
woah dude...the brown is workin your girl!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:08 PM

He wishes.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:33 PM
3-some?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:35 PM
3-some?

Sure, as long as Haroon is not included.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 02:55 PM
ok i'll help you out then!!

or if we do get Gooner in on this, we can make her airtight!
hehe
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 03:16 PM
i hate u all
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 03:17 PM
i hate u all

easy killer..if you notince i was trying to get you in on the action!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 03:21 PM
luv u goony
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 04:58 PM
Congrats to you both!

The Manchester crowd is growing! I'd be up for lunch sometime!
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 05:22 PM

He wishes.

Just ask her one simple question.

"What can brown do for you?"
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bishop375:

He wishes.

im gonna have parkedcar make that for me and I'll put on the back window
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 06:41 PM
Originally posted by bishop375:

He wishes.

im gonna have parkedcar make that for me and I'll put on the back window

That'd be the sh*t!!

Only problem is you would be getting pulled over daily for a cavity search.
Posted By: ElKy Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 07:18 PM
oh, and like goonzie would complain about that!
it would be the most action he has ever seen!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 07:35 PM
oh, and like goonzie would complain about that!
it would be the most action he has ever seen!

jeez, all the brutality bestowed upon me by neceg! if I was white, id be shooting up a school with all this..lol
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 07:40 PM
dammit!
We're trying to drive you to do the dynamite-strapped-to-chest thing, not that damn shoot-up-the-highschool thing everyone's doing nowadays.
Go oldschool, don't go newschool.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/16/06 08:07 PM

jeez, all the brutality bestowed upon me by neceg! if I was white, id be shooting up a school with all this..lol

well Matt doesn't ahve a contour anymore so some one has to be the the scape goat ...
Posted By: rouar Re: What's going on in here? - 06/17/06 02:08 AM

well Matt doesn't ahve a contour anymore so some one has to be the the scape goat ...

That will change sometime in the near future. (Not too near, lol, need an apartment first.) Have no fear Goonz, I shall relieve you of your weight once again!

Bishop and Ronin - definitely need a mini-CEG lunch meet sometime! I start on the 26th.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/17/06 04:20 AM
Absolutely!

I'm out of town on vacation until 6/30, and in town on 7/3 for work... let's see how that day turns out!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/22/06 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Cobra:

Just found out the build numbers and dates of the 2 SVTs I just picked up and added all 3 of them to the registry.

1998 (Black) #542 4/29/1997
1998 (Silver) #1266 5/23/1997
2000 (Silver) #1533 1/12/2000
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: What's going on in here? - 06/23/06 01:40 AM
Sweet! Master Shake voice on - Ummm... Can I borrow one of your SVTs...
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: What's going on in here? - 06/23/06 11:09 AM
Sweet! Your '00 SVT was built 51 before mine and the day before.
© CEG Archives