Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ElKy NY tickets... - 05/24/06 05:39 PM
Hey tony!
have you sent your ticket in yet?
i called them today.
if you appeal it, they will send you something telling you what info they need from you like, your past driving record and a letter stating why you were not doing what the officer said.

she also said once you get the letter stating what they want from you, you have about a week to get it back to them!
they try to make it very complicated, hoping you will just say screw it and pay the fine.

and when you mail it out it has to be within 48 for appeal and sent via registered, certified, or first class mail with return reciept.
i still have to call my ins company to see if it will effect my driving record here.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 05:44 PM
mass still hasn't done the multi state reporting yet. I got a ticket in ny coming home from pa a couple years ago, i paid the ticket and never came up on my driving record or ins.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 05:58 PM
just talked to my Ins. she said they now report all traffic violations. she said it may take a little while, but they do go thru.

she is going to send me my driving record, so i have it ready.
and as far as i know, everything should have dropped off it by now and i am clean for the past 7 years!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:10 PM
and btw, the answer shoulda been yes, you're special for having SVT everwhere.
S stands for Speshul - derrrr

The tint thing is what ticks me off the most about your ticket.

Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:16 PM
hehe sig fixed!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:16 PM
You got a ticket in NY for your tint Mike??
That's

Steph got hassled for her tint in CT once but they couldn't do anything about it, her car is registered in PA.

Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:23 PM
yeah, tony and i got pulled over for doing 82 in a 65 when we never broke 70!
we were tailed for a long time before the cop had a back up cruiser show up to pull us both over.
he didnt bother with the other NY drivers that passed us.
and they both bugged us about our tint.
i got a ticket, tony didn't.

Cop:"your tint is 35%, new york limit is 70%, so its too dark.

but mass is 35%, so its legal in my state.
hehe

and the funny thing is, my tint is actually 20%
hehe his meter sucks
hehe
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:33 PM
Originally posted by donut bumper:

The tint thing is what ticks me off the most about your ticket.

yeah that really doesn't make any sense, your not from NY so why would you have to be held to anything but the tint standards of the state that you are from
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 06:34 PM
I haven't done anything about the ticket yet, but I'll get on top of that right away. I've just been soo busy and exhuasted since I got home.

Yeah, Mike had his cruise set at 70 I believe, and I followed along behind him, with a speed ranging from 67-70.

My gauge said 75 which is 5 mph off since my gauge install, and my GPS showed 67-70 the entire time we were followed.

Give me one reason why I would blow by a cop going 82 mph, when I see him way ahead and already have a cop following behind me?

Cops think they own the world and can get away with anything because they are "the law".
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tea-Bagg:
just talked to my Ins. she said they now report all traffic violations. she said it may take a little while, but they do go thru.

she is going to send me my driving record, so i have it ready.
and as far as i know, everything should have dropped off it by now and i am clean for the past 7 years!

hmm, news to me, okay. They can't do anything about your tint, it's legal in your state, and even if it wasn't they cant enforce ny inspection laws on out of state cars.

It would be like getting a ticket in ny for no inspection sticker with a florida plate, don't think so.

Trust me ny york sucks, the trooper that pulled me over was a real hard ass. He asked me for my firefighter id since I had IAFF(union sticker)stickers on my truck to prove I'm a firefighter. He took my id and info then came back and said here's your ticket I don't give breaks, what an azz .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/24/06 10:38 PM
I would send a copy of your tint law in with your paperwork. Since the cop said your tint is 35% and that's what MA law states is legal it will be dropped. That citation should never have been issued as you are not a NY resident!

Include the fact that you both were tailed for quite a while before another officer showed up and pulled you both over. Cruise control was set and the cop was following you, why in the world would you be speeding with an officer behind you, another valid point to bring up. Looks pretty shady to me.

It's iffy to bring up the GPS reading 67-70 mph as they can still find you guilty of speeding. I assume that the speed limit is 65 so if you come out and say 70 they can still nail you for 5 over if they want to. Your best bet is to say the GPS reading was 67 mph (not lying, it's the truth).

Also, you both should swap citation numbers and reference them in your paperwork (both you and Tony). It can't hurt for the Judge to know that you were traveling together and they can look up the citation for the other person. That may put some doubt in the Judge's mind and work to your advantage. The Judge will see that you both were cited and see that your stories are the same and may rule in favor of both of you.

Hopefully there won't be much of an issue getting these citations dropped. **fingers crossed**

Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 05/25/06 11:43 AM
i mailed out my appeal yesterday.
$4.65! for a regular sized envelope!
blah.

Chris, my citation noted that there was two of us and i was the lead car.
i also can't find where it actually states he ticketed me for the tint.

if they want to be real arses about it and charge me anyway, i rather only pay for 5 mph over.
what sucks is the surcharges i will get for the next 7 years.
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: NY tickets... - 05/25/06 04:38 PM
Should of pulled behind the next ny'er to pass ya and start ridding along with them. I had a statey try something like that with me. Said I was doing 80 in a 65 I look at him and said "No you did 80 to catch up too me." I said I was doing 70 so he wrote me for 5 over (btch)

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/25/06 11:16 PM
That could be a good thing that he wrote that on the citation, you were the lead car.
HTH did he say he clocked you then? If Tony was behind you I can see him "tailing" or aiming the radar at Tony and getting his speed, but you?

He should have given you a separate citation for the tint.

7 Years!!?? Remind me not to move to MA.

I hope everything works out for both you and Tony!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 02:02 AM
man im soo glad i didnt stop with you guys at that rest stop

phhewww Kim and I got away, all cause of my BROWNESS
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 11:40 AM
actually, I'm pretty sure if we all would have stopped and left together, none of this would have happened.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ftribC2:
actually, I'm pretty sure if we all would have stopped and left together, none of this would have happened.

so what is the full story?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 12:18 PM
small bladdered Elky and Tony had ta pee. Goony and I didn't.
They asked if we would pull over with them, but they said "you don't have to, we can catch up"
I didn't want to break up the group, so I started to pull off behind them at the rest stop, but Goonz kept going.
Then I was like "well shoot, I can't let Haroon go off on his own" so I stayed on the highway.
Haroon and I slowed down to like 60ish to allow for them to catch up.
Eventually we got the cell phone call that they got pulled over.
We pulled over at the next stop, and the pee'ers met us there.

I suppose I could have just pulled off with Elky/Tony and we could have called Haroon to meet us at the next stop.
oh well
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 12:25 PM
the sucks, sounds like no matter what something wouldn't have worked out, oh well ...

I got lucky, I think it was in Ohio I was hit with lazar, or maybe it was someone in front of me as I slowed right down, had been cruising at 80 mph with the traffic, was in a city area before Cleveland
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 05:17 PM
The other thing I was kinda wondering is if Elky's cop had a stick up his azz for MA people, while Tony's cop was like "CT is cool, I'll be polite"
But that's just me adding fuel to Elky's frustration fire.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 05:22 PM
The other thing I was kinda wondering is if Elky's cop had a stick up his azz for MA people, while Tony's cop was like "CT is cool, I'll be polite"

yea good thing he didnt pull both elky and I over together cause we both woulda gotten soooo much crap for our tint, i even have the mirko so who knows what woulda happened, Haroon bend over! HAHAHAH
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 05:28 PM

I have a donut and coffie on hand at all times...

Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 05/26/06 06:19 PM
thats a good idea, i think on out of state trips from now on i need to keep donuts and coffe within plain view if i ever get pulled over.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/07/06 09:23 PM
just got a reply form NY.
i was charged with 82 in a 65 worth 4pt and a fine.
they reduced it to 2 pts and a fine.
WTF!!!
i dont want it reduced i want it dropped!!!
i have 30 days to reply with whether or not i will pay the fines or wait for a court date!
of course they dont give you any phone numbers, so now i have to search for numbers and try to get intouch with people.
this sucks!

havent been pulled over in 7 years and i get nailed with this.
i HATE NY!!!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: NY tickets... - 07/07/06 10:23 PM
Elky, I got the exact same reply from them today in the mail.

NY is a bunch of [censored] SCAM ARTISTS!!! I'm furious right now. You have no idea.

They do it on purpose to us for being out of state. It's free money for them. They figure out of state will just pay pay it because they don't want to travel for court. So even if you fight it, they just reduce it. So you still pay, still goes on your record. The money it will cost you in gas, loss of wages from work, and getting an attorney if needed ends up costing you more in the end anyways. So you lose either way. They either win and get the money they want or they don't lose anything by attempting to get it.

None of that probably makes sense when you read it but I can't write now cuz I'm so pissed.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 12:36 AM
i understood everything you said.
funny how we got them on the same day, but they were sent out on different days.
and our stories should have matched.
they suck.
can we blow up the whole state?
Posted By: Pre98 Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 12:40 AM
I suddenly feel the urge to leave the state for a few days heh.. hehe..
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 12:42 AM
i will warn you when i am going to drop the bomb!!
the fugged up part is they dont tell you what the fine is!

and after seeing the movie "the bridges of Madison County" i thought it was a nice place!
maybe i will just go burn down all the bridges!
muahahahaha
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 01:19 AM
Damn you anti-NYers.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:

and after seeing the movie "the bridges of Madison County" i thought it was a nice place!

I'm about to ban you from New England for admitting you saw that movie. I'm a chick and even I haven't seen that movie.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/08/06 01:51 AM
aww c'mon it was like 10 years ago and it has clint eastwood in it.

i lost alot of respect for that man after watching that!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: NY tickets... - 07/20/06 01:56 PM
Elky, what did you decide to do? Just pay it or are you going to fight it?
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/20/06 02:57 PM
funny you should ask.
i just called the DA today.
he is out of the office until tuesday.
but the clerk there understood my plea and she said she will have him call me tuesday.
i told her i realize ther is no way for me to get out of this without paying, but i would appreciate it if it could be dropped to a non-moving violation.
then it wouldnt effect my insurance in MA.
it is not in my powers to dricve out there to fight it, it would cost too much even if i did win.
but i stressed how i am not guilty, etc.
so maybe he will have a change of heart and change it for me.
i wont know until tuesday.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: NY tickets... - 07/20/06 03:26 PM
Awesome. I wanted to do something like that too, but I was scared that calling them directly about the issue, they would just push you away automatically and be forced to take the reduced fine and points against license.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/20/06 03:40 PM
i will let you know what happens on tuesday when i talk to teh dude directly.
Posted By: TGO Re: NY tickets... - 07/24/06 03:16 PM
i will warn you when i am going to drop the bomb!!
the fugged up part is they dont tell you what the fine is!

maybe i will just go burn down all the bridges!
muahahahaha

20 miles over the speed limit is atleasy $150...might be as much as 300. They do it in blocks of 10mph...last time i got busted for 11 over it was $150, plus surcharge which can be as much as $90.
Posted By: ronin45 Re: NY tickets... - 07/24/06 07:01 PM
you can actually file for an affidavit in lieu of appearance, which basically means you can just write a letter saying what you want to say in front of the judge without actually having to go there. they just read it on the day of your hearing. i got a ticket like two years ago for "following too closely" when i rear ended someone on the triboro bridge. a year later, i get a letter in the mail saying that my license is suspended and that i can't drive in the state of ny unless i go to court to resolve my ticket. i was like huh?!?!? so i called the rmv there and told the lady what happened that day and she told me everything i needed to do and about two/three weeks after i sent my letter in, i get a letter saying that i was all set and i was found not guilty.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/24/06 07:07 PM
i have already sent in my letter, and they responded with a reduced sentence, which still sucks.
now i am at the point where i want to appeal the reduced sentence.
basically they think they have me by the bawlz, i live outta state and can't afford to lose a couple days pay to fight it, so they just reduce it hoping i will just pay it.

Posted By: ronin45 Re: NY tickets... - 07/24/06 07:43 PM
that sucks. yeah, hopefully the DA can help you out tom then. good luck! ::crosses fingers:: i'd just keep bugging them and dragging it on tho (as much as it sucks) and see if they change their minds and forget about it.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/25/06 06:03 PM
NY sucks.
i just called the DA, apparently he wasn't going to call me back.
well, they told me i had to speak to the court clerk.
so i called the clerk.
she is out of the office until August 3rd ad only she can handle anything related to teh court.
well, i have to reply to the court before August 1st as to whether or not i am paying the fine.

did i mention NY sucks!!!!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: NY tickets... - 07/25/06 06:05 PM
One word.........SCAM!!
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/25/06 06:13 PM
yup.
Posted By: TGO Re: NY tickets... - 07/26/06 12:55 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
One word.........SCAM!!

just be glad you don't live here - and you won't have to deal with it again.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/26/06 01:16 PM
i will be dealing with the $200+/year surcharges for the next 7 years!!!
my record has been spotless for the past 7 years.
Posted By: TGO Re: NY tickets... - 07/26/06 11:56 PM
200 a year is nothing

2000 is something.

i have lots of experience with the latter

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 07/27/06 12:16 AM
NY sucks.

she is out of the office until August 3rd ad only she can handle anything related to teh court.
well, i have to reply to the court before August 1st as to whether or not i am paying the fine.

did i mention NY sucks!!!!

You're still going to file the appeal, right? At least it is sent in and received by the time the clerk gets back. She can then take it from there. Hopefully she will help you get it reduced to something a lot more reasonable!

Turn on the Elky charm. Maybe if she's lucky you'll drive out there and take her out for some tea...teabagging that is.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/27/06 12:12 PM
the $200 a year was an estimate, it might be more.

i appealed the ticket already, and i recieved their reduced offer.
now i want to appeal that, but once i appeal that, i get a court date and thats it.
i cant get to court there.
but i might have to apeal it and take the court date and then try to call and work something out then.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/27/06 08:52 PM
ok, well i got another letter from the DAs office.
it is an amendment to the first offer.
they reduced it now down to parking or stanfing on pavement, no points, must take a defensive driving course.
so i have to look into this course, the lady said AA usually offers them for free.
and the fine will be a $55 surcharge(i guess every NY ticket gets this) and whatever the judge decides to fine me.
it should be under $200 total.
this is a non moving violation so it wont effect my Mass driving record.
WOOT!
tony...call the DAs office and talk to Linda 315-366-2236.
tell her you would like to see if they could ammend the first reduction they gave you.
i didnt even ask, and they did it.
Posted By: TGO Re: NY tickets... - 07/28/06 07:40 PM
wow dude...were you actually speeding though? that's a bargain. Any violation i went to court over i just wound up losing anyway.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: NY tickets... - 07/28/06 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TGO:
wow dude...were you actually speeding though? that's a bargain. Any violation i went to court over i just wound up losing anyway.

yeah, tony and i got pulled over for doing 82 in a 65 when we never broke 70!

Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 07/28/06 08:42 PM
lets see...
the course i have to take costs $60, it is at 8:30am on a wednesday, so i lose a days pay.
plus i get a $55 surcharge from NY, just because they do that for every ticket.
then i still have to paya fine which could be up to $200.
all because i drove thru their state.

i should have video taped my speedo and the cop following me when it happend!
Posted By: TGO Re: NY tickets... - 07/29/06 01:35 AM
well if you fought the ticket you could request the in car video of him pulling you over and proof of the last time the radar was calibrated...or his speedo.

If he says you were doing 82 in a 65, that's a pretty big mistake to make there.
Posted By: ElKy Re: NY tickets... - 08/18/06 01:35 PM
well, i got my fine letter.
$150!!!!

plus i have to shell out $60 for the 4 hour defensive driving course.
aaaannndd... i lose a days pay because the course is from 8:30 to 12:30 and by the time i could get back up to work i would only be able to get in a couple hours.
blah!

but it beats a 17% surcharge for the next 5 years!
© CEG Archives