Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 02:50 PM
Mike is trying to change departments within his company (still an engineer, but moving away from assembly engineering).
This should also result in a raise.

He's been long overdue for a pay increase and a change in duties, so send all your good thoughts his way, please!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:14 PM
Wo0+!!!1!
go mikey, go mikey, its not your birthday but do it anyway!!

then i can can take over your old job!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:17 PM
best of luck

I just tried this with going to Pratt and my Supervisor shot it down, I need to look into some things but quiting my job in hope of being made an offer is to risky for me at the moment.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:31 PM
good luck mikey!
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:41 PM
Sending thoughts right now... *good thoughts*

Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:42 PM
I'll put in another good word for you, Elky!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 03:45 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee11
Posted By: Cueball Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 04:38 PM
Good luck Mike!
Posted By: rouar Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 05:59 PM
Good luck Mike!

I'm doing the phone interview game now .. it's so frustrating. I don't like using the phone - I'd much rather go and chat with people onsite. I spoke with HR at one company an hour ago for a phone screening; have a phone interview tomorrow with a manager at that company, and then maybe if I'm deemed worthy I get to interview with them in Cambridge.
Posted By: baco99 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 06:32 PM
good luck!
i'm on the hunt again too.

i just got transfered from Boston projects to project in the "Lakes" region (PA, OH, IN, MI). not sure i'm into the travel, so i'm searching for development jobs.

Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 06:54 PM
Best of luck Mike. Fingers crossed. Keep us posted.
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/09/06 11:38 PM
Good Luck, Mike!
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 01:20 AM
Good luck, Mike!

Originally posted by Rouar:

I don't like using the phone - I'd much rather go and chat with people onsite.

Ditto. I had one in March and you realize how much facial expressions are part of communication. That said, the phone interview is just to make sure you're not a head-case, and therefore shouldn't be a problem for you.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 02:00 AM
interesting that you say this, I only had aphone interview for my current job, but they were the only ones that asked me questions about what I learned and those questions relate directly to what I am doing at work
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 02:18 AM
Wishing you luck Mike.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 02:49 AM
My fingers are crossed . Good luck , Mike (and Elky , by proxy ) !
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 03:33 AM
Crosses fingers! Good luck!
good luck man
They set him up with an official interview schedule for next Tuesday, so things are progressing pretty well thusfar.
woot!

Thanks all!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 03:06 PM
Sweetness!
Walter Payton?

edit: lol I get it. "sweetness" was his nickname.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 04:05 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Walter Payton?

yea..he was knwon as the sweetness
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 05:13 PM
Best of luck Mike!
Posted By: ronin45 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/10/06 09:02 PM
good luck!
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/11/06 04:01 AM
Originally posted by BrApple:
interesting that you say this, I only had aphone interview for my current job, but they were the only ones that asked me questions about what I learned and those questions relate directly to what I am doing at work

Perhaps it's industry-related... But now that I'm mulling it a bit more, I'm applying for positions in groups looking for someone who's subspecialty-trained in dermatopathology, a one-year training which I haven't started yet, so I guess the groups can't really ask me that much over the phone...

At this point, I really have nothing to show for my subspecialty training, yet hiring decisions will be made on the expectation that I'll complete the training in a satisfactory manner. I'm not complaining, though -- the group that held the phone interview is inviting me for a visit.
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/11/06 04:03 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
They set him up with an official interview schedule for next Tuesday, so things are progressing pretty well thusfar.

Nice!

no luck
They turned him down and said they have someone else more qualified.
pfft
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/31/06 06:57 PM
Originally posted by fartblueC2:

no luck
They turned him down and said they have someone else more qualified.
pfft

loosers ...
Posted By: ElKy Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/31/06 07:12 PM
fuggers!!!
more qualified?
pffhttht

that means that he blew someone!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 05/31/06 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
fuggers!!!
more qualified?
pffhttht

that means that he blew someone!

whats the managers name?
Posted By: wontgrowup_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 06/01/06 09:42 PM
That sucks Kimmy and Mike!!!

Yet another reasowhy I'm going through all this grief to change careers, and not a moment too soon.....I wish Mike luck-let me know if he ever needs a professional reference, I would be more than happy to provide one.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 06/01/06 09:42 PM
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Fingers crossed for Mike (Cobra) - 06/01/06 10:34 PM
Bummer.
© CEG Archives