Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mustang CCSU Car Show - 05/07/06 09:08 PM
I popped in for a few hours today. Good show! It was a good mix of muscle cars, ricers, euros, a few exotics and 2 SVT tours! Wierd coincidence is both tour owners had 89 Probe GT's and we both got the SVT's around the same time. He almost bought the one I own now.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/07/06 10:49 PM
Nice! I almost stopped by today but I was just too busy with other things.

I actually met a T-Red SVT owner today. It was a 98 with E0 wheels. Met him at the Southington AutoZone but he was from Farmington.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 01:46 AM
I wanted to go...but I had to sit around Gampel for a few hours in a silly robe
Posted By: Mustang Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 02:11 AM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
I wanted to go...but I had to sit around Gampel for a few hours in a silly robe

Hehe yeah the final humiliation..they make you wear a dress at graduation.
Posted By: Mustang Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Nice! I almost stopped by today but I was just too busy with other things.

I actually met a T-Red SVT owner today. It was a 98 with E0 wheels. Met him at the Southington AutoZone but he was from Farmington.

I'll run into that Black Tour yet!

Last weekend met up with a silver 98 SVT owner in Newington. Sharp car too. He knows about CEG but I don't think he's a member.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 02:47 AM
well I would have gone myself but I was installing new control arms on my car and trying to fix the problem with my fathers car ...

if it was a Black SVT with like 3 inch exhaust he was at the UCONN show with the CCSU group, he said he just got it a few months ago
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 03:31 AM
Mustang, did you happen to see this car, front euro plate "VEEDUB"?

That's my buddies. My 3L and his tuned turbo are prolly neck and neck. Love that car.

Posted By: Mustang Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 05:11 AM
Originally posted by BrApple:
well I would have gone myself but I was installing new control arms on my car and trying to fix the problem with my fathers car ...

if it was a Black SVT with like 3 inch exhaust he was at the UCONN show with the CCSU group, he said he just got it a few months ago

Yah, one and the same. Nice guy too. Magnaflow resonator if I recall and aluminized pipes. Misses all that torque from the Probe but loves the handling of the SVT Echos my sentiments
Posted By: Mustang Re: CCSU Car Show - 05/08/06 05:25 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Mustang, did you happen to see this car, front euro plate "VEEDUB"?

That's my buddies. My 3L and his tuned turbo are prolly neck and neck. Love that car.

There were a lot of VDub's there. Even a Kharmangia Wagon (what a fookin scary vehicle).I didn't see your buddies though.

Found it amazing how many Subarus were modded considering 99.9% of them are usually holding up traffic while I'm trying to get home from work. But WTF do I know, I'm just an old fart in a Contour
© CEG Archives