Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RespectTheContour summer wheels back on - 04/15/06 11:21 PM
took a few quick pics, heres one
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1875medium9ae.jpg
Posted By: Snipey Re: summer wheels back on - 04/15/06 11:36 PM
looks nice, i like the fading on the edges of the pic. and i looooove those fsvt's

i went out and took a large amount of pictures today, only a few came out how i wanted

.Snipey
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 12:22 AM
aww yeah
lookin spiffy

We installed the Borla exhaust on the truck today
muy bueno
I snapped pics, no idea when I'll post.
Posted By: rouar Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 01:17 AM
I don't know why, but your flat ding guards look much wider than I recall seeing on other 98.5+ Contiques (even my own). I think a Knauberization is in order
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 02:13 AM
oh come on guys! go aftermarket rims like somthing that isnt Ford related..ahem..lol

I like those
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 12:03 PM
i would love to have those ding guards taken off, any repainting involved? can someone help me out cause i want them off! haha, just need some new headlights and respray the bumpers and she should be set for awhile
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 12:58 PM
since yours is only 2 cars away from Cobra's, I'd say no repainting is involved. We took his ding guards off no problem.
Used quite a bit of Goo Gone and just yanked them with brute force.
Some people use fishing wire (with gloves!) to sort of saw behind the guards since the boogery glue back there is pretty strong.

The only thing I think you might have to be somewhat concerned about is fading. Your car is 6 years old, so it's possible the paint has faded, but the paint beneath the guards has had no exposure to light.
Having a silver car though might work into your favor and it may be hardly noticable.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
oh come on guys! go aftermarket rims like somthing that isnt Ford related..ahem..lol

I like those

this from someone trying to get SVT or Ford decals to put onto his summer wheels

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: summer wheels back on - 04/16/06 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I like those

this from someone trying to get SVT or Ford decals to put onto his summer wheels

actually I have SVT overlays on mine, but the rims arent ford..thats what I meant..
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: summer wheels back on - 04/17/06 12:02 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
since yours is only 2 cars away from Cobra's, I'd say no repainting is involved. We took his ding guards off no problem.
Used quite a bit of Goo Gone and just yanked them with brute force.
Some people use fishing wire (with gloves!) to sort of saw behind the guards since the boogery glue back there is pretty strong.

The only thing I think you might have to be somewhat concerned about is fading. Your car is 6 years old, so it's possible the paint has faded, but the paint beneath the guards has had no exposure to light.
Having a silver car though might work into your favor and it may be hardly noticable.

awesome, i was worried there would be holes behind those things like on jetta's and whathaveyou, but as long as its just glue...those suckers are coming off
Posted By: Cobra_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/17/06 11:07 AM
Just be slow about it, don't rush it. Take your time and lots of goo gone and they'll come right off.
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: summer wheels back on - 04/17/06 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:
I don't know why, but your flat ding guards look much wider than I recall seeing on other 98.5+ Contiques (even my own). I think a Knauberization is in order

got one side done tonight! loooooooking good, once she's done ill throw up some new pics, thanks for the push on the back to get that done, haha
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: summer wheels back on - 04/20/06 11:36 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1949medium1pm.jpg

lousy picture, bad time of day to take it, but both sides are done, polished up my headlights too (look new again...but im sure thatll change quick) thanks for the motivation to take the door ding guards off, i love the subtle change
Posted By: rouar Re: summer wheels back on - 04/21/06 02:52 AM
Oh man .. much improved.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/21/06 05:53 PM
Very nice!

I'd love to take knauberize mine but the previous owner had some paint work done, I'll have stripes.
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: summer wheels back on - 04/21/06 09:08 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Very nice!

I'd love to take knauberize mine but the previous owner had some paint work done, I'll have stripes.

you know i didnt even think about that scenario, i lucked out i guess
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: summer wheels back on - 04/21/06 11:41 PM
You sure did, lucky you!
That was going to be the first mod that I wanted to do to my car.
© CEG Archives