Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Expect Snow - 04/03/06 12:47 PM
This weekend, Mike and I pulled the cars out of their winter hybernation bags (car jackets).
Every frickin time we do that, it snows.
At least we're doing it earlier this year, so if it snows now, that should mean nicer weather later this month for the Spring Meet, right? right??

We also took the snow tires off the GL and put the SVT's old rims back on her.

Feels good to get stuff done.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 01:01 PM
ha, well I will share the blame with you then I did the same thing yesterday. The Contour is now up in Enfield, hopefully I can get home before it starts raining today. Havin the gf drive me home so I can get the Mystique tonight ...

just looked at weather.com and there is snow up around Albany
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 04:26 PM
Haha. I have to take credit for the rain on Saturday afternoon. I washed my car and was going to wax it. I hadn't even dried it all the way off, and it was raining.

Totally my fault. Sorry.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 04:48 PM
well looks like I was right, the rain is going to get here alot sooner then 4 pm like weather.com says, its in the area now, and I was hoping to get back before hand ... oh well needs to be washed anyway, washed it sunday but got water spots all over from being in the sun , oh well needs to be detailed alittle before the UCONN car show anyway
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 06:07 PM
its not gonna snow
Posted By: rouar Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 06:40 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind if it would a little .. we had like no snow this year ..
Posted By: Cueball Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 06:43 PM
You people and your talk of snow.... SHADDUP!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 06:58 PM
matty, you should be bound and quartered for that comment!
hehe
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 07:04 PM
Originally posted by CueballSVT:

no kidding! i hate snow
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
matty, you should be bound and quartered for that comment!
hehe

Let's take his alky away from him!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 07:17 PM
if you do that..you keep the alky...i dont need any more.

i think i am still buzzin from saturday
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/03/06 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

no kidding! i hate snow

C'mon guys, the snow is my livelyhood in the winter. This winter I just about lived in poverty. I had to use the change I save to keep fuel in my truck. (it really sucks counting $65 in quarters and dimes on the counter at the gas station)

I know what you mean about jinxing. Friday we took the sander out of the dump truck put the plows to bed for the summer and put the sand/salt pile under cover. Plus all our commercial contracts expired April 1 so if it does snow we don't need to do anything.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 12:17 AM
We are supposed to get 3 inches over tomorrow. I was hopeing spring was here to stay.
Posted By: Cueball Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Matt R:
We are supposed to get 3 inches over tomorrow. I was hopeing spring was here to stay.

No, no - you have the weather confused with what you promised your girlfriend...
Posted By: baco99 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 12:49 PM

No, no - you have the weather confused with what you promised your girlfriend...

oh d@mn!

Posted By: ElKy Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 01:07 PM

thats if he does it twice, right?
Posted By: Cueball Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 01:43 PM
I was waiting for the typical response: "yeah - 3 inches --..... WIDE."
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 01:46 PM
I was waiting for the typical response: "yeah - 3 inches --..... WIDE."

Looks like Elky got himself some new material. He showed YOU!

Posted By: ElKy Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 02:42 PM
hehe
and dougie...its 4 inches wide...

*THUD*

oops my fly just opened...

Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 07:01 PM
Speaking of snow...it is here in Agawam as I type this. If it sticks I wonder how much damage I am going to do to the car this time.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Y2KBlack&BlueSVT:
Speaking of snow...it is here in Agawam as I type this. If it sticks I wonder how much damage I am going to do to the car this time.

I hear that one as I am in Windsor Locks and it is semi snowing here, luckly my all season tires on the Mystique are still pretty new luckly I didn't drive the Contour today ....
Posted By: JSmith_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 08:25 PM
I don't think that there will be boo for snow accumulation for two reasons.

1. The last 2 weeks its been in the 50s or 60s and sunny. The surface temperature of the roads is too high for snow to stay. It may stick overnight when the sun is away on the less busy roads and in areas that get shade during the day as long as the temperature is below freezing. But as soon as the sun comes up and the temperature goes over freezing it will all melt real fast.

2. The earth has passed the vernal equinox (around March 21). The sun's path is now moving twords its summer solstice (around June 21) north of the equator. Therefore, the solar energy that reaches the surface is more intense than it would be in January when the sun is at its winter solstice.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 09:59 PM
tell you what a little change in elevation/location does

left work and it was raining/snowing, get to my gf's and it is bright, sunny and windy ...
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:

left work and it was raining/snowing, get to my gf's and it is bright, sunny and windy ...

shoot, that happened within an hour of me entering/leaving my apartment!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/04/06 10:39 PM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
Originally posted by BrApple:

shoot, that happened within an hour of me entering/leaving my apartment!

well it was an hour drive ...
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Expect Snow - 04/05/06 11:53 AM
I saw two accidents on the road on the way to work today, and I saw one of them happen. Some idiot was going way too fast, hit the breaks, and slid into the guard rail. He kept on going like nothing ever happened.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Expect Snow - 04/05/06 12:08 PM
no snow here..but there was about a 1/4" of ice on everything!
blah.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/05/06 12:21 PM
snow right now here, light cover on everything, roads where not to bad, yet ...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/05/06 01:00 PM
I felt a couple flakes fall last night around 9:30ish when I went to throw some trash outside.
No idea how much actually fell.
Like Elky, we had a bunch of ice coating everything this morning.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/05/06 01:06 PM
Snowing hard here. covered lawn and now starting to cover roads. snow heading towards boston. I hope they don't start sanding the roads again .
Posted By: FrozenSection Re: Expect Snow - 04/06/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by skunk:
Snowing hard here. covered lawn and now starting to cover roads. snow heading towards boston. I hope they don't start sanding the roads again .

This is not good. Sure hope nature cleans things up before the weekend, need to start getting grease underneath the nails again. It hit a lovely 68 degrees here in Seattle today...

... would be real bummer to come back to ice.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Expect Snow - 04/06/06 03:20 AM
Wow that is a really cool pic!
Posted By: rouar Re: Expect Snow - 04/06/06 03:45 AM

It was like this in west Millbury today (had a good 2+ inches or more on the grass at one point before it all melted again) but Worcester was warm enough that it wasn't accumulating.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Expect Snow - 04/06/06 03:59 AM
Originally posted by FrozenSection:

This is not good. Sure hope nature cleans things up before the weekend, need to start getting grease underneath the nails again. It hit a lovely 68 degrees here in Seattle today...

wish that was the case when I was there..rained for 34 days straight
Posted By: baco99 Re: Expect Snow - 04/06/06 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by FrozenSection:

wish that was the case when I was there..rained for 34 days straight

nice pic. rain or no rain, 68 degrees is better than 38 degrees!!!
© CEG Archives