Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZetecTour south florida contours - 07/20/04 09:54 PM
whats up all contour fans....im trying to put together a contour car club for south florida....if u r interested pm me or email me at contourracing20@aol.com
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 03:20 AM
Psst. We already had a club. It bombed.

You can try again tho. Do a search.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 03:41 AM
I thought CEG was sorta a club. We have meets and what not. Some people even put the stickers on their cars. There are some people that even get t-shirts and calendars and what not.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 01:28 PM
Before my time, I guess.

Really not a strong/large enough following to have a Local club. The regional meets are where it's at...um... like the DRAGON RUN!! See my sig!

And yes, I drive up from South Florida to tame the Dragon. People from all over the world come to drive/ride Deals Gap (The Dragon). This area has some of the most beautiful scenery in America, IMHO THE most beautiful east of the Mississippi.

There are also other things for the family or S.O.s to do if you wanna bring them along & they're not interested in the driving. There are a couple of geo-caches to hunt for, waterfalls, the caverns/underwater lake & boat ride, recreation areas, jet boat rides, rafting, and I'm sure there are some other typical things too - like antique shopping, local festivals, etc.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 05:39 PM
whats up all...from the replys i see that people allready tried gettin a car club together...so if anyone in south florida wants to meet up and hang out, let me know...im really into my car and like to see what other people have done to the 'tours....really dont have time to drive up north because of my jobs...but im lookin forward to see if anyone wants to meet up down here (south florida), just to hang out and discuss 'tours...maybe even a couple of you can lose a race or two to me...lol...j/k...

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 07:27 PM
Hey, show up for the SCCA races at Homestead on Sunday. You'll likely see a couple of 'Tours on the track, or at least watching. Cost is $0

Check the thread in this forum for more details. I'm sure the Cheif would enjoy the competition at Moroso one night down the road.
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 07:46 PM
It would really be cool to see more CEG-ers show up & even run at the SCCA events. Unfortunately, most owners in the local area seem to be more into the show than the go... or doing stupid [censored] like street racing.

Come out, have fun, learn how to drive. Zero intimidation, everybody's friendly and trying to get a good time & have fun. Besides, where else can you come to see a gathering of rides like these:

Racing, showing off, having fun, and FREE

http://autox.carlc.com
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 08:53 PM
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
Besides, where else can you come to see a gathering of rides like these:

Racing, showing off, having fun, and FREE

http://autox.carlc.com

Besides the middle picture, I can see those cars at my local Sonic's any Friday/Saturday night. Regular cars other than the civics include a regular wrx, a wrx Sti, srt4, integra type-r, s2000,etc.

BUT, there isn't legal racing and even the illegal races come nowhere near as close to auto-xing. I wish I lived closer to ya'll.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 09:07 PM
You've got some active local chapters of SCCA near you, I'm sure. Check out the web to find them & have some fun this weekend. At least go watch.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 09:33 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
You've got some active local chapters of SCCA near you, I'm sure. Check out the web to find them & have some fun this weekend. At least go watch.

About an hour away and I'm busy this weekend, and really nearly every weekend with work,etc. I wish I had money for some separate wheels and tires and I would auto-x. Probably wouldn't do well with worn parts (like control arms, struts,etc. are new) and would probably be grouped in a class with much more powerful cars,, it would still be fun though.
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/21/04 09:34 PM
I'm into the show scene.....

The only thig I hate about the autocross is that they make you pay and then "make" you pick up cones or else your runs won't count....I don't think so. If I'm paying to run my car around some jacked up cones in an old ass(nearly abandoned)parking lot, they better pay some kids a couple bucks an hour to come and pick up those things..

Ranting is now over....

I personally like open track days with off-cambers, somewhat banked corners, and straightaways long enough to stretch my cars legs.

Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/22/04 03:28 AM
It's different when you're packing over 300hp like wavrdr

I consider it cheap practice for track events when I finally get the car 100% done. From what I gather, I think this course in Homestead is a fixed type course that they also use for karts, perhaps I'm wrong. I'll check the flyer.

Anyways, enough hijacking this guys thread. I'll be happy to get you any info on members from Miami that still have their cars. You might want to PM MystiqueSVT, since he was our local president for the small time that we were active. But, as for me, if you're idea of a club is riding around like [censored] and putting silly stickers on your car, count me out.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: south florida contours - 07/22/04 08:16 AM
Any tours around 137-157 ave n 42 (bird) to 88 st (kendall drive)? i live on 152 ave n sunset. the only tours i see have old geezers in them.

Rob
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/22/04 02:03 PM
I'm south of you. 152nd Street & 137th Ave.

BBContourSVT lives out in Homestead. There's another guy with a black one that I just met on the road two weeks ago. Nice wheels too, but I didn't get his name. Breidy no longer owns his SVT. MrPC still has his, but I haven't seen / heard from him in a long time. SVTSeth is our local SCCA race guy. Has a couple big wins under his belt with the SVT. Talk to him if you need anything installed / trouble shooting or whatever. Then there's Sam the resident bling bling man with the 3.0 .
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: south florida contours - 07/22/04 02:22 PM
I live at 107 ave and Kendall, but last night i was out by 152 st and 137 ave and by 157-137 ave on kendall, i was coming back from krome. I got a black SVT and i'm only 17. I saw another CSVT, silver E1 on the north side of Miami-Dade College the other day. I kinda get around town a lot, spend a lot of time out west.
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/22/04 02:58 PM
I have most of you Dade / Broward guys on my address book here and on AIM / Yahoo.

Why don't you guys come down to Homestead on Sunday? You know you don't have anything better to do (except sleep or work )
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: south florida contours - 07/23/04 04:00 AM
if u guys are ever up in broward i live off of 95 and commercial...ill travel to hang out and check out each others tours
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/23/04 04:43 AM
Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
I'm south of you. 152nd Street & 137th Ave.

BBContourSVT lives out in Homestead. There's another guy with a black one that I just met on the road two weeks ago. Nice wheels too, but I didn't get his name. Breidy no longer owns his SVT. MrPC still has his, but I haven't seen / heard from him in a long time. SVTSeth is our local SCCA race guy. Has a couple big wins under his belt with the SVT. Talk to him if you need anything installed / trouble shooting or whatever. Then there's Sam the resident bling bling man with the 3.0 .

Eric... ur the man.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: south florida contours - 07/24/04 11:09 PM
now i know that someone in south florida knows where i can find and svt front and rear bumbers at.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: south florida contours - 07/25/04 07:28 AM
Originally posted by ContourRacing20:
now i know that someone in south florida knows where i can find and svt front and rear bumbers at.

Sittin in my garage!!! with an SVT dual exhuast right next to it!!! but not 4 sale

hey, im 16 this summer sucks @$$ so im workin 2 jobs till the end of summer (Dairy Queen n Valentino's Pizza) just so i can get my paint job n svt kit put on n yea i go out late as you can tell its 3:23 i just got home from a party damn it i gotta wake up at 9 so im off to bed also messed up my fone in da pool damn it! any one have a spare metro they will sell me?

every1 was drinking!! i wanted to but i was driving
Posted By: CHF_Slapaho_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/26/04 02:52 AM
Whoa...

170+ competitors. Definitely the largest gathering all year (last year too!) We were out there all day, the rain magically avoided the track for most of the afternoon. Wish some of you guys could've joined me. Seth & his race partner ran their 420hp Audi S4. We saw lots of actions, spin outs, cone killers .

Posted By: MystiqueSVT_dup1 Re: south florida contours - 07/27/04 03:29 AM
I'm glad to see somebody else picking up the reigns and trying to get the FLCEG back on track.

It's been at least 2 years since the club was active. Part of that I blame on myself. My priorities changed and a lot of people sold their 'tours and bought new cars. But...back in 99, 00 and 01 there were a lot of good meets from Miami, to Orlando, Tampa, Melbourne and Jacksonville.

I sold my 'tique last year so I'm not very active anymore....but I'm still lurking in the shawdows.

Go to http://www.geocities.com/flceg/

I obviously have not updated the site in nearly 3 years. Feel free to browse the email list....but I suggest you just keep posting in the SE forums......

Good Luck.

Ryan
© CEG Archives